HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Devils acquire RW Matt D'Agostini and 2015 cdtl 7th rd pick for cdtl 4th/5th rnd pick

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 12:09 PM
  #151
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Anyone who thinks D'Agostini has a shot at staying in our top 6 will be greatly dissapointed... that much I can assure you.
And I can assure everyone that you will find the negative in any situation.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:09 PM
  #152
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Anyone who thinks D'Agostini has a shot at staying in our top 6 will be greatly dissapointed... that much I can assure you.
Why?

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
  #153
tycobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Looks like the team is set come playoff time. Hopefully D'Ag sticks on the 2nd line. I am not a fan of Clarkson with Elias.

RW: Kovy, D'Ag, Clarkson
LW: Elias, Poni, Zubrus
C: Zajac, Loki, Henrique

4th line

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
  #154
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Lamoriello is hands down the most active GM this season. Just open your eyes there's just NO trades happening otherwise.

"Oh ungrateful man, what nature did your god give you?"
Lou is active in the "buy low and cross your fingers that player "x" will contribute" departement mostly because a couple of forwards have suffered injuries and our depth is sooooooooooo mediocre that moves like he made are necessary when in reality, other teams just call up a couple of prospects and patch things up instead of moving late round picks.

If Tedenby or Josefson would've been ready to make the jump, Lou wouldn't have to fish via the waiver wire or "sacrifice" picks just to get warm bodies to play in our bottom 6.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:11 PM
  #155
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
We have successfully moved Matteau, Barch, Kostopolous, Sestito, and Pesonen off the postseason roster, while giving up a late pick 2 years from now (someone who won't make an impact untl 2018-20 at the earliest) and still people are upset.

Hilarious

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
  #156
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycobb View Post
Looks like the team is set come playoff time. Hopefully D'Ag sticks on the 2nd line. I am not a fan of Clarkson with Elias.
Ideally we could use a top 6 guy to move Clarky to the third line where he belongs.

My super ideal lines

Kovy - Lokti - D'Ag
Elias - Zajac - Stafford (or someone in that ilk, if not Stafford move Zajac to 3rd line)
Poni - Henrique - Clarkson
CBGB

EDIT: WHERE DO I PUT ZUBRUS!?!

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
  #157
bige14
Registered User
 
bige14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Lou is active in the "buy low and cross your fingers that player "x" will contribute" departement mostly because a couple of forwards have suffered injuries and our depth is sooooooooooo mediocre that moves like he made are necessary when in reality, other teams just call up a couple of prospects and patch things up instead of moving late round picks.

If Tedenby or Josefson would've been ready to make the jump, Lou wouldn't have to fish via the waiver wire or "sacrifice" picks just to get warm bodies to play in our bottom 6.
He's probably going to keep trying it as long as it keeps working. It doesn't always work out, but when it does it has been pretty good. Who would have guessed Carter and Bernier would play this well? Loktionov has looked great for us, etc. If they think D'Agostini will fit in and possibly help us, I'm not going to complain until I see otherwise. The price of that draft pick is hardly a big deal.

bige14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
  #158
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Lou is active in the "buy low and cross your fingers that player "x" will contribute" departement mostly because a couple of forwards have suffered injuries and our depth is sooooooooooo mediocre that moves like he made are necessary when in reality, other teams just call up a couple of prospects and patch things up instead of moving late round picks.

If Tedenby or Josefson would've been ready to make the jump, Lou wouldn't have to fish via the waiver wire or "sacrifice" picks just to get warm bodies to play in our bottom 6.
It's a short season, most of the teams are still in playoffs contention, those out have the upper and will ask for the moon. Come on it's not that hard to understand this.


The kind of blockbuster trade for a top 6 forward you're asking for will not happen this season.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
  #159
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro
 
Officer Rod Farva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Lou is active in the "buy low and cross your fingers that player "x" will contribute" departement mostly because a couple of forwards have suffered injuries and our depth is sooooooooooo mediocre that moves like he made are necessary when in reality, other teams just call up a couple of prospects and patch things up instead of moving late round picks.

If Tedenby or Josefson would've been ready to make the jump, Lou wouldn't have to fish via the waiver wire or "sacrifice" picks just to get warm bodies to play in our bottom 6.

He tried to get Malkin....

Pens weren't selling though

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:14 PM
  #160
njdss4
Logic dictates...
 
njdss4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 3,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
This is why I don't really see another move being made and it is frustrating regarding the defense situation
I want a Voltron deal Poni + Dags + Tallinder + random draft pick for Ryan... what? I can dream, can't I?

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
  #161
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
And I can assure everyone that you will find the negative in any situation.
Yeah, because D'Agostini can't crack the Blues top 9, wich makes him a shoe-in to play alongside Kovy on our top line.

