HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars @ Avs | 3/20/13 | 7:30 MT | Réservoir Jusqu'au Niveau Maximum!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
  #951
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I'm still in disbelief that McLeod was the only one who got a penalty on that one. Not that he didn't deserve what he got, but Dillon came in late and high while McLeod directly facing the boards, and Morrow got his hands in there as well.

I felt it should have been matching penalties.

__________________


Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
  #952
IndustryLeech
Registered User
 
IndustryLeech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
I'm still in disbelief that McLeod was the only one who got a penalty on that one. Not that he didn't deserve what he got, but Dillon came in late and high while McLeod directly facing the boards, and Morrow got his hands in there as well.

I felt it should have been matching penalties.
Dillon speared him in the kidney. I was also pretty surprised he didn't sit for 2 minutes.

IndustryLeech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 02:28 PM
  #953
The Shermanator
#AvaloungeRevolution
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Hahahahahaha

The Shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:09 PM
  #954
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Man, my back hurts just watching that. Roy dove on both the Olver and McLeod hits, and McLeod gets the penalty. This happens to Cody right after and there's nothing.

Dallas is just full of pieces of **** between Benn, Dillon, Roy, and whoever else. I'm really starting to hate their team, and that's good because their in our division next year.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:13 PM
  #955
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,885
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Man, my back hurts just watching that. Roy dove on both the Olver and McLeod hits, and McLeod gets the penalty. This happens to Cody right after and there's nothing.

Dallas is just full of pieces of **** between Benn, Dillon, Roy, and whoever else. I'm really starting to hate their team, and that's good because their in our division next year.
McLeod deserved that. He went for a hit after the period ended. If someone did that to an Avs player, I certainly wouldn't mind Avs going after him.

Refs dropped the ball with the penalties on the play of course, but I have no issue with how Stars responded.

If Dillon keeps running around playing like he does, he'll probably get his eventually.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:28 PM
  #956
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,676
vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
McLeod deserved that. He went for a hit after the period ended. If someone did that to an Avs player, I certainly wouldn't mind Avs going after him.

Refs dropped the ball with the penalties on the play of course, but I have no issue with how Stars responded.

If Dillon keeps running around playing like he does, he'll probably get his eventually.
Agreed, I actually thought McLeod deserved a misconduct on top of that tbh.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
  #957
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
McLeod deserved that. He went for a hit after the period ended. If someone did that to an Avs player, I certainly wouldn't mind Avs going after him.

Refs dropped the ball with the penalties on the play of course, but I have no issue with how Stars responded.

If Dillon keeps running around playing like he does, he'll probably get his eventually.
He deserved to be pushed around, or maybe fought, but Roy clearly embellished that hit like everything else. He easily could have stayed on his feet, but instead he went flying like he did on the Olver hit.

Driving the butt end into a guys back like that, where there's very little padding, with a full backswing is a very dirty play. He could have ruptured something, or effed up his spine.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:14 PM
  #958
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,853
vCash: 500
No one deserves to get the butt end of a stick in his kidney from behind. Brenden Dillon's an even dirtier player than Mark Fistric, and that's saying something.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:17 PM
  #959
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
No one deserves to get the butt end of a stick in his kidney from behind. Brenden Dillon's an even dirtier player than Mark Fistric, and that's saying something.
Yet, people here want McNabb's head on a platter. Hmm

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:23 PM
  #960
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Yet, people here want McNabb's head on a platter. Hmm
When Roy misses two years of hockey because of Cody McLeod, go ahead and "hmmmmmm" then.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:34 PM
  #961
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicianHishon View Post
Yet, people here want McNabb's head on a platter. Hmm
I actually don't think McNabb's hit was as bad as Dater and some make it out to be. I don't like the guy because he caused Joey to miss nearly two years, but Hishon did a similar thing that Naslund did on the Moore hit. He leaned forward to reach for the puck and made his short stature even lower, and McNabb came in with his arm fairly low and hit him. If he wasn't leaning down, or he might have been a little taller, McNabb's elbow would have gone into his chest.

IMO Dillon's butt end was way dirtier than McNabb's hit.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 11:56 PM
  #962
dahrougem2
Registered User
 
dahrougem2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 1,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I actually don't think McNabb's hit was as bad as Dater and some make it out to be. I don't like the guy because he caused Joey to miss nearly two years, but Hishon did a similar thing that Naslund did on the Moore hit. He leaned forward to reach for the puck and made his short stature even lower, and McNabb came in with his arm fairly low and hit him. If he wasn't leaning down, or he might have been a little taller, McNabb's elbow would have gone into his chest.

IMO Dillon's butt end was way dirtier than McNabb's hit.
Are you serious? He led with his elbow, that is the dirtiest of dirty hits. The speed of the game does make it hard for split second decisions to be made but there is no reason any player should ever lead with their elbow

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:04 AM
  #963
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 19,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
Are you serious? He led with his elbow, that is the dirtiest of dirty hits. The speed of the game does make it hard for split second decisions to be made but there is no reason any player should ever lead with their elbow
Not really. Joey kinda tried to dance around him at the last second, and he only caught his left arm. That's why it spun McNabb around a little bit, and pushed his arm up after the hit.

His arm is barely raised from his side at the time of the hit. It's no worse than Stuarts hit on Landy IMO. Borderline if you want to cut down on head shots, but not dirty per se.


Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:12 AM
  #964
RockLobster
Moderator
Beatles Guru
 
RockLobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kansas
Country: Germany
Posts: 12,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Not really. Joey kinda tried to dance around him at the last second, and he only caught his left arm. That's why it spun McNabb around a little bit, and pushed his arm up after the hit.

His arm is barely raised from his side at the time of the hit. It's no worse than Stuarts hit on Landy IMO. Borderline if you want to cut down on head shots, but not dirty per se.

Yeah, I tend to agree with you.

I don't like it (the hit) because it put our Top Prospect (at the time) out of the game for 2 years and set his development back.

But seeing it, Hish did lean down at the last second...though I'm not sure that McNabb isn't entirely innocent here. He was still coming up a bit high and I think would have made contact w/ Hishon's head regardless, but Hishon leaning down only worsened the severity of the hit.

For what it's worth, unlike Bertuzzi, I believe McNabb when he said following the game that he had no intention of hurting Hishon.

RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.