HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 10:26 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Not that Philly is looking at Iggy, who knows....

Anyway, I proposed Schenn for Iginla straight up before..

What do people think?
I have no idea why Philly would want to trade for anything right now. That team needs to unload some weak links and prepare for next year. Iggy doesn't salvage the season this year. It's not like he plays on the blueline. Then again, no one ever accused Holmgren of being smart. He does need to show restraint and not do anything foolish at the trade deadline.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 03-21-2013 at 10:34 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 10:30 PM
Waffle Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
I disagree. Crosby doesn't work well with other playmakers. Much more productive when he has linemates that are more shot-oriented.

Stempniak IS a great player though. Would be great on a lower line, Geno's line or Sutter's line would be more dangerous.
I don't think there is a large enough sample size of Sid actually playing with another playmaker to make the statement that he doesn't work well with them.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:34 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Its interesting, I can see the caps winning 8 of their next 10 games and take over the SE division by the end of this year .

Old
03-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ ( ͡ ᴥ͡)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post
Its interesting, I can see the caps winning 8 of their next 10 games and take over the SE division by the end of this year .
But would Iginla accept a trade to Washington? I doubt it.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
03-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
I disagree. Crosby doesn't work well with other playmakers. Much more productive when he has linemates that are more shot-oriented.

Stempniak IS a great player though. Would be great on a lower line, Geno's line or Sutter's line would be more dangerous.
Crosby looked the most dangerous with Hossa, who is well known for his playmaking skills.

Crosby thrives on the give and go, which is exactly why Stempniak is a better fit than Dupuis.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:48 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
But would Iginla accept a trade to Washington? I doubt it.
No idea. Not worth trying to discuss because others don't either

Old
03-21-2013, 11:06 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
There's room for both.

Stempniak hustles as much as Dupuis, has similar speed, is just as responsible defensively, and has as many points this season to boot.

The difference is Stempniak can create on his own and thinks the game much closer to Crosby, than Dupuis does.

There is zero doubt in my mind Stempniak would make the Crosby line harder to defend than Dupuis.
I'm right there with you on acquiring Stemniak. Brought this up in another thread a week or two ago (along with Smid, Regher and a few others as potential trade targets). Especially if it means we don't go after Iginla.

I'm kinda thinking you're misreading what I'm saying though. I'm not advocating one or the other, I'm wanting both guys on this team.

The last two sentences I can certainly see your point even if I am unsure if I agree with 100%. Especially the last sentence... but I am hoping that we find out.

And while I certainly am not one of those who think Dupuis is more talented, I do think he is a better player for this team. But that is a relative opinion and not at all important in the scope of this thread I suppose.

Last edited by stardog: 03-21-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old
03-21-2013, 11:14 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle Fries View Post
I don't think there is a large enough sample size of Sid actually playing with another playmaker to make the statement that he doesn't work well with them.
This.

Were talking Crosby here. I am pretty certain that he will be on top of his game playing with just about any type of player.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:21 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Crosby looked the most dangerous with Hossa, who is well known for his playmaking skills.

Crosby thrives on the give and go, which is exactly why Stempniak is a better fit than Dupuis.
I don't know about that. Crosby has thrived with Kunitz and Dupuis as well. In fact, most say the best hockey of his career was right before his concussion or even right now.

He looked great with Hossa, sure...but that's my point. He's Sid. He's gonna look great with just about anyone.

To sayStempniak is a better fit is really a non factor. It isn't about who he is playing with. Its simply about him.

Still want Stempniak on the team. What exactly would the Flames want in return?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:22 PM
DBU
Bruinwagoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog View Post
I don't know about that. Crosby has thrived with Kunitz and Dupuis as well. In fact, most say the best hockey of his career was right before his concussion or even right now.

He looked great with Hossa, sure...but that's my point. He's Sid. He's gonna look great with just about anyone.

To sayStempniak is a better fit is really a non factor. It isn't about who he is playing with. Its simply about him.

Still want Stempniak on the team. What exactly would the Flames want in return?
A 2nd round pick, give or take.

Old
03-21-2013, 11:47 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
A 2nd round pick, give or take.
Even as this year is a deep draft by all accounts, I'd be fine with that.

This is the type of trade the Penguins need to make with the Flames. I certainly hope, if he os indeed traded that the Flames get a decent return for Iginla. I just hope it isn't from the Penguins personally.

I don't begrudge any fan obviously wanting the best for their team. At the end of the day, looking at some of the expectations, I certainly hope people aren't disappointed.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:03 AM
CorsiCounter

I really like Stempniak. I think he would be a great fit with Crosby, and if that didn't work out he would really help out Sutter on that third line in TK's spot.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
That 1st could be extremely valuable considering where the Caps are located in the standings currently.

