HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 10:27 PM
  #1
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,779
vCash: 500
Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Continue here.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:31 PM
  #2
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,347
vCash: 500
I'll take Clowe for a 2nd
\

Habs is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:33 PM
  #3
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'll take Clowe for a 2nd

The way Clowe looks this year? Better be a late 2nd.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:40 PM
  #4
Bleu Blanc Rouge
Registered User
 
Bleu Blanc Rouge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'll take Clowe for a 2nd
\
This is what our team will look like IF healthy:

Pacioretty-dd-Gallagher
Bourque-Plek-Ryder
Galchy-Eller-Gionta
Moen-White-Prust
Armstrong

No room for clowe..

Bleu Blanc Rouge is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:55 PM
  #5
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,828
vCash: 500



this guy for playoffs

Rscorpio is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:57 PM
  #6
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 14,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post

this guy for playoffs
No. Room.

Man do people have a hard time understanding that concept.

Maxpac is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:58 PM
  #7
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rscorpio View Post



this guy for playoffs
We already have Plekanec

Theosis is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:15 PM
  #8
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,384
vCash: 500
You know, it would be smart to figure out what we are ready to give away and what needs that we have.

What I'm ready to give away (not at all costs) and why:

- Travis Moen: Overpriced, looks unmotivated, possibly unhappy to play on a fourth line.

- Ryan White: If we can get a player like him that's better than him.

- Tomas Kaberle: Now here's a guy that could help a team in need of D, he's Kaberle, somebody WILL give something for him. He's now no better than 8th on our depth chart, if you consider the long-term hopes the Habs have on Tinordi, HE'S probably 7th now.

- Yannick Weber: I'd keep him because his value has got to be the ***** and you never know, maybe next year he can play. But it ain't looking up for him and he's now 9th on the D depth chart at best. That's so far away that he would need half the defense to be hurt to play and then I'm not sure they wouldn't call up Pateryn or St-Denis instead.

So these are my four highly touchables. This doesn't buy us a lot, but a western team could give up some interesting for Moen and or Kaberle I'm sure. Fortunately, our needs are not that high. I would like to replace Moen with another Prust. And that pretty much would be it for me, I'm satisfied with anybody who plays Top 9 O, Top 7 D and Goalies.

Perhaps hiring a black ace third goalie could be an idea? Couple years ago we had Leighton.

Phil Parent is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:16 PM
  #9
TalkingHead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'll take Clowe for a 2nd
\
Oh God, please no.

TalkingHead is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:21 PM
  #10
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,132
vCash: 500
Sign David Clarkson 5 years x 5M. That is all.

Jack Bourdain is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:21 PM
  #11
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
No moves unless Diaz doesn't look to be recovering a week from now. Then you pick up a 5th/6th puck mover for the PP2.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:23 PM
  #12
TalkingHead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 749
vCash: 500
Only thing I would like to get is an upgrade for the 4th line. Players are going to be very expensive this deadline, the West is insanely close and the East isn't to far behind.

TalkingHead is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:32 PM
  #13
bib
#believe
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkingHead View Post
Only thing I would like to get is an upgrade for the 4th line. Players are going to be very expensive this deadline, the West is insanely close and the East isn't to far behind.
Would like to see that.


With a healthy squad, playing Dumont and Armstrong over White and Moen would be ideal.

Armstrong's earned his keep out there. Moen has slowed down considerably, and White has the lowest hockey IQ on the team.

But, does Therrien have the cojones to sit Moen? Stay tuned.

bib is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:42 PM
  #14
Stripper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 677
vCash: 500
Trades:
Maxim Talbot C

UFAs:
David Clarkson RW
Bryan Bickell LW
Maxim Lapierre C (If we don't get Talbot)

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Clarkson
Bourque - Plekanec - Eller
Bickell - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Prust - Talbot or Lapierre - Dumont or heavy weight.

PS: Just imagine Prust + Talbot.... totally sick!

Stripper is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:47 PM
  #15
Bieber fever
Registered User
 
Bieber fever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westmount
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Mehh don't think we need to made any changes.With prust bourque and diaz coming back we have a good team

Bieber fever is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:52 PM
  #16
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
No. Room.

Man do people have a hard time understanding that concept.
Players can be traded for him.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:55 PM
  #17
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Players can be traded for him.
So which right winger from the team are you trading?

Can't trade the captain.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:57 PM
  #18
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
No. Room.

Man do people have a hard time understanding that concept.
Yes because when is a team ever 100% healthy? maybe first 10 games of season? There are always injuries, depth is what teams need to win, LA had players sitting in the stands on their run last year

DJ Breadman is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:59 PM
  #19
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Yes because when is a team ever 100% healthy? maybe first 10 games of season? There are always injuries, depth is what teams need to win, LA had players sitting in the stands on their run last year
Players as good as Jagr?

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:02 AM
  #20
Hugo Sham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Montreal
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
we need an enforcer who can play 7-9 mins.
we have boston and TO twice + philly twice
and prust has an injured shoulder, which
can easily be re injured in a fight

Hugo Sham is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:03 AM
  #21
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
we need an enforcer who can play 7-9 mins.
we have boston and TO twice + philly twice
and prust has an injured shoulder, which
can easily be re injured in a fight
I'm no necessarily disagreeing with your post, but philly?

overlords is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:05 AM
  #22
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
So which right winger from the team are you trading?

Can't trade the captain.
Strangest things have happened.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:05 AM
  #23
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I'm no necessarily disagreeing with your post, but philly?
Gotta watch out for Bash Brothers 2.0: Danny "The Butcher" Briere and Claude "The Ghoul" Giroux.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Strangest things have happened.
Please find me something stranger happening than the first in division team in the NHL trading away their captain at the deadline who is second in goals for the team just because he doesn't fit the image some Canadiens fans want for the team and they replace him with a guy close to 10 years older than their captain just because it'd be neat to see him wear the CH and skate alongside the top center.

I'll wait.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #24
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Gotta watch out for Bash Brothers 2.0: Danny "The Butcher" Briere and Claude "The Ghoul" Giroux.



Please find me something stranger happening than the first in division team in the NHL trading away their captain at the deadline who is second in goals for the team just because he doesn't fit the image some Canadiens fans want for the team and they replace him with a guy close to 10 years older than their captain just because it'd be neat to see him wear the CH and skate alongside the top center.

I'll wait.
Ryder can play left, so left wingers can be traded also, we don't know if Bourque will be back at full health or that anyone else will get injured. I'm not saying Gio will be traded, just saying that there is no room for Jagr is the reason we will not trade for him is a silly reason. I don't think we'll trade for him nor do i particularly want to trade for him, i just thought your argument was silly.

ChoseLa is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:35 AM
  #25
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Ryder can play left, so left wingers can be traded also, we don't know if Bourque will be back at full health or that anyone else will get injured. I'm not saying Gio will be traded, just saying that there is no room for Jagr is the reason we will not trade for him is a silly reason. I don't think we'll trade for him nor do i particularly want to trade for him, i just thought your argument was silly.
Oh, so now we're having to move either Pacioretty, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Eller or Prust to make room for Jagr? And what, making Ryder a fourth line left winger? Is the goal to trade Moen for Jagr (somehow)?

I'm loving this discussion. How about you petition the NHL to allow a five line so you can fit the players you want to trade for on the team?

First in the division. One of the best goal scoring teams in the league. Last thing you need to do is disrupt the locker for fantasies.

No Team Needed is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.