HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013, 2nd overall, Florida) III

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktos View Post
Not certain but I think Granlund was even more hyped. He was going to be above ppg and even if everything went wrong his downside would be a better Pierre-Marc Bouchard. His lack of speed and explosiveness wasn't supposed to be an issue because he can dictate the pace of the game lol. He's a joke and can't even crack the Wild roster.

IMO Barkov can become a 60-70 point two-way center and nothing more. People expecting another Finnish superstar are beyond mad.
I stopped reading after the bolded part. You're talking about a 21-year old and calling him a joke is typical talk by a Finn who's "known all along he's going to fail".

I agree that thomast does have a tendency to overhype some Finnish prospects (mainly Barkov), but what you're saying here is too harsh to be taken seriously.

-------

Now, about tonight's game, which I saw: In the 1st period he seemed nervous and made several mistakes on even strength, but the 1st PP assist in the end of the period really boosted his self-confidence. After that shift he took a faceoff and fought for the puck like Mikko Koivu sometimes does when it's a particularly important faceoff. He picked up in the 2nd period where he'd left off in the 1st and no longer seemed to be afraid of contact or going into corners.

He could hold his own out there although there was quite a bit of contact. It seemed that he got a cut on his earlobe from a stick at one point, but returned to the game soon after. He still wasn't particularly physical, but showed the signs of aggressiveness and fearlessness while battling for the puck in a tight spot, which is what I've personally wanted to see more from him.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:00 PM
SaunaMajuri

He was strong yesterday and he was strong today. I believe he will be better in these playoffs..

Old
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
NutCracker

Easily my favourite prospect from Finland. I hope he's the next finnish superstar. He definitely has all the potential

Old
03-21-2013, 03:05 PM
SaekkiPaelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Quote my post where i have stated that he dominates every game, never gives away puck(you really think that i would mean it right that? He would be best player pf the world and ever if he had that kind of ability

Everyone loses board battles. If i state that he seems to win all the puck battles it doesen't mean that he wins all but majority of them. Did you even watch the game? I want to hear if someone disagrees or agrees with me seeing todays game.

Quote where i have stated that he is best player of FEL? I have stated that he is best two-way player of the FEL and that is myopinion and many people shares similar view. He has incredible offensive potential IMO, he isn't flashy or do flashy plays but he has excellent vision, quick head and he positions himself very well in the offensive zone, great goal scorer at the close range. Very good hands in traffic and handling the bouncing passes, his coolness in scoring chances, his constistency. There is various reasons that he has excellent offensive potential. Watch Sidney Crosby, he doesen't do much flashy stuffs anymore his head his faster than everyone else and he makes simple effective plays. Barkov doesen't have as quick head because it's pretty special but he is elite in that area and plays pretty simple and effective game aswell. Barkov is excellent passer and posesses good shot like you said and i agree he should use it more often but maybe he'll learn.

I meant turnovers, bad passes in own zone and he does. And another thing is the most important aspect is to be able to think the game faster, it's not so much about if you are physically able to do it. But the way I see it, you can only see if someones mind works fast enough when they play at that specific level. And like I said the image I get from your posts, I'm not saying you specifically used those words.

Quote:
He looks stronger than before! Very hard to win at the boards. Have seen him winning alot of pucks from the boards and can't remember many if any turnovers. The thing which impresses me the most that his decisionmaking and poise are pure excellence in this playoff game. He looks like veteran player. Hard to believe that this kid wont turn 18 until 6 months...
if any turnovers -.-

And believe me, I'm hoping you guys are right and he because the next finnish elite player.

And btw, in many posts you say his tools are better than M Koivus, i'll believe that when he centers a first line in the NHL. But Mikko Koivu should also shoot more -.- seems to be a typical dilemma with finnish players.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:06 PM
SaekkiPaelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
I stopped reading after the bolded part. You're talking about a 21-year old and calling him a joke is typical talk by a Finn who's "known all along he's going to fail".

I agree that thomast does have a tendency to overhype some Finnish prospects (mainly Barkov), but what you're saying here is too harsh to be taken seriously.

