HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian, the Bold and Beautiful

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 04:30 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Where are the Gionta haters?
I'm right here. Though he's played better than I want to give him credit for, I'll admit to that - he's still an overpaid, untalented midget who's a black hole of production on the PP.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I'm right here. Though he's played better than I want to give him credit for, I'll admit to that - he's still an overpaid, untalented midget who's a black hole of production on the PP.
But at the same time he doesn't belong on the pp and that's not his fault it's the coaching staff that needs to make those changes

Old
03-22-2013, 04:33 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Legit question;

Have you ever had an opinion of your own about our players or the NHL in general, or are you genuinely here just to contradict and try to bash those who don't think like you do? I think I have yet to see a single post of you that is completely hockey-related, and not fan-related. Well... minus those pieces of anthology in which you state that Therrien is a bad coach and everything...

Old
03-22-2013, 04:35 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
But at the same time he doesn't belong on the pp and that's not his fault it's the coaching staff that needs to make those changes
I don't disagree. I just don't like the contract/production. I didn't even suggest trading him this year - I'm wary for next season when our "everything goes right" season is over and we go back down to earth a bit. Gionta's gotta step the f up and carry the load a bit more, he's playing with our best centre and getting prime PP minutes.

All that said, I'm not a "hater" as much as I don't like having mediocre midgets of any kind on the team. Bouillon and Gionta are replaceable (in terms of talent, I don't know about their ~leadership~) and average AT BEST at their roles. The Bruins have Chara and we have *** Gionta - it's a joke.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'd trade Bourque for a 7th. Bourque should be bough out before Kaberle! lololololol.

Bunch of dummies.
Well perhaps not bought out but I think if you can get something of value it'd be better to trade Bourque considering his contract length, injury history, inconsistency, etc. Perhaps another Cole for Ryder type trade, Bourque for Clowe? I think Clowe adds a type of net presence and grit that only Prust brings on the team.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:38 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
I don't disagree. I just don't like the contract/production. I didn't even suggest trading him this year - I'm wary for next season when our "everything goes right" season is over and we go back down to earth a bit. Gionta's gotta step the f up and carry the load a bit more, he's playing with our best centre and getting prime PP minutes.

All that said, I'm not a "hater" as much as I don't like having mediocre midgets of any kