HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers/Predators

Old
03-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

vCash: 500
Gaborik + Hrivik/Skjei to NSH for Ellis, Legwand, Hornqvist.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Gaborik + Hrivik/Skjei to NSH for Ellis, Legwand, Hornqvist.
I would at least consider this.

How is McIlrath doing? How does his value compare to Skjei's? I ask because from a stylistic standpoint, we could use a physical d-man in the system more than another offensive guy, but i haven't really kept up with DM's development

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Soundgarden

I thin a lot of people are underestimating Spaling too, he is probably our best defensive forward on a team with nothing but defensive forwards. He'll be part of the core to replace Legwand and Fisher when they retire.

As for the whole proposal it's dreadful. We're basically giving three 1sts for a 30 year old rental. Our best offensive player, our best defensive forward, a top offensive prospect, and a very very very high first. Did you even consider Nashville's needs? Cause you haven't solve any of our problems and have made our team a lot worse.

Last edited by Soundgarden: 03-22-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Mistake
Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post

How is McIlrath doing? How does his value compare to Skjei's? I ask because from a stylistic standpoint, we could use a physical d-man in the system more than another offensive guy, but i haven't really kept up with DM's development
He's developing well. His gap control has improved and he's making better reads and decisions with the puck. Should earn a spot on the roster next fall barring any major setbacks. His value is greater than Skjei not only because he's closer to being NHL ready, but because he brings a nasty presence to the blueline we've been missing for a long time. Skjei projects as a two-way second pairing guy. Great skater, with size and a big shot, but needs consistency.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:52 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He's developing well. His gap control has improved and he's making better reads and decisions with the puck. Should earn a spot on the roster next fall barring any major setbacks. His value is greater than Skjei not only because he's closer to being NHL ready, but because he brings a nasty presence to the blueline we've been missing for a long time. Skjei projects as a two-way second pairing guy. Great skater, with size and a big shot, but needs consistency.
Also the Rangers blue-line is weak on the right side. Girardi is the only right-handed top-4 guy. The Rangers are hoping McIlrath can alleviate that.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:02 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post

Skjei is not an offensive defenseman. He is very mobile, but he's very defense-first.

McIlrath is definitely worth more than Skjei and he's doing well in the AHL, but the organization has invested so much time in him and we need that nasty defenseman too.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Machinehead
Siez and toffnuss!

Pass. It's bad enough I had to endure him on the Rangers. Let's not have him **** up every team I like please?