HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Master Shake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Yes because you and I couldn't score 25 with Sid bouncing pucks off our fat *****...
I dont think you understand anything about kunitz. Health has been the only thing holding him back. Hes a legit top six forward with a nasty physical game. Hes just banged up alot. He creates alot of offense and space for crosby in return

Old
03-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
No way he would push neal out. Doubtful kunitz either. Take a look who the NHL 2nd leading scorer is. Hint, hes double the points of iginla
You make it sound as though Kunitz has anything at all to do with being second in scoring in the League. Hes Sidney Crosbys Jonathan Cheechoo, nothing more.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Yes because you and I couldn't score 25 with Sid bouncing pucks off our fat *****...
Come on now. That's far from what's going on this year. Playing with Sid is great for anyone but Kunitz is earning his points.

As far as whether Iginla would oust Neal or Kunitz from the top six, it's a moot point and not worth arguing over. He wouldn't be acquired to bump either of those players. He'd likely move Dupuis to the 3rd line unless he found some magical chemistry with Geno instead, and then it would be Bennett. Kunitz and Neal are not moving out of the Pens top six, nor should they.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFinnishStarter View Post
You make it sound as though Kunitz has anything at all to do with being second in scoring in the League. Hes Sidney Crosbys Jonathan Cheechoo, nothing more.
That is complete and utter ********, sir.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Puckgenius*

I still see the Pens as THE team for Jarome cause Sid has proven chemistry with Jarome and they have the assets to trade for him.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
Come on now. That's far from what's going on this year. Playing with Sid is great for anyone but Kunitz is earning his points.

As far as whether Iginla would oust Neal or Kunitz from the top six, it's a moot point and not worth arguing over. He wouldn't be acquired to bump either of those players. He'd likely move Dupuis to the 3rd line unless he found some magical chemistry with Geno instead, and then it would be Bennett. Kunitz and Neal are not moving out of the Pens top six, nor should they.
This,
Kunitz - Crosby - Iginla
Neal - Malkin - Bennet

Would be magical, damn near unstoppable, though I fear Kunitz may lose top line PP time.

I dont know what it looks like currently but I assume it would be this?

Neal - Crosby - Iginla
Malkin - Letang

??

Old
03-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Chris Butler
Feels bad man

Quote:
He isn't Crosby's Cheechoo but Crosby is the reason he's the second leading scorer. Nothing else. When he was on Anaheim, he averaged 0.63ppg but in Pittsburgh, he averaged 0.80ppg when playing with Crosby. He's not a bad player but Crosby's the sole reason he's doing so well.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:06 PM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Is it though? They have very comparable careers and have career years with two very comparable Centers as far as playmaking abilities go.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Is it though? They have very comparable careers and have career years with two very comparable Centers as far as playmaking abilities go.
You are so far it's not even funny. I suggest you just stop and try to save face.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Master Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
I still see the Pens as THE team for Jarome cause Sid has proven chemistry with Jarome and they have the assets to trade for him.
I just do not see the penguins trading much for a rental. Shero does not do those moves

Old
03-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Puckgenius*

Datsyuk was asked awhile back if there was one winger he could play with who would it be and he said Jarome. I would love to see Jarome in Detroit but I dont think the wings need him as much as a shutdown D.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Shake View Post
I dont think you understand anything about kunitz. Health has been the only thing holding him back. Hes a legit top six forward with a nasty physical game. Hes just banged up alot. He creates alot of offense and space for crosby in return
Right, because we get way fewer Pens games in Canada then you do in former soviet republics. Kunitz has played less than 80 games twice in 6 years. It's not health, it's that he isn't as good as Iginla.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
He isn't Crosby's Cheechoo but Crosby is the reason he's the second leading scorer. Nothing else. When he was on Anaheim, he averaged 0.63ppg but in Pittsburgh, he averaged 0.80ppg when playing with Crosby. He's not a bad player but Crosby's the sole reason he's doing so well.
No, no it's not. It's a large portion of why he's the 2nd leading scorer, but it's not the sole reason. That's stupid to think. People have this perception that you can just put anyone next to Crosby and then boom! Instant all-star. Fact is, those players need to be able to keep up with Crosby. That includes having speed, high hockey IQ, skill, etc.

