HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Drew Doughty's Comments on Phoenix/Vancouver (mod warning #185)

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Hatter
All about the Bob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I'm taking two objective people's opinions or rather people who view Doughty positively. I understand why you want to defend Doughty but it's not like I'm saying that Doughty is not an elite defenceman. I believe my views will also be shared in the Norris voting by people who presumably also are objective. We'll see who is right.
So you admit to taking the words of a blogger instead of watching the videos yourself even though they have been posted for you?

Old
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
So you admit to taking the words of a blogger instead of watching the videos yourself even though they have been posted for you?
You guys are like religious fanatics when it comes to defending Doughty.
I took the word of a blogger and your head coach who both said he was playing poorly. He wa minus 10 after 10 games. Someone posted 10 videos and said there that proves that he was playing great. You guys are just way too sensitive about Doughty. You want me to find 'proof' that he was playing poorly. What would constitute proof to you?

Old
03-21-2013, 06:03 PM
Ceff Jarter
Registered Duster

Don't ya know guys. you're not allowed to talk bad about any kings players because they won the cup

Old
03-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I like Doughty he's one of if not my favorite D-Man. But honestly he has a weird hatred for Vancouver, even before last years playoff series he always had something against the 'Nucks. He's quite the hypocrite here.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:22 PM
L4cer8

Every team has players who whine and dive, there's no use wasting energy antagonizing any fanbase over that fact. Grow up, realize it is prevalent throughout the league, and move on.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:24 PM
thebigbea

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
How does a video of him getting a bad call in pivotal point in OT make him a whiner? I don't see any player that'd be calm about that.

And no players shouldn't be censored, it's not whining, it's being honest and speaking your mind. Matter of fact I wish players did it more often.
the problem is if a canuck player do that, ppl will call them whiners.. it's like a one way street..

Old
03-21-2013, 06:26 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDuck View Post
IMO every team is guilty of both if i could do away with 1 or the other i would do away with diving.
I agree. I'd like to see more diving penalties called.
If hockey ever turns into soccer I don't think I could bear to watch it anymore.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
How does a video of him getting a bad call in pivotal point in OT make him a whiner? I don't see any player that'd be calm about that.

And no players shouldn't be censored, it's not whining, it's being honest and speaking your mind. Matter of fact I wish players did it more often.
Are you kidding me? If that isn't whining I don't know what is. Wow how could you even defend such an act. If that's Burrows or Kesler, you'd be through the roof.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:29 PM
IDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I agree. I'd like to see more diving penalties called.
If hockey ever turns into soccer I don't think I could bear to watch it anymore.
exactly and i just see it as so direspectful to hockey,players,and ref's....and if diving is stoped, it would cut down on whining too

Old
03-21-2013, 06:49 PM
Smokey McCanucks

Man screw Doughty, he's a bigger whiner and a bigger diver than anybody on either Vancouver or Phoenix, it's just cause he plays in one of the league's special favourite markets nobody calls him out on it. Ever since he's been in the league he's played like an entitled little brat and I can't stand it. Somebody needs to really start talking up all the scuzzy stuff LA does, because they sure throw a lot of crap at other teams and do a lot of talking.

It's like they're trying to get out ahead of the thing and talk down other teams as a smokescreen to distract from all the lame, cheap, bogus stuff they do and have been getting away with for years, figuring like if they throw this stuff out there against other teams it covers for themselves. Well, it ain't fooling me! I am so on to these chumps.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:56 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I wouldn't want facts to get in the way though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
Man screw Doughty, he's a bigger whiner and a bigger diver than anybody on either Vancouver or Phoenix, it's just cause he plays in one of the league's special favourite markets nobody calls him out on it. Ever since he's been in the league he's played like an entitled little brat and I can't stand it. Somebody needs to really start talking up all the scuzzy stuff LA does, because they sure throw a lot of crap at other teams and do a lot of talking.

It's like they're trying to get out ahead of the thing and talk down other teams as a smokescreen to distract from all the lame, cheap, bogus stuff they do and have been getting away with for years, figuring like if they throw this stuff out there against other teams it covers for themselves. Well, it ain't fooling me! I am so on to these chumps.
They hardly do any talking.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Zombotron
WD-57

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Funny how when a player complains about a call he's a crybaby but when he's on your team he's pointed out the stupidity of the refs

I am enjoying this LA/VAN rivalry though. Makes way more sense than the VAN/TOR rivalry that seemed to be built on the Sundin trade.
The start of a great neo-Smythe Division rivarly.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
TLinden16
Horse

vCash: 1200

This thread is golden. 10 page pissing match over whose teams dive and whine more.

Let him say what he wants. He's geing outplayed by Slava Voynov, gotta let out some steam somewhere. The Canucks are just as guilty for the same type of whining.

Just shows the sad state of hockey.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:21 PM
Dominate Kesler

I like when people whine about whining.

He really needs to focus on improving his game instead of scouting other teams in the league.

I'm not really surprised his performance has declined ever since his sophomore year. I'd take the two defensemen drafted after him without thinking twice.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:23 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
Cool. This relates to Doughy's comments how?

You pulled the Doan incident out of your ass for no apparent reason.

Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm proving my point and you're telling me i'm pulling stuff out of my ass? Do you know how an argument works? I said there is diving and whining throughout the NHL these days and I posted those two details as EVIDENCE. Jesus Christ, you just can't state support for a side anymore.

Yes, I want Doughty to not whine (which he has fixed recently, compared to 2-3 years ago), I also want Brown to not dive but like I said, you won't find many (if at all) teams that will go far without a player like that.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post

There have been some weird and absurd claims in this thread...but the boldfaced takes the cake, I think

Care to elaborate?

Old
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Doughty is an idiot.

Old
kingpest19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominate Kesler View Post
I like when people whine about whining.

He really needs to focus on improving his game instead of scouting other teams in the league.

I'm not really surprised his performance has declined ever since his sophomore year. I'd take the two defensemen drafted after him without thinking twice.
Oh look another his performance has declined post. His game has improved but only watching the stat line doesnt show that.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Doughty is an idiot.
He's a smart player though. So, he's a smart idiot.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Okay ladies since apparently you can't play nice and be civilized, we're done.