HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 09:29 AM
  #251
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Never go full homer? Is that not what Calgary fans are doing everytime they speak of their face of their franchise? They vision him as the 27 year old stud, not a 35 year old that is shades of himself. He isn't arguably better than Neal or Kunitz in my mind.

Sorry, I don't go gaga over Iggy. He is good, but don't fool yourself into thinking he is still a super star. He isn't.

Iggy is no better than Neal or Kunitz IMO. He is on the same level now.

Iginla scored 30+ goals last year with Cammalleri as his center...

Kunitz scored 23 in 66 games playing with Malkin...

Iginla is a far superior player to Kunitz.

Like someone else stated, the only other winger that you guys have that compares to Iginla is Neal.

TylerSVT* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:30 AM
  #252
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Pittsburgh might go:

Joseph Morrow or Olli Maatta
Beau Bennett
1st rounder 2013
4th round 2014 (becomes 3rd if Pens make 2013 finals)


Jarome Iginla
Anton Babchuk

???

If Pitt won the Cup, Jarome would return to Calgary on a 1 year deal next year.
No, they wouldn't. And every single Iginla thread so far has been full of Pens fans saying that they would not include Morrow OR Bennett, let alone potentially both.

Shero is also not interested in trading Bennett, so he should prob be left out of proposals: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#axzz2OHMPMjwz

Quote:
General managers recently have been informed Bennett is not available on the trade market — also a sign he has won over Penguins management.

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:34 AM
  #253
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
Personally I think the best fit and most seamless transition for Jarome Iginla would be with Bruins. The decision on where to go if he goes will probably ultimately be Iginla's. The Bruins style is a perfect fit for Iginla, they play a North-South game, attack the net, cycle the puck, and forecheck. Penguins play more of the European style of hockey. Iginla is not a dangler.
Iggy can dangle the puck and beat guys 1-1. He also is a deft playmaker.

I'm struggling to think of any player in the league who has a better toe drag than Iggy. He is unreal with that move.

So Iggy may not be a dangler like say, Datsyuk, but he can dangle the puck.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
  #254
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM View Post
Pittsburgh might go:

Joseph Morrow or Olli Maatta
Beau Bennett
1st rounder 2013
4th round 2014 (becomes 3rd if Pens make 2013 finals)


Jarome Iginla
Anton Babchuk

???

If Pitt won the Cup, Jarome would return to Calgary on a 1 year deal next year.
Pens won't deal Bennett. I'm 100% sure of that. Maatta and a 1st can certainly be had in the right deal. I'm not sure about Morrow. I think he's the most talented Pens prospect and I doubt they'd move him but that might be what it cost to get Iginla if the bidding war really escalates. I don't think Shero wants Iggy so bad that he would part with Morrow but only he knows for sure.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:39 AM
  #255
SaturdayNightSlegr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pittsburgh suburbs
Country: United States
Posts: 403
vCash: 500
Just chiming in as a Pens fan. I think Iginla is a better hockey player than Neal and Kunitz right now. Too many stat watchers out there. Neal doesn't do much when he's not scoring. Kunitz is having a crazy year but like someone said his best season is the same a Iginla's worst.

Iginla has done (and does) so much with so little in Calgary. As a Pens fan I don't want to give up any roster players for him, but at the same time I'd hate to have him go to another East contender. He'll definitely require at least our 2013 first and our best D prospect (Morrow), esp. if we get into a bidding war with Boston. Bennett is out of the question since we have no other top-6 quality young scoring wingers.

SaturdayNightSlegr is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:42 AM
  #256
SidsBackhand
Registered User
 
SidsBackhand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Steel City
Country: United States
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Crosby looked the most dangerous with Hossa, who is well known for his playmaking skills.

Crosby thrives on the give and go, which is exactly why Stempniak is a better fit than Dupuis.
Crosby looked more dangerous with Dupuis and Kunitz when he was on his "assault on the National Hockey League" before the concussion problems.

SidsBackhand is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
  #257
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins
 
Trafalgar Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsHockey74 View Post
Thats way too much coming from Boston...I'd do Peverley and a pick, but definitely not Peverley, one of our top prospects AND a first...Thats just crazy.
That's a fair value deal... Keep in mind you guys gave up Colborne+a 1st for Tomas ****ing Kaberle. Iginla>>>>Kaberle.

Trafalgar Law is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:47 AM
  #258
SEALBound
Registered User
 
SEALBound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,278
vCash: 500
Morrow, Bennett, Despres, Harrington, and Pouliot are a big part of the future Penguins team. Not a chance they are traded.

Maatta was rumored to be untouchable as well but I'm not as certain. To be honest I think Sheros offer is gonna be something like TK + Dumoulin + mid prospect + 3rd. Since Iggy controls his fate, is old, an a ufa...his value isn't as high. It just isn't.

Again I anticipate there are gonna be a lot of Flames fans that are gonna be shocked at the actual return.

