HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Speculation/Be a GM Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Were I the GM in a perfect world, I'd move Gaborik in a three way trade for Vanek.

I'd address depth by bringing in either Mats Zuccarello or Greg Carey.

End up trotting out

Vanek-Stepan-Callahan
Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Miller-Carey/Zuccarello
Powe-Halpern-Boyle

Boyle on the right wing allows him to try more of those power moves to the net, which are just about all he can do right now.
My ideal moves:

Gaborik to LA for Clifford + Williams + Forbort

Pyatt to PHX for 3rd '13 + 3rd '14

Boyle + Bourque + Powe for Stafford + Gerbe

New line-up

Williams-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-Callahan
Stafford-Miller-Clifford
Gerbe-Halpern-Asham/Haley

Kreider to the AHL to dominate and work on his overall game for the rest of the season or until there is an injury

Old
03-22-2013, 09:56 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

So, Kings are scouting the Rangers and the Rangers have been scouting the Kings. Interest in Gaborik?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
So, Kings are scouting the Rangers and the Rangers have been scouting the Kings. Interest in Gaborik?
I hope so. Clifford please.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post

Yes. But there should be at least 3 more players on that list who can score a few goals no?
There should be. And the players they added should be, but they're not. Pyatt had 9 goals last year. Boyle had 11 goals last year. Asham had 5 goals last year. Powe had 6 goals last year. Halpern had 4 goals last year.

So they added guys who should be able to "score a few goals". That's why I think it's too simple to say they were poorly constructed and lack secondary scoring. If the bottom six was doing what they do in an average year, and the Gaborik and Richards were doing even half of what they can, scoring wouldn't be an issue.

03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Is Coyotes’ Yandle on the block?

Now that Oliver Ekman-Larsson has his six-year, $33 million deal, is Phoenix Coyotes defenceman Keith Yandle available? The answer is, yes, but not in a fire sale.

The belief is that the Coyotes are at their league-imposed salary ceiling, but they’re not being forced to dump salary. They’d trade Yandle — not because of money — but because the Coyotes’ offence is so weak even coach Dave Tippett’s defensive style can’t support an offence that was recently shutout three games in a row.

So any Yandle deal would be like the Colorado-St. Louis deal of two years ago, when Chris Stewart, Kevin Shattenkirk and a second round choice (Ty Rattie) went to the Blues, while the Avalanche got Erik Johnson, Jay McClement and a first-round pick. Salary coming and going would have to be nearly equal for Phoenix, and so would relative value of the players.

An easier acquisition from Phoenix would be Steve Sullivan — he’s been a bust there with just five goals, scoring in just three of 27 ‘Yotes games.

Yandle for Gaborik?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/s...tion-heats-up/

Old
03-22-2013, 10:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

LA has Clifford with Fraser and Penner. Stoll with Lewis and King. Kopitar with Brown and Williams. Richards with Carter and Tofolli. Voynov is a group II w/no arb rights. The Rangers would probably have to take Williams to make the dollars work. Voynov would be a very good get. Righty D. Williams is signed for two more years. The last season has a lower salary so the Rangers could swap him if they wanted.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I don't think we have the pieces to swing that kind of deal for Yandle. Don't see how we could offer a EJ-style deal without giving up Hagelin, Miller, or Kreider. The guy is offensive gold from the blue line, but he's got some pretty big holes in his defensive game.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Yandle is signed for three more years. Something like $16M combined. Too much. Boston covets Yandle. Three way. Boston sends assets to the Rangers.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
LA has Clifford with Fraser and Penner. Stoll with Lewis and King. Kopitar with Brown and Williams. Richards with Carter and Tofolli. Voynov is a group II w/no arb rights. The Rangers would probably have to take Williams to make the dollars work. Voynov would be a very good get. Righty D. Williams is signed for two more years. The last season has a lower salary so the Rangers could swap him if they wanted.
Would be thrilled with Voynov and Williams for Gaborik. Can't see the Kings dealing Voynov though. Great, great player.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

If im the GM of the Rangers i'd fire myself and go fishing.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Would be thrilled with Voynov and Williams for Gaborik. Can't see the Kings dealing Voynov though. Great, great player.
yea I mean that's a no brainer to me, Voynov is really good.

La would have to want someone like Stralman back though no?

It could be a real nice fit for the Rangers if they are willing to move Voynov but I doubt it. Also Williams can score, I have seen some people down on that name but he's a top 6 winger

Old
03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Hopefully something becomes of these rumors. The last two trade deadlines were a snooze fest league wide and on our part. All that waiting just to get John ****ing Scott.

