HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

The 2013 NHL Entry Draft

View Poll Results: What type of player should we draft?
Powerforward [Centre/Winger] 10 5.92%
Two-Way Forward 1 0.59%
Playmaking Centre 8 4.73%
Goalscoring Winger 64 37.87%
Defensive-Defenseman 16 9.47%
Offensive-Defenseman 10 5.92%
Two-Way Defenseman 47 27.81%
Goaler 0 0%
Trade our 1st for an upgrade 4 2.37%
Other [Smallish Character Centres] 9 5.33%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 08:08 AM
  #701
Lier X Agerate
Avs and Wolves
 
Lier X Agerate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,273
vCash: 500
I would really like Nick Baptiste at some point in this draft. Great skater, can bury the puck and isn't afraid to hit.

Lier X Agerate is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:28 AM
  #702
GamingGiant
Registered User
 
GamingGiant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
when we win we don't get anywhere, when we lose, we still don't get anywhere
It's a vicious cycle.

GamingGiant is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:44 AM
  #703
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,613
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Just wondering, what's your personal top 15 draft order?
I don't usually do rankings like that, just because I like to be honest and admit that I only see WHL guys live. I don't see OHL, QMJHL, NTDP or European guys, unless I watch them on TV or online.

Sorry.

R S is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:02 AM
  #704
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I don't usually do rankings like that, just because I like to be honest and admit that I only see WHL guys live. I don't see OHL, QMJHL, NTDP or European guys, unless I watch them on TV or online.

Sorry.
How would you rank the WHL, top 15?

That's the league I see the least.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 02:44 PM
  #705
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 23,613
vCash: 4250
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
How would you rank the WHL, top 15?

That's the league I see the least.
Working on my final ranking for that right now. As it stands, it looks something like:

Quote:
1st Round

Seth Jones
Hunter Shinkaruk
Ryan Pulock
Curtis Lazar
Josh Morrissey
Dillon Heatherington
Nic Petan
Morgan Klimchuk

2nd Round

Shea Theodore
Mirco Mueller
Madison Bowey
Oliver Bjorkstrand
Eric Comrie
Tristan Jarry
Eric Roy

R S is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 03:32 PM
  #706
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Working on my final ranking for that right now. As it stands, it looks something like:
Thanks.

Still high on Morrissey, eh?

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:15 PM
  #707
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 50
http://www.thescoutingreport.org/the...non-or-drouin/

S E P H is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:43 PM
  #708
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 50
O M G

http://www.theqmjhl.ca/schedule/show/game/64443

S E P H is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:43 PM
  #709
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
As someone not too familiar with Nurse's game, why all the love I've seen him get on on this board? He seems like at best he'll be in Siemens' mold. Why does this team need another one of those in the 8-15 range? I'd rather take a shot at a talented forward.
i love his potential. he to me is the D man with the most potential after Jones in this draft.
he's big, physical, he has a lot of offensive upside(even though everyone for some reason feels he does not). the main thing with him will be filling out and growing into his body.
people also forget that his uncle by marriage is Donovan McNabb, his mother and father were both really good athletes and his work ethic is pretty good.
i love to see athletes who have family members who were involved in sports and pretty good at it.
those types tend to work out really well when they are highly motivated to live up to the family potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Drouin is seriously reminding me of the run Duchene had leading up to his draft when there was talk of him potentially going #1 and likely top 2.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
  #710
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,443
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Cane here to post this... its become clearer and clearer he's better than mackinnon. This is the plauer the avs should and I think will Draft if tgey get the chance.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:52 PM
  #711
Zandar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
It's really hard to use just stats. How much is the other directly effecting the others production? How many points is coming against weaker competition? Take huberdeau as an example...he's leading the pack for Calder favorites but did you know that all his points prior to the NY game came against the Southeast and non playoff teams? He had ZERO points against Nj, Toronto, NYR, Pitt and other playoff teams before he finally got a secondary assist on a pp goal against NY. How many points for both have come in close games or against tough competition? Stats are tough to go by on the surface.

Zandar is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 06:55 PM
  #712
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Shoys 48-8 with period left to go.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:01 PM
  #713
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,077
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Such a boss. Drouin all the way if Jones is gone.

On a side note, I like that SOG/S stat.

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:03 PM
  #714
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Shoys 48-8 with period left to go.
That is the biggest WOW stat, it's gonna go to the mid 60s.

S E P H is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:19 PM
  #715
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,443
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Cane here to post this... its become clearer and clearer he's better than mackinnon. This is the plauer the avs should and I think will Draft if tgey get the chance.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:24 PM
  #716
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
It's really hard to use just stats. How much is the other directly effecting the others production? How many points is coming against weaker competition? Take huberdeau as an example...he's leading the pack for Calder favorites but did you know that all his points prior to the NY game came against the Southeast and non playoff teams? He had ZERO points against Nj, Toronto, NYR, Pitt and other playoff teams before he finally got a secondary assist on a pp goal against NY. How many points for both have come in close games or against tough competition? Stats are tough to go by on the surface.
while that is true in most cases. take a look at the link seph posted a few posts above yours on the comparison.
those stats tell you a lot.

Quote:
Let’s take a look at the stats.

Nathan Mackinnon – 41GP-21G-38A-69P, +37, 9 Powerplay Goals, 2 Shorthanded Goals, 6 Game Winners & 55% on faceoffs.

Shoots at 15.1% and averages 4.53 shots per game.

In 6 games without Drouin, Mackinnon had 8 goals and 3 assists.


Jonathan Drouin - 39GP-34G-38A-82P, +37, 6 Powerplay Goals, 4 Shorthanded Goals, 4 Game Winners & as a winger, his faceoffs are irrelevant but he is 43% on spot duty.

Shoots at 24.8% and averages 3.5 shots per game.

In 10 games in February without Mackinnon has 10 goals and 16 assists.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:41 PM
  #717
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,946
vCash: 7658
Martin Frk with an 8 point game. Not bad for a guy so lazy.

Bender is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:54 PM
  #718
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Martin Frk with an 8 point game. Not bad for a guy so lazy.
another damn euro Redwing magician
I hate that damn organization and yet i envy the hell out of them.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:59 PM
  #719
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
another damn euro Redwing magician
I hate that damn organization and yet i envy the hell out of them.
Especially considering the fact that a lot of people thought we would draft him, but instead we drafted that guy you've never 'Heard' of.

CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:03 PM
  #720
CalderKing21
Darth Calder
 
CalderKing21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Especially considering the fact that a lot of people thought we would draft him, but instead we drafted that guy you've never 'Heard' of.
yeah but every time we seem to draft a guy who's got a questionable motor they seem to never truly work out for us.
they should flashes and tease but seemingly never fully put it together.

CalderKing21 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
  #721
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
yeah but every time we seem to draft a guy who's got a questionable motor they seem to never truly work out for us.
they should flashes and tease but seemingly never fully put it together.
Yeah but mid 2nd and 3rd round picks are for long shots anyways. Better to go with talent, as long as the guy isn't a total POS. Heard is interesting in his own right but getting bumped off of LE isn't a good sign, especially considering the fact that he had the size to contend at the pro level. I wish Heard would of gotten a look at LW on the Monsters before being sent back to Junior as well.

Frk was expected to go high in the first round before his draft eligible season. I don't remember work ethic being a glaring concern but more of a passing comment from what I read at the time.

Kids are kids too... we'll see though.

I know I wanted the Avs to take a chance on Frk, as it seems like comparing Heard to Simmonds (Pracey's comments) was a bit off the mark, but we'll see...

CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:29 PM
  #722
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,946
vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Yeah but mid 2nd and 3rd round picks are for long shots anyways. Better to go with talent, as long as the guy isn't a total POS. Heard is interesting in his own right but getting bumped off of LE isn't a good sign, especially considering the fact that he had the size to contend at the pro level. I wish Heard would of gotten a look at LW on the Monsters before being sent back to Junior as well.

Frk was expected to go high in the first round before his draft eligible season. I don't remember work ethic being a glaring concern but more of a passing comment from what I read at the time.

Kids are kids too... we'll see though.

I know I wanted the Avs to take a chance on Frk, as it seems like comparing Heard to Simmonds (Pracey's comments) was a bit off the mark, but we'll see...
Still pretty early...Heard is still junior eligible and produced quite well so there is that.

Bender is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:38 PM
  #723
CobraAcesS
Registered User
 
CobraAcesS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 4,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Still pretty early...Heard is still junior eligible and produced quite well so there is that.
I know but it's hard to watch Frk tear it up that much, and not cringe a little. I've still got some hope for Heard, but Wayne Simmonds type potential seems to be far far away for Mr. Heard.

I like this kid, and he was drafted ahead of the guy I wanted in Frk. So I'll just keep my fingers crossed for him, he does have the work ethic and a disgusting ability to lift the puck top shelf in close. Which IMO beyond his physicality will be his best asset in the NHL. His goal highlights are an interesting watch.

CobraAcesS is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:00 PM
  #724
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
another damn euro Redwing magician
I hate that damn organization and yet i envy the hell out of them.
I effin hate the Red Wings, but I also do not deny their development system and I am one of the biggest fans for hockey growing all over the world.

S E P H is online now  
Old
03-23-2013, 05:09 AM
  #725
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 17,854
vCash: 500
Frk still has question marks.

InjuredChoker is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.