-------

Now, about tonight's game, which I saw: In the 1st period he seemed nervous and made several mistakes on even strength, but the 1st PP assist in the end of the period really boosted his self-confidence. After that shift he took a faceoff and fought for the puck like Mikko Koivu sometimes does when it's a particularly important faceoff. He picked up in the 2nd period where he'd left off in the 1st and no longer seemed to be afraid of contact or going into corners.

He could hold his own out there although there was quite a bit of contact. It seemed that he got a cut on his earlobe from a stick at one point, but returned to the game soon after. He still wasn't particularly physical, but showed the signs of aggressiveness and fearlessness while battling for the puck in a tight spot, which is what I've personally wanted to see more from him.
This is a more neutral analysis of his game, not "there is no doubt who is the king of the ice tonight" -.-

Old
03-21-2013, 03:21 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaekkiPaelli View Post
I meant turnovers, bad passes in own zone and he does. And another thing is the most important aspect is to be able to think the game faster, it's not so much about if you are physically able to do it. But the way I see it, you can only see if someones mind works fast enough when they play at that specific level. And like I said the image I get from your posts, I'm not saying you specifically used those words.

if any turnovers -.-

And believe me, I'm hoping you guys are right and he because the next finnish elite player.

And btw, in many posts you say his tools are better than M Koivus, i'll believe that when he centers a first line in the NHL. But Mikko Koivu should also shoot more -.- seems to be a typical dilemma with finnish players.
I didn't basically remember any turnovers in that point of the game. There might be one, two or three but he didn't lose the puck much at all and couldn't remember any.

Never stated that Barkov has better tools and offensive game as Mikko Koivu has now especially for the NHL where Mikko is proven and Barkov not. I have only stated that he has better tools than Mikko HAD when he played in Finland. I think that Barkov has some of the tools better than Mikko right now but thats it. Barkov is obviously more gifted offensive player than Mikko was.

The common thing is that how often you see Barkov losing puck as often as other players, how many mistakes he does compared to other players. He is one of the least mistake making players in FEL, his decisionmaking and passes have very high success rate compared to other players. I have all FEL games archived this year and i keep watching alot of tapes and i've seen most of the players 5+times and some even more. There is no player who doesen't do mistakes or doesen't lose pucks if there was he would be best player ever.

But i admit that i might overstate thing or another but the main thing is that i just say the basic things. I use chance, might, maybe words alot. When i say Barkov has chance to be #1 elite C who plays in all situation. Does it mean that i say he will become one? I'm not the only one who believes like that. There are NHL scouts who share the same view but even they can't predict the future. Everything is projection and speculation.

Last edited by thomast: 03-21-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 03:50 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaekkiPaelli View Post
This is a more neutral analysis of his game, not "there is no doubt who is the king of the ice tonight" -.-
I wasn't the only one

http://www.iltalehti.fi/smliiga/2013...13905_sm.shtml

Old
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
BULKinen

To me Barkov is a bigger and stronger but slower and less intense version of Mikko Koivu.

The hype is getting ridiculous. Even Mikael Granlund didn't get this much hype in his draft year (and he had a better ppg average than Barkov has).

Skating is a huge issue for Barkov even though Finnish Barkov-fanboys like thomast would never admit it. It was clearly visible at WJC. Barkov was useless 5 on 5 because he just couldn't keep up. He will never be fast or explosive, he'll be below average at best. His father Barkov senior was the same, slow like a sloth, so it's genetic. He isn't NHL-ready either, he must improve his skating and it's not like he dominated the SM-liiga this year anyway so at least 1 more year in Finland will do him good.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:26 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
I just threw up a little reading this. People drowning on self pity is so ugly. "We finns overhype prospect and nobody will believe us anymore yadayada...". Everyone can make their own opinion and listen others with grain of salt. Atleast thomast is keeping us posted and he clearly watches these prospects that is more than we can say about couple whiners here.
Qft.

This is a discussion board people.

I, for example, enjoy reading Thomast's posts. He knows his hockey .

Old
03-21-2013, 05:38 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULKinen View Post
To me Barkov is a bigger and stronger but slower and less intense version of Mikko Koivu.

The hype is getting ridiculous. Even Mikael Granlund didn't get this much hype in his draft year (and he had a better ppg average than Barkov has).
MG wasn't the player Barkov is now. He was sheltered, wasn't there on every situation, didn't look better than NHLers etc.

Quote:
Skating is a huge issue for Barkov even though Finnish Barkov-fanboys like thomast would never admit it. It was clearly visible at WJC. Barkov was useless 5 on 5 because he just couldn't keep up. He will never be fast or explosive, he'll be below average at best. His father Barkov senior was the same, slow like a sloth, so it's genetic. He isn't NHL-ready either, he must improve his skating and it's not like he dominated the SM-liiga this year anyway so at least 1 more year in Finland will do him good.
There are lot of NHLers doing well though they look like they can't skate for their lives.

The issues with skating has been discussed ad nauseum in this thread (and the previous). It isn't elite now, and probably never will be. But it doesn't prevent Barkov from becoming elite player. It's not that bad imo.

Few kids at 17 and over 200 lbs and 6´3 are elite skaters.

Barkov has improved a lot he's skating over the past year and I think he has potential to improve still.

Imo he dominated this year, he really did.

For the record, If I had to bet money on it, I think he'll be 70-80 point player with Selke level D. Not superstar but great player.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Jeepers Creeper

Quote:

The hype is indeed getting excessive (that's what you get with Finnish prospects since some of us tend to get a bit crazy over them) but Barkov deserves all the extra hype he's getting over what Granlund ever got. Despite having a bit worse PPG ratio (0.9 vs. 0.93 while being half a year younger) Barkov's overall game is far more impressive than that of Granlund in his pre-draft year.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjtt View Post
Umm why did he only play 13 minutes and koskiranta played 24 minutes, seems kinda weird?
Coach Rautakorpi knew that Koskiranta will be out from the next day, because his wife is birthing a child and Jarno will join her in the hospital. So it was clever to load minutes for Koskiranta at the 1st meeting, as he won't join the 2nd game. And he'll be back at 3rd again.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:13 AM
thomast

Quote:

Did you even watch Mikko Koivu at the same age? He was horrible skater back then nothing compared to Barkov. Did you watch Armia? He wasn't that good skater, skating was one of his flaws and now he is one of most powerful skaters in FEL. You got tunnel vision in prospect evaluating. You think they stop developing right now. To be there is no doubt that Barkov is good skater technique wise but need power and strength on his legs.

You know better than TSN scouts who are actually scouts for the NHL teams?, Craig Button and Edmonton head scout who has just watched Barkov?

Tsn:

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

"Aleksander is mature beyond his years with a quiet confidence in his game. He has uncanny awareness and is a player who is capable of sizing up the play two and three steps ahead and can therefore do things at a very high pace and tempo. He possesses great hands, and he makes every kind of pass to create scoring chances. A very good skater who can create time and space for himself in the offensive zone. He is a dangerous offensive player who plays with determination and has a 'go about his business approach.' Has the potential to be a top number 1 center."

Edmonton head scout Stu MacGregor:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...sander-barkov/

"[Barkov] was very good. A big, strong, centerman that is very smart with the puck and strong with the puck and works hard at both ends of the ice.

He’s 6’2” at least, maybe a little more and very close to 200 pounds as a 17-year old. He skates well, very good first step, gets off the mark well. Passes the puck very well, good hands, controls the puck using his puck skills and his body to protect. More of a setup guy than a shooter but he does possess a very good shot."

There is clip in youtube where Button evaluates his skating and put it in very good range.

Jarmo Kekäläinen has stated that Barkov is better and faster skater than he looks because he is so big and big players tend to look slower.

Barkov isn't a speed demon like you stated but he is 17 year old 210ish lbs. His skating technique is very good, stride is very good(needs to add power), glide is excellent. When you watch him skating there is clearly just 1 thing which hold him back and it is lack of leg strength carrying 210lbs frame to fast speed. He needs strength on legs getting more power on his strides. That is the easiest thing to train in skating. Barkov has improved alot in that area and still does.

Mikael Granlund played 15 games less and played very sheltered role it was pure offense. Granlund was moved on center in post draft year to handle more defensive duties. His offense didn't improve at all and he was on his 18-19 year old season Barkov is on his 17 and plays way better defensive game than Granlund ever played in finland with similar offensive numbers as 17 year old than Granlund at 18-19 year old season.