This place is like a comedy club at times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Why?
Because he's not that good and will be relegated to our bottom 6 in no time? Don't you think that if he was really top 6 material, we would've gave just a little more then the dirt cheap return we just gave the Blues?

I'm not saying he's a wortless bag of crap ala Cam Janssen... but there's a middle ground between Janssen and playing consistantly on our 1st line. He's a solid acquisition for depth, I can't say otherwise, I'm just warning everyone to stay calm about throwing him on our top line right off the bat.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
  #162
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Lou is active in the "buy low and cross your fingers that player "x" will contribute" departement mostly because a couple of forwards have suffered injuries and our depth is sooooooooooo mediocre that moves like he made are necessary when in reality, other teams just call up a couple of prospects and patch things up instead of moving late round picks.

If Tedenby or Josefson would've been ready to make the jump, Lou wouldn't have to fish via the waiver wire or "sacrifice" picks just to get warm bodies to play in our bottom 6.
So you would rather draft someone, develop them for 3-5 years, and serve as an injury replacement.

Rather than just trading the same exact pick now, using the acquired proven player for injury replacement, and re-signing him without having to do the work?

Alright then.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
  #163
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
He tried to get Malkin....

Pens weren't selling though
Hate to be that guy. Is there a source?

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:15 PM
  #164
njdss4
Logic dictates...
 
njdss4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Anaheim
Country: United States
Posts: 3,802
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Ideally we could use a top 6 guy to move Clarky to the third line where he belongs.

My super ideal lines

Kovy - Lokti - D'Ag
Elias - Zajac - Stafford (or someone in that ilk, if not Stafford move Zajac to 3rd line)
Poni - Henrique - Clarkson
CBGB

EDIT: WHERE DO I PUT ZUBRUS!?!
Where Stafford is?

njdss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
  #165
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Yeah, because D'Agostini can't crack the Blues top 9, wich makes him a shoe-in to play alongside Kovy on our top line.

This place is like a comedy club at times
You're changing your point.

You said top 6. Last I checked, Kovy doesn't play on both top 6 lines.

Didn't you say Loktionov couldn't center Kovy on the top line? You're wrong a lot. Mostly because of how much you exaggerate the negativiy.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
  #166
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Yeah, because D'Agostini can't crack the Blues top 9, wich makes him a shoe-in to play alongside Kovy on our top line.

This place is like a comedy club at times
To be fair we aren't traditional in our distribution of lines. We balance our top 3 lines as best we can and go from there. If we were top heavy we would see Elias, Lokti, Kovy. But we're not. So it's reasonable to think DAG could see some time with our "top line."

Quote:
Because he's not that good and will be relegated to our bottom 6 in no time? Don't you think that if he was really top 6 material, we would've gave just a little more then the dirt cheap return we just gave the Blues?
Andrei Loktionov.

Quote:
I'm not saying he's a wortless bag of crap ala Cam Janssen... but there's a middle ground between Janssen and playing consistantly on our 1st line. He's a solid acquisition for depth, I can't say otherwise, I'm just warning everyone to stay calm about throwing him on our top line right off the bat.
We are not the Lightning our top line isn't going to be our best players.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
  #167
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Hate to be that guy. Is there a source?
Yeah right here:

http://www.technovelgy.com/graphics/...m-detector.jpg

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
  #168
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
And no Lou doesn't cross his fingers that a player will contribute. They're tracking underachievers and players without room to express themselves. It's not luck, it's called scouting and Conte is da f'ing best. Credit where its due.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
  #169
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
Where Stafford is?
Ziiiiiiiing.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
  #170
tycobb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Yeah, because D'Agostini can't crack the Blues top 9, wich makes him a shoe-in to play alongside Kovy on our top line.

This place is like a comedy club at times
Loki couldn't crack the Kings top 12 and he is playing alongside Kovy.

tycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
  #171
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!
 
ThePSEGPowerPoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 9,572
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Hah!

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:19 PM
  #172
Luke3026
When you're burned..
 
Luke3026's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raritan, NJ
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic0421 View Post
Sent Pesonen down.

So maybe 16.
Ha, they've been recycling that one too.

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
  #173
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro
 
Officer Rod Farva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Hate to be that guy. Is there a source?
hahaha im not good at jokes.

My point was we need an upgrade especially at RW...who else was out there? Guy expects the world to trade every good player to us. It doesnt work like that

Officer Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
  #174
day1devilsfan
Registered User
 
day1devilsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Interwebz of NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Ok for reals how good is he in NHL 13! Because this will determine if Lou did a good job or not!

day1devilsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
  #175
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man
 
Yashintangibles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: At The Bank
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 3,531
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
hahaha im not good at jokes.

My point was we need an upgrade especially at RW...who else was out there? Guy expects the world to trade every good player to us. It doesnt work like that
It was a fine one. I laughed.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.