HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Official 2014 NHL Mock Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 08:52 PM
  #1
americanscout09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Official 2014 NHL Mock Draft

These rankings and statistics are from March 20, 2013.

Official 2014 NHL Mock Draft – First Round

1. William Nylander – RW – 5’10
Sφdertδlje u20 – 27gp 15g 28a 43p

2. Aaron Ekblad – D – 6’3
Barrie Colts – 54gp 7g 27a 34p

3. Sam Reinhart – C – 5’11
Kootenay Ice – 53gp 27g 31a 58p

4. Roland McKeown – D – 6’1
Kingston Frontenacs – 61gp 7g 22a 29p

5. Leon Draisaitl – LW – 6’2
Princeton Albert Raiders – 44gp 11g 28a 39p

6. Jakub Vrana – RW – 6’0
Linkoping J20 – 32gp 20g 12a 32p

7. Anthony DeAngelo – D – 5’10
Sarnia Sting – 62gp 9g 49a 58p

8. Josh Hosang – C/RW – 5’11
Windsor Spitfires – 63gp 14g 30a 44p

9. Blake Clarke – LW – 6’2
Brampton Battalion – 68gp 19g 32a 51p

10. Jake Virtanen – C – 6’1
Calgary Hitmen – 50gp 12g 11a 23p

11. Michael Dal Colle – C – 6’2
Oshawa Generals – 63gp 15g 33a 48p

12. Jared McCann – C – 6’0
Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds – 64gp 21g 23a 44p

13. Brycen Martin – D – 6’3
Swift Current Broncos – 57gp 1g 16a 17p

14. Nick Schmaltz – C – 5’11
Green Bay Gamblers – 54gp 15g 28a 43p

15. Sam Bennett- LW – 6’0
Kingston Frontenacs – 60gp 18g 22a 40p

16. Nikolai Goldobin – RW – 5’11
Sarnia Sting – 68gp 30g 38a 68p

17. Sonny Milano – LW – 5’10
USNTDP u17 – 48gp 17g 24a 41p

18. Kasper Kapanen – LW – 5’10
Kalpa (SM-liiga) – 13gp 4g 0a 4p

19. Anton Karlsson – RW – 6’0
Frolunda J20 – 17gp 4g 4a 8p

20. Spencer Watson – LW – 5’10
Kingston Frontenacs – 63gp 23g 20a 43p

21. Oskar Lindblom – RW – 6’0
Brynas J18 – 11gp 11g 7a 18p

22. Chase De Leo – C – 5’7
Portland Winterhawks – 52gp 11g 24a 35p

23. Ivan Barbashev – LW – 6’0
Moncton Wildcats – 68gp 18g 44a 62p

24. Ivan Nikolishin – C – 5’8
CSKA-Krasnaja Armija Moskva (MHL) – 53gp 11g 12a 23p

25. Jack Glover – D – 6’3
USNTDP u17 – 48gp 6g 13a 19pts

26. Brayden Point – C – 5’10
Moose Jaw Warriors - 48gp 12g 24a 36p

27. Haydn Fleury – D – 6’3
Red Deer Rebels – 48gp 3g 12a 15p

28. Adrian Kempe – C – 6’1
MODO J20 – 39gp 6g 7a 13p

29. Ryan MacInnis – C – 6’3
USNTDP u17 - 48gp 15g 9a 24p

30. Robbie Fabbri – C - 5’10
Guelph Storm – 59gp 10g 23a 33p

americanscout09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:25 PM
  #2
couture23
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
 
couture23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,213
vCash: 500
Virtanen will have to have a really good year to rise his stock. Wasn't he supposed to have much better offensive numbers?

couture23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 10:51 PM
  #3
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,022
vCash: 500
For the first half of the year he was only getting 4th line minutes on a really good Calgary team. As the year went on he got more minutes, I dont have the stats but he had a really strong second half. I fully expect him to hover around a PPG and 30+ goals next year.

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:53 AM
  #4
arsmaster*
semantic romantic
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 25,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by couture23 View Post
Virtanen will have to have a really good year to rise his stock. Wasn't he supposed to have much better offensive numbers?
8 points in 30 games to start the year in a limited role. Earned ice time on a veteran team, and scored 26 in his last 32 games.

You can see the progression. In March he had 11 points in 9 games.

Next year I can see him scoring 30 goals.

arsmaster* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:03 AM
  #5
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 19,512
vCash: 500
It doesn't really matter where you put him as he's all over the ice but Nylander has played LW in the SEL2 and C in J20. With the Swedish U17 he was mostly flying on left wing aswell from what I saw.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:22 AM
  #6
Fozz
Registered User
 
Fozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 7,212
vCash: 500
I'm trying to figure out what makes this mock draft "official"...

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
  #7
AUAIOMRN
Registered User
 
AUAIOMRN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
I'm trying to figure out what makes this mock draft "official"...
Or even a mock. The topic title should be "Some guy's 2014 draft rankings".

AUAIOMRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 09:45 AM
  #8
euro35
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanscout09 View Post
These rankings and statistics are from March 20, 2013.

Official 2014 NHL Mock Draft – First Round

1. William Nylander – RW – 5’10
Sφdertδlje u20 – 27gp 15g 28a 43p

2. Aaron Ekblad – D – 6’3
Barrie Colts – 54gp 7g 27a 34p

3. Sam Reinhart – C – 5’11
Kootenay Ice – 53gp 27g 31a 58p

4. Roland McKeown – D – 6’1
Kingston Frontenacs – 61gp 7g 22a 29p

5. Leon Draisaitl – LW – 6’2
Princeton Albert Raiders – 44gp 11g 28a 39p

6. Jakub Vrana – RW – 6’0
Linkoping J20 – 32gp 20g 12a 32p

7. Anthony DeAngelo – D – 5’10
Sarnia Sting – 62gp 9g 49a 58p

8. Josh Hosang – C/RW – 5’11
Windsor Spitfires – 63gp 14g 30a 44p

9. Blake Clarke – LW – 6’2
Brampton Battalion – 68gp 19g 32a 51p

10. Jake Virtanen – C – 6’1
Calgary Hitmen – 50gp 12g 11a 23p

11. Michael Dal Colle – C – 6’2
Oshawa Generals – 63gp 15g 33a 48p

12. Jared McCann – C – 6’0
Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds – 64gp 21g 23a 44p

13. Brycen Martin – D – 6’3
Swift Current Broncos – 57gp 1g 16a 17p

14. Nick Schmaltz – C – 5’11
Green Bay Gamblers – 54gp 15g 28a 43p

15. Sam Bennett- LW – 6’0
Kingston Frontenacs – 60gp 18g 22a 40p

16. Nikolai Goldobin – RW – 5’11
Sarnia Sting – 68gp 30g 38a 68p

17. Sonny Milano – LW – 5’10
USNTDP u17 – 48gp 17g 24a 41p

18. Kasper Kapanen – LW – 5’10
Kalpa (SM-liiga) – 13gp 4g 0a 4p

19. Anton Karlsson – RW – 6’0
Frolunda J20 – 17gp 4g 4a 8p

20. Spencer Watson – LW – 5’10
Kingston Frontenacs – 63gp 23g 20a 43p

21. Oskar Lindblom – RW – 6’0
Brynas J18 – 11gp 11g 7a 18p

22. Chase De Leo – C – 5’7
Portland Winterhawks – 52gp 11g 24a 35p

23. Ivan Barbashev – LW – 6’0
Moncton Wildcats – 68gp 18g 44a 62p

24. Ivan Nikolishin – C – 5’8
CSKA-Krasnaja Armija Moskva (MHL) – 53gp 11g 12a 23p

25. Jack Glover – D – 6’3
USNTDP u17 – 48gp 6g 13a 19pts

26. Brayden Point – C – 5’10
Moose Jaw Warriors - 48gp 12g 24a 36p

27. Haydn Fleury – D – 6’3
Red Deer Rebels – 48gp 3g 12a 15p

28. Adrian Kempe – C – 6’1
MODO J20 – 39gp 6g 7a 13p

29. Ryan MacInnis – C – 6’3
USNTDP u17 - 48gp 15g 9a 24p

30. Robbie Fabbri – C - 5’10
Guelph Storm – 59gp 10g 23a 33p
Its hard to take this serious When you dont even have updated Stats from Whl
Driaisital ended with 21g 37 ast for 58 Pts Point ended 24g 33 ast 57 Pts
Virtanen ended with 16goals 18ast 34pts Sam Rienhart Had 80pts

euro35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 09:52 PM
  #9
Ranger2772
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
What about Llewellyn and Jammes? Both played limited minutes in limited games but when they got big minutes they had good numbers

Ranger2772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 10:51 PM
  #10
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26,551
vCash: 500
Surprised to see Ho-Sang fall so far. I remember him being talked about as one of the most dominant offensive players in the game.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 11:25 PM
  #11
FlareKnight
Registered User
 
FlareKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,864
vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUAIOMRN View Post
Or even a mock. The topic title should be "Some guy's 2014 draft rankings".
About the only two things accurate in that title was 2014.

Interesting enough rankings though.

FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 02:54 PM
  #12
joeyabs
RicoFata'sLoveChild
 
joeyabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: SoDoSoPa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,173
vCash: 641
Official + Mock = oxymoron

joeyabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2013, 06:32 PM
  #13
Murph5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
1-Ekblad
2-Reinhart
3-McKeown
4-Nylander
5-Goldobin
6-Ritchie
7-Clarke
8-Virtanen
9-Dal Colle
10-Draisaitl
11-Ho-Sang
12-DeAngelo
13-Barbashev
14-Bennett
15-Mistele
16-Watson
17-Fabbri
18-Middleton
19-Cornel
20-McCann
21-De Leo
22-Karlsson
23-Audette
24-Schmaltz
25-Glover
25-Robinson
26-Iverson
27-Vrana
28-Lindbolm
29-Kapanen
30-Martin
Next In Line
Milano
Point
Kemp
MacInnis


Last edited by Murph5: 06-02-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Murph5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-03-2013, 04:56 PM
  #14
McGlassbangers
Registered User
 
McGlassbangers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: McFinland
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,048
vCash: 97
It's unbelievable to see Nylander so high and Kapanen so down. What's the difference between those kids? Kapanen is a bit bigger, he has his fathers skating and blazing puck skills. He absolutely outplayed Nylander in U18 WJC's this year. Finnish factor?

McGlassbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-09-2013, 02:23 PM
  #15
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo
 
TheFatOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Malmφ, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
It's unbelievable to see Nylander so high and Kapanen so down. What's the difference between those kids? Kapanen is a bit bigger, he has his fathers skating and blazing puck skills. He absolutely outplayed Nylander in U18 WJC's this year. Finnish factor?


TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2013, 01:58 PM
  #16
12Gage09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
The next two 1st overall picks will be players who were granted 'Exceptional Player Status' to be drafted into the OHL a year early. Aaron Ekblad in 2014, probably to Calgary. Connor McDavid in 2015... Jacob Jammes is probably not going to go anywhere near the 1st round.. he is probably a movable player as the London Knights try to upgrade for their Memorial Cup run as the host team.

12Gage09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:58 PM
  #17
Scratchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
It'll be intersting to see if this becomes a defensive draft or an offensive draft. Guys like Ho Sang, Virtanen, Bennett, McCann, and others such as Pepis, Mistele, and Audette have to prove they are top 6 forwards for the NHL.

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 01:22 AM
  #18
BroadStreet1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
intersting draft year to say the least

BroadStreet1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 02:02 PM
  #19
BoKnows53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
I hope the Canucks trade up again and get 2 1st rounders

This looks like a good draft, with the top 10 being extremely exceptional.

The most intriguing player IMO is Draisaitl. WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF A GERMAN POSSIBLY GOING IN THE TOP 5


Last edited by BoKnows53: 08-01-2013 at 05:27 PM.
BoKnows53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 02:32 PM
  #20
NH57
That's Right Coach T
 
NH57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoKnows53 View Post
I hope the Canucks trade up again and get 2 1st rounders

This looks like a good draft, with the top 10 being extremely exceptional.

The most intriguing player IMO is Draisaitl. WHO HAS EVER HEARD OF A GERMAN GOING POSSIBLY GOING IN THE TOP 5
It's good for Germany, they need an NHL star to put them on the map.

NH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2013, 02:35 PM
  #21
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
 
How Ya Drouin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahH57 View Post
It's good for Germany, they need an NHL star to put them on the map.
Yeah it's not a bad hockey country with guys like Ehrhoff and Goc.

How Ya Drouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2013, 11:05 PM
  #22
Kobe Armstrong
Registered User
 
Kobe Armstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 9,240
vCash: 50
Draisaitl definitely my favorite, don't sleep on Ritchie

Kobe Armstrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 12:24 AM
  #23
Scratchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Hopefully most of them stay healthy and and we get to see more players going up than down. If I'm lucky I may see Daisaitl, Reihnhart, Virtanen, and that Kamloops player.

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2013, 01:42 PM
  #24
ScottStevens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeMurphy5 View Post
1-Ekblad
2-Reinhart
3-McKeown
4-Nylander
5-Goldobin
6-Ritchie
7-Clarke
8-Virtanen
9-Dal Colle
10-Draisaitl
11-Ho-Sang
12-DeAngelo
13-Barbashev
14-Bennett
15-Mistele
16-Watson
17-Fabbri
18-Middleton
19-Cornel
20-McCann
21-De Leo
22-Karlsson
23-Audette
24-Schmaltz
25-Glover
25-Robinson
26-Iverson
27-Vrana
28-Lindbolm
29-Kapanen
30-Martin
Next In Line
Milano
Point
Kemp
MacInnis
Sorry, but WHY is Vrana 27th? He should be like 4th! I just hope he goes to PHX.

ScottStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2013, 07:43 PM
  #25
Scratchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 99
vCash: 500
Well, with hockey around the corner we'll see how many forwards can prove they are top 6 players. Will this draft have more than 10 top 6 forwards, more than 20, or less than 10 when we are ready in 10 months?

Scratchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.