HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kondratiev Signs in Russia

Old
08-04-2006, 01:00 PM
bmoak

vCash: 500
Kondratiev Signs in Russia

From Sidearm Delivery, a blog that covers the WolfPack/AHL and goings-on in Russian hockey....

Here's the relevant part:

By the way, I also found out (through a chart that's alongside the same article) that former Wolf Pack defenseman Maxim Kondratiev, traded by the Rangers to Anaheim during this past season, currently has an insurance contract with Lada Togliatti. Although I had heard rumors that Kondratiev (and Ducks goalie Ilya Bryzgalov, also) was considering joining his former Portland teammate Zenon Konopka by signing with Lada, this was the first official confirmation I'd seen of this.

He links to the article in Sport Express, but I can't read Russian to confirm. I'm guessing that if Drats can't crack the Ducks lineup (which is far from a given), he will go back to Russia rather than report to Portland. So with Konopka (who tore the Pack to shreds in the playoffs) gone, and Kondratiev and Bryzgalov possibly to follow, perhaps the Duck Pond will be a Russian-free zone this season.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 01:06 PM
TheRedressor

yeah definetly glad that we traded him, he was holding Tyutin back IMO.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 01:10 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

If he stayed with the Rangers i doubt he would have signed with a Russian team.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Never saw much in the guy. And it seems pretty clear that he doesn't have a strong desire to be in North America.

08-04-2006, 01:35 PM
bmoak

Oops. Konopka isn't Russian.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:31 PM
barrel_master
Amber Heard

Hummm... maybe we can get him back for cheap then?

barrel_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:50 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I have heard Brian Burke twice of Leafs Lunch in the past month.The first time was a few days after the Chris Pronger trade and second time was a couple of days ago.Both times Burke has said Maxim Kondratiev's agent has told the Ducks his client will be signing with a Russian team.He can make more money playing in Russia than what the Ducks were offering.Burke added the Ducks knew there was a possibility of Kondratiev going back to Russia before they made the trade with the Rangers.The Rangers knew there was a good possibilty he was going back to Russia.
Burke said he told the agent Kondratiev should him(Burke)a postcard from Russia
Burke doesn't seem to be the type of exec judging from his previous contract issues(and comments) with other players who will allow a signed player to play in Russia rather in Portland

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 02:57 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
Bryzgalov wants to go to Russia??? Man, with his playoff performance (even though i thought this before the POs) he's ready to be number one and they can shop Giggy. Bryzzy is one of my favs in the league, it would be a shame if he went to Russia.

BigCanada77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 03:43 PM
Entrancemperium

This is a bit sad because of the cap the midlevel talent might be dropping off as the upper midlevel europeans can earn more money in their respective home countries, hmm I wonder how this will affect the league if it has any kind of effect.

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Richie Rich

the worst thing about him leaving was that bobby granger commercial with him was pulled

Richie Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
This is a bit sad because of the cap the midlevel talent might be dropping off as the upper midlevel europeans can earn more money in their respective home countries, hmm I wonder how this will affect the league if it has any kind of effect.
I dunno, mid-level talent made out like a bandit this FA season, IMO. Kondratiev has to make it in the league before he can be considered mid-level though. What can you do for the guys that aren't willing to pay their dues in the league?

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Entrancemperium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I dunno, mid-level talent made out like a bandit this FA season, IMO. Kondratiev has to make it in the league before he can be considered mid-level though. What can you do for the guys that aren't willing to pay their dues in the league?
Yeah I know still I wonder, it could mean nothing ofcourse, I do believe that more north-americans will be in the league that will perhaps turn it into less skill more grit att the midlevel? Ofcourse that's not to say na players don't have skill.

Entrancemperium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2006, 11:38 PM
shoothepuck

To Russia with love, good thing NY traded him.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
he really would have no place in NY but i would have loved not to have ozo in the playoffs

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
I guess not a bad trade by the Rangers ehh?

Lundqvist102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 02:35 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102 View Post
I guess not a bad trade by the Rangers ehh?
Pretty much a wash--Rangers didn't win a game in the playoffs, have shown no interest in re-signing Sykora and have one less asset (albeit one who was nothing special on the ice or would be much of a dealbreaker in a trade) in the organization.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 06:40 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

I thought he was a tad slow in his decision making. He was too hesitant in that regard for me and I questioned with the speed of the game and the need to think quickly and see the game a play or two ahead whether he could be effective in the NHL as a result.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:14 AM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobo View Post
the worst thing about him leaving was that bobby granger commercial with him was pulled
MAX!!!!

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 11:41 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrancemperium View Post
The mid-level talent will be fine. The border-line NHL'ers will likely stay home. Which, imo is better for the league as the border-line european players are usually very soft.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobo View Post
That was classic! I think it's the only time in North America where it looked like he was having fun, too.

This is an insurance contract, toom, though. If he makes the Ducks, he ain't going to Russia, but if he's stuck in the AHL, I probably wouldn't bother playing here either, if I were him. If he can't make the NHL this year, then I doubt he's really going to stick any time soon. He can make more money and be more comfortable playing better hockey in Russia than he can in the AHL (though Portland is a nice city, I'm told).

Slightly off topic: Is Lada still throwing money around to try to win a championship? Isn't Alexei Kovalev involved with the team? He's from Togliatti, right?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 03:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
That was classic! I think it's the only time in North America where it looked like he was having fun, too.

This is an insurance contract, toom, though. If he makes the Ducks, he ain't going to Russia, but if he's stuck in the AHL, I probably wouldn't bother playing here either, if I were him. If he can't make the NHL this year, then I doubt he's really going to stick any time soon. He can make more money and be more comfortable playing better hockey in Russia than he can in the AHL (though Portland is a nice city, I'm told).

Slightly off topic: Is Lada still throwing money around to try to win a championship? Isn't Alexei Kovalev involved with the team? He's from Togliatti, right?
I wonder if Evgeny Gusakov is captain of that team by now He vanished.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 04:37 PM
94now

Just don't tell me Strudwick was any better. The time when we had Russian hockey players cheap as a Cold War contributions is over. Thanks to high oil prices Russia can pay then descent salaries. Plus everyone in Togliatti would know who Kondratiev is, while most folks in Portland wouldn't tell directions to their ice arena.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

strudwick is absolute garbage, he should not even be in the NHL.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote