HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 3 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Guilliam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
I think we all know the team is doing well this year and i haven't heard any really out for lunch proposals here.

Clowe could be add for a 2nd for sure and Talbot and Boyle are for sale too if Bergevin wants them he can get them but he's paid to be the gm and i have faith in him so if he considers it's not a good move to trade at the deadline i'm with him.

Me i'd take Clowe and Talbot in place of Moen and White we would add playoffs experience and sandpaper. Clowe would take Lucic on a fight.

Remember Clowe being a playoff beast in the last few years? Talbot being the obscur hero for the pens. Yeah i'll take that please.

We can dream of a stanley cup this year are we nuts?
I just meant that many seem to be expecting a lot of movement and I think Bergevin will be pretty quiet. Every time he speaks to the media he goes about not disrupting his plan for the future even though the team is doing surprisingly well.

Add that to the fact that the standings are very tight so there will be very few sellers and a sh1tload of buyers which means the cost of these acquisitions will probably be higher than we think.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:24 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'd like Boyle out of New York if available. Try to move Moen if possible especially with 3 years left on his deal
Boyle has been brutal this year. If he wasn't so big, he'd be a complete non issue even though he doesn't even use his size effectively. I'll pass on Boyle and his 2 points and zero effort.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:29 AM
LucaGTI

i know we're good for defense...but what do you all think about getting Douglas Murray somehow?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Boyle has been brutal this year. If he wasn't so big, he'd be a complete non issue even though he doesn't even use his size effectively. I'll pass on Boyle and his 2 points and zero effort.
Sums pretty much up Moen's year + 3 years still on contract!!

Old
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Sounds more like Talbot than it does Clowe. Yes Clowe is bigger, but Talbot has a long term contract that's very reasonable, proven agitator and scoring touch able to play all 4 lines if need be while being a top PKiller.

I'd rather have Talbot than Clowe, but I'd LOVE Kopecky, even at $3M depending what Fla would want for him, if he's even available. 2 time Cup winning, versatile forward that is big and has a heavy shot.
I take Clowe or Talbot waaaay before I take Kopecky...He's pretty much just a big body that does nothing with it.

Old
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Once upon a time, Michael Ryder was considered so brutal that he sat in the Press Box watching the Habs lose in the playoffs. Sent packing and became an important piece for the Bruins winning the Cup.

There are countless stories of comeback players. Clowe would not be the make or break impact player in Montreal. He would be an important piece of the puzzle though.

Lucic would shrink in stature a bit and guys like Eller and Gallagher would grow a little taller.

Trade a pick and get him over here.
We don't have a roster spot for him. He's a defensive liability. He tends to take a lot of stupid penalties. He has less goals than Martin Brodeur and his play has flat out sucked this year. Not to mention our biggest weakness this year is probably the PK, so picking up a guy that takes a lot of penalties doesn't seem logical.

I don't deny that players can turn it around, but with about 10 games after the deadline Clowe wouldn't have much time to adapt and contribute.

Also, the Sharks want a good return for him, not just a mid pick, so it would cost us a fair amount to acquire a goal less 4th liner that is struggling and is a UFA. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Have you guys been watching any Sharks games? He's REALLY bad this year. His regression is obvious and I don't think we should upset the chemistry of a top team just to acquire a bottom piece like him.

Sure, if the price is dirt cheap, you make the deal, but from all accounts the Sharks want a late 1st, or a 2nd + prospect. Not worth it if that's the case.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:31 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
You know, it would be smart to figure out what we are ready to give away and what needs that we have.

What I'm ready to give away (not at all costs) and why:

- Travis Moen: Overpriced, looks unmotivated, possibly unhappy to play on a fourth line.
Moen will be a beast in the PO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
we need an enforcer who can play 7-9 mins.
we have boston and TO twice + philly twice
and prust has an injured shoulder, which
can easily be re injured in a fight
I agree with this. Habs should find a beast in fact this weekend. Prust cannot do this alone. Don't be surprised if Bergy trades for a monster this weekend. That is all we need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
I'm loving this discussion. How about you petition the NHL to allow a five line so you can fit the players you want to trade for on the team?
There is no rule against 5 lines. 20 Players are allowed to dress, in any position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikizaz View Post
We need to hop on the Dan Boyle bandwagon. If diaz can't play, he fills in and more. If Diaz can play, he's insurance on the always present "Markov potential INXXRY." Oh and he is also a pretty darn good player.

Boyle- Subban
Markov- Emelin
Gorges- Boullion

Ridiculously sexy. Well the top 3 at least
Diaz may have to be replaced. We will know in one week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Seems about right. If San Jose pays us a 2nd to take '0 goals and less points than Gomez' Ryan Clowe, it would be ok. We might have to send something their way though.
I like your humour more and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'd like Boyle out of New York if available. Try to move Moen if possible especially with 3 years left on his deal
Moen does not move. You will see in the PO why.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
I am definitely in the boat of 'do not want Clowe'. No reason to give up assets for him. There has to be much better targets out there.
Quick, name a few if you are going to throw it out there. Or will you be another person here crying, when our smurfs start dropping like flys.... when things get physical in the playoffs and down the stretch?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:37 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Someone needs to close this thread.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Someone needs to close this thread.
Closing it will just make this discussion reappear in every single thread, but it doesn't deserve it's own topic. However there is already a trade deadline thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Quick, name a few if you are going to throw it out there. Or will you be another person here crying, when our smurfs start dropping like flys.... when things get physical in the playoffs and down the stretch?
I would still take Clowe for very cheap, he still has more upside than a John Scott would, but I don't understand how he's going to protect our "smurfs" when he's slowed down to the point where he doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the game. And there's less fighting in the playoffs unless the series becomes an all out gongshow, the last thing we need is a guy with no self control to force our awful penalty kill to save the day.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Moen and a 2nd for Clowe? I'd do it:

Ryder-Plekanec-Gionta
Pacioretty-Desharnais-GallagherRyder
Bourque-Eller-Galchenyuk
Prust-Dumont/White-Clowe
Armstrong

Markov-Emelin
Gorges-Subban
Tinordi/Boullion/Diaz
Kaberle

Price
Budaj

Old
03-22-2013, 10:51 AM
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Closing it will just make this discussion reappear in every single thread, but it doesn't deserve it's own topic. However there is already a trade deadline thread....
The report is false though...

Old
03-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Go for Talbot and Boyle. That makes for a super solid bottom 6 and you can roll 4 lines all the time.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Madevilz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
Go for Talbot and Boyle. That makes for a super solid bottom 6 and you can roll 4 lines all the time.
Not willing to give youth and picks for UFA pending Boyle.
Talbot could be a nice fit though, but wouldn't overpay.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:06 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Add me to the Talbot crowd. Never liked him, but he'd fit in nicely.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:09 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
Not willing to give youth and picks for UFA pending Boyle.
Talbot could be a nice fit though, but wouldn't overpay.
The most I would give up is either Weber plus a third or Moen plus a third.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
My mistake. Clowe is the player who will guide this team to the Stanley Cup.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Habs

Quote:
My mistake. Clowe is the player who will guide this team to the Stanley Cup.
You need players like Clowe on your cup run, assumed you would know this.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:36 AM
jwolf

Why would San Jose want to trade Dan Boyle? Clowe I understand: he's sucking this year and might need a change of scenery. They're sitting in 8th and Boyle is their #1 defenseman. If they trade him, it would stand to reason that they would want to get better immediately, no?

Am I missing something??

Old
03-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
Why would San Jose want to trade Dan Boyle? Clowe I understand: he's sucking this year and might need a change of scenery. They're sitting in 8th and Boyle is their #1 defenseman. If they trade him, it would stand to reason that would want to get better immediately, no?

Am I missing something??
Yes you are right, he could net a nice return so I think that is the appeal of trading him.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Tuggy

Quote:
You need players like Clowe on your cup run, assumed you would know this.
Players that are broken and can't score? According to Sharks fans he is playing hurt and hasn't scored a goal all season. How is he better than what we have on the roster right now? Why give up futures/assets to acquire such a player?

Talbot would be a much better target if we are going to make a trade.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:44 AM
Habs

Quote:
Players that are broken and can't score? According to Sharks fans he is playing hurt and hasn't scored a goal all season. How is he better than what we have on the roster right now? Why give up futures/assets to acquire such a player?

Talbot would be a much better target if we are going to make a trade.
I guess a change of scenery has never helped anyone.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
SnapVirus

If you get Clowe where da hell do you play him ?

Bourque - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - DD - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Ryder
Prust - White - Moen - Armstrong - Dumont.

-Youre not getting Clowe to play on your fourth line.

The only changes we could make are.

1- Someone to take White's spot. A better faceoff man with experience in the playoff (ex. Talbot).

2- Someone to take Moen's spot. Cauze he sucked all year. Hes not good in PK this season, dont hit and dont fight.

3- Someone to take Tinordi's spot while Diaz is injured. Plus Diaz might be out for another month or so.

The best scenarios are a fourth line centerman and a 6/7th D.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
I take Clowe or Talbot waaaay before I take Kopecky...He's pretty much just a big body that does nothing with it.
He's the 2nd highest scorer on the team (12 8 20), has 2 Cups and can play all 4 lines and is 6'3" and 203lbs. Sounds like a terrible player to me.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:59 AM
MarkersMark*

Talbot and Clowe on the wishlist. Can't have guys like Blunden on the team for the playoffs.

Moen has to go. Completely unmotivated and he has some ugly term left.

Closed Thread