HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Danny DeKeyser thread of magical mystery

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 05:29 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
It'd be pretty nice to have another good prospect in the system...And even nicer if they stick it to Detroit in the process.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:36 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Dont count TB out just because they signed Sustr. They had an inside track with him because of him being in their prospect camp last year (the same as the Pens).

They also have an inside track to Dekeyser. Witkowski was his D partner for basically his entire career. Witkowski is TB property. You know he is probably in his ear about signing with TB.

Should be interesting to see if TB can pull off both signings.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:42 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
It'd be pretty nice to have another good prospect in the system...And even nicer if they stick it to Detroit in the process.
Preach it brother! Send Al MacInnis in a camper outside his house. If Stevie Y comes by have some pucks lined up on the sidewalk for Al to shoot at him...ha ha

Old
03-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealisticSniper View Post
Dont count TB out just because they signed Sustr. They had an inside track with him because of him being in their prospect camp last year (the same as the Pens).

They also have an inside track to Dekeyser. Witkowski was his D partner for basically his entire career. Witkowski is TB property. You know he is probably in his ear about signing with TB.

Very well could happen that Tampa Bay could get both Sustr and DeKeyser though word had been that Sustr had planned on signing with Tampa Bay and that DeKeyser would sign with Detroit but we shall see.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:47 PM
XO

vCash: 50
I'll be so disappointed if he does not sign with Red Wings.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:50 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Very well could happen that Tampa Bay could get both Sustr and DeKeyser though word had been that Sustr had planned on signing with Tampa Bay and that DeKeyser would sign with Detroit but we shall see.
I feel the Wings are the favorite but TB is very very close. And honestly, thats probably about it. One or the other IMO.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:23 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Wings
TB

anyone else

Old
03-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
I feel the Wings are the favorite but TB is very very close. And honestly, thats probably about it. One or the other IMO.
I'm hoping it's the Wings, but I'm not sure how any Detroit-area kid could really say no to Stevie Y. The guy is a demigod around here.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Agree

Old
03-21-2013, 06:39 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Meditation View Post
I'm hoping it's the Wings, but I'm not sure how any Detroit-area kid could really say no to Stevie Y. The guy is a demigod around here.
This Is very true Stevie Y can be very appealing at times.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Wings
TB

anyone else
Yep that's how I see It also.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

Quote:
Where will he sign? He is expected to begin fielding offers on Sunday (provided Western Michigan does not make the NCAA tournament, which they likely will not as they lost in the CCHA tournament). What team is the best fit? Which is closest to his heart? Which is closest to his pocketbook?

Let the speculation begin.
As long as he doesnt sign with my team I will be happy. DD is not a NHL player

Old
03-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Frozen Fiend
DOUBLE D

I like how this is a thread of magical mystery. Describes Double D pretty well.

I've seen him play about 20 times. He's solid like a rock. He's done very well against some great hockey programs over the past few years. I'm not sure if it will translate to the NHL but I hope to god it does. He might just need a couple years in the AHL..... Grand Rapids maybe? He would be under his old coach Blashill and it's only 45 minutes away from all his Western friends.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:52 PM
diehardbluesfan

I will laugh when he doesn't sign with Detroit.

Hopefully we sign this kid. I don't know much about him, but it sounds like he's not to shabby and would fit perfect for what the Blues are looking for on defense.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Det seems to be front runner.

Detroit is he's favorite team, from Michigan and been on Wings prospect camp.

He's played under Jeff Blashill, Wings minor affiliate head coach.

He's played as a kid with Jim Nill's son. Nill is Wings assistant GM.

He'll look so great on winged wheel next to Suter.
We didn't sign Suter, remember?

Old
03-21-2013, 10:26 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Same here especially being a former Detroiter now living in the Tampa Bay Area I'm happy for now that Steve Yzerman Is the General Manager here, And I'm not sure yet the deal on DeKeyser with Yzerman being a former Red Wing I could still see him going after DeKeyser you can never have enough Dman within your organization so we shall see though I still see DeKeyser signing with Detroit.
I can promise you hes going after him, its just a matter of what the kid wants to do. Sustr I think will get some AHL time, DD could go right in the lineup and fill a HUGE need.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Sustr just landed In Tampa Bay on a 2 year Entry level deal, Nice one for the Bolts and they cant rule out possibly getting DeKeyser as well though I hope he goes to Detroit.
Not sure how much this will effect his decision. Still heavy lean to Detroit makes sense

Old
03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:

And Detroit does'nt have an Inside track with DeKeyser since Red Wing Assistant General Manager Jim Nill Is a family friend of DeKeyser he played Hockey with Jim Nills son plus always dreamed about being a Red Wing and playing In front of his family. Hey If DeKeyser does'nt pick Detroit I hope it Is Tampa Bay there both my favorite teams

Old
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Quote:
Hi this is Steve Yzerman calling and I;m asking you to join my team .... click, boards plane

Old
03-21-2013, 10:46 PM
IdealisticSniper

Quote:
And Detroit does'nt have an Inside track with DeKeyser since Red Wing Assistant General Manager Jim Nill Is a family friend of DeKeyser he played Hockey with Jim Nills son plus always dreamed about being a Red Wing and playing In front of his family. Hey If DeKeyser does'nt pick Detroit I hope it Is Tampa Bay there both my favorite teams
Notice I said "an" inside track and not "the" inside track.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:50 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
We didn't sign Suter, remember?
Yes, it was sarcasm.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:10 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Yes, it was sarcasm.
That was some deeply-hidden sarcasm though...

I'm pretty sure DeKeyser signs with Detroit, especially now after Sustr went to Tampa.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear the Flash

vCash: 3073
I think Tampa could have a better chance now with realignment.

While I am sure he is very tempted by the chance to play in the hometown, with Tampa in the same division as Detroit he would still get a fair amount of chances to play in the hometown arena every year while getting to play for Tampa and the benefits that come along with that.

as mentioned in the Sustr thread:
Quote:
Weather
Best AHL franchise on and off the ice
One of the best NHL franchises off the ice
Lack of taxes
As well as Tampa already owning the rights to Witkowski who was his D partner, and Yzerman has made it known recently he wants Witkowski signed soon too.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

signs with Detroit on Sunday and will be reassigned to GR immediately afterwards for at least the next 18 months

no way any NHL team should sign an undrafted college player and immediately give them a starting spot on their roster

Old
03-22-2013, 09:10 AM
loLZokAY
str8 gonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
signs with Detroit on Sunday and will be reassigned to GR immediately afterwards for at least the next 18 months

no way any NHL team should sign an undrafted college player and immediately give them a starting spot on their roster
NCAA players usually are the exception to this rule. Not the majority, but certainly it's possible for them to come out of their programs straight into NHL ice-time. When coming out of the NCAA players are usually more older than their junior player counter-parts. They have matured more which leads them to a decent trajectory of development. Danny DeKeyser is known to be a NHL-ready defensemen, or damn near borderline that. Sustr was said to need a year or two of development, but Danny D has always been known as the more developed of the two, slated to start within the NHL.

Hopefully he signs with Detroit, but Yzerman puts on one hell of a show. I said this in the Sustr thread; Yzerman almost got Damien Brunner. It came down to two locations with Brunner, TB and Detroit. He said Yzerman put on the best show and meeting he's ever seen and it was incredibly hard to say no to Yzerman but he felt that Yzerman couldn't look poorly on him for picking the franchise with tradition and the team that HE used to play for.

Tampa Bay is a new free agent hot spot. You got Yzerman. The guy is a legend within the hockey community, one of the smoothest talkers, and he has the prestige aura around him. You just want to listen to him when he speaks, and want to be apart of what he's doing.

Since Tampa got Sustr, it would only be right to allow us to get DeKeyser I can't go through with another 2 top free agent droppage by Kenny Holland; Parise and Suter were enough last season. My heart would drop so hard if we missed out on Sustr AND DeKeyser when we desperately need one of their skillsets on the backend.

Closed Thread