HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Leafs Deadline

Old
03-22-2013, 04:38 AM
lukeleim

vCash: 500
Leafs Deadline

Tyler Bozak, John-Michael Liles, Joe Colborne to the Colorado Avalanche for Cody McLeod and Paul Stastny.

Clarke MacArthur to the Phoenix Coyotes for Derek Morris.

Mike Kostka to the Detroit Red Wings for the Red Wings' 5th round draft pick of 2013.

Carter Ashton and the Maple Leafs' 2nd round draft pick of 2013 to the Dallas Stars for Brenden Morrow.

JVR - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
Joffrey Lupul - Nazem Kadri - Nikolai Kulemin
Brenden Morrow - Mikhail Grabovski - Matt Frattin
Leo Komarov - Jay McClement - Colton Orr/Frazer McLaren

Dion Phaneuf - Carl Gunnarsson
Derek Morris - Jake Gardiner
Mark Fraser - Cody Franson
Korbinian Holzer

James Reimer
Ben Scrivens

lukeleim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:50 AM
lukeleim

Leo Komarov - Jay McClement - Cody McLeod
Colton Orr/Frazer McLaren

Korbinian Holzer

James Reimer
Ben Scrivens

lukeleim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:54 AM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

So you **** up all team chemistry just for trades sake? Doubt the Leafs or any team will be that active.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:02 AM
Rielly4

Morrow trades a little much, i personally like Bozak but Stastny would be a huge upgrade offensively obviously

Rielly4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:21 AM
HooliganX2

Why would Colorado make that trade? Bozak is an UFA, They traded Liles away, Colborne really is not developing as well/quickly as hoped.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:24 AM
tml145

i would rather go for Jagr than Morrow

imagine him playing with Kadri

tml145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:33 AM
tml145

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Why would Colorado make that trade? Bozak is an UFA, They traded Liles away, Colborne really is not developing as well/quickly as hoped.
i wouldn't include Colborne in a trade for Stasny

teams don't quit on 6'5' centers with skill at the age of 23 with 11 career NHL game of experience

this guy will be a solid NHLer next year, when he makes the team out of camp

Old
03-22-2013, 05:40 AM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tml145 View Post

teams don't quit on 6'5' centers with skill at the age of 23 with 11 career NHL game of experience

That's the whole problem he's a none physical big bodied center with less then 11 NHL games at the age of 23. He probably holds more value to the Leafs then he would to any other team in a trade.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:47 AM
wunderpanda

Doesn't help your goalie situation tho. After watching them playing Buffalo, goalie seems more important, Sabres are not exactly a scoring juggernaut.

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:08 AM
tml145

Quote:
That's the whole problem he's a none physical big bodied center with less then 11 NHL games at the age of 23. He probably holds more value to the Leafs then he would to any other team in a trade.
that is why i don't want to trade him

including him in a trade would be a waste of the 2 seasons spent developing him

by the way, he may not be overly physical but he throws the body and drops the gloves from time to time

over the past 25 games in the AHL since the lockout ended he has been playing amazing

now that Kadri is in the NHL, Joe is the go-to guy in the AHL

Old
03-22-2013, 06:34 AM
broc

Just fudging up kadris chemistry with MacArthur.... Just so you can get Derek freakin Morris?

Give away mike Kostka for literally nothing? The guy played well at start of season, give him a break if he has growing pains, don't cut him loose for a garbage pick. These are brutal asset management.

broc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:16 AM
416Leafer

I dont think that trade gets Stastny.

Id like to see a couple guys traded for picks. Probably Liles, Kostka, MacArthur, and even Bozak.

Yea, blah blah blah, playoff push, I know. Its a really deep draft, these are all easily replaceable secondary players, and deadline deals give the highest prices you can get. I dont think removing the above four players means we definitely miss the playoffs. We've traded veterans in the past at the ddeadline and seen our record stay the same or even improve.

I simply see it as getting value that can help us for 10+ years, at the cost of being slightly less competitive for one month. I also dont think resigning Bozak and MacArthur makes much sense contract wise. We already have a number of decent middle sized contracts, and Kessel/Phaneuf need to be resigned next year, Kadri and Gunnarson need raises, etc.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:56 AM
sd1976

Quote:
So was Mats Sundin. You don't have to throw your weight around to be considered Physical you know.

sd1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Teknique

Quote:

That would be sick!

Teknique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post

Id like to see a couple guys traded for picks. Probably Liles, Kostka, MacArthur, and even Bozak.

Yea, blah blah blah, playoff push, I know. Its a really deep draft, these are all easily replaceable secondary players, and deadline deals give the highest prices you can get. I dont think removing the above four players means we definitely miss the playoffs. We've traded veterans in the past at the ddeadline and seen our record stay the same or even improve.

I simply see it as getting value that can help us for 10+ years, at the cost of being slightly less competitive for one month. I also dont think resigning Bozak and MacArthur makes much sense contract wise. We already have a number of decent middle sized contracts, and Kessel/Phaneuf need to be resigned next year, Kadri and Gunnarson need raises, etc.
Now thats a sensible Leaf fan. Im not sure why so many are opposed to dealing the guys you mentioned plus a couple other spare parts for upgrades or assets such as picks. It could make a world of difference in a few short years. The Leafs are providing false hopes right now being in the playoff hunt.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
dubplatepressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
So you **** up all team chemistry just for trades sake? Doubt the Leafs or any team will be that active.
lol @ chemistry. The only 'chemistry' we have is between Kadri and whoever is on his wing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulAssassin
Now thats a sensible Leaf fan. Im not sure why so many are opposed to dealing the guys you mentioned plus a couple other spare parts for upgrades or assets such as picks. It could make a world of difference in a few short years. The Leafs are providing false hopes right now being in the playoff hunt.
Who is opposed to it? Lol.. I don't know of anyone who really is... most leaf fans will easily agree with moving those players.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Darkhorse1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeleim View Post
Tyler Bozak, John-Michael Liles, Joe Colborne to the Colorado Avalanche for Cody McLeod and Paul Stastny.

Clarke MacArthur to the Phoenix Coyotes for Derek Morris.

Mike Kostka to the Detroit Red Wings for the Red Wings' 5th round draft pick of 2013.

Carter Ashton and the Maple Leafs' 2nd round draft pick of 2013 to the Dallas Stars for Brenden Morrow.

Leo Komarov - Jay McClement - Colton Orr/Frazer McLaren

Korbinian Holzer

James Reimer
Ben Scrivens

From what I've heard, Nonis is pretty high on Ashton... so I really doubt we trade him while he's on the cusp of making the team permanently by no later than next season.

Morris for MacArthur I would do though.

Darkhorse1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
kihei

vCash: 50
Leafs are closer to the fine tuning stage than the trade for trade sake stage. I'd say we have three needs. An upgrade at centre with either Bozak or more likely Grabovski going somewhere else, a right-handed stay at home defenseman, and a veteran goalie who is not super expensive. Only your first trade, which Colorado wouldn't do, is aimed at addressing any of these needs. The rest of the trades are really bad asset management.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
kihei

vCash: 50
Quote:
Trade Bozak for picks, and who are your four starting centres? If Bozak (or Grabovski) is traded, another centre needs to be coming back to the Leafs.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:51 AM
BlueBaron

Quote:

I agree, I wish our trade happy fans would keep including him, he's our future number 2 center.

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:56 AM
BlueBaron

Quote:
You are aware Colborne has been tearing it up since his injury issues were put behind him and Naz came up ? Colborne will be a player soon. Patience.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:59 AM
BlueBaron

Quote:

A couple 2nd round picks is not worth missing the playoffs. We need Bozak, Liles and CMac for depth, Kostka could be traded but I doubt we'd get much for him.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:

I doubt it.. he is not impressive. Will not live up to expectations. Coming from a leaf fan

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
So was Mats Sundin. You don't have to throw your weight around to be considered Physical you know.
You didn't just compare Joe Colborne to Mats Sundin did you? Mats carried this team for years

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:05 AM
sokocanuck

vCash: 742
Quote:

I'd prefer if he came with a time machine, though...

sokocanuck is offline   Reply With Quote