HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Halpern (Claimed by Montreal)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 12:33 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This thread is starting to make me laugh. Now we are romanticizing Jeff Halpern?

Hes part of the issue with the bottom 6, which is a group that is just kind of there and doesnt do anything particularly well.
My issue is, there are others who I would have rather gotten rid of over Halpern. Not romanticizing. Why move the center?

Old
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Wow.

Unless we're trading for an upgrade at center, this is a joke. Halpern has been a solid 4th line center. Better than Boyle has been.

Old
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I don't give a **** about this move, because Powe is a better version of Halpern. Halpern served no purpose on this roster.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:35 PM
McRanger

Somewhat surprising. I thought Halpern looked fine. Didn't generate much on the offensive side, but I never expected much to begin with.

IMO the fourth line wingers have been much worse. Been much less impressed with Powe.

Old
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKindms View Post
Are you saying Boyle has grit and scoring ability ?
Boyle's scored significantly more than Halpern over the past couple seasons. He's also what, top 10 in the league in hits?

Halpern is like a bug out there. People shrug him off like the midget he is.

Waste of a roster spot. He has speed and faceoff ability. Otherwise he's a complete bum. Good riddance. Clearly there are issues with the bottom 6. Hopefully this is the beginning of the Rangers efforts to fix this.

I liked how the Kreider-Boyle-Miller line played last night. Keep them together. Reboot the 4th line. Try and pry Ott from Buffalo. Get some real tough SOB's.

Old
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
Boyle is better than Halpern. I still propose that Boyle is the 4th line center for this team, both now and in the future. It's not his fault that Torts over plays him. He's much better than Halpern.

Halpern's speed makes people like him, other than that, he brings nothing. We have guys who can take faceoffs. We have guys who can penalty kill. We need guys with grit and we need guys with a little scoring ability (ANY????) on those bottom lines.
He is credited for being a strong defensive player; like Boyle. But he can skate at a high level which gets him into good scoring areas, something BB cannot do. Neither has done anything offensively but Halp has been involved in more good scoring opps. Halp is so much better with the puck it's not even funny in all three zones. He just hasn't been able to finish; like the rest of the team. Boyle isn't even getting good scoring chances. That line had a few last night; but it was JT and CK working together, leaving the black hole to stand and watch.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
My issue is, there are others who I would have rather gotten rid of over Halpern. Not romanticizing. Why move the center?
I wouldnt judge the move until this whole thing plays out. If a week goes by and no subsequent moves have been made, then you have a point

Old
03-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Wow.

Unless we're trading for an upgrade at center, this is a joke. Halpern has been a solid 4th line center. Better than Boyle has been.
That's simply not true and I question how you can come to that opinion by watching the games. Is Boyle anything great? Not at all. But he's fine as a fill-in 3rd line center and a very, very good 4th line center. His defense is great, his PKing is great.

Halpern is completely useless 5-on-5. Completely useless. Powe and Boyle can at least contribute by cycling the puck, etc.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't give a **** about this move, because Powe is a better version of Halpern. Halpern served no purpose on this roster.
I think they both kind of stink, to be honest.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:37 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Very odd move

Old
03-22-2013, 12:37 PM
jniklast

There's absolutely no reason to waive Halpern over Bickel unless you want him claimed or there are some other issues. If they only wanted to clear a roster spot, sending Bickel or Gilroy down would've been the first options.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:38 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I wouldnt judge the move until this whole thing plays out. If a week goes by and no subsequent moves have been made, then you have a point
Very true. I will have to wait and see, I was just hoping for a player like Pyatt, Asham or Powe to be moved considering they will all be here next year as well, ugh.....

Old
03-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I think they both kind of stink, to be honest.
I like Powe's physical game. Other than that, I'd agree. Powe is a solid 4th liner, nothing more. Halpern, though, doesn't have the physical game to be worth a roster spot at this point.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:40 PM
16 To Stanley*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
He is credited for being a strong defensive player; like Boyle. But he can skate at a high level which gets him into good scoring areas, something BB cannot do. Neither has done anything offensively but Halp has been involved in more good scoring opps. Halp is so much better with the puck it's not even funny in all three zones. He just hasn't been able to finish; like the rest of the team. Boyle isn't even getting good scoring chances. That line had a few last night; but it was JT and CK working together, leaving the black hole to stand and watch.
You're so biased watching Boyle. I don't give a **** about skating. Halpern is absolutely garbage. Talk about a black hole offensively. What did the poster above say, he has 4 goals in his last 110 NHL games. He may generate chances, he sure as hell ain't potting them and this isn't just in 25 games this year. We're talking parts of 3 seasons. He's a joke, a waste of a roster spot. Rangers are beginning to right the ship. Good riddance to this bum.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:40 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
That's simply not true and I question how you can come to that opinion by watching the games. Is Boyle anything great? Not at all. But he's fine as a fill-in 3rd line center and a very, very good 4th line center. His defense is great, his PKing is great.

Halpern is completely useless 5-on-5. Completely useless. Powe and Boyle can at least contribute by cycling the puck, etc.
Boyle has not been very good this year. He's been slow and ineffective for the most part.

I like Boyle as a player, but I think Halpern has contributed more thus far this season. He's fast, can win faceoffs, PK, and is one of the few players who can get to the puck after he dumps it in. Halpern isn't more than a 4th line player, but he filled his role.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Only thing I can think of is a trade in the works. No reason to waive Halpern he has actually been on of the more energetic players for us.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
I like Powe's physical game. Other than that, I'd agree. Powe is a solid 4th liner, nothing more. Halpern, though, doesn't have the physical game to be worth a roster spot at this point.
Halpern is better in the dot as well. He also eats up a lot of PK minutes each night. We'll need to replace those minutes somehow.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
haveandare

Can't have Boyle and Halpern centering the bottom 2 lines, at least not the way Boyle has been playing this year. Too redundant. I hope to god they put Boyle on the fourth line and get someone with some sort of offensive instinct to center Miller and Kreider. Frankly, I think Miller looks best as a C, but that's just me. Either way, at C or on RW, that third line needs someone who can make scoring a little easier for the rookies. Boyle makes it a little harder IMO. He's a fine defensive center, but with Richards completely lost, the team needs a 3C that can contribute to some goals.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:49 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

I thought Halpern was doing his job. Can't understand why he is gone. Whatever. Hopefully it means they have an upgrade in the works.

Do you guys think this means Lindberg gets a shot at the lineup right away following the end of the SEL playoffs?

Old
03-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
We now have 4 players that can take faceoffs in Richards, Stepan, Miller and Boyle

So, Miller is 100% staying
This means Boyle has to be on the 4th, so Kreider is likely staying here too

If any of our centers go down, we're ****ed

Has to be a trade

03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Don't like this move.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:53 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
We now have 4 players that can take faceoffs in Richards, Stepan, Miller and Boyle

So, Miller is 100% staying
This means Boyle has to be on the 4th, so Kreider is likely staying here too

If any of our centers go down, we're ****ed

Has to be a trade
Powe is a pretty good face-off guy as well.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

So I guess this means a 4th line of Asham/Powe/Pyatt or Asham/Powe/Boyle if there is not another move made. Personally I would like the 3rd line to be Kreider/Miller/Pyatt and the 4th to be Asham/Powe/Boyle.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I still think we'll be seeing Powe center the fourth line.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:57 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Halpern was winning way too many faceoffs. We don't cotton to that around these here parts.

Closed Thread