HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Panthers at Rangers

Old
03-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Riverdale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Callahan happy with the number of shots.

No chances. Markstrom should have laid down in the crease and taken a nap. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Can't wait to see Torts canned. He can go back to TSN.
This season's for you guys

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tjs252

Nash has been playing exceptionally poorly. Maybe it's just being Richards' LW. Other than Hagelin, has a LW ever truly stood out with us under Torts? Just something to chew on (though I'm not a huge fan of Nash's game, that's the textbook floater, a power-forward can not and should not disappear like he does).

Lundqvist is neither playing poorly, nor well. I've always believed that he was our most important player, but I also believed that, with limited exception, goalies in the post 2004 lockout were interchangeable. Guess I need to reconsider.

Also, this team really misses Staal. I think this puts the Staal/McD/Girardi debate to bed.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
Logically speaking anything could happen. But some things are just more likely to happen then others.
No one is insinuating we could have scored 9 goals. You're the one going into fantasy land and inferring things that weren't implied and winning that imaginary argument yourself. You're a pessimist who's afraid of losing and doubt the team and their abilities when things are going wrong to shield yourself from disappointment and grief and you come onto the board to mock people who have faith in the team and try to assert superiority above everyone else by making yourself seem "realistic" and insightful and unaffected by the loss while bashing other people who are as disgusted by the loss as yourself just to make yourself feel better.

Somethings are more likely to happen than others so when we play Washington on Sunday, a team that is currently winning their game right now, go with the "more probable" reality of us, a losing team being defeated by the Caps, a currently winning team and refrain yourself from watching the game or commenting on the GTD and PGT.

Cresto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dorado*

I'd love to see in between periods Keenan and Maloney just relieve Torts and sully and ship them back to Bahstan

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maaxse

If we are to play the blame game, I'm going to go after Richards instead of the 3rd and 4th line. He has not been the 1st center we signed for and we need a good 1st center, just like any other team. Our upper tier players don't cut it, except Lundqvist.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
The Torts Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
You don't pull the ****ing goalie when you're only down one on a POWER PLAY!!! The opposing team Can shoot at the empty net from anywhere on the ice and not have to worry about icing! For **** sakes
If we could score on the power play, or in general, there may be an argument for that. We needed any advantage we could get to try and tie the game up.

The system worked to perfection tonight. They're actually a better puck possession team this year than last year but all that is grinding along the boards leading to a non-threatening shot from the point that you hope gets on net with nobody near the net for a deflection or rebound.

It don't work for this lineup Torts...just ask Enrhoth (Hasek) and Markstrom (Vanbiesbrouck)

The Torts Identity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:08 PM
JD123

Glad Henrik said its getting old. "We need to put the puck in the net"

JD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

We have one of the most talented teams on paper and we aren't funcitoning. So fire the coach.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
I don't really have much to compliment this game. It was an extremely odd combination of looking pretty bad despite out shooting the opposition greatly and spending a majority of the game above center ice.

Championship*
#Joel&Ellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'm assuming you turn the TV off if we go down by one. Sounds fun.
Whatever you say. I know this team. They go down 2 nothing and you might as well shut it off. Looks like I was right. Come talk to me when the consistently overcome these defects.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
These are the Rangers. Get to know them.
Wow dude give it up

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Need a new coach to inspire this group. No-one on the team seems to care.

I am sick of Richards already. This guy is the new Drury
We have Torts going on record - I repeat - we have Torts going on record multiple times that they don't practice offense, they don't practice the power play.

Why oh why is he being paid to be a coach? What we have then is a motivational speaker. Bring in someone who has structure, who doesn't shift players game in and game out, who doesn't have a narrow list of friends who can improve the PP or PK.

I'm sorry but the man has become an albatross.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mike14

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Did he really say that? *facepalm* Looks like we have a disillusioned captain.
I'm not up to date on captain speak, how many shots on goal do we need for him to be happy?

mike14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Torts is not going to be fired when while we're contending for the playoffs. I agree, a coaching change would be nice and trading Torts and Sullivan for someone like Lindy Ruff would give us a boost, but it won't happen during the season.

What can and will happen during the season is player trading. Players I would like to see gone:

Gaborik
Richards
Boyle
Del Zotto
Gilroy
Bickel

Ruff? what does he bring? a decade of losing? He's had Miller who's arguably as good as Lundqvist (at one point) and they went as far as the ecf.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot

Ha did Hank just say we play a system that doesn't employ many goals?

Matt Carle Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Colby
HFB Partner

I'm just going to turn the page on this one. I think dissecting and nitpicking every little detail does more harm than good at this point. Two more points up for grabs on Sunday.

Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Whatever you say. I know this team. They go down 2 nothing and you might as well shut it off. Looks like I was right. Come talk to me when the consistently overcome these defects.
Then I don't know what to tell you. Don't watch? It's a sad day when I can't believe that my team will win.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
haveandare

Quote:
I wonder if there's a petty argument board somewhere that just leaves the hockey out of it.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Hank is right. It's getting really old to watch this team not being able to put the puck in the net.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
I thought we played well, we were just fairly unlucky. Two of those bounces that laid in the crease for seconds at a time go in and we talk about how the 3-2 score doesn't reflect how badly we dominated them.

Some of you guys need a reality check. Not everyone played well, but we were hungry on the puck and we exposed their bad defense.
Yeah, I don't have an issue with the way they played.

Florida will win some games this season, some will be against teams that could really use the wins.

Terrible coverage by Halpern on the 1st goal.

Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD123 View Post
Glad Henrik said its getting old. "We need to put the puck in the net"
Next thing you know in a few years, hes gonna ask Slat to be traded to a team with competent offense.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
haveandare

Cally said he was happy with the number of shots on goal. Were you guys not? 40+ shots is a solid number of shots for a game.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Torts Identity View Post
If we could score on the power play, or in general, there may be an argument for that. We needed any advantage we could get to try and tie the game up.

The system worked to perfection tonight. They're actually a better puck possession team this year than last year but all that is grinding along the boards leading to a non-threatening shot from the point that you hope gets on net with nobody near the net for a deflection or rebound.

It don't work for this lineup Torts...just ask Enrhoth (Hasek) and Markstrom (Vanbiesbrouck)
My belief is that the extra man on the attack would not really add a measurable extra level of scoring threat, while the wide open net was an invitation waiting for the inevitable exploit.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Did he really say that? *facepalm* Looks like we have a disillusioned captain.
Yes he did.

"We did some good things."
"We got a lot of shots through."
Bla bla bla.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
We have Torts going on record - I repeat - we have Torts going on record multiple times that they don't practice offense, they don't practice the power play.

Why oh why is he being paid to be a coach? What we have then is a motivational speaker. Bring in someone who has structure, who doesn't shift players game in and game out, who doesn't have a narrow list of friends who can improve the PP or PK.

I'm sorry but the man has become an albatross.
completely agreed. I'm done supporting this joke of a system until he's out of here.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote