HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 06:01 AM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
That's just silly. Iggy would play in the top 6 of any team in the league. Penguins included. The only winger you have who is arguably as good as him is Neal.
Neal is better than Iggy. So is Kunitz. That isn't arguably. Stop thinking Iggy is the 27 year old hot shot. He isn't.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:06 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Neal is better than Iggy. So is Kunitz. That isn't arguably. Stop thinking Iggy is the 27 year old hot shot. He isn't.
Iginla isn't playing with a center the caliber of Crosby or Malkin so it's not an apples to apples comparison. I think he's better than Kunitz if everything is equal. Neal has an argument to be the better sniper but I think Jarome can do more things than Neal beyond the sniping and Iginla isn't bad at sniping himself.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:13 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Oh lord.

Never go full homer.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:15 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Oh lord.

Never go full homer.
Never go full homer? Is that not what Calgary fans are doing everytime they speak of their face of their franchise? They vision him as the 27 year old stud, not a 35 year old that is shades of himself. He isn't arguably better than Neal or Kunitz in my mind.

Sorry, I don't go gaga over Iggy. He is good, but don't fool yourself into thinking he is still a super star. He isn't.

Iggy is no better than Neal or Kunitz IMO. He is on the same level now.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:20 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Neal is better than Iginla, but wouldn't really be sure about Kunitz...

Old
03-22-2013, 06:22 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
You realize that the cap was much higher recently and many contracts were signed using those previous numbers and then the cap went down right? And wtf does next year's cap, when Iginla is UFA, have anything to do with anything.
Seriously? Are you unable to even recall the contents of your previous post?

And the 'much higher' cap has been around for a grand total of a shortened 48 game season and the preceding off season. Max cap in 11-12 was 64.3M. Max cap in 13-14 will be 64.3M. While yes, the cap in this shortened season was pro-rated to 70.2M, it was done so with each and every GM knowing full well that it was going to fall by the following season. There's barely a handful of GM's in the league that still managed to handcuff themselves despite knowing what was coming, and none of them happen on be on Iginla's speculated list.

Quote:
And you're right, all rumors on the Internet are true, e5. What team we have on the ice and what GM we have, in other words, reality, do not factor in to conversation.
Don't be ridiculous. The point is, to suggest your view of the situation is the only correct one is presumptuous. To suggest the Kings aren't asking about Iginla as if you actually have access to the inner workings of the Kings management group, is simply unbelievable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Due to severe incompetence, the Flames will not have any leverage whatsoever in trying to deal Iginla.
And now you've degenerated to this. Sad.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Never go full homer? Is that not what Calgary fans are doing everytime they speak of their face of their franchise? They vision him as the 27 year old stud, not a 35 year old that is shades of himself. He isn't arguably better than Neal or Kunitz in my mind.

Sorry, I don't go gaga over Iggy. He is good, but don't fool yourself into thinking he is still a super star. He isn't.

Iggy is no better than Neal or Kunitz IMO. He is on the same level now.
And in the space of 15 minutes you've managed to come down from both Kunitz and Neal are better than Iginla, to they're on the same level. Fascinating.

Anyway, it's amusing how you continue to assert that Maatta+1st, which is again for likely the 100th time, the most widely accepted valuation for Iginla's services on both sides, as too much. It's is as if you actually think a 27 year old Jarome Iginla could be had for that little. I mean talk about over rating prospects - in the real world, an Iginla in his prime would cost the current Penguins at least two of so their so called untouchable prospects, in addition to other pieces.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
So a guy who has scored an average of 24.5 goals over the past two seasons playing with the two best centers in the world is somehow better than a guy who has average 37.5 playing with Matt Stajan and Olli Jokinen? Care to explain that logic to me?

I bet you ask a fan of any other team in the league and they tell you Iginla is better than Kunitz. Neal had never even scored 30 goals before he played with the Pens. Iginla has scored over 30 for 11 straight seasons and had 28 and 29 (which also eclipsed Neal's career high before the pens).

I could see an argument for Neal by fans who don't understand how important a premier center is, but even attempting to argue for Kunitz is ridiculous. Pascal Dupuis is a better hockey player than Kunitz.

But I forgot, Neal and Kunitz played wing for the 1st line when they picked team Canada right? Or did they even make the team? I can never remember these things...

Old
03-22-2013, 06:59 AM
CheerstoBeers

Iginla would be top 6 on any team and would be a great addition to any team..

People talking like Iginla is a dinosaur and is on the decline. Sure he may be older now but he is only 35, not that old in hockey anymore. I think he has a few more 70 point seasons in him easily. He just had almost 70 last season and almost 90 the season before. I just don't understand the talk that he is done and all washed up. He might not be playing great this season but he has plenty left in the tank imo..

Old
03-22-2013, 07:35 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
And in the space of 15 minutes you've managed to come down from both Kunitz and Neal are better than Iginla, to they're on the same level. Fascinating.

Anyway, it's amusing how you continue to assert that Maatta+1st, which is again for likely the 100th time, the most widely accepted valuation for Iginla's services on both sides, as too much. It's is as if you actually think a 27 year old Jarome Iginla could be had for that little. I mean talk about over rating prospects - in the real world, an Iginla in his prime would cost the current Penguins at least two of so their so called untouchable prospects, in addition to other pieces.
For a signed or certain to re-sign Iginla? Most definitely. For a rental I still wouldn't want them giving up that much.

He's a better overall player than Kunitz, though. I don't even know how that's debatable and I'm a huge fan of Kunitz.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:37 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
So a guy who has scored an average of 24.5 goals over the past two seasons playing with the two best centers in the world is somehow better than a guy who has average 37.5 playing with Matt Stajan and Olli Jokinen? Care to explain that logic to me?

I bet you ask a fan of any other team in the league and they tell you Iginla is better than Kunitz. Neal had never even scored 30 goals before he played with the Pens. Iginla has scored over 30 for 11 straight seasons and had 28 and 29 (which also eclipsed Neal's career high before the pens).

I could see an argument for Neal by fans who don't understand how important a premier center is, but even attempting to argue for Kunitz is ridiculous. Pascal Dupuis is a better hockey player than Kunitz.
I agree with you on Iginla but let's not make an equally ridiculous statement in the opposite direction.

Quote:
But I forgot, Neal and Kunitz played wing for the 1st line when they picked team Canada right? Or did they even make the team? I can never remember these things...
Meh, poor argument. Lots of good players didn't make Team Canada and I don't think they picked the lines in descending order of who was best to worst. But again, I agree that Iggy is a better overall hockey player than Kunitz.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Shoofyou10

Those arguing Iggy isn't still a great player and wouldn't be top 6 on the Pens are crazy. Even at 35 Iggy brings a ton to a team. The problem as others have said, is that he is a straight rental. If you knew you could resign him for 2 more years then he has a ton more value. Shero is a smart guy. I'm sure he would give a fair price for Iggy but he isn't going to overpay for a rental at this point. I'm hoping that the Pens do get him but I think Shero only does it if makes sense. Giving one of our top defensive prospects and a 1st seems fair to me (throw in TK too if you like).

Old
03-22-2013, 08:20 AM
mich25

Personally I think the best fit and most seamless transition for Jarome Iginla would be with Bruins. The decision on where to go if he goes will probably ultimately be Iginla's. The Bruins style is a perfect fit for Iginla, they play a North-South game, attack the net, cycle the puck, and forecheck. Penguins play more of the European style of hockey. Iginla is not a dangler.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:26 AM
Kranix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Personally I think the best fit and most seamless transition for Jarome Iginla would be with Bruins. The decision on where to go if he goes will probably ultimately be Iginla's. The Bruins style is a perfect fit for Iginla, they play a North-South game, attack the net, cycle the puck, and forecheck. Penguins play more of the European style of hockey. Iginla is not a dangler.
I think the Penguins play a pretty north-south game. In the offensive zone they cycle it maybe more than the bruins. Iginla was always the king of cycling. Usually cycling by himself out of the corner.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:26 AM
tantalum

Obviously Iginla is on the downside of his career but not counting this year the worst season from Iginla was better than the best season from kunitz. Kunitz is a 60 point player playing with two of the best centers in the world. Iginla has never dipped below 67 points while playing with, well, nobody even close to his calibre let alone best in the world.

And let's not pretend Kuntiz isn't well over 30 as well..

Kunitz is having a fantastic year no doubt but to place him ahead of Iginla is certainly a head scratcher.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:51 AM
GermanTitov

Depres + Pouliout + 1st +2nd +3rd +4th fair?

Old
03-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Don't forget David Moss!

Old
03-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanTitov View Post
no wai you get that deal done without including the 5th, 6th and 7th.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:58 AM
DBU
Stars

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanTitov View Post
Where's Bennett?

Old
03-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Shoofyou10

Quote:
I don't disagree that Boston's system fits Iggy well. But you are dead wrong about the Pens system. Bylsma wants to go North-South and forecheck as well. They like to get the puck down low and cycle as well. Malkin dangles because he can but no one else really plays a European style and that's not what Bylsma wants.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:07 AM
CorsiCounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajicz View Post
Neal is better than Iginla, but wouldn't really be sure about Kunitz...
I find a lot of similarities between Jarome and Neal's offensive games. Kunitz right now is better for Crosby then Iginla.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:14 AM
GermanTitov

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Where's Bennett?

sorry i didnt know the price just went up to two roster players.

Depres + Bennett + Puoliout + All 2013 Draft picks.

or

Letang + Bennett + Maatta + All 2013 Draft picks.

or

Letang + Depres + Maatta + All 2013 Draft Picks.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Pens are not a European style team. I can understand why you'd think that from watching Crosby or Malkin highlights but the team is coached by a former grinder that likes a North-South and forecheck etc. system. Crosby actually likes to play along the boards like a grinder a lot of the time. Regardless, I think Iginla still has the wheels to play with Crosby or Malkin no matter what the system is.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:21 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
i am an oilers fan and to say kunitz is anywhere near iginla is insane, iginla @ 50 will be better than kunitz in his prime.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Hemsky4PM

Pittsburgh might go:

Joseph Morrow or Olli Maatta
Beau Bennett
1st rounder 2013
4th round 2014 (becomes 3rd if Pens make 2013 finals)

Jarome Iginla
Anton Babchuk

???

If Pitt won the Cup, Jarome would return to Calgary on a 1 year deal next year.

Closed Thread