HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Subban's play since coming back Part 2

Old
03-21-2013, 11:17 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I understand if it was warranted. It's not like he unleashed on PK in the media. But the issue is it shouldn't even have been a penalty in the first place, and if it was, we're talking about a kid that could very well end up being a Norris finalist, so maybe you can cut the kid some slack. It's not like he's been bad.
Even though MT is very fluent in his second language, let's not discount the possibility that he meant "address" when he said rectify.

Plus, because PK lives in the media, socially and mainstream, a little scolding there probably affects him more than others.

groovejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:25 AM
SB164

Everyone's talking about the Desharnais pass (which was sweet), but how about some love for PK's backhand pass to Plekanec right before the Ryder goal?

Around the 0:11 mark

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:27 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Everyone's talking about the Desharnais pass (which was sweet), but how about some love for PK's backhand pass to Plekanec right before the Ryder goal?
PK has been making some really sweet passes lately, no doubt. His hockey IQ has gone to another level this year.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:56 AM
ChikN

Tremendous hockey player, awesome style, powerful and agile. Total package. Give him his 6,5 ASAP

ChikN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:26 AM
GlorifiedMe

Does PK seems a little pissed off here? Any idea why? http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...ed-share-video

GlorifiedMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:08 AM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMe View Post
Does PK seems a little pissed off here? Any idea why? http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/video...ed-share-video
I noticed this too, usually pk is all smiles after a win.

Aceekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:15 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bib View Post
Not that impressed with Therrien telling the media he would "rectify the situation" or whatever he said (concerning PKs decision to go for the hit in OT against Buffalo).

Therrien was trying too hard to be a tough guy. Just deal with that stuff behind the scenes.

Dislike when coaches call players out like that, especially when they're playing well. Was uncalled for.

Anyhow, just some small constructive criticism for MT.
Have you considered the possibility that MT simply needed to "act tough" in front of the Media after a loss, to show he had the situation well in hand.

He said "we will deal with the situation", not "we're going to punish him". For all we know, he had a small talk with PK telling him the penalty was ********, but he shouldn't have tried for the big check in overtime. It's allright kid, don't worry of what I say to the kodaks.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:18 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
PK has been making some really sweet passes lately, no doubt. His hockey IQ has gone to another level this year.
And this will just keep improving his goalscoring ability. I love the fact that Subban is developing his skills on multiple dimensions; he's becoming an unpredictable threat.

Remember Subban's pass to Markov for the 1-timer? You heard right; Markov did a 1-timer based Subban's pass. And it was a beauty that nearly scored. It's nice to know that the opposition cannot shut Subban down simply by dogging him all night the way Subban shut down Ovechkin.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:18 AM
PricePkPatch

Antichambre dedicated their first 6 minutes solely to Subban!! :applaud:

Even befores Les Manchettes, it was 100% the PK Subban Show

Old
03-22-2013, 07:41 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlorifiedMe View Post
Nah, but his swag level is through the roof.

Currently leading all d-men with 9 goals (2 more than the next up) with a lot less games played than everybody.

He's our Lebron.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:06 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Sounds like he is fed up of answering questions about the refs. 3 of 4 questions were about how the ref officiate...

CrAzYNiNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:13 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Just think guys. Not only could Montreal actually compete in the playoffs, Subban could challenge for the Norris. We're not just playing for wins anymore. We are playing for mass trollage.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:05 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Just think guys. Not only could Montreal actually compete in the playoffs, Subban could challenge for the Norris. We're not just playing for wins anymore. We are playing for mass trollage.
TBH, I would consider us Cup contenders at this point, and Subban is a huge part of it.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
TBH, I would consider us Cup contenders at this point, and Subban is a huge part of it.
I wouldn't, too many question marks in the playoffs. The only proven asset in the playoffs is Subban. Markov has been underwhelming in the post season. The veteran leadership the team had in Gill, Cammalleri, Gomez etc is not here any more and I don't expect Price to play like 2010 Halak. That said, this team has much more depth than the ECF one. I only worry about the toughness, I don't think little guys like Gallagher and Desharnais will handle easily the tight defense and checking of the playoffs. This team really needs some big bruising defensive minded Dman.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:55 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
I wouldn't, too many question marks in the playoffs. The only proven asset in the playoffs is Subban. Markov has been underwhelming in the post season. The veteran leadership the team had in Gill, Cammalleri, Gomez etc is not here any more and I don't expect Price to play like 2010 Halak. That said, this team has much more depth than the ECF one. I only worry about the toughness, I don't think little guys like Gallagher and Desharnais will handle easily the tight defense and checking of the playoffs. This team really needs some big bruising defensive minded Dman.
Well said. It's a shame there are only so many few games remaining because Tinordi could have been that guy for us but there's too little time now. Diaz brings a totally different dimension from that but once he returns I think we are pretty set on defense anway.

And to stay on topic yes, Subban elevates his game even more in the playoffs - best player on both sides of the ice against Boston, and then there was his rookie playoff run. That's his environment. Can't wait!

Old
03-22-2013, 10:58 AM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
I disagree. We have 10 players that have at least 20 games of playoff experience including a few guys with Cups. You're also forgetting gionta has been great in the playoffs for us with 15 pts in 17 games in 2010 and 5 points in 7 games against Boston.

Plus a lot of the Bruins lacked playoff experience when they won their Cup, with all the veteran leadership we have I'm sure the young guys will learn quickly.

sharks9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:07 AM
lou4gehrig

So when PK is a finalist for the Norris, will people treat him like franchise D man he is? Seems like alot of fans are easy to criticize him (Buffalo loss) and not him the credit he deserves.

lou4gehrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:14 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
So when PK is a finalist for the Norris, will people treat him like franchise D man he is? Seems like alot of fans are easy to criticize him (Buffalo loss) and not him the credit he deserves.
Maybe if he wins it... But Letang likes his assists.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Alexdaman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
He did have a bad game against Buffalo. But players make mistakes and Subban is young enough to be able to learn and improve his game. If he keeps this up and learns from his mistakes then comeback with a strong game, by the time he's 25years old he will not only be the best D in the league, but the MVP as well.

Alexdaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
JustAHabFan

On PK second goal, I thought he was going to blast it. Very surprise to see him using a wrist shot. His shot selection is improving big time.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
KrejciMVP

PK Subban is playing great hockey. 6 goals 10 assists on the powerplay. Pretty darn good.

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:26 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
He did have a bad game against Buffalo. But players make mistakes
MVPs make mistakes.

I have to wonder if the reason the viewpoint on "great" players is so skewed here is because the last time the Canadiens had a Hart trophy winner, it was Jose Theodore playing unhuman. No goalie has repeated his performance since. It was as close to perfect as you could get. So now if any player is going to be considered for a player award in Montreal they gotta play like Theodore.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:28 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
On PK second goal, I thought he was going to blast it. Very surprise to see him using a wrist shot. His shot selection is improving big time.
The fact that he's becoming unpredictable is what will make him one of the best.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Gotta think the team might have 4 finalists this year

Price - Vezina finalist

Subban - Norris finalist

Gallagher - Calder finalist

Therrien - Jack Adams finalist

Honestly, I don't think any of them will win but it's cool to see the team doing so well and accolades on the horizon

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
Gotta think the team might have 4 finalists this year

Price - Vezina finalist

Subban - Norris finalist

Gallagher - Calder finalist

Therrien - Jack Adams finalist

Honestly, I don't think any of them will win but it's cool to see the team doing so well and accolades on the horizon
Price most definitely won't be a Vezina finalist.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote