HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 09:46 PM
  #51
Heyoooo*
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 987
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
bring in whoever you want. It wont help.. The only thing that would help this franchise is a coaching change.

Closest youre gonna get to that is seeing Gaborik on a team with a coach that plays him how he should be.

Honestly, Rangers or not, at this point id just rather enjoy watching him on a more offensive team.

Heyoooo* is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:21 PM
  #52
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
bring in whoever you want. It wont help.. The only thing that would help this franchise is a coaching change.
Right, its tort's fault that richards is looking more like gomez w every passing game...

Anyways back on topic, beyond gabby what/who does this organization really have as trade fodder?

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:22 PM
  #53
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,916
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
Right, its tort's fault that richards is looking more like gomez w every passing game...

Anyways back on topic, beyond gabby what/who does this organization really have as trade fodder?
I'd say that it probably ends at Boyle. I mean, they might be able to get something out of Asham but that's a big might. Guy hasn't played in forever.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
  #54
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
Right, its tort's fault that richards is looking more like gomez w every passing game...

Anyways back on topic, beyond gabby what/who does this organization really have as trade fodder?
we bring in players every year and its the same thing. we can't score goals.. the only consistent thats been here is Tortorella.. Dont matter who we brought in, the problems stay the same. Does everyone just magically suck when they become a Ranger?

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:38 PM
  #55
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
we bring in players every year and its the same thing. we can't score goals.. the only consistent thats been here is Tortorella.. Dont matter who we brought in, the problems stay the same. Does everyone just magically suck when they become a Ranger?
This team has had issues scoring for over a decade w the exception of jagr and his two buddies for a couple years. Torts hasn't been here for the whole time. When Tom R was the coach people blamed it on him and perry pern.

Maybe the issue isn't coaching and its more about giving out contracts to veterans that look to be their last large pay day, and the inevitable slacking that comes w it w some athletes who's heart is not in it. Is it any surprise that outside of jagr the only other superstar recently who has produced after being brought here was nash, and that's bc he didn't come here as a mercinary, he and jagr both wanted to be here

Bottom line:
Everyone is frustrated

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:01 PM
  #56
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
This team has had issues scoring for over a decade w the exception of jagr and his two buddies for a couple years. Torts hasn't been here for the whole time. When Tom R was the coach people blamed it on him and perry pern.

Maybe the issue isn't coaching and its more about giving out contracts to veterans that look to be their last large pay day, and the inevitable slacking that comes w it w some athletes who's heart is not in it. Is it any surprise that outside of jagr the only other superstar recently who has produced after being brought here was nash, and that's bc he didn't come here as a mercinary, he and jagr both wanted to be here

Bottom line:
Everyone is frustrated
Gaborik?

haveandare is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 11:20 PM
  #57
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Gaborik?
This is a rumor thread and I don't wanna get off topic so I will simply say Stat wise yes gabby, but as a consistant contributer/threat, I have my opinion...

bleedblue94 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:43 AM
  #58
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue94 View Post
This is a rumor thread and I don't wanna get off topic so I will simply say Stat wise yes gabby, but as a consistant contributer/threat, I have my opinion...
Nah man, you're not in the rumor thread. I'd love to have Jagr back. Gaborik has produced but I'd be ok with moving him at the deadline for something that would give us some spark.

I would also love to trade Boyle and try to bring in some better bottom 6 depth. I know he has some up side to some people but I just don't see it anymore.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:44 AM
  #59
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers
 
Mats Zuccarelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,638
vCash: 500
Just made a trade proposal on the Trade Rumors board. Man, would I love to have Colin Wilson (the proposal was Gaborik+ for Wilson+). The guy is a stud and would not surprise me to see him become a #1 C. Him and Stepan as our 1 and 2 C with Richards getting shipped off to Siberia....Ah, our team would be set down the middle, especially if/when Lindberg comes.

Mats Zuccarelli is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:49 AM
  #60
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 50
Even if we keep Richards around, having Stepan/Wilson/Richards isn't bad at all right now. I'm sure Predator fans value him pretty high but I'm sure there's a deal there.

I really like Gaborik + Boyle + for Hornqvist + Blum + I think someone even had Ellis in place of Blum which is even better IMO.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 12:53 AM
  #61
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Just made a trade proposal on the Trade Rumors board. Man, would I love to have Colin Wilson (the proposal was Gaborik+ for Wilson+). The guy is a stud and would not surprise me to see him become a #1 C. Him and Stepan as our 1 and 2 C with Richards getting shipped off to Siberia....Ah, our team would be set down the middle, especially if/when Lindberg comes.
My guess is the Preds will say no. I would tweak your offer to return a RD, which is what we need and which is what the Preds have an abundance of.

Kwayry is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 01:04 AM
  #62
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,444
vCash: 500
Preds would be stupid to part with Wilson for just over a year of Gaborik.

darko is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 02:23 AM
  #63
rangers5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Steve Ott

with buffalo probably blowing there team up wouldn't it be wise for rangers to go after this guy

if they can somehow move gabby in a package type deal to san jose for boyle, then bring in ott it would work wonders

rangers5000 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 02:25 AM
  #64
5 4 Fighting
Big member
 
5 4 Fighting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bk all day
Country: United States
Posts: 4,284
vCash: 400
I agree, he would be welcome on this team that's heartless, maybe he can be a Prust-like sparkplug.

5 4 Fighting is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 02:29 AM
  #65
rangers5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
him and dan boyle should be the targets, move gabby and bring in these two would help big time and maybe return this team to the east final

ott-good depth sparkplug player they need with prust gone
boyle-fills out the d, right handed player who can also play powerplay

rangers5000 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 02:29 AM
  #66
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
The fact we could have signed Ott in the summer is beyond frustrating to me.

He was arguably my #1 target UFA. Last postseason showed we desperately needed a good faceoff guy. Throw in his grit and agitating qualities and boom, perfect fit.

The fact we didn't sign him AND let Prust walk makes me want to punch small children. Feds leaving has turned out to be the cherry on the top of our bottom-6 disaster.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 02:45 AM
  #67
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride
 
NY Lito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Should have just signed him along with Prust this summer. Stupidity.

Prust-Ott-Cally/Feds is a helluva third line. No one would want to play against them.

How the hell did Sather/Torts think losing Prust, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Fedotenko wouldn't hurt this team at all? You think Ott could have at least been a replacement-type signing for Prust...nope. We got Asham. ****ing Sather.

In due time, this past summer could sadly go down as the straw that broke the camel's (Lundqvist's) back. Truly hope for his sake more than anyone's that we didn't already **** it up for good.

NY Lito is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 02:50 AM
  #68
jBuds
pretty damn valuable
 
jBuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC Suburbs
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 26,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
Should have just signed him along with Prust this summer. Stupidity.

Prust-Ott-Cally/Feds is a helluva third line. No one would want to play against them.

How the hell did Sather/Torts think losing Prust, Dubinsky, Anisimov, and Fedotenko wouldn't hurt this team at all? You think Ott could have at least been a replacement-type signing for Prust...nope. We got Asham. ****ing Sather.

In due time, this past summer could sadly go down as the straw that broke the camel's (Lundqvist's) back. Truly hope for his sake more than anyone's that we didn't already **** it up for good.
He was acquired via trade, not signed as a free agent.

I'll tell you one thing: if the Sabres are serious about a culture change, the man will be locked up and given a letter on his chest. He plays hard, can fit on any line in any role, hits everything that moves, plays PP and PK, and is very, very, very well liked in the room.

WHEN we blow it up, he stays, unless someone overpays massively. He is everything the organization has been looking for for ten plus years. He and Hodgson have been bright spots in a dark, dark year.

jBuds is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 03:17 AM
  #69
SCARFACE909
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
The fact we could have signed Ott in the summer is beyond frustrating to me.

He was arguably my #1 target UFA. Last postseason showed we desperately needed a good faceoff guy. Throw in his grit and agitating qualities and boom, perfect fit.

The fact we didn't sign him AND let Prust walk makes me want to punch small children. Feds leaving has turned out to be the cherry on the top of our bottom-6 disaster.
Uh, Buffalo traded Roy for Ott last summer.....

SCARFACE909 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:49 AM
  #70
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
I'm never gonna live down his "5th in the league in faceoffs" comment. That was pure gold.


Dangleberry is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:28 AM
  #71
GarretJoseph*
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangleberry View Post
I'm never gonna live down his "5th in the league in faceoffs" comment. That was pure gold.

You just knew he was gonna lose the face-off after saying that.

GarretJoseph* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:00 AM
  #72
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Rash View Post
Just made a trade proposal on the Trade Rumors board. Man, would I love to have Colin Wilson (the proposal was Gaborik+ for Wilson+). The guy is a stud and would not surprise me to see him become a #1 C. Him and Stepan as our 1 and 2 C with Richards getting shipped off to Siberia....Ah, our team would be set down the middle, especially if/when Lindberg comes.
I'm excited to see OL also but let's be real he's a rookie projected to be a 3/4 tweener . That's what Brad Richards is , Boyle is a 4C . What we need is another decent play maker like Stepan

Dorado* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:39 AM
  #73
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,308
vCash: 500
The team isn't built well at all. They are one dimensional. They buzz around the offensive zone and no one goes to the net with any size/strength. They take shots from the point with no one in front of the net. Pyatt was supposed to help that. He has not. They have gotten 1 goal from their 4th line. Asham has 1. Unbelievable.

Gaborik even with his 1 goal last night still looks overly timid. Richards looks, as he put it, "lost and confused"

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:57 AM
  #74
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
The team isn't built well at all. They are one dimensional. They buzz around the offensive zone and no one goes to the net with any size/strength. They take shots from the point with no one in front of the net. Pyatt was supposed to help that. He has not. They have gotten 1 goal from their 4th line. Asham has 1. Unbelievable.

Gaborik even with his 1 goal last night still looks overly timid. Richards looks, as he put it, "lost and confused"
Is it that the Rangers aren't built well?

or

is it that the Rangers aren't built well to execute Torts system?

I'm beginning to think its more of the latter than the former...

Blueshirt Believer is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:57 AM
  #75
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,818
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
The fact we could have signed Ott in the summer is beyond frustrating to me.

He was arguably my #1 target UFA.
That's odd because he wasn't a UFA last summer....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Lito View Post
You think Ott could have at least been a replacement-type signing for Prust...nope. We got Asham. ****ing Sather.
They weren't willing to go to 2.5M for Prust. Ott makes 2.95M. They're paying Asham 1M.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.