HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
  #551
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,851
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Well Regehr is such a great player this year.

It worked out to be pretty fair.
Nah we still gave up a 2nd for Byron. Still a bad trade.

InfinityIggy is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
  #552
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Hawks? No Crawford has been playing better than Kipper this year,
There isn't a professional in the hockey world that would consider Crawford an upgrade over Kipper (despite this season's play). Kipper's past accomplishments, his big save and stealing game ability, all far surpass anything that Crawford is capable of. The fact that Emery has started in 14 games this year should be telling in itself, the Hawks success is a product of great team effort, not Crawford.

Quote:
Wings? No goaltending isn't there problem nor are they Kipper away from being a contender.
The Wings are my dark horse pick to land Lou. Call it a hunch. But they have been known to bring in vet goalies in the past and have success with them. But no, they don't need Kipper however I feel there could be interest there.

Quote:
Blues? Maybe but not at the price you said they have Allen who has been holding the fort until Halak finds his game doubt they give up on him after a 11 bad games not to mention Kipper isn't that big of an upgrade.
That's just it, Halak hasn't found his game. The Blues are contending now so they would be interested in Kipper due to that he is not signed beyond next season.

Quote:
Bolts? No they got Lindback knowing he was a project and the playoffs are probably out of reach anyway.
Lindback lol? He's been brutal this year. The Bolts have a playoff lineup and he's the reason they have been struggling. He is a project, and if Kipper would play next season that move makes a ton of sense.

Quote:
WSH? No playoffs are out of reach and Holtby has been fine since week 3.
Almost exact same situation as the Bolts. Holtby is gonna be a stud, but Washington could win now and Holtby has been struggling. If Kipper is gonna play next year, I think they would have an extreme amount of interest.

Quote:
Leafs? Highly doubtful outside of Kadri the goaltenders are the reason for their success and Kipper isn't an upgrade.
You are talking about the same Leafs that just snapped a 5 game losing streak? The Leafs are desperate to make the playoffs and don't want a repeat of last year. Again, no one in their right mind would consider Reimer or Scrivens an upgrade over Kipper.

I guess the difference between me and you is that I don't consider Kipper's struggles this year as that he is no longer a top tier goalie. Kipper is a world class goalie and everyone knows that.

Johnny Hoxville is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 01:47 PM
  #553
SaintMorose
Registered User
 
SaintMorose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 134
If Iggy doesnt go to Pitts what would be the chances of them trading Harrington for Stempniak straight up and how do other Calgary fans feel about that swap?

SaintMorose is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
  #554
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
There isn't a professional in the hockey world that would consider Crawford an upgrade over Kipper (despite this season's play). Kipper's past accomplishments, his big save and stealing game ability, all far surpass anything that Crawford is capable of. The fact that Emery has started in 14 games this year should be telling in itself, the Hawks success is a product of great team effort, not Crawford.

This year Crawford has been a top goalie he has been amazing, Kipper might be an upgrade up not worth the 1st + propsect + the increase cap.

The Wings are my dark horse pick to land Lou. Call it a hunch. But they have been known to bring in vet goalies in the past and have success with them. But no, they don't need Kipper however I feel there could be interest there.

It just doesn't make any sense.

That's just it, Halak hasn't found his game. The Blues are contending now so they would be interested in Kipper due to that he is not signed beyond next season.

Sure his 11 games have been bad but they would most likely look for cheaper options like Bishop as they have several big RFA to sign and Kipper's play this year is not an upgrade on Halak. How can you say Kipper's season has been bad but he still has the skill and turn around and say Halak has had a bad start and they can't trust his skill.

Lindback lol? He's been brutal this year. The Bolts have a playoff lineup and he's the reason they have been struggling. He is a project, and if Kipper would play next season that move makes a ton of sense.

How can you say Lindback has been brutal he has been better than Kipper. They are to far back to make a run now no way they give up more than a 2nd for Kipper.

Almost exact same situation as the Bolts. Holtby is gonna be a stud, but Washington could win now and Holtby has been struggling. If Kipper is gonna play next year, I think they would have an extreme amount of interest.

Again Holtby has been better than Kipper how does getting Kipper for a 1st solve anything?

You are talking about the same Leafs that just snapped a 5 game losing streak? The Leafs are desperate to make the playoffs and don't want a repeat of last year. Again, no one in their right mind would consider Reimer or Scrivens an upgrade over Kipper.

Again goaltending has literally been the best part of TO, I would take Reimer over Kipper in a second, this isn't 06 Kipper he isn't the same guy.

I guess the difference between me and you is that I don't consider Kipper's struggles this year as that he is no longer a top tier goalie. Kipper is a world class goalie and everyone knows that.

The difference between you and me is you still see the Vezina winning goalie I see a guy who looks shaky and unsure of his position. He bites on almost every fake, he seems to constantly over commit, and unlike past years he is letting in weak goals consistently. This isn't the elite Kipper, that isn't to say he couldn't find his form but in no way is this current Kipper elite or worth a 1st. The fact that most people would not call him top tier means most see what I see and not what you see.
I am not trying to be a dick, I just don't think you are looking at it objectively, we are past the half way point of the season and Kipper has been one of the worse goalies in the league he doesn't hold a lot of value right now, no one cares what he did several years ago.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 01:56 PM
  #555
JurassicTunga
Registered User
 
JurassicTunga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,159
vCash: 500
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 1m
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade

JurassicTunga is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
  #556
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 1m
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade …
Regardless of what he says, I still believe they consider it IF there is absolutely no progress in a new contract.

Flames92 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:21 PM
  #557
Calculon
unholy acting talent
 
Calculon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,251
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 1m
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade …
Of course they do.

Calculon is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 03:49 PM
  #558
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,851
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 1m
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade …
Interesting, and if true that is what I had hoped for with Iginla.

Don't really want them to move Bouw unless we get something awesome.

InfinityIggy is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
  #559
slappipappi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
There isn't a professional in the hockey world that would consider Crawford an upgrade over Kipper (despite this season's play). Kipper's past accomplishments, his big save and stealing game ability, all far surpass anything that Crawford is capable of. The fact that Emery has started in 14 games this year should be telling in itself, the Hawks success is a product of great team effort, not Crawford.


Crawford has played more games than Kipper. And before you say it's becuase Kipper was injured, so was Crawford.

Chicago is not going to empty it's propsect pools to get Kipper, when his cap hit will handicap them next year.

Especially when Kipper has plyed poorly this year.

The Hawks won 3 years ago because of a team effort. Why would you think they believe an upgrade in goalie is required now? Especially at the cost of losing players next year.

The Hawks obvioulsy thought they were wiling to ride with Crawford this year. Now that he has rewarded them, you think they'll dump him now?

The past is past. This year's playoffs are being played in the present.

You can argue all you want about who is better right now. Let's assume that Kipper is a a marginal upgrade. The Hawks are not going to strap themselves to trade for Kipper today.

slappipappi is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
  #560
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,134
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Chicago is not going to empty it's propsect pools to get Kipper, when his cap hit will handicap them next year.
Agree with everything else, but just want to clear one thing up.

A compliance buyout can be used on Kipper prior to the start of next season. It will cost the team that buys him out $1.5 million, and will not count against the cap.

Stewie Griffin is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
  #561
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,442
vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
If Iggy doesnt go to Pitts what would be the chances of them trading Harrington for Stempniak straight up and how do other Calgary fans feel about that swap?
Thats a huge win for Calgary. Pittsburgh wouldn't make that deal. 2nd + 4th would land Stemp. Even a 1st is an overpayment.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:46 PM
  #562
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,442
vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 1m
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade …
I just hope we target quality young NHL ready players, instead of quantity. I'd hate to have another Phaneuf 2.0 kinda deal go down.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:52 PM
  #563
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Definitely interested in Bouwmeester from Toronto. Any interest in Grabovski+Colborne+pick?

Bernier the Boats is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
  #564
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,442
vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Definitely interested in Bouwmeester from Toronto. Any interest in Grabovski+Colborne+pick?
Not really. If we're trading Jay we want young assets back. Plus, I hope Calgary starts building the team towards a certain identity... (Boston/LA style would be great). Colborne holds little value, and I'm not sure what you mean by "pick?" 1st - 7th?


JayBow @ 5million.

for

Frattin + Franson + 1st 2013

Even that might not be good enough.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:02 PM
  #565
DBU
Bars for Eons
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,155
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Not really. If we're trading Jay we want young assets back. Plus, I hope Calgary starts building the team towards a certain identity... (Boston/LA style would be great). Colborne holds little value, and I'm not sure what you mean by "pick?" 1st - 7th?


JayBow @ 5million.

for

Frattin + Franson + 1st 2013

Even that might not be good enough.
That's asking a little much, don't you think?

DBU is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:17 PM
  #566
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
RIP Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 500
Peverly scratched tonight... Provably just a coincidence buuuut


Last edited by RIP Chris Butler: 03-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.
RIP Chris Butler is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:29 PM
  #567
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I am not trying to be a dick, I just don't think you are looking at it objectively, we are past the half way point of the season and Kipper has been one of the worse goalies in the league he doesn't hold a lot of value right now, no one cares what he did several years ago.
Kipper IMO is worth a 1st or a really good prospect all day. I'm not talking about 06' Kipper, I'm talking about the Kipper of last season where the only reason he didn't get a Vezina nomination was because of wins. Im talking the sole reason we didn't get a lotto pick just last season. I can't believe how easily people forget things from just a year ago. A goalie like a Kipper does not lose that skill in one season.

Kipper has had struggles this season, and he's had them in the past. He's renound for his resiliency and his ability to bounce back. Kipper has the ability to steal games and make saves he has no business making and he's played that way at times this season. I don't know what a GM will pay and neither do you, but I think most GMs in the NHL have the sense to acknowledge Kippers all world skill. If a GM feels that Kipper will give them the edge they need, then they will part with the appropriate assets. And the only reason I brought up those teams, is because I don't feel the goalie market is as dry as you do.

Anyways, you have your views and I have mine and they won't change either. I respect your opinion I just don't agree with it here.

Johnny Hoxville is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
  #568
Flames92
Registered User
 
Flames92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Kipper IMO is worth a 1st or a really good prospect all day. I'm not talking about 06' Kipper, I'm talking about the Kipper of last season where the only reason he didn't get a Vezina nomination was because of wins. Im talking the sole reason we didn't get a lotto pick just last season. I can't believe how easily people forget things from just a year ago. A goalie like a Kipper does not lose that skill in one season.

Kipper has had struggles this season, and he's had them in the past. He's renound for his resiliency and his ability to bounce back. Kipper has the ability to steal games and make saves he has no business making and he's played that way at times this season. I don't know what a GM will pay and neither do you, but I think most GMs in the NHL have the sense to acknowledge Kippers all world skill. If a GM feels that Kipper will give them the edge they need, then they will part with the appropriate assets. And the only reason I brought up those teams, is because I don't feel the goalie market is as dry as you do.

Anyways, you have your views and I have mine and they won't change either. I respect your opinion I just don't agree with it here.
While I agree that Kipper is worth a 1st, it will be hard to get this season as there is not much of a goalie market. Its obvious he's struggling this year but he is better than his stats tell us and we've seen that at times this year.

Flames92 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  #569
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
While I agree that Kipper is worth a 1st, it will be hard to get this season as there is not much of a goalie market. Its obvious he's struggling this year but he is better than his stats tell us and we've seen that at times this year.
Fact is nobody is going to trade 1sts this year, unless its for Iginla. This isn't last years draft where Gaustad fetches a first.

Bernier the Boats is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
  #570
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Fact is nobody is going to trade 1sts this year, unless its for Iginla. This isn't last years draft where Gaustad fetches a first.
Not true, Jbo, Cammy, Gio, Tangs, Glencross could all fetch firsts.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
  #571
slappipappi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Kipper IMO is worth a 1st or a really good prospect all day. I'm not talking about 06' Kipper, I'm talking about the Kipper of last season
I guess it's too bad we didn't trade him last year.

The 2013 Kipper hasn't been very good. And that's what would be traded.

slappipappi is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
  #572
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke
 
Bernier the Boats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,571
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Not true, Jbo, Cammy, Gio, Tangs, Glencross could all fetch firsts.
Maybe, but I doubt it this year tbh.

Bernier the Boats is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
  #573
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man
 
RIP Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Maybe, but I doubt it this year tbh.
They've actually all had decent years so far. It's Kipper thats had his value drop substantially

RIP Chris Butler is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:18 PM
  #574
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,909
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Maybe, but I doubt it this year tbh.
I don't all are 1st line players or top 2 defenseman with almost no one selling.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM
  #575
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,593
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
I guess it's too bad we didn't trade him last year.

The 2013 Kipper hasn't been very good. And that's what would be traded.
I think the value is somewhere in the middle. And the 2013 Miller has been every bit as bad and a complete ass. Lou has a terrible contract and Bernier is somewhat of an unknown. I think there would be a decent market for Kipper.

Just another proposal, what do you think about Kipper for Ashton and a 2nd from TO?

Johnny Hoxville is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.