HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Scott vs McLaren

Old
03-22-2013, 06:32 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

vCash: 500
Scott vs McLaren

Leaf fans had a thread about Orr jumping Kaleta before the fight was over. I wonder why we didn't immediately see a thread about the Scott/McLaren tilt, which started seconds before Orr ran after Kaleta?

Anyway, nice to see Scott redeem himself after his last showing against McLaren. If I recall correctly, Scott was dinged in their last bout and had to call it off. This time it looks like McLaren was calling for it to end.

Last edited by cardiffgiant: 03-23-2013 at 04:19 PM.
cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Good scrap. Win Scott.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:39 AM
hockeyplaya00
HFBoards Sponsor

Really liked this fight but I feel it ended a little too soon. (Not because it looked like Scott was getting the edge, the back and forth blows were very entertaining to watch)

hockeyplaya00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:52 AM
SenzZen
Do it for Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
Leaf fans had a thread about Orr jumping Kaleta before the fight was over. I wonder why we didn't immediately see a thread about the Scott/McLaren tilt, which started seconds before Orr ran after Kaleta?

Anyway, nice to see Scott redeem himself after his last showing against McLaren. If I recall correctly, Scott was dinged in their last bout and had to call it off. This time it looks like McLaren was calling for it to end.

there

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:55 AM
pigpen65

What the hell is the Leafs announcer counting? 1, 2, 3, 4!!!!!!!!!........ Not matching up to anything in the video. I think he might have been stroking out or something.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:03 AM
SenzZen
Do it for Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen65 View Post
What the hell is the Leafs announcer counting? 1, 2, 3, 4!!!!!!!!!........ Not matching up to anything in the video. I think he might have been stroking out or something.

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Illinihockey

Scott definitely let him off the hook at the end there. Classy move.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:03 AM
Mr Manks
Do it for Rundblad

Good fight Mclaren looked dazed near the end.

Mr Manks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Martini*
Gods Team

Easy win for Scott there. Watching McLaren cry for the refs was just embarrassing. Scott let him off the hook from permanent injury.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Elum

vCash: 583
The way the Leafs announcer made it sound, you would have thought McLaren won.

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
Drop The Mits
KeepCalmCorsi'sWrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Scott definitely let him off the hook at the end there. Classy move.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Easy win for Scott there. Watching McLaren cry for the refs was just embarrassing. Scott let him off the hook from permanent injury.
What??? It looked like both men were gassed at the end there and there was a mutual "lets stop fighting". Win for Scott there but thats a great loss for McLaren. Both men threw some huge punches and ate them. Scott got McLaren twisted up and it was downhill from there. Good fight

Drop The Mits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
The Kid

Bruins fan here...

I love the toughness of the Leafs this year. Love it, love it, love it. A good sign would be to see if they could use it to produce wins, but I'm not sure if that is in their DNA, only because I don't really know the skill set of their big three fighters (if they can play as well). But man, they are a tough team to go out against.

Orr simply doesn't care about rules. At all. Don't get it confused. When he feels like throwing bombs, bombs get thrown.

I gain more and more respect for Scott everyday. I thought he was pretty classy after trashing Thornton with ease. He totally let McLaren off the hook, who looked like he wanted no part of that fight any longer. Very classy move by Scott.

There are many problems fighting someone like Scott, but I think McLaren got caught (distance-wise) in no man's land where Scott didn't have to defend himself and could just throw shots. He is too big and strong to end up there, like Thornton did as well.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop The Mits View Post
What??? It looked like both men were gassed at the end there and there was a mutual "lets stop fighting". Win for Scott there but thats a great loss for McLaren. Both men threw some huge punches and ate them. Scott got McLaren twisted up and it was downhill from there. Good fight
Not a chance. McLaren was signaling to the ref (standing to McLaren's right) to come on over and step in. He was done. You could see it when Scott let go that he was doing so basically as a favor to McLaren, like "I'm done with you". McLaren had something going in the beginning, but it just got away from him. Total respect to McLaren for going with Scott multiple times now, and doing very well. But this one was pretty clear.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Damn, Kaleta got rocked. That won't change the way he plays, though. This isn't his first beating. Every player with his style of play takes their fair share of beatings. It'll catch up to him eventually.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:24 PM
JimLaheyprobert

