Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Well Regehr is such a great player this year.

It worked out to be pretty fair.
Nah we still gave up a 2nd for Byron. Still a bad trade.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

vCash: 50
Quote:
Hawks? No Crawford has been playing better than Kipper this year,
There isn't a professional in the hockey world that would consider Crawford an upgrade over Kipper (despite this season's play). Kipper's past accomplishments, his big save and stealing game ability, all far surpass anything that Crawford is capable of. The fact that Emery has started in 14 games this year should be telling in itself, the Hawks success is a product of great team effort, not Crawford.

Quote:
Wings? No goaltending isn't there problem nor are they Kipper away from being a contender.
The Wings are my dark horse pick to land Lou. Call it a hunch. But they have been known to bring in vet goalies in the past and have success with them. But no, they don't need Kipper however I feel there could be interest there.

Quote:
Blues? Maybe but not at the price you said they have Allen who has been holding the fort until Halak finds his game doubt they give up on him after a 11 bad games not to mention Kipper isn't that big of an upgrade.
That's just it, Halak hasn't found his game. The Blues are contending now so they would be interested in Kipper due to that he is not signed beyond next season.

Quote:
Bolts? No they got Lindback knowing he was a project and the playoffs are probably out of reach anyway.
Lindback lol? He's been brutal this year. The Bolts have a playoff lineup and he's the reason they have been struggling. He is a project, and if Kipper would play next season that move makes a ton of sense.

Quote:
WSH? No playoffs are out of reach and Holtby has been fine since week 3.
Almost exact same situation as the Bolts. Holtby is gonna be a stud, but Washington could win now and Holtby has been struggling. If Kipper is gonna play next year, I think they would have an extreme amount of interest.

Quote:
Leafs? Highly doubtful outside of Kadri the goaltenders are the reason for their success and Kipper isn't an upgrade.
You are talking about the same Leafs that just snapped a 5 game losing streak? The Leafs are desperate to make the playoffs and don't want a repeat of last year. Again, no one in their right mind would consider Reimer or Scrivens an upgrade over Kipper.

I guess the difference between me and you is that I don't consider Kipper's struggles this year as that he is no longer a top tier goalie. Kipper is a world class goalie and everyone knows that.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:47 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 134
If Iggy doesnt go to Pitts what would be the chances of them trading Harrington for Stempniak straight up and how do other Calgary fans feel about that swap?

Old
03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
There isn't a professional in the hockey world that would consider Crawford an upgrade over Kipper (despite this season's play). Kipper's past accomplishments, his big save and stealing game ability, all far surpass anything that Crawford is capable of. The fact that Emery has started in 14 games this year should be telling in itself, the Hawks success is a product of great team effort, not Crawford.

This year Crawford has been a top goalie he has been amazing, Kipper might be an upgrade up not worth the 1st + propsect + the increase cap.

The Wings are my dark horse pick to land Lou. Call it a hunch. But they have been known to bring in vet goalies in the past and have success with them. But no, they don't need Kipper however I feel there could be interest there.

It just doesn't make any sense.

That's just it, Halak hasn't found his game. The Blues are contending now so they would be interested in Kipper due to that he is not signed beyond next season.

Sure his 11 games have been bad but they would most likely look for cheaper options like Bishop as they have several big RFA to sign and Kipper's play this year is not an upgrade on Halak. How can you say Kipper's season has been bad but he still has the skill and turn around and say Halak has had a bad start and they can't trust his skill.

Lindback lol? He's been brutal this year. The Bolts have a playoff lineup and he's the reason they have been struggling. He is a project, and if Kipper would play next season that move makes a ton of sense.

How can you say Lindback has been brutal he has been better than Kipper. They are to far back to make a run now no way they give up more than a 2nd for Kipper.

Almost exact same situation as the Bolts. Holtby is gonna be a stud, but Washington could win now and Holtby has been struggling. If Kipper is gonna play next year, I think they would have an extreme amount of interest.

Again Holtby has been better than Kipper how does getting Kipper for a 1st solve anything?

You are talking about the same Leafs that just snapped a 5 game losing streak? The Leafs are desperate to make the playoffs and don't want a repeat of last year. Again, no one in their right mind would consider Reimer or Scrivens an upgrade over Kipper.

Again goaltending has literally been the best part of TO, I would take Reimer over Kipper in a second, this isn't 06 Kipper he isn't the same guy.

I guess the difference between me and you is that I don't consider Kipper's struggles this year as that he is no longer a top tier goalie. Kipper is a world class goalie and everyone knows that.

The difference between you and me is you still see the Vezina winning goalie I see a guy who looks shaky and unsure of his position. He bites on almost every fake, he seems to constantly over commit, and unlike past years he is letting in weak goals consistently. This isn't the elite Kipper, that isn't to say he couldn't find his form but in no way is this current Kipper elite or worth a 1st. The fact that most people would not call him top tier means most see what I see and not what you see.
I am not trying to be a dick, I just don't think you are looking at it objectively, we are past the half way point of the season and Kipper has been one of the worse goalies in the league he doesn't hold a lot of value right now, no one cares what he did several years ago.

Old
03-21-2013, 01:56 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 500
Andy Strickland ‏@andystrickland 1m
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade

Old
03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade …
Regardless of what he says, I still believe they consider it IF there is absolutely no progress in a new contract.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
#Flames Owners won't force Iginla trade...Calgary wants young NHL ready players in return for Bouwmeester #NHL http://www.truehockey.com/articles/F...g-Iginla-Trade …
Of course they do.

Old
03-21-2013, 03:49 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Interesting, and if true that is what I had hoped for with Iginla.

Don't really want them to move Bouw unless we get something awesome.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:22 PM
slappipappi

Quote:

Crawford has played more games than Kipper. And before you say it's becuase Kipper was injured, so was Crawford.

Chicago is not going to empty it's propsect pools to get Kipper, when his cap hit will handicap them next year.

Especially when Kipper has plyed poorly this year.

The Hawks won 3 years ago because of a team effort. Why would you think they believe an upgrade in goalie is required now? Especially at the cost of losing players next year.

The Hawks obvioulsy thought they were wiling to ride with Crawford this year. Now that he has rewarded them, you think they'll dump him now?

The past is past. This year's playoffs are being played in the present.

You can argue all you want about who is better right now. Let's assume that Kipper is a a marginal upgrade. The Hawks are not going to strap themselves to trade for Kipper today.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Chicago is not going to empty it's propsect pools to get Kipper, when his cap hit will handicap them next year.
Agree with everything else, but just want to clear one thing up.

A compliance buyout can be used on Kipper prior to the start of next season. It will cost the team that buys him out $1.5 million, and will not count against the cap.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintAnton View Post
If Iggy doesnt go to Pitts what would be the chances of them trading Harrington for Stempniak straight up and how do other Calgary fans feel about that swap?
Thats a huge win for Calgary. Pittsburgh wouldn't make that deal. 2nd + 4th would land Stemp. Even a 1st is an overpayment.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
I just hope we target quality young NHL ready players, instead of quantity. I'd hate to have another Phaneuf 2.0 kinda deal go down.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:52 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Definitely interested in Bouwmeester from Toronto. Any interest in Grabovski+Colborne+pick?

Old
03-21-2013, 08:01 PM
Money Baer
COYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Definitely interested in Bouwmeester from Toronto. Any interest in Grabovski+Colborne+pick?
Not really. If we're trading Jay we want young assets back. Plus, I hope Calgary starts building the team towards a certain identity... (Boston/LA style would be great). Colborne holds little value, and I'm not sure what you mean by "pick?" 1st - 7th?

JayBow @ 5million.

for

Frattin + Franson + 1st 2013

Even that might not be good enough.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:02 PM
DBU
Bars for Eons

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Not really. If we're trading Jay we want young assets back. Plus, I hope Calgary starts building the team towards a certain identity... (Boston/LA style would be great). Colborne holds little value, and I'm not sure what you mean by "pick?" 1st - 7th?

JayBow @ 5million.

for

Frattin + Franson + 1st 2013

Even that might not be good enough.
That's asking a little much, don't you think?