SEALBound is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:52 AM
  #259
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Neal is better than Iggy. So is Kunitz. That isn't arguably. Stop thinking Iggy is the 27 year old hot shot. He isn't.
Oh good lord.



BigBenSF* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM
  #260
SmellOfVictory
Registered User
 
SmellOfVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,019
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
Crosby looked more dangerous with Dupuis and Kunitz when he was on his "assault on the National Hockey League" before the concussion problems.
Did that have anything at all to do with his linemates? Because the bit that I got to see of him during that period was basically the hockey equivalent of Schwartzenegger in Commando. As long as he had two living linemates to provide a minor distraction to the opponents, it was an entirely one man show.

SmellOfVictory is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:53 AM
  #261
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidsBackhand View Post
Crosby looked more dangerous with Dupuis and Kunitz when he was on his "assault on the National Hockey League" before the concussion problems.
Crosby has never looked more dangerous than when he played with Hossa. That was during the playoffs when he faced tight checking and shadow coverage every game.

Saying Crosby doesn't work well with creative players is about as wrong as you can get. People are just too used to him playing with pluggers to remember what he and Hossa looked like together.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM
  #262
madmike77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
At this point it's tough to tell what Iginla's talent is because the talent on his line is pretty poor. The best centres the guy has ever had are Craig Conroy and Daymond Langkow, but he has still somehow managed to be a consistent producer throughout his career.

I don't think he's going to bring back a king's ransom - in part because of his age, in part because he will be a UFA at the end of the year. I think the best the Flames can expect is a 1st and a decent, but not top, prospect - and to potentially take a salary dump back (which shouldn't really affect them as they likely won't contend any time soon).

madmike77 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:59 AM
  #263
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Honestly, if the market heats up enough... I could see Feaster and Shero discussing Morrow. I'd be surprised if they weren't, considering Calgary's probably had looooong looks at him in Portland while Wotherspoon and Baertschi were / are there.

I'm not saying Morrow would be traded at all... but I don't think he's as untouchable as Pens fans are making him out to be. I would bet Feaster has sniffed around there. If Calgary offers the right package, and Pittsburgh wants the Cup, you never know. Besides, Morrow is still a prospect; he's not an NHL player yet. That's the risk you take with prospects. But if there is one surety in all this, it's that Iginla is an impact NHL player and is as safe as a bet you can get when making a serious run at the Cup.

Ice Cream Man is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:09 AM
  #264
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.
 
Dying Alive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Ireland
Posts: 6,962
vCash: 500
Part of the reasons Pens fans believe Joe Morrow to be untouchable is because Shero himself has referred to him as such. It's not just us having some crazy idea he's going to be the best NHL player of all time or something. Last season Shero had a short list of prospects he wasn't willing to deal for a rental at the deadline and Morrow was on it. Seems unlikely that that's changed now that he's a year closer to the NHL. Anything is possible but outside of Bennett he'd be the prospect I'd be most surprised to see included in a deal for a rental, even one of Iginla's caliber.

Dying Alive is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
  #265
pensfansince88
Registered User
 
pensfansince88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 765
vCash: 500
any deal involving bennett is no deal. his low cap hit + only good young offensive prospect + already doing pretty well in the nhl is not worth a rental. i'd be willing to move D prospects that aren't joe morrow and despres and picks.

pensfansince88 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:11 AM
  #266
Shoofyou10
Registered User
 
Shoofyou10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 809
vCash: 500
Bennett is untouchable. Especially for a rental player. I dont Morrow is untouchable but I think there are other good defensive prospects that the Pens would rather part with.

Shoofyou10 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
  #267
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Part of the reasons Pens fans believe Joe Morrow to be untouchable is because Shero himself has referred to him as such. It's not just us having some crazy idea he's going to be the best NHL player of all time or something. Last season Shero had a short list of prospects he wasn't willing to deal for a rental at the deadline and Morrow was on it. Seems unlikely that that's changed now that he's a year closer to the NHL. Anything is possible but outside of Bennett he'd be the prospect I'd be most surprised to see included in a deal for a rental, even one of Iginla's caliber.
Fair enough. I think Calgary is well familiar with Morrow, and my point was that I would be surprised if Feaster didn't seriously inquire about Morrow if Shero approached him about Iginla.

Ice Cream Man is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
  #268
NUhockey
Roy So Hard
 
NUhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
A note for those who suppose Malcolm Subban would be a trade target, Calgary has a pretty talented young prospect named Jon Gillies between the pipes. Gillies won the Hockey East Rookie of the Year this week, and was named to the All Hockey East first team. The only other freshmen to do this were Paul Kariya and Brian Leetch.

He's listed as a 7.0 D on the website, but his combination of size, poise and quickness make him a legitimate #1 goalie prospect in my opinion. All things considered I think we have no reason to believe the Flames would trade for a goaltending prospect.