Kunitz is a good hockey player. Crosby just makes him look better than he is, but if you actually watch Kunitz play he makes very smart decisions, gets in the right areas, maintains possession, etc. When you do all that and you're on the ice with Sid, then ya, points will go to your name.

Old
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles78 View Post
You are so far it's not even funny. I suggest you just stop and try to save face.
Are you just in straight denial or do you have anything to prove otherwise? Seems like a fair comparison to me. No one is saying he'll fall off the face of the earth next year, though.

Old
Master Shake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baerstcheese View Post
He was on a trap team in anaheim. Hes been in a defensive system first few years in pitt. Hes been injured a good bit. His game is a very physical one. Hes not going to be cherry picking at lines

Old
03-22-2013, 03:17 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Nah, Cheechoo wasn't a terribly interesting player without Thornton feeding him. Kunitz is a multifaceted contributor who'd be a top 6 forward anywhere.

Now, this isn't to say he'd ever sniff 2nd in points (or even 30th) without a guy like Sid. But you're selling him quite a bit short, here. He's more like a smaller, better skating Hartnell class player (though I'd personally take Hartnell before Kunitz). Big step up from a Cheechoo.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Master Shake

Quote:
Right, because we get way fewer Pens games in Canada then you do in former soviet republics. Kunitz has played less than 80 games twice in 6 years. It's not health, it's that he isn't as good as Iginla.
Kunitz plays banged up. He doesnt sit. Guy is a warrior on the ice. He is a big part of the offense n ways other than goals and assists

Old
03-22-2013, 03:19 PM
Puckgenius*

Pens could fit Jarome on theri roster past this summer, they just have to unload either Dupuis, Cooke or Kennedy this summer. All are UFAs and at least one will be gone because they will get a huge payday. My guess is Dupuis.

Then unload Martin. Hes having a great year and would get a nice return this summer, probably the best return youll ever get for him.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Puckgenius*

If I was Feaster I would ask for B. Sutter straight up. Flames would be stupid not to take this deal if it was offered.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
leafs1habs0
Burn the Boats

A full season of Jarome, Sid, Malkin, Letang and Neal next year?

Yikes.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:24 PM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
If I was Feaster I would ask for B. Sutter straight up. Flames would be stupid not to take this deal if it was offered.
all you'd hear is the sound of Shero hanging up the phone.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
sure they'd take it and run because it's horrible for the Pens.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
It's not an inappropriate comparison.

Cheechoo managed a 28 goal season before Thornton arrived. Likewise, Kunitz put up several solid offensive seasons before setting up beside Crosby. But Thornton turned Cheechoo into a rocket richard winner, until injuries derailed his career. And likewise, Crosby's helped Kunitz move from a solid top-six contributor to managing a pace of over a 100 points in an 82 game season.

But this whole argument is moot, as previously point out. The Pens acquiring Iginla would bump Dupius down, not Kunitz, or Neal.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:26 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Kunitz is good enough to play in the league even if he wasn't playing with a great player. He would probably not score anywhere near as many goals, but he would be in the league and probably score somewhere around 20 goals just like he has always done without Crosby.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Master Shake

Quote:
Pens could fit Jarome on theri roster past this summer, they just have to unload either Dupuis, Cooke or Kennedy this summer. All are UFAs and at least one will be gone because they will get a huge payday. My guess is Dupuis.

Then unload Martin. Hes having a great year and would get a nice return this summer, probably the best return youll ever get for him.
Dupuis is not going anywhere.
Kennedy is gone imo.
Cookes game has been lacking a little but he might stay

Closed Thread