HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dear Homer

Old
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
mailman89

vCash: 500
Dear Homer

No matter what you do or next GM does no moe NTC/NMC! I think they suck then your stuck with player. I know it's a selling point but no one is not tradeable no one.

mailman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 05:58 PM
nuclear reactor

Homer should hire you to negotiate contracts. No NTCs and shave a million off the cap hit. No clue why Homer doesn't do it himself.

nuclear reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

I do agree that some GMs just **** out NTC like they're candy, I don't really think Holmgren himself has done a bad job at handing them out. Only Timonen, Briere, and Hartnell have full NMC/NTC the rest have some type of modifier which still makes them tradeable.

Our situation could be a lot worse, look at Calgary's list.

Philadelphia Ducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
LegionOfDoom91

It's kind of hard not to give better players NTC's. Briere at the time was one of the best free agents on the market. Hartnell's been here for a while now and has been pretty loyal to the franchise. Same with Timonen.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 06:40 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
I do agree that some GMs just **** out NTC like they're candy, I don't really think Holmgren himself has done a bad job at handing them out. Only Timonen, Briere, and Hartnell have full NMC/NTC the rest have some type of modifier which still makes them tradeable.

Our situation could be a lot worse, look at Calgary's list.
Bryzgalov also has a NMC.

03-21-2013, 06:55 PM
mailman89

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuclear reactor View Post
Homer should hire you to negotiate contracts. No NTCs and shave a million off the cap hit. No clue why Homer doesn't do it himself.
Good one I like to try!

mailman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 07:54 PM
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Bryzgalov also has a NMC.
No one would trade for him anyway, so in his case it's moot.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 09:40 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Your complaints should be directed either at the players or at the entire NHL. To begin with, the players want these. I imagine that many players probably would be more willing to sign if one of these are on the table. So if you want a GM to be more stingy with these clauses, you have to also be willing to deal with paying more or potentially losing out on the player you want.

Not to mention that you are complaining about something that has not affected this team (as far as I can tell). Yes Briere has a NTC and there are rumors it may get in the way. But at this point it hasn't. Gagne had one, but waived it. If this is inaccurate, someone correct me, but the Flyers have not had an issue with NTCs that I can remember.

More than that, look at any teams in the NHL. Many have around the same amount of NTC/NMCs as the Flyers.

Let's just look at some of the better run franchises in the league:

Detroit: 7
Chicago: 8
Pitt: 9
Boston: 9

What you are complaining about is senseless.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Giving out NTCs is normal around the league. It's both a money-saver and a display of confidence and gives players a false sense of security.

.... and frankly, if you truly want to move a guy-- it will get done. Perhaps for less than an ideal return, but it will get done. Corporations have ways of making people uncomfortable and then presenting you with a way out.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:18 AM
StoneHands

vCash: 2425
Better teams in the league will always have more NTC/NMC. Guys sign long term with competetive teams because they dont want to play for bad teams and they want to make sure they stay with a good team (see: Carter, Jeff). It's not as much of an issue when a RFA or a home grown guy from a bad team signs long term. They don't mind staying loyal to their team but I'm sure it wouldnt kill them to be traded to a team that can compete so they don't demand a NTC.

StoneHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Rolex

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
.... and frankly, if you truly want to move a guy-- it will get done. Perhaps for less than an ideal return, but it will get done. Corporations have ways of making people uncomfortable and then presenting you with a way out.
Danny Briere?

Rolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
Danny Briere?
Fans wanting to move him and the organization wanting to move him are two different things.

There's nothing to suggest that the Flyers have approached Danny at this point, right? Only speculation as to what he might do if they did.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:16 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Fans wanting to move him and the organization wanting to move him are two different things.

There's nothing to suggest that the Flyers have approached Danny at this point, right? Only speculation as to what he might do if they did.
And doing bush league stuff to "force" him out is just a terrible idea. Find out where he would want to go, make what deal you can, or buy him out in the summer/or 2014.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
Danny Briere?
Rumor has it that he has been asked to waive and will if the situation suits his family needs, which come first.

There were rumors in the past of this as well, but he refused (allegedly). If the organization really wanted to put the clamps on him to make him uncomfortable, they could. They just have to give him a happy way out while making the current situation uncomfortable.

Right now, I think the Flyers are the type of organization that may ask a player to waive, but due to trying to maintain a particular relationship with the players, are very hesitant to push a player out. Right now, Philadelphia is considered a great place to play, which is attractive to players. Also a family-centric organization.

Ground-zero options are always there-- but with the existence of the amnest clause now-- I highly doubt they would put the screws to Briere. It's not really the organization's way - but it does happen in the NHL from time to time. Often, it is mutual to part ways.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Rumor has it that he has been asked to waive and will if the situation suits his family needs, which come first.

There were rumors in the past of this as well, but he refused (allegedly). If the organization really wanted to put the clamps on him to make him uncomfortable, they could. They just have to give him a happy way out while making the current situation uncomfortable.

Right now, I think the Flyers are the type of organization that may ask a player to waive, but due to trying to maintain a particular relationship with the players, are very hesitant to push a player out. Right now, Philadelphia is considered a great place to play, which is attractive to players. Also a family-centric organization.

Ground-zero options are always there-- but with the existence of the amnest clause now-- I highly doubt they would put the screws to Briere. It's not really the organization's way - but it does happen in the NHL from time to time. Often, it is mutual to part ways.
they have put the clamps down on a player with a NTC in the past. See Simon Gagne. If they want to try and trade Briere they can try and push him and convince him to go to a team that can win a cup. because its not going to happen here this season.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:36 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post

Exactly. Even if he is reluctant to waive (which he may or may not be), at this point there is indication that Briere won't waive. If the deadline comes and goes and he does refuse to waive, that is another story. But complaining about players having these clauses when they haven't been an issue is pointless. If he refuses to waive then we have the FIRST time that has happened with Homer's clauses that he has given out. If you are going to complain about that, then it is clear you are just looking for something to complain about.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
they have put the clamps down on a player with a NTC in the past. See Simon Gagne. If they want to try and trade Briere they can try and push him and convince him to go to a team that can win a cup. because its not going to happen here this season.
That's a good point about Gagne. I had forgotten about that recent move.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Go For It

Quote:

Not doubting you, but who are these rumors from? I don't really remember anyone in the media (local or national) making noise about this.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote