HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
No, it's worse. It would only be worse-worse if he was traded to the Oilers.

That said, some of the more mature fans would realize that its better to lose Iginla for something, than to risk losing him for nothing. If the best "something" comes from the Canucks, then so be it. Sure, a lot of us won't be actively cheering for Vancouver to win, but many of us would likely be pleased to see Iginla win a Stanley Cup regardless of who he is traded to. Even if it is with the Canucks - causing us to die a little inside.
This. Rivalries exist, but you gotta look at the big picture. If Vancouver, or even Edmonton for that matter, offers the best deal. I'll take it.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:27 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
I don't think he has negative value. He is a overpaid, but to the tune of 2m (of which the majority would be paid by the deadline) and is an RFA in the summer, so if you have trouble with the decreasing cap, he comes off the books like that.
He doesn't absolutely have to go for the Pens, so if it's a dealbreaker just leave him off.

It would help getting his roster spot cleared and I don't see why Calgary would refuse a warm body back, especially if the plan to deal Stempniak as well, but if Calgary considers him negative value, I'd be fine with just keeping him for depth scoring. Waive Glass and be done with it. Wouldn't really add anything in lieu of TK though. Maybe Jeffrey or a 4th or something. Or, well, you can gave Glass.
Wouldn't it be better to just leave him out? I assume he makes the Pens better if he slots in on the 4th line in place of one of their current 4th liners.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:28 PM
Fire Julien

Rich Peverley is scratcged tonight. Welcome to Boston, Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:41 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Wouldn't it be better to just leave him out? I assume he makes the Pens better if he slots in on the 4th line in place of one of their current 4th liners.
Sure. I see no way taking TK of would make it a worse deals for the Pens. They may have to send Bennett down for a couple days to cull the roster at the absolute worst.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:42 PM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
No, it's worse. It would only be worse-worse if he was traded to the Oilers.

That said, some of the more mature fans would realize that its better to lose Iginla for something, than to risk losing him for nothing. If the best "something" comes from the Canucks, then so be it. Sure, a lot of us won't be actively cheering for Vancouver to win, but many of us would likely be pleased to see Iginla win a Stanley Cup regardless of who he is traded to. Even if it is with the Canucks - causing us to die a little inside.
I disagree.

If Iginla is traded to the Canucks, I will be actively cheering for it to be a huge failure and then have Iggy re-sign with Calgary in the off season. This would amount to Calgary taking Vancouver assets for nothing.

If Vancouver wins a cup with Iggy, it might be enough for me to cease being a Flames fan or stop watching hockey all together. It's that bad. It would represent a massive betrayal by Flames management. Getting a slightly better prospect from Vancouver is not worth it.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User

I posted this in the last thread but it was the last post of the thread so nobody really saw my contribution. figured i'll post again:

This is what I think Iggy could fetch (not sure if all these teams would make this trade, but you get the idea)

BOS: Peverly + Khokhlachev/Knight + 1st
CAR: Jokinen + Dalpe/Rask + 1st
CHI: Stalberg + McNeill/Danault/Pirri + 1st/2nd
DET: Eaves + Tatar/Sheahan/Jurco/Frk + 1st
LAK: Clifford + Pearson + 1st
MIN: Zucker + Phillips + 1st
MON: Eller + Collberg + 1st
NSH: Kostitsyn + Watson + 1st
NYI: Okposo + Niederreiter + 1st/2nd
OTT: Greening + Puempel/Prince/Stone + 1st
PIT: Kennedy + Maata/Morrow + 1st
TOR: Kulemin + Biggs + 1st

PS: I apologize if any of these prospects are "untouchable" - i picked the guys i figured weren't, but were still good. For example I barely know Khokhlachev - i just know he's good and not a top guy like Scheifele. To me, as a Sens fan - he's the value of a Puempel - if he's not.. what do I know? lol.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Evil Edler
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I disagree.

If Iginla is traded to the Canucks, I will be actively cheering for it to be a huge failure and then have Iggy re-sign with Calgary in the off season. This would amount to Calgary taking Vancouver assets for nothing.

If Vancouver wins a cup with Iggy, it might be enough for me to cease being a Flames fan or stop watching hockey all together. It's that bad. It would represent a massive betrayal by Flames management. Getting a slightly better prospect from Vancouver is not worth it.
If we get Iggy its because he put us on his list and waived to come here, management would only be taking the best deal.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
RIP Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Rich Peverley is scratcged tonight. Welcome to Boston, Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis.
Theres actually a lot of evidence for this. Boston and Calgary scouts have been at eachothers games recently, apparently there was a rumor where Peverly was involved, and now he's scratched...

Old
03-21-2013, 07:58 PM
BruinsHockey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
I posted this in the last thread but it was the last post of the thread so nobody really saw my contribution. figured i'll post again:

This is what I think Iggy could fetch (not sure if all these teams would make this trade, but you get the idea)

PS: I apologize if any of these prospects are "untouchable" - i picked the guys i figured weren't, but were still good. For example I barely know Khokhlachev - i just know he's good and not a top guy like Scheifele. To me, as a Sens fan - he's the value of a Puempel - if he's not.. what do I know? lol.
Thats way too much coming from Boston...I'd do Peverley and a pick, but definitely not Peverley, one of our top prospects AND a first...Thats just crazy.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:03 PM
canuck4life16
Shinkaruk+Henrik=!!!

please go to pens over boston Iginla...........

Old
03-21-2013, 08:04 PM
BruinsHockey74

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
please go to pens over boston Iginla...........
As if the penguins need anymore superstars...smh

Old
03-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Zbynek

Quote:

Solid list, although you could probably take NYI and NSH off all together. No offense to Isles/Preds fans, but seriously...Jarome Iginla controls his destiny where he goes. I will eat my shoes if he ever puts on an Islanders or Predators sweater.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

Quote:
Wouldn't have anything to do with his play lately would it? I heard some Bruins fans commenting on this.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:57 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I disagree.

I always find such comments hilarous. I remember reading similar comments by Flames fans about Bertuzzi... calpuck was littered with "fans" who said similar things - that they'd stop being a Flames fan if Bertuzzi ever wore a Flames jersey.

I doubt a single one of those fans followed through on those comments.

I'd be willing to bet that the Flames wouldn't lose a single fan if Iginla became a Canuck and/or won a Cup as a Canuck. I've been reading such ridiculous comments on the message board for over a decade and it's always the same - "if **** happens I'll stop being a *** fan" and when it does, all you hear are excuses and defenses of that same player that people were ready to burn at the stake! Bertuzzi went from being a thug who should be in jail to a player who was trying to right the wrongs he committed and is a better person for that.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Some of those packages look significantly more valuable than others.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:41 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:

If the Islanders offered that the Flames should take it run for the hills

Old
03-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
Rich Peverley a healthy scratch Do you honestly think that If Jarome Iginla were going to Boston that he would be a healthy scratch also Instead of playing tonight.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM
thaman8765678

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1RedWingsFan52 View Post
Rich Peverley a healthy scratch Do you honestly think that If Jarome Iginla were going to Boston that he would be a healthy scratch also Instead of playing tonight.
Iginla's playing tonight? News to me haven't seen him or Tanguay once this game....

Old
03-21-2013, 09:48 PM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaman8765678 View Post
Iginla's playing tonight? News to me haven't seen him or Tanguay once this game....
Yeah, you don't have to tell us...

Old
03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Dont quit your day job.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Number1RedWingsFan52

Quote:
He's playing he's just not doing any thing to help his team out.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:52 PM
JurassicTunga

Think all these rumors are weighing him down

Old
03-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post

I always find such comments hilarous. I remember reading similar comments by Flames fans about Bertuzzi... calpuck was littered with "fans" who said similar things - that they'd stop being a Flames fan if Bertuzzi ever wore a Flames jersey.

I doubt a single one of those fans followed through on those comments.

I'd be willing to bet that the Flames wouldn't lose a single fan if Iginla became a Canuck and/or won a Cup as a Canuck. I've been reading such ridiculous comments on the message board for over a decade and it's always the same - "if **** happens I'll stop being a *** fan" and when it does, all you hear are excuses and defenses of that same player that people were ready to burn at the stake! Bertuzzi went from being a thug who should be in jail to a player who was trying to right the wrongs he committed and is a better person for that.

I'll easily take that bet.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:

That's pretty horrible for LA. This is 3 months of 2013 Iginla, someone who we don't even need, not 3+ years of 2008 Iginla. I'm not going to blame you for not knowing that we don't have a first rounder but you're basically offering nearly three firsts from LA (Clifford was a medium 2nd who panned and Pearson was a late 1st, plus a 1st). Iginla AT MOST is worth a 2nd from LA, next year's. We'd be doing Calgary and Iginla a favor letting him step in to our run this year where our 15 forwards (four lines and three reserves) are set. Our forward corps is deep and full of quality with excellent chemistry.

If Iginla will be traded, it will be to a very short list of contenders. Of those teams, LA needs him the least.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
SEALBound

Someone needs to go back and look at fan proposals for Hossa, Kovy, and Nash then compare them to what they actually fetched.

I anticipate there are gonna be some disappointed Flames fans if Iginla is traded.

Closed Thread