Old
03-21-2013, 08:17 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Peverly scratched tonight... Provably just a coincidence buuuut

Last edited by RIP Chris Butler: 03-21-2013 at 08:28 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I am not trying to be a dick, I just don't think you are looking at it objectively, we are past the half way point of the season and Kipper has been one of the worse goalies in the league he doesn't hold a lot of value right now, no one cares what he did several years ago.
Kipper IMO is worth a 1st or a really good prospect all day. I'm not talking about 06' Kipper, I'm talking about the Kipper of last season where the only reason he didn't get a Vezina nomination was because of wins. Im talking the sole reason we didn't get a lotto pick just last season. I can't believe how easily people forget things from just a year ago. A goalie like a Kipper does not lose that skill in one season.

Kipper has had struggles this season, and he's had them in the past. He's renound for his resiliency and his ability to bounce back. Kipper has the ability to steal games and make saves he has no business making and he's played that way at times this season. I don't know what a GM will pay and neither do you, but I think most GMs in the NHL have the sense to acknowledge Kippers all world skill. If a GM feels that Kipper will give them the edge they need, then they will part with the appropriate assets. And the only reason I brought up those teams, is because I don't feel the goalie market is as dry as you do.

Anyways, you have your views and I have mine and they won't change either. I respect your opinion I just don't agree with it here.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:51 PM
Flames92

Quote:
Kipper IMO is worth a 1st or a really good prospect all day. I'm not talking about 06' Kipper, I'm talking about the Kipper of last season where the only reason he didn't get a Vezina nomination was because of wins. Im talking the sole reason we didn't get a lotto pick just last season. I can't believe how easily people forget things from just a year ago. A goalie like a Kipper does not lose that skill in one season.

Kipper has had struggles this season, and he's had them in the past. He's renound for his resiliency and his ability to bounce back. Kipper has the ability to steal games and make saves he has no business making and he's played that way at times this season. I don't know what a GM will pay and neither do you, but I think most GMs in the NHL have the sense to acknowledge Kippers all world skill. If a GM feels that Kipper will give them the edge they need, then they will part with the appropriate assets. And the only reason I brought up those teams, is because I don't feel the goalie market is as dry as you do.

Anyways, you have your views and I have mine and they won't change either. I respect your opinion I just don't agree with it here.
While I agree that Kipper is worth a 1st, it will be hard to get this season as there is not much of a goalie market. Its obvious he's struggling this year but he is better than his stats tell us and we've seen that at times this year.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
While I agree that Kipper is worth a 1st, it will be hard to get this season as there is not much of a goalie market. Its obvious he's struggling this year but he is better than his stats tell us and we've seen that at times this year.
Fact is nobody is going to trade 1sts this year, unless its for Iginla. This isn't last years draft where Gaustad fetches a first.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Fact is nobody is going to trade 1sts this year, unless its for Iginla. This isn't last years draft where Gaustad fetches a first.
Not true, Jbo, Cammy, Gio, Tangs, Glencross could all fetch firsts.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Kipper IMO is worth a 1st or a really good prospect all day. I'm not talking about 06' Kipper, I'm talking about the Kipper of last season
I guess it's too bad we didn't trade him last year.

The 2013 Kipper hasn't been very good. And that's what would be traded.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Not true, Jbo, Cammy, Gio, Tangs, Glencross could all fetch firsts.
Maybe, but I doubt it this year tbh.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
They've actually all had decent years so far. It's Kipper thats had his value drop substantially

Old
03-21-2013, 10:18 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
I don't all are 1st line players or top 2 defenseman with almost no one selling.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Dust Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
I guess it's too bad we didn't trade him last year.

The 2013 Kipper hasn't been very good. And that's what would be traded.
I think the value is somewhere in the middle. And the 2013 Miller has been every bit as bad and a complete ass. Lou has a terrible contract and Bernier is somewhat of an unknown. I think there would be a decent market for Kipper.

Just another proposal, what do you think about Kipper for Ashton and a 2nd from TO?

Closed Thread