03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Hopefully something becomes of these rumors. The last two trade deadlines were a snooze fest league wide and on our part. All that waiting just to get John ****ing Scott.
You be quite, Bon Scott was amazing...

Old
03-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Dorado*

Parros

Old
03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Not sure they would want to give Voynov for Gaborik straight up, let along add Williams who has good chemistry with Kopitar.

Quote:
I don't think we have the pieces to swing that kind of deal for Yandle. Don't see how we could offer a EJ-style deal without giving up Hagelin, Miller, or Kreider. The guy is offensive gold from the blue line, but he's got some pretty big holes in his defensive game.
I am not sure the Rangers would have to add too much. The Coyotes need offense. Gaborik helps quite a bit there.

Quote:
Yandle is signed for three more years. Something like $16M combined. Too much. Boston covets Yandle. Three way. Boston sends assets to the Rangers.
Not sure who Boston would send.

Quote:
Agreed.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
i wouldnt mind Fraser, Clifford, Penner or Williams at the deadline for depth..... Id love Kopitar and Brown but thats just a dream.. on defense they are hurting but i wouldnt mind Matt Greene although he is currently on injured reserve... Rangers need a nasty dman a mentor for McIlrath in the future.... i wonder if Barret Jackman is available. Rangers been linked to him before.

Jackman Oshie and mid forward prospect
for Gaborik and Boyle???

id love Backes but doubt he is avaiable...

Old
03-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
doesnt Sather do that whenever he isnt being interviewed

Old
03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
I would give a lot for a guy like Voynov. Would definitely do something around Gaborik for him.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:34 AM
JD123

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Yes please!

Old
03-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Ranger_Engineer
ordo ab chao

If LA is unwilling to add Voynov to a deal for Gaborik, how about adding the rights to Bud Holloway?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11620

Holloway has obvious value, as he has done well in both the AHL and the SEL, but he may not play for the Kings. He wants a shot at the NHL:

http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2...taketwo07.html

Holloway is a right-handed shot. The Seattle Times reports that he's a LW although Skelleftea lists him as a RW. Maybe he can play both sides?

He has been running the point on the PP for Skelleftea.

From watching Lindberg this season, I'm sure the Rangers are aware of Holloway's skills.

Clifford, Holloway, Muzzin/Forbort with picks for balance?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:35 AM
JD123

[QUOTE=JD123;62168741]Yes please! Slats you need your rest after surgery. Take a permanent leave from the organization.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_Engineer View Post
If LA is unwilling to add Voynov to a deal for Gaborik, how about adding the rights to Bud Holloway?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11620

Holloway has obvious value, as he has done well in both the AHL and the SEL, but he may not play for the Kings. He wants a shot at the NHL:

http://seattletimes.com/html/take2/2...taketwo07.html

Holloway is a right-handed shot. The Seattle Times reports that he's a LW although Skelleftea lists him as a RW. Maybe he can play both sides?

He has been running the point on the PP for Skelleftea.

From watching Lindberg this season, I'm sure the Rangers are aware of Holloway's skills.

Clifford, Holloway, Muzzin/Forbort with picks for balance?
he seems like another Newbury type player, very good AHL player but doubt he does much at the NHL level. if he was good, the Kings would have called him up to play in one game...so far 0 games in the NHL

Old
03-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
he seems like another Newbury type player, very good AHL player but doubt he does much at the NHL level. if he was good, the Kings would have called him up to play in one game...so far 0 games in the NHL
Are you saying you wouldn't love a Newbury-type player coming back for Gaborik?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Old
03-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Mikos87

To NYR:

Kassian
Tanev
Raymond
2nd.

To Van:

Gaborik
Bickel
Ferrerio

To SJ:
Stralman
Pyatt
Raymond
Van 2nd.

To NYR:
Boyle
Wingels

Old
03-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Both he and Oscar Moller bolted for Europe the season the team was looking to make call-ups from the AHL. In their absence Dwight King and Jordan Nolan were brought up instead and ended up serving as great depth players in the playoff run.

Moller and Holoway have become rather irrelevant at this point. They have both been passed over on the depth chart and hardly even talked about by Kings fans or by the organization when discussing the future of the team going forward.

They really missed the boat since they probably would have been the first call-ups had they stayed that season.

Closed Thread