HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 01:46 PM
tantalum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
Cross Vancouver off the list of possible destinations.

https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/sta...40596710907904
Because GMs never, ever lie or mislead. Especially around deadline time.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
Sorry to say, but it's true. Iggy isn't who he once was. In his prime, he is better than Neal and Kunitz, but now Neal is clearly better, and Kunitz is arguable.
Neal is arguable, Kunitz is so far from being in the same class as Iginla at 35 its not even funny. You put Iginla on Crosby's line and he's giving you 50 goals, plus giving Crosby the space he doesn't have with Kunitz to score 50 of his own. Crosby and Iginla on the same line would likely be the best duo in the league by a long shot.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Ignore all Pens fans who suggest any winger on our roster is better than Iggy. It's complete nonsense. False. Misguided. Stupid. Sad. And painful to read.
Agreed.

So hopefully no one lumps all Pens fans in with that line of thinking.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:55 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
Sorry to say, but it's true. Iggy isn't who he once was. In his prime, he is better than Neal and Kunitz, but now Neal is clearly better, and Kunitz is arguable.
In the best season of his career, Chris Kunitz netted 61 points. The last time Iginla scored LESS than 61 points was in 1998.

James Neal was a 25 goal scorer until he put up 40 next to Malkin. I couldn't be happier to have Neal on the Pens, but I'm not delusional enough to see him as anything more than a one-dimensional sniper.

If you want to argue that Iginla is not a long-term solution because he's 35 years old, that's one thing. But to argue that Neal and Chris friggin' Kunitz are better players is disgusting.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:59 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
No its not...it really really isn't.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Also, in Iggy's prime he didn't even have a center and scored 50+ twice, in his prime, you don't even get to mention guys like Neal and Kunitz in a comparison with him. At 35 you can mention them in a comparison with him, as long as the comparison is about how he is still better than both of them at almost every facet of the game, with the exception of Neal being fairly similar offensively.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:02 PM
LetangInTheSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
Also, in Iggy's prime he didn't even have a center and scored 50+ twice, in his prime, you don't even get to mention guys like Neal and Kunitz in a comparison with him. At 35 you can mention them in a comparison with him, as long as the comparison is about how he is still better than both of them at almost every facet of the game, with the exception of Neal being fairly similar offensively.
Agreed. Several Pens fans, myself included, have rightfully jumped down this person's throat for making such an asinine claim. As crazy as HF can be, I never thought I'd see the day when somebody claimed that Chris Kunitz is better than Jarome Iginla

Old
03-22-2013, 02:17 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
I wouldn't count it out. Morrow and Pouliot could very well be involved in conversations; Calgary is extremely familiar with those two. Maata might the defensive prospect this board wants to give up... but I doubt he's first when it comes to prospects being discussed. Calgary passed him over in the draft, and I see no reason why Feaster wouldn't pursue Morrow and Pouliot hard first.
FTR I sincerely doubt anyone disagreed with you that Feaster would and should bring Morrow up in conversation. All Pens fans are saying is, that they feel similarly confident as you do about Feaster pursuing him, that Shero will not give Morrow up. If it even comes to a trade, someone's confidence might have been misplaced, but it is the only way we'll know.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorstenFrings View Post
FTR I sincerely doubt anyone disagreed with you that Feaster would and should bring Morrow up in conversation. All Pens fans are saying is, that they feel similarly confident as you do about Feaster pursuing him, that Shero will not give Morrow up. If it even comes to a trade, someone's confidence might have been misplaced, but it is the only way we'll know.
Yeah, pretty much. I have no doubt Feaster would push for Morrow or Pouliot, why wouldn't he? But Shero's history is that of a shrewd trader who doesn't overpay and isn't afraid to walk away when he feels like an asking price is too high. With as high as the Pens organization seems to be on Morrow, I just don't see him being dealt for a rental. Any rental. We'll see.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Bengui

Do you think Kunitz and Dupuis' season would make it easier to re-sign Iginla for 3-4 years, now that it's been shown that building chemistry with Crosby will get you a career year ?
If he can stick around on Crosby's wing for a while, develop said chemistry, push for 50 goals and 100 points again and hopefully win another cup, he's a lock for HHOF.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Yeah, pretty much. I have no doubt Feaster would push for Morrow or Pouliot, why wouldn't he? But Shero's history is that of a shrewd trader who doesn't overpay and isn't afraid to walk away when he feels like an asking price is too high. With as high as the Pens organization seems to be on Morrow, I just don't see him being dealt for a rental. Any rental. We'll see.
Yep, just like he would have pushed for Bennett. I personally feel Dumolin will be the dman, Flames have probably had a decent chance to check him out at BC between keeping tabs on Gaudreau and Arnold aswell.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Someone should check if Gillis' pants are on fire.
I LOL'ed at this. I really hope Feaster's pants are on fire too, because if they aren't he's either:

A. A complete tool, or

B. A complete puppet.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Zbynek

James Neal has significantly higher value than Jarome Iginla. He doesn't have the career of Iginla, and probably willl never match it, but I think that's still important to point out here. Iginla coming to Pittsburgh today would never have the chance of ousting James Neal from the top 6, and I don't think Kunitz either.

But yeah, clearly, neither Pens winger is comparable to Jarome Iginla if we look at their careers as a whole.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:32 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Agreed.

So hopefully no one lumps all Pens fans in with that line of thinking.
We don't. Every team has their fan boys. We have them too. Even rational fans sometimes have certain biases. I know I see guys like Glencross and Stempniak as a lot more valuable than they probably are.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:33 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengui View Post
Do you think Kunitz and Dupuis' season would make it easier to re-sign Iginla for 3-4 years, now that it's been shown that building chemistry with Crosby will get you a career year ?
If he can stick around on Crosby's wing for a while, develop said chemistry, push for 50 goals and 100 points again and hopefully win another cup, he's a lock for HHOF.
Iginla's already a lock for HHOF.

But as it has been said, if Iginla feels that Pittsburgh provides him the best opportunity to win a cup, he'll most likely re-sign there.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengui View Post
The current Iginla situation is a travesty. I don't feel he'll return to Calgary next season, you can tell he's feeling down. In order for Calgary to move on they unfortunately need to part ways with Iginla, I still think he's a fantastic player but he just shouldn't be the go to guy anymore, at least not without adding a legitimate, #1C.

Iginla has been my favourite player for 10+ will be very sad to see him go, but it's the only way for Calgary to move on and to give the guy a well deserved opportunity at a championship.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbynek View Post
James Neal has significantly higher value than Jarome Iginla. He doesn't have the career of Iginla, and probably willl never match it, but I think that's still important to point out here. Iginla coming to Pittsburgh today would never have the chance of ousting James Neal from the top 6, and I don't think Kunitz either.

But yeah, clearly, neither Pens winger is comparable to Jarome Iginla if we look at their careers as a whole.
James Neal might have better trade value. To say Kunitz and Neal would be included in the top 6 ahead of him is ridiculous as the vast majority of even Pens fans have said. Are you OC Penguins little brother by chance? I'm wondering if it's a genetic thing...

Old
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Iginla's already a lock for HHOF.

But as it has been said, if Iginla feels that Pittsburgh provides him the best opportunity to win a cup, he'll most likely re-sign there.
I think he meant for this year. I think he would like to reunite with Sutter out in L.A. especially with the re-alignment starting next year.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Zbynek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
James Neal might have better trade value. To say Kunitz and Neal would be included in the top 6 ahead of him is ridiculous as the vast majority of even Pens fans have said. Are you OC Penguins little brother by chance? I'm wondering if it's a genetic thing...
I dunno if you've been watching Chris Kunitz play hockey this season but...

Old
03-22-2013, 02:41 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
I dunno if you've been watching Chris Kunitz play hockey this season but...
Yeah. I'm sure he's finally just hitting his prime right now and we'll see many more seasons like this one.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Zbynek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Yeah. I'm sure he's finally just hitting his prime right now and we'll see many more seasons like this one.
Please note how I said Iginla coming to Pittsburgh today would have no impact on moving Chris Kunitz (or Neal for that matter) from the top 6. Has nothing to do with the rest of either of these players careers.

Chris Kunitz is playing unreal hockey right now. Have to give credit where credit is due. Ironically though, you are correct. In terms of motivation he really is hitting his prime. He's playing the most inspired hockey of his life. He scored a hat trick the night he had strep throat so bad he couldn't even swallow soup. Hasn't missed a game, or a beat.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:51 PM
Master Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
No way he would push neal out. Doubtful kunitz either. Take a look who the NHL 2nd leading scorer is. Hint, hes double the points of iginla

Old
03-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
No way he would push neal out. Doubtful kunitz either. Take a look who the NHL 2nd leading scorer is. Hint, hes double the points of iginla
Yes because you and I couldn't score 25 with Sid bouncing pucks off our fat *****...

Old
03-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Please note how I said Iginla coming to Pittsburgh today would have no impact on moving Chris Kunitz (or Neal for that matter) from the top 6. Has nothing to do with the rest of either of these players careers.

Chris Kunitz is playing unreal hockey right now. Have to give credit where credit is due. Ironically though, you are correct. In terms of motivation he really is hitting his prime. He's playing the most inspired hockey of his life. He scored a hat trick the night he had strep throat so bad he couldn't even swallow soup. Hasn't missed a game, or a beat.
You're right and you put him on Sutter's line instead of Crosby's and he's probably still second in league scoring. Sure he's playing well, would he be even a shadow of this player if he wasn't on Crosby's line, unlikely. The difference between Iginla and Kunitz is Crosby makes Kunitz better not the other way around, you put Iginla with Crosby and not only does Crosby make Iginla a better player, but Iginla makes Crosby a better player by giving him the space to play and the option to shoot, defencemen will give Iginla a whole lot more respect than they give Kunitz which will vastly open up the ice for Crosby.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I think he meant for this year. I think he would like to reunite with Sutter out in L.A. especially with the re-alignment starting next year.
Depends on what Iginla's looking for and which team he feels provides the very best chance to win. Both LA and Pittsburgh are contenders but there is a big difference in styles. The Kings are better defensively while the Penguins are better offensively. And while Iginla may have enjoyed the greatest team success under Sutter's coaching, that style of play isn't conducive to good offensive numbers. Maybe Iginla feels that playing alongside Crosby is the best thing for his career, as he can still win but also put up great offensive numbers at the same time. Plus, Sutter's coaching style has a very short shelf life; it's really only effective for a two or three seasons before the players start tuning it out.

Closed Thread