On that note, there's no way I see the Capitals trading their 1st for an upcoming UFA.
And I don't see Iginla waiving to go to Washington.
Washington isn't much higher than the Flames in the standings (neither are the Flyers for that matter). As such, I agree, Washington isn't in a position to trade away their first and the Iginla isn't going to waive his NTC for a team that might not even make the playoffs.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:13 AM
nwpensfan

Quote:
Works pretty well with Malkin doesn't he?

Old
03-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Aiastelmon
Fire DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoofyou10 View Post
If it's something fair then I would welcome him to the Pens with open arms. He could help a lot. But he is a rental and I don't want to get in some massive bidding war or mortgage the future for a rental. I would do Kennedy + Maata + 2nd (which turns into a 1st if we win the cup). I think that's pretty fair. Now if we could be assured he would re-sign then I would be willing to give up a little more but not much.
This is fair value, and equivalent to past trades for this type of player. You can't even compare it to Hossa, as Hossa was in his prime then. Boston would be the most motivated to give a slightly better package though.

Pitt is going to ride Bennett on the 2nd line, meaning that Iggy would not have a spot on the top 6. I think Dupuis is a fixture on that line regular season, though they could mix it up in the playoffs when they need more physical presence.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:15 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
You realize the cap next season will be higher than when Hossa or Kovalchuk were traded?

In any case, if four teams are interesting in Iginla's services, that's more than enough to spark a bidding war. And given the rumours of LA being very interested in Iginla, it doesn't look like your organization shares your opinion.
You realize that the cap was much higher recently and many contracts were signed using those previous numbers and then the cap went down right? And wtf does next year's cap, when Iginla is UFA, have anything to do with anything.

And you're right, all rumors on the Internet are true, e5. What team we have on the ice and what GM we have, in other words, reality, do not factor in to conversation.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:18 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Due to severe incompetence, the Flames will not have any leverage whatsoever in trying to deal Iginla.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:26 AM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorZaius View Post
Not to mention that the Flames were supposedly hoping to snag Pouliot on draft day. If true, they obviously value him highly and one would suspect they'd love to snag him via trade at this point.
It's all good because we got Jankowski instead... Mother ********** Jankowski, the best player in the draft according to Mr Micheline man Feaster...

Old
03-22-2013, 01:35 AM
Reinhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorZaius View Post
Not to mention that the Flames were supposedly hoping to snag Pouliot on draft day. If true, they obviously value him highly and one would suspect they'd love to snag him via trade at this point.
I don't think Pouliot was a target for the Flames. Before the draft, Feaster was already hinting at getting a highly skilled forward at a season ticket holder's meeting. Jankowski was the target the whole time.

I think people assumed Flames were looking at Pouliot (and I am sure they did scout him well), but the Flames also had a few prospects on the team they were keeping tabs on.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:40 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Crosby doesn't seem to play well with guys who don't play the hustle, North-South type of game. Neal just doesn't gel with Crosby because he isn't a North-South type player. I think the main requirement is that they play a simple game and hustle, Crosby complimented Kunitz on that and said thats part of the reason they've been so productive this year.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:07 AM
Zbynek

I like Stempniak's game, but I would be hesitant to replace Dupuis with him. The chemistry on the Duper/Koon/Cros line has been unreal this season. Don't fix it if it's not broken. Unless you're fixing it with Jarome ****ing Iginla.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:20 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiastelmon View Post
This is fair value, and equivalent to past trades for this type of player. You can't even compare it to Hossa, as Hossa was in his prime then. Boston would be the most motivated to give a slightly better package though.

Pitt is going to ride Bennett on the 2nd line, meaning that Iggy would not have a spot on the top 6. I think Dupuis is a fixture on that line regular season, though they could mix it up in the playoffs when they need more physical presence.
That's just silly. Iggy would play in the top 6 of any team in the league. Penguins included. The only winger you have who is arguably as good as him is Neal.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:30 AM
Kranix
shempionship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
It's all good because we got Jankowski instead... Mother ********** Jankowski, the best player in the draft according to Mr Micheline man Feaster...
Haha, Jankowski will have that echoing in his head - "best player in this draft...best player in this draft...best player in this draft..." and then someone will snap him out of - "Mark! Mark! Get out there!" as he's toiling in the AHL 10 years from now. Nah, who knows.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 2651
This has turned into the sidney crosby thread

Old
03-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Kranix
shempionship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie27Seguin19 View Post
This has turned into the sidney crosby thread
Yeah. It's also another thread where fans seem to be bartering on behalf of their team, as if they were the principle negotiators in the real-life nhl trades. "this is what we would want."

Closed Thread