NUhockey is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:25 AM
  #269
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate
 
Mo Wanchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Palm Isle
Country: United States
Posts: 1,927
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Fair enough. I think Calgary is well familiar with Morrow, and my point was that I would be surprised if Feaster didn't seriously inquire about Morrow if Shero approached him about Iginla.
Of course he will. Feaster wouldn't be doing his due diligence if he didn't inquire. Although I'm pretty confident Ray Shero wouldn't include him in a deal for Iginla.

Mo Wanchuk is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:26 AM
  #270
madmike77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUhockey View Post
A note for those who suppose Malcolm Subban would be a trade target, Calgary has a pretty talented young prospect named Jon Gillies between the pipes. Gillies won the Hockey East Rookie of the Year this week, and was named to the All Hockey East first team. The only other freshmen to do this were Paul Kariya and Brian Leetch.

He's listed as a 7.0 D on the website, but his combination of size, poise and quickness make him a legitimate #1 goalie prospect in my opinion. All things considered I think we have no reason to believe the Flames would trade for a goaltending prospect.
Yeah the Flames have a couple of decent goalie prospects - Gillies is likely the best now, but Brossoit is decent as well. And they still have Ortio.

That said young goalies are tough to project so it might not be a bad thing to have more. Of course eventually you run into a problem of having no place to play all of them....

madmike77 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:26 AM
  #271
Riptide
Moderator
 
Riptide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Yukon
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerstoBeers View Post
Iginla would be top 6 on any team and would be a great addition to any team..

People talking like Iginla is a dinosaur and is on the decline. Sure he may be older now but he is only 35, not that old in hockey anymore. I think he has a few more 70 point seasons in him easily. He just had almost 70 last season and almost 90 the season before. I just don't understand the talk that he is done and all washed up. He might not be playing great this season but he has plenty left in the tank imo..
There's a big difference between 35 and 33. Also he turns 36 this summer. He might have 1 more 70 pt season, but I doubt he has more than that left. It's not a knock - everyone gets old.

__________________
"It’s not as if Donald Fehr was lying to us, several players said. Rather, it’s as if he has been economical with information, these players believe, not sharing facts these players consider to be vital."
Riptide is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:29 AM
  #272
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,891
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUhockey View Post
A note for those who suppose Malcolm Subban would be a trade target, Calgary has a pretty talented young prospect named Jon Gillies between the pipes. Gillies won the Hockey East Rookie of the Year this week, and was named to the All Hockey East first team. The only other freshmen to do this were Paul Kariya and Brian Leetch.

He's listed as a 7.0 D on the website, but his combination of size, poise and quickness make him a legitimate #1 goalie prospect in my opinion. All things considered I think we have no reason to believe the Flames would trade for a goaltending prospect.
Thisssss for everyone who keeps trying to offer us a goalie prospect. We also have Ramo possibly coming over next year and Broissoit in the pipeline as well. We are more than fine in the G department.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
  #273
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk View Post
Of course he will. Feaster wouldn't be doing his due diligence if he didn't inquire. Although I'm pretty confident Ray Shero wouldn't include him in a deal for Iginla.
I wager to say that if Feaster and Shero have been talking, Morrow's name has come up more times than Pens fans would be comfortable with.

Ice Cream Man is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:40 AM
  #274
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
Honestly, if the market heats up enough... I could see Feaster and Shero discussing Morrow. I'd be surprised if they weren't, considering Calgary's probably had looooong looks at him in Portland while Wotherspoon and Baertschi were / are there.

I'm not saying Morrow would be traded at all... but I don't think he's as untouchable as Pens fans are making him out to be. I would bet Feaster has sniffed around there. If Calgary offers the right package, and Pittsburgh wants the Cup, you never know. Besides, Morrow is still a prospect; he's not an NHL player yet. That's the risk you take with prospects. But if there is one surety in all this, it's that Iginla is an impact NHL player and is as safe as a bet you can get when making a serious run at the Cup.
I guess it's possible. Derrick Pouliot also plays for Portland so I'm sure Calgary is very familiar with him as well. No idea if the Pens are willing to part with either of Morrow or Pouliot but I've always felt if the Pens get Iginla that one of Morrow or Pouliot will be going the other way. That will hurt as a Pens fan but I'm sure it will hurt Flames fans to see Iggy go too.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
  #275
Ice Cream Man
$1 Oysters
 
Ice Cream Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I guess it's possible. Derrick Pouliot also plays for Portland so I'm sure Calgary is very familiar with him as well. No idea if the Pens are willing to part with either of Morrow or Pouliot but I've always felt if the Pens get Iginla that one of Morrow or Pouliot will be going the other way. That will hurt as a Pens fan but I'm sure it will hurt Flames fans to see Iggy go too.
Absolutely, good point. Forgot about Pouliot.

Ice Cream Man is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.