HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Some Other Flame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
That's pretty horrible for LA. This is 3 months of 2013 Iginla, someone who we don't even need, not 3+ years of 2008 Iginla. I'm not going to blame you for not knowing that we don't have a first rounder but you're basically offering nearly three firsts from LA (Clifford was a medium 2nd who panned and Pearson was a late 1st, plus a 1st). Iginla AT MOST is worth a 2nd from LA, next year's. We'd be doing Calgary and Iginla a favor letting him step in to our run this year where our 15 forwards (four lines and three reserves) are set. Our forward corps is deep and full of quality with excellent chemistry.

If Iginla will be traded, it will be to a very short list of contenders. Of those teams, LA needs him the least.

How on earth can you stretch Calgary giving away one of their best trading assets for literally nothing as beneficial to the Flames?

There's got to be something funny in the LA drinking water with so many of their fans thinking they can get a player like Iginla for free.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Someone needs to go back and look at fan proposals for Hossa, Kovy, and Nash then compare them to what they actually fetched.

I anticipate there are gonna be some disappointed Flames fans if Iginla is traded.
The vast majority expect a 1st + decent/good prospect what do you think he will go for?

Old
03-21-2013, 09:18 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
The vast majority expect a 1st + decent/good prospect what do you think he will go for?
That's pretty standard rental price for contending teams. I'm guessing the prospect from each team is going to be the selling point.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:21 PM
Shoofyou10

If it's something fair then I would welcome him to the Pens with open arms. He could help a lot. But he is a rental and I don't want to get in some massive bidding war or mortgage the future for a rental. I would do Kennedy + Maata + 2nd (which turns into a 1st if we win the cup). I think that's pretty fair. Now if we could be assured he would re-sign then I would be willing to give up a little more but not much.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post

How on earth can you stretch Calgary giving away one of their best trading assets for literally nothing as beneficial to the Flames?

There's got to be something funny in the LA drinking water with so many of their fans thinking they can get a player like Iginla for free.
We're not asking for him. I'm not saying Calgary should settle for nothing either. I'm saying that we can't offer much for him as the value to our team isn't there. And the fact that you must send him to a contender will limit his value IF you trade him.

There are literally only four teams that qualify as true contenders from each conference.

Also, the return can't be compared to guys like Hossa and past deadline deals because the lower the cap goes, the more picks and prospects are worth.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:29 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
That's pretty standard rental price for contending teams. I'm guessing the prospect from each team is going to be the selling point.
Yes the prospect basically determines the destination, many of the out spoken 'flames fans' don't speak of the vast majority most realize we aren't getting 1st + blue chiper + good roster player.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
We're not asking for him. I'm not saying Calgary should settle for nothing either. I'm saying that we can't offer much for him as the value to our team isn't there. And the fact that you must send him to a contender will limit his value IF you trade him.

There are literally only four teams that qualify as true contenders from each conference.

Also, the return can't be compared to guys like Hossa and past deadline deals because the lower the cap goes, the more picks and prospects are worth.
You realize the cap next season will be higher than when Hossa or Kovalchuk were traded?

In any case, if four teams are interesting in Iginla's services, that's more than enough to spark a bidding war. And given the rumours of LA being very interested in Iginla, it doesn't look like your organization shares your opinion.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:30 PM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
Iggy scoressssss

Old
03-21-2013, 09:31 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

vCash: 50
Dat trade value.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Langdon Alger*

Just from watching the Flames play, it's obvious to me that big changes are coming at the trade deadline and the draft. The veteran players - and there's a lot of them - seem to know that an upheaval is coming, and that they may not be around anymore once it's over.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
Exactly. If they Feaster's thought process is anything other than the best prospect available, then it would be a mistake. I don't know how advisable it is for them to consider it based on position but whatever the best prospect being mentioned should be the most seriously considered trading partner.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:50 PM
SidsBackhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
There's room for both.

Stempniak hustles as much as Dupuis, has similar speed, is just as responsible defensively, and has as many points this season to boot.

The difference is Stempniak can create on his own and thinks the game much closer to Crosby, than Dupuis does.

There is zero doubt in my mind Stempniak would make the Crosby line harder to defend than Dupuis.

I disagree. Crosby doesn't work well with other playmakers. Much more productive when he has linemates that are more shot-oriented.

Stempniak IS a great player though. Would be great on a lower line, Geno's line or Sutter's line would be more dangerous.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:
this is what I'm thinking, if it's a really good prospect, then a lower pick.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:55 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
I disagree. Crosby doesn't work well with other playmakers. Much more productive when he has linemates that are more shot-oriented.

Stempniak IS a great player though. Would be great on a lower line, Geno's line or Sutter's line would be more dangerous.
I agree. Crosby, unlike some centers who can play with anyone and even excel with playmakers, are perfect players for finishing forwards. He wants players who want to pot goals.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:56 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:

Stemps is more of a sniper than anything.. He knows where to put himself to score, on the other side he is definately capable of passing the puck.. But don't get it twisted, he may have the best wrist shot on a team that has Iginla and Cammalleri.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:57 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:

Bottom line, while people - like the guy you are responding to really don't value Dupuis much based on his comments, he is working out very well when paired with Sid and Kunitz. Why on earth split that up? Chemistry amounts to something. Dupes busts his ass every shift.

Stempniak would be a perfect second/third line floater - could be an asset for either line. I would welcome him coming to Pittsburgh. Again, no need to be foolish with a major move. A subtle move is all this team needs.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:03 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
this is what I'm thinking, if it's a really good prospect, then a lower pick.
Yea if it was a blue chipper then just straight up.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
ThePsychicSaw

So what's the rate here? I can see Washington going on a good 5 game streak here and getting mad ground on the weak SE division

Washington:

Neuvirth
Johansson
1st

For

Iginla

Then they pickup up a veteran G (giguere/garon/nabkov?)

Old
03-21-2013, 10:09 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Yea if it was a blue chipper then just straight up.
Not that Philly is looking at Iggy, who knows....

Anyway, I proposed Schenn for Iginla straight up before..

What do people think?

Old
03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
So what's the rate here? I can see Washington going on a good 5 game streak here and getting mad ground on the weak SE division

Washington:

Neuvirth
Johansson
1st

For

Iginla

Thats a pretty good offer honestly...we could send Kipper back the other way if you added a 2nd...

Old
03-21-2013, 10:15 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Thats a pretty good offer honestly...we could send Kipper back the other way if you added a 2nd...
Does it work cap wise?

If so absolutely

Old
03-21-2013, 10:17 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:

Washington:

Neuvirth
Johansson
1st

For

Iginla

Value wise, it's probably fair. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Caps fans were against it in fact. But for the Flames, I'd say its quite bad. The Flames don't need Neuvirth and it would be a mistake to target him. Johannsson doesn't do much for them either.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Value wise, it's probably fair. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of Caps fans were against it in fact. But for the Flames, I'd say its quite bad. The Flames don't need Neuvirth and it would be a mistake to target him. Johannsson doesn't do much for them either.
That 1st could be extremely valuable considering where the Caps are located in the standings currently.

On that note, there's no way I see the Capitals trading their 1st for an upcoming UFA.
And I don't see Iginla waiving to go to Washington.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
03-21-2013, 10:20 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Does it work cap wise?

If so absolutely
Calgary could eat a chunk I suppose...no idea if WSH has any players they would want to dump, but im sure it would be fine.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:25 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:

Washington:

Neuvirth
Johansson
1st

For

Iginla

I don't understand why Washington would even consider that, for a rental. That first round pick could be a top five type of selection. This isn't worth it for Iggy. Washington should be selling, not buying a rental.

Closed Thread