Good scrap between scott and mclaren. I am a leaf fan and i give this one to scott, to be honest scott should dominate every fight in the nhl because hes 6'9 but he doesn't. Mcalren defiantly looked like he called the refs in at the end, but it could have been because scotts jersey was ripping and he was having trouble holding on. But he also could have called them in because he was in a bad spot and scott was about to pound him, truth is none of us will ever know cuz we weren't on the ice. Overall they traded nice at the beginning and then scott got the slight edge at the end giving him the win.

JimLaheyprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:26 PM
pigpen65

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLaheyprobert View Post
Mcalren defiantly looked like he called the refs in at the end, but it could have been because scotts jersey was ripping and he was having trouble holding on. But he also could have called them in because he was in a bad spot and scott was about to pound him, truth is none of us will ever know cuz we weren't on the ice.
I think everybody knows what it means when a guy getting pounded in the head starts yelling for the ref, aside from Leafs fans apparently.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Phaneuffan3
Beleafer

Win for Scott in a spirited tilt. It looks like McClaren was calling in the refs once Scott twisted him around and Scotts Jersey ripped.

Phaneuffan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Elum

vCash: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaneuffan3 View Post
Win for Scott in a spirited tilt.It looks like McClaren was calling in the refs once Scott twisted him around and Scotts Jersey ripped.
Maybe I watched a different video..didn't look like that at all.

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Ryp37

vCash: 50
Looks more like Scotts jersey ripped giving McLaren even more of a disadvantage which Scott recognized and agreed to stop throwing

Ryp37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Cams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryp37 View Post
Looks more like Scotts jersey ripped giving McLaren even more of a disadvantage which Scott recognized and agreed to stop throwing
And this is the honourable thing to do, and good move on Scott's part. He won this fight.

I'm a Leafs fan, and yes Scott won that fight. Even though pound for pound Scott is a terrible fighter - at least this season. He should easily win almost by default for his size, but unfortunately, that is not even close to being the case.

Last edited by Cams: 03-22-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Cams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:09 PM
TieClark

I'm almost sure McLaren didn't like Scott punching the back of his head/neck area... that's a no no in a hockey fight... necks get broken that way. Scott is classy though, he let the fight end when McLaren was clearly done with that. Loved the start though... both guys throwing bombs.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:26 PM
stingo

Scott redeems himself with a big win.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

McLaren looked like he was going for more entertainment value than strategy, when the latter is what helped him win last time. When you let Scott open it up like that, it usually won't end well - and it didn't. Scott with the win, classy of him to let up too (though I still hate him )

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:11 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

vCash: 860
Scott took this one. Perhaps one of the worst homer play-by-play calls of the year, though. Turn on the video, close your eyes and just listen to the audio. You'd think Scott got destroyed.

Anyways, McLaren was definitely calling for the ref. IMO, he was in a terrible position and knew if the ref didn't come in soon, or Scott wasn't a classy guy, he'd be in trouble. Props to Scott for letting up.

Also, McLaren is a classy fighter. When he KO'd Dizzy, he handled it with class.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:35 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Scott took this one. Perhaps one of the worst homer play-by-play calls of the year, though. Turn on the video, close your eyes and just listen to the audio. You'd think Scott got destroyed.

Anyways, McLaren was definitely calling for the ref. IMO, he was in a terrible position and knew if the ref didn't come in soon, or Scott wasn't a classy guy, he'd be in trouble. Props to Scott for letting up.

Also, McLaren is a classy fighter. When he KO'd Dizzy, he handled it with class.
Joe Bowen is definitely a Leafs fan but he's by far one of the better play by play guys for fans of other teams. I couldn't imagine having to listen to Buffalo's or Boston's play by play guy when the Leafs play them.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote