HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Targets (Part II)

Old
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
ramstoria

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I wouldn't, especially not at the cost of Demers. Talbot would improve the bottom-6, but that's about it. The Sharks need another Top-6, and he's not a Top-6 player. Personnel wise, our bottom-6 is actually decent, plus I wouldn't really trust Talbot's inflated Philly numbers.

Pretty much. Not reliable at all.
With how bad we've been Talbot could play on our Top 6 right now. But as I posted above, we could definitely roll 3 strong lines with him and getting Pavelski back to the 3rd line.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:37 PM
ChompChomp
My avi is gospel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
According to hockey insider the "Wings are interested in Clowe. Hearing a Filppula-for-Clowe swap is being discussed".

Dont know the credibility of this site. is it a Hockeybuzz 2.0?

regardless, good move or not???
We take it and run very, very fast. The ONLY reason Detroit does (since people are asking why would DET do it) this is because they are high on Clowe despite this season's lack of goals and want the inside track to sign him in the offseason. They could see a Clowe for Filppula swap as a buy low on Clowe. From DET's POV, they probably see that the last four seasons Clowe has put up anywhere from 40 something points to 60 something points and is very physical, a "character" guy. Maybe they also saw that little stint a few years ago when he was trying to be like Holmstrom and they think "hey, we can turn him into Holmstrom full time."

For us it's a short term move in the upgrade with Filppula and long term because I think the Sharks need to move on from Clowe.

For DET, it's a long term move because they may like Clowe (For aforementioned reasons) and can buy low and can probably get him on a multi-year deal on the cheap.

I hope it's true.

Last edited by ChompChomp: 03-21-2013 at 04:45 PM.
ChompChomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:02 PM
chrisclark110

Carolina fans want Clowe and demers and are apparently looking to deal Jokinen and Larose.
They need a PMD and there best one (Faulk) just went down with an MCL sprain.
Clowe for Larose+2nd+Dalpe?
Demers+ late round pick for Jokinen?

Love Demers but he appears to be the odd man out(Ugh, Murray) and probably doesn't want to stay here. Might as well get something out of him.

Desi picks up in the "grit" department

chrisclark110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:16 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisclark110 View Post
Carolina fans want Clowe and demers and are apparently looking to deal Jokinen and Larose.
They need a PMD and there best one (Faulk) just went down with an MCL sprain.
Clowe for Larose+2nd+Dalpe?
Demers+ late round pick for Jokinen?

Love Demers but he appears to be the odd man out(Ugh, Murray) and probably doesn't want to stay here. Might as well get something out of him.

Desi picks up in the "grit" department
Demers and Clowe for their 1st and Jokinen better move IMO.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:17 PM
pappaf2

Any of these proposals involving Demers I'd prefer the sharks ship out Braun instead. I think Demers is the better player to keep.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:24 PM
rideaucrusher21

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...les-nhl-week-9

Another story on the Sharks "re-shaping" their roster. Do these writers know something we don't? Also saw a tweet from Garrioch early that said SJ was one of the most active in talks at the GM meeting. Where there's smoke, there's fire. I'll say there's a 75% chance Clowe and Murray are gone at the deadline, and 50% chance Boyle is gone. There's no way the Sharks are buyers at the deadline, hopefully they'll get some picks/prospects.

IMO Boyle makes the most sense to move. He'll garner the most return because he can help a contender for 2 playoff runs, and the Sharks have a glut of D-men. Hopefully he generates a bidding war.

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:36 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 691
Quote:
According to hockey insider the "Wings are interested in Clowe. Hearing a Filppula-for-Clowe swap is being discussed".

Dont know the credibility of this site. is it a Hockeybuzz 2.0?

regardless, good move or not???
Not much credibility.

However, I'd have to pull the trigger on that move, regardless of whether Flip walks or not. I'm not Flip's biggest fan, but I think he's better than Clowe and more importantly a better fit.

Also, GIANT no to moving Demers. He's got to stay put.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:22 PM
sjshrky27

Id be OK with Murray, Clowe being shipped out, but I think keeping Boyle, and possibily resigning him to another 2-3 years would be ideal.

Hes still a solid top D man, but more importantly- keeping Boyle around to help Demers, Irwin, and other young Sharks players into better D players is key IMO.

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Id be OK with Murray, Clowe being shipped out, but I think keeping Boyle, and possibily resigning him to another 2-3 years would be ideal.

Hes still a solid top D man, but more importantly- keeping Boyle around to help Demers, Irwin, and other young Sharks players into better D players is key IMO.
Boyle still has 1 more year left after this on his current contract, and will be 38 by the time he starts playing on his next contract. If he kept (which I honestly don't want), the Sharks better sign him to 1-year deals max. They can add a NTC/NMC if that's necessary to keep him, but signing him to anything longer than 1-year would be stupid.

Of course, if DW is still GM in a year, your scenario could certainly happen.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:34 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:

He's my favorite Shark and I'd like to see him stick around as well but at some point you have to start stocking up with young assets, especially with how bare the cupboard is right now.

Boyle is a prime candidate to help acquire that. Contenders would pay a premium price for him. He's the best trade piece the Sharks have.

If he does stick around beyond his current contract, it needs to be at a pretty discounted price.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 08:47 PM
lsx

Quote:

Absolutely.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:41 AM
BLONG7

Quote:

What has happened to Clowe guys? Brutal season so far?

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
What has happened to Clowe guys? Brutal season so far?
Playing injured and bad shooting percentage. He was getting some good chances in the last few games before he re-aggravated his shoulder.

03-22-2013, 11:24 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
DW didn't bite on Nash, so I have faith he won't with Gaborik either.

And if Demers gets traded I'm gonna blow a gasket.
He did bite on Nash, we know for fact he offered Pavelski (idiotic by itself) and I'm pretty sure there was something else added in addition to Pavelski in that offer.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Habs fan coming in peace. What are you guys looking for in return for Clowe?

I think the Habs would be looking to move one of our current 4th liners and a 2nd for him. The options are:

Moen- Proven playoff warrior locked up for the next 3 years at 1.5per
White-Young truclulent middle weight with some PK and FO potential
Armstrong-Expiring rental for a playoff push who comes off the books

Or would you guys prefer a prospect along with the 2nd rounder? Leblanc is a former first rounder who looked great until this year, some think the pressure of being the french saviour got to him...

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
He did bite on Nash, we know for fact he offered Pavelski (idiotic by itself) and I'm pretty sure there was something else added in addition to Pavelski in that offer.

Source? I heard many times that Pavelski was the "logical" choice to be traded, but I never read anything that said he was officially part of an offer.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:01 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

I think the Habs would be looking to move one of our current 4th liners and a 2nd for him. The options are:

Or would you guys prefer a prospect along with the 2nd rounder? Leblanc is a former first rounder who looked great until this year, some think the pressure of being the french saviour got to him...
We don't need 4th liners. We need good forward prospects with top-6 potential. So either a 2nd and a good forward prospect or a 1st and a decent forward prospect.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
No we don't. Pretty sure all we had was Kurz speculating.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
sjshrky27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkachuk4MVP View Post
Source? I heard many times that Pavelski was the "logical" choice to be traded, but I never read anything that said he was officially part of an offer.
I recall hearing that the Bluejackets wanted a package for Nash with Couture as the centerpiece.

DW gave them the finger...

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:25 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
No we don't. Pretty sure all we had was Kurz speculating.
It was reported by more than just Kurz, it was about as 'sure' as anything coming out of the Sharks org ever is. Not to say I'm actually sure they offered Pavs, but it wouldn't surprise me and there certainly was smoke.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post

Moen was garbage here...if the Sharks wanted him they would brought him back. The Sharks aren't trading Clowe for crap.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:28 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
It was reported by more than just Kurz, it was about as 'sure' as anything coming out of the Sharks org ever is. Not to say I'm actually sure they offered Pavs, but it wouldn't surprise me and there certainly was smoke.
That was my point. We know the Sharks tried to get Nash and had an offer in, but we don't "know for a fact" that he offered Pavelski.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
ramstoria

Quote:
I'm 99.9% sure that DW came out afterwords and said that there was never an offer between SJ and CBJ because they never got past Couture.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Tkachuk4MVP
24 Years of Fail

Quote:
I recall hearing that the Bluejackets wanted a package for Nash with Couture as the centerpiece.

DW gave them the finger...

Exactly, and I'm not convinced he offered Pavs either. I think he wised up a bit after the Heatley trade.

Tkachuk4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:40 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstoria View Post
I'm 99.9% sure that DW came out afterwords and said that there was never an offer between SJ and CBJ because they never got past Couture.
Yah, sure, but what else is he going to say.

Doug: Hey, I heard Nash is available, what would you be looking for in return from the Sharks?

Howsen: Well, the player that would interest us is Couture.

Doug: Couture is simply not on the table, we could maybe talk about something around Pavelski...

Howsen: We are not interested in Pavelski, call me back when you want to talk about Couture.

Doug: That's not going to happen Scott, let me know if you change your mind.

Is how it likely went. I can't imagine a conversation where Doug inquired about Nash, Howsen asked for Couture, and Doug didn't counter-offer something. Was it Pav's? Probably would be my bet, but we'll never know really.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote