HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

HF Jets Fantasy Hockey League (Keeper) 2013-14 Season 2

Old
03-18-2013, 12:40 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
So when do we know how many keepers we can have?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:49 AM
sully1410

Keeper limit been updated yet? Pretty sure that's all we'll get for votes lol.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Inflict
Viking

vCash: 500
Looking to move one of Rick Nash, Ovechkin, St. Louis, or Lecavalier for depth (nothing more than two players please). Will be listening to offers all week.

Edit: I am tabling all offers sent to me until next week. I expect to make a decision before April 1st but will let you know if the deal is good enough. If nothing pops up I will send my own trade offers 28th-31st.

Last edited by Inflict: 03-22-2013 at 02:08 AM.
Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:33 AM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Looking to move one of Rick Nash, Ovechkin, St. Louis, or Lecavalier for depth (nothing more than two players please). Will be listening to offers all week.

Edit: I am tabling all offers sent to me until next week. I expect to make a decision before April 1st but will let you know if the deal is good enough. If nothing pops up I will send my own trade offers 28th-31st.
Proposal sent.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:36 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:

If I lose one of my last two matchups, I'll miss the playoffs and I have really good depth to trade to upgrade a keeper (Nash or Ovechkin) for next year. Obviously I'm not tabling anything yet but definitely check with me.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'll update the keepers to 5 later on today since that seems to be the winner, just wanted to see if anyone would toss in another vote haha.

03-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Basalt13

Quote:

I also sent you a offer, not sure I should trade with you tho it doesn't make sense to strengthen ur team before we face eachother in the playoffs lol

Basalt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:12 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt13 View Post
I also sent you a offer, not sure I should trade with you tho it doesn't make sense to strengthen ur team before we face eachother in the playoffs lol
Someones being presumptuous. If I win this week, you have to beat me in Week 10 to make the playoffs. I can't remember who won last time though

Old
03-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Aries56

Quote:

Sent an offer.

To the rest of the you, if the proposal I sent to Inflict doesn't get accepted, a defense man will be available (Sergei Gonchar, Dan Boyle, Cody Franson, Paul Martin). I could use more Keepers, a deal revolving around one could work.

Anyone's up for grabs, some guys just might cost a little more.

(Big Trouba In Little China)

Aries56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
Someones being presumptuous. If I win this week, you have to beat me in Week 10 to make the playoffs. I can't remember who won last time though
I just noticed that the tie breaker is Head2Head matches and not total points like it should be imo. Irregardless I have faith my team will prevail next week :p My team has improved quite a bit since you bested me.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Hammer Slammer

Quote:
I just noticed that the tie breaker is Head2Head matches and not total points like it should be imo. Irregardless I have faith my team will prevail next week :p My team has improved quite a bit since you bested me.
I've never run a fantasy league before. You're welcome to take it over next year if you'd like lol.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:52 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing about my team - I only have 5 guys on my roster from the last time we met (I made a lot of trades). You have a clear edge in net but I'm arguably stronger at F and definitely at D - Bieksa, Phaneuf, Subban, Doughty and Burns.

I really hope I win this week so we can have that one huge matchup to finish the season. Should be fun.

Obviously I'm biased but I prefer head2head as the tie-break just due to the fact we're on a weekly W/L format - it's never about cumulative points. That, and I definitely made long-term deals (trades for slumping players and picking up injured guys) when I had a weak matchup coming - I've been building for Week 10. To be fair, we play each other twice and had we hypothetically been tied after splitting the series (not possible at this point) it'd go to total points.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I've never run a fantasy league before. You're welcome to take it over next year if you'd like lol.
No thanks too much work lol, I just have never played in a league where its not total points that decides tiebreakers, hence my overconfidence, do you know what will happen if I do win this week and next week, and Blue line wins this week, our records will be tied, and our H2H will be tied. Does it then go to points or what?

Old
03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
No thanks too much work lol, I just have never played in a league where its not total points that decides tiebreakers, hence my overconfidence, do you know what will happen if I do win this week and next week, and Blue line wins this week, our records will be tied, and our H2H will be tied. Does it then go to points or what?
The only way we're tied is if I beat you next week (and we either both win or lose this week). In that case I'll have won both our matchups. I guess it's possible you'd lose this week, I'd win this week, then you'd beat me in the final week to tie our records and the head2head matchup but I don't see that happening considering your opponent this week left multiple unfilled roster spots (not just injured guys, he literally benched more players for no reason). In that case, it would be total points as the second tie-breaker and we are reasonably close in that (probably even closer if you somehow lost this week)

See: http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/content...offscustom2010

Old
03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
The only way we're tied is if I beat you next week (and we either both win or lose this week). In that case I'll have won both our matchups. I guess it's possible you'd lose this week, I'd win this week, then you'd beat me in the final week to tie our records and the head2head matchup but I don't see that happening considering your opponent this week left multiple unfilled roster spots (not just injured guys, he literally benched more players for no reason). In that case, it would be total points as the second tie-breaker and we are reasonably close in that (probably even closer if you somehow lost this week)

See: http://games.espn.go.com/fhl/content...offscustom2010
Ya ur right I had it mixed up in my head for some reason, I am just gonna assume both of us win this week, which will leave it to next week which is all that matters, unless Domi's can help me out and make a huge comeback this week which is doubtful

Old
03-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing about my team - I only have 5 guys on my roster from the last time we met (I made a lot of trades). You have a clear edge in net but I'm arguably stronger at F and definitely at D - Bieksa, Phaneuf, Subban, Doughty and Burns.

I really hope I win this week so we can have that one huge matchup to finish the season. Should be fun.

Obviously I'm biased but I prefer head2head as the tie-break just due to the fact we're on a weekly W/L format - it's never about cumulative points. That, and I definitely made long-term deals (trades for slumping players and picking up injured guys) when I had a weak matchup coming - I've been building for Week 10. To be fair, we play each other twice and had we hypothetically been tied after splitting the series (not possible at this point) it'd go to total points.

I agree perceptionly that I have far better Goaltending, you have far better Defense, I would argue my forwards are better but they are close, but stats wise you're goalies have done better then mine stats wise, and my forwards have done better then ur stats wise, either way it will be a interesting week next week.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Hammer Slammer

Apparently I can't edit keeper settings for the current year. Could only do that before the draft. I'll up it to 5 for next season.

Damnit, ESPN.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:11 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Apparently I can't edit keeper settings for the current year. Could only do that before the draft. I'll up it to 5 for next season.

Damnit, ESPN.
Really? That sucks.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:00 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:

Damnit, ESPN.
I'm not sure what you mean. if I go to my team > keepers, it lets me set 5.

Old
03-29-2013, 06:45 PM
sully1410

Well...I'm bored. I'm looking to upgrade my keepers...so no one is safe, for the right price. I went ahead and sent a few of my own out. Don't just decline or ignore...counter.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:36 PM
Basalt13

Intense match going on right now between myself and Blue Line Dekes, fighting for a playoff spot we are both far and away ahead of all other teams in points this week. Unfortunately I am behind, but I think BLD blew their wad on Thursday.

Old
03-30-2013, 10:23 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

I take back what I said about our goaltending. I can't believe both my goalies (Varlamov and Reimer) got shutouts tonight, Lundqvist got a rare night off and Schneider got you negative points before getting pulled 2 minutes in

This is quite the matchup

Old
03-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Basalt13

Quote:
I take back what I said about our goaltending. I can't believe both my goalies (Varlamov and Reimer) got shutouts tonight, Lundqvist got a rare night off and Schneider got you negative points before getting pulled 2 minutes in

This is quite the matchup

Ya I done

I can't believe they both got shutouts either that couple with my goalies last night gave you a 31 point lead. You would still be in the lead otherwise but only but a few points that I could catch up, I don't think I can now unless I get a few hat tricks lol.

For any of the playoff teams I am willing to trade most of my all star team away for Top 20 NHLers to get my Keepers upgraded for next year.

Old
03-31-2013, 12:58 PM
sully1410

Looking to deal Pavelec and one of Duchene, Seguin or Kane for a large upgrade in goaltending.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Basalt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Looking to deal Pavelec and one of Duchene, Seguin or Kane for a large upgrade in goaltending.
Send me a PM who you think you're top 7-8 choices of keepers are and I will likely make you a offer.