You know better than NHL scouts polled by Bob Mackenzie? Bob stated that scouts like his NHL-ready game. Craig Button stated that Barkov is now darn close to be NHL by next october he will most likely be.

Barkov looked very tired at WJC and even admitted it that he was extremely tired. Barkov was worse skater at 16 year old at WJC in alberta and he was solid right there in 3rd line shutting down opposite lines in 5 on 5 and killing penalties. Finnish WJC team was a mess this year. Markus Granlund created alot more offense at WJC than Barkov but why is he healthy scratch at the playoffs when their team is matched against? Barkov is one of the best players in the series so far and Markus is sitting in the pressbox eating popcorn despite being better offensive player against kids at the WJC? Barkov is already used to pro game and looked lost in WJC where the game is mess and especially team Finland. Barkov produced 3 points against 3tough countries and it wasn't bad for 17 year old but i expected more because he was so good in FEL but was clearly tired as hell. WJC is a small sample compared to 56 FEL games in tougher competition. Mikael Granlund had 7 points in 7 games at WJC in his draft year and 5 points was against Austria. MacKinnon didn't look good at the WJC even when he was probably the best skater in entire tournament.

You lost your credibility and knowledge about hockey. Act smart but poor arguments.

Last edited by thomast: 03-22-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old
03-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Henkka

vCash: 528
Quote:
There is clip in youtube where Button evaluates his skating and put it in very good range.

Jarmo Kekäläinen has stated that Barkov is better and faster skater than he looks because he is so big.

Barkov isn't a speed demon like you stated but he is 17 year old 210ish lbs. His skating technique is very good, stride is very good, glide is excellent. When you watch him skating there is clearly just 1 thing which hold him back and it is lack of leg strength carrying 210lbs frame to fast speed. He needs strength on legs getting more power on his strides. That is one of the easiest things to train in hockey. Barkov has improved alot in that area and still does.
He is pretty much as "slow" as Joe Thornton was at 17.

Big guy, long legs, long stride.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:18 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888

Button talking about his skating. This maybe the one he is referring to I guess?

I think his skating looks great, you can see the technique in both goals they show in reference to his skating.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:31 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post

Button talking about his skating. This maybe the one he is referring to I guess?

I think his skating looks great, you can see the technique in both goals they show in reference to his skating.
Yes, it is that clip. They are talking about his skating alot.

At 0.15. You just can see his beautiful glide, strides and skating. He moves very well for guy for that size and age. Speed wise it doesen't look bad even when he was gliding through the neutral zone.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:34 AM
BULKinen

Quote:
Did you even watch Mikko Koivu at the same age? He was horrible skater back then nothing compared to Barkov. Did you watch Armia? He wasn't that good skater, skating was one of his flaws and now he is one of most powerful skaters in FEL. You got tunnel vision in prospect evaluating. You think they stop developing right now. To be there is no doubt that Barkov is good skater technique wise but need power and strength on his legs.

You know better than TSN scouts who are actually scouts for the NHL teams?, Craig Button and Edmonton head scout who has just watched Barkov?

Tsn:

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

"Aleksander is mature beyond his years with a quiet confidence in his game. He has uncanny awareness and is a player who is capable of sizing up the play two and three steps ahead and can therefore do things at a very high pace and tempo. He possesses great hands, and he makes every kind of pass to create scoring chances. A very good skater who can create time and space for himself in the offensive zone. He is a dangerous offensive player who plays with determination and has a 'go about his business approach.' Has the potential to be a top number 1 center."

Edmonton head scout Stu MacGregor:

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...sander-barkov/

"[Barkov] was very good. A big, strong, centerman that is very smart with the puck and strong with the puck and works hard at both ends of the ice.

He’s 6’2” at least, maybe a little more and very close to 200 pounds as a 17-year old. He skates well, very good first step, gets off the mark well. Passes the puck very well, good hands, controls the puck using his puck skills and his body to protect. More of a setup guy than a shooter but he does possess a very good shot."

Jarmo Kekäläinen has stated that Barkov is better and faster skater than he looks because he is so big and big players tend to look slower.

Barkov isn't a speed demon like you stated but he is 17 year old 210ish lbs. His skating technique is very good, stride is very good(needs to add power), glide is excellent. When you watch him skating there is clearly just 1 thing which hold him back and it is lack of leg strength carrying 210lbs frame to fast speed. He needs strength on legs getting more power on his strides. That is the easiest thing to train in skating. Barkov has improved alot in that area and still does.

Mikael Granlund played 15 games less and played very sheltered role it was pure offense. Granlund was moved on center in post draft year to handle more defensive duties. His offense didn't improve at all and he was on his 18-19 year old season Barkov is on his 17 and plays way better defensive game than Granlund ever played in finland with similar offensive numbers as 17 year old than Granlund at 18-19 year old season.

You know better than NHL scouts polled by Bob Mackenzie? Bob stated that scouts like his NHL-ready game. Craig Button stated that Barkov is now darn close to be NHL by next october he will most likely be.

Barkov looked very tired at WJC and even admitted it that he was extremely tired. Barkov was worse skater at 16 year old at WJC in alberta and he was solid right there in 3rd line shutting down opposite lines in 5 on 5 and killing penalties. Finnish WJC team was a mess this year. Markus Granlund created alot more offense at WJC than Barkov but why is he healthy scratch at the playoffs when their team is matched against? Barkov is one of the best players in the series so far and Markus is sitting in the pressbox eating popcorn despite being better offensive player against kids at the WJC? Barkov is already used to pro game and looked lost in WJC where the game is mess and especially team Finland. Barkov produced 3 points against 3tough countries and it wasn't bad for 17 year old but i expected more because he was so good in FEL but was clearly tired as hell. WJC is a small sample compared to 56 FEL games in tougher competition. Mikael Granlund had 7 points in 7 games at WJC in his draft year and 5 points was against Austria. MacKinnon didn't look good at the WJC even when he was probably the best skater in entire tournament.

You lost your credibility and knowledge about hockey. Act smart but poor arguments.
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/wp-...0-Rankings.pdf

Barkov: "At this point his skating is the main area of concern..."

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=50044

"Barkov is a creative with a very solid overall package and the skill set to compensate for his below-average skating, making him one of the top prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft."

There are also other scouting reports that say skating and lack of speed/explosiveness is a weakness for Barkov. My eyes also tell me the same thing after watching him at WJC and in SM-liiga. If the scouts really thought that Barkov is a good skater and has a very good first step, Barkov would be number 1 in every rankings. He would be a really big center with great skating and great offensive skills and good defensive skills. Smells like a consensus number one pick to me. Barkov is third at best in rankings. Barkov has a weakness, just live with it.

How is a guy with 0.9 ppg in SM-liiga and poor skating NHL-ready?

And anyone who disagrees with you that Barkov is the greatest player ever and fast skater "loses credibility and hockey knowledge"? (whatever that means)

Old
03-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Oan

Quote:

Well what should the ppg be then, when the scoring winner also was below 1 ppg, and only 2-3 players barely reach ppg every season?

Old
03-22-2013, 09:55 AM
thomast

Quote:

"Barkov is a creative with a very solid overall package and the skill set to compensate for his below-average skating, making him one of the top prospects for the 2013 NHL Draft."

There are also other scouting reports that say skating and lack of speed/explosiveness is a weakness for Barkov. My eyes also tell me the same thing after watching him at WJC and in SM-liiga. If the scouts really thought that Barkov is a good skater and has a very good first step, Barkov would be number 1 in every rankings. He would be a really big center with great skating and great offensive skills and good defensive skills. Smells like a consensus number one pick to me. Barkov is third at best in rankings. Barkov has a weakness, just live with it.

And anyone who disagrees with you that Barkov is the greatest player ever and fast skater "loses credibility and hockey knowledge"? (whatever that means)
Skating speed and skating technique is different thing. I have only stated that Barkov has fairly good speed for 17 year old for that frame. I focused on his skating technique and stride. He lacks leg power to move 210lbs frame fast but has the technique. All he needs to add muscle on the legs to get power on his strides. That is easiest thing to do in skating developement. Right now he is below average speed-wise or maybe average but technique wise he is very good skater. I think that you're one of them who values only speed in skating. Barkov isn't poor skater by any means. After next offseason with added leg strength he could be above average speed wise and still might be continue to improve. To me i personally evaluate prospects how i see them being in 5 years and further from that. Barkov is raw skater and has very big frame but his skating is improved alot. Now he basically needs lower body strength. It would be different if he was bad skater technique-wise because it's hard to change the skating if you have skated like that for whole young career.

TSN uses real NHL scouts and i referred chief scout of oilers, referred Button who have been evaluating prospects for ages, i referred Jarmo Kekäläinen who is probably one of the best talent evaluators in hockey right now. I agree that biggest thing that Barkov has to work with is his skating because he doesen't have many flaws. But calling him bad skater is sign of not knowing hockey skating(only sees speed and has tunnel vision in talent evaluating, doesen't develope anymore etc.) the thing what NHL-clubs are looking for is how good skater Barkov will be in the future and potential of his skating.

Using stats as arguments to decide NHL-readiness? Bob MacKenzie polls REAL NHL-SCOUTS in his rankings and Bob MacKenzie stated that the scouts like his NHL-ready game(TSN-midterm rankings, you'll find the clip from tsn website), Craig Button clearly has stated several time that Barkov is NHL-ready. Barkov has the size to do it, his great positioning hides his undeveloped skating at many situations, he might not be ready in big role but playing in 3rd line getting used to game, play PK and like that. Barkov isn't just offensive player he could help is team in many ways. That's why i think that he is NHL-ready. He is physically a manchild but most of the people forgets that mentally he is as mature. The play without the puck is huge boost in his chances.

I think that you lost you're credibility when stating that Barkov gonna always be poor skater his speed is always going to be below average. He isn't NHL-ready because of 0.9PPG in the FEL(i laughed hard at this)

I never has stated that Barkov is best player ever or is going to be. I've always stated that he is most promising 17 year old i've ever seen in Finland. Of course i'm arguing against when someone says that he is poor skater and never gonna be fast skater without any true base on it. I just showed some clips to you to prove that his skating technique, glide is effortless and beautiful. Speedwise he wasn't that bad as people says right here. I've seen Barkov since he was 15 year old. In the past seasons i've seen almost all of his games.

Quote:
Yes, it is that clip. They are talking about his skating alot.

At 0.15. You just can see his beautiful glide, strides and skating. He moves very well for guy for that size and age. Speed wise it doesen't look bad even when he was gliding through the neutral zone.
There watch with you're own eyes. How is that poor skating? Tell me...

We all know that Barkov has one main working area and it is skating(mainly leg strength). I think that there is no one who disagrees but you're earlier statements and acting tough guy is waste of time.

Last edited by thomast: 03-23-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 05:26 AM
jarnov

Here's a fine example of Barkov's straight speed. It isn't a weakness at this point let alone after few years of training and people who argue otherwise are paying attention to how his skating appears and not noticing his relative speed to other players. First steps / exploviseness is major concern at this point but as has been stated countless times he's big 17 1/2 years old kid who just had a growth spurt.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Oan

Nice primary assist for Barkov, he is now ppg in playoffs

Old
03-23-2013, 10:51 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
Nice primary assist for Barkov, he is now ppg in playoffs
He had 2 assist in 2 games before this game. 2 periods left!

Old
03-23-2013, 11:27 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:

So you're basing your judgement on Barkov on a site that gathers stat information on players and a scouting service with no European contributors over actual scouts who rank Barkov as one of the best players in a draft said to have elite talent not seen for a long time?

Smart...

Not to mention that just because its a weakness, doesn't mean its something that's going to make him a bust or even that its a huge weakness.

Last edited by theIceWookie: 03-23-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 11:42 AM
IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnov View Post
Here's a fine example of Barkov's straight speed. It isn't a weakness at this point let alone after few years of training and people who argue otherwise are paying attention to how his skating appears and not noticing his relative speed to other players. First steps / exploviseness is major concern at this point but as has been stated countless times he's big 17 1/2 years old kid who just had a growth spurt.
This is just awesome Barkov video.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
thomast

Tappara lost the game 4 today but still leads the series 3-1. Barkov had 22.22 TOI and had 1 assist. He has currently scored most points in the series. Pretty nice for 17 year old stepping up at the playoffs and arguably being series MVP at this point. At this rate he will have pretty good or better chances/chance on WHC team for Finland.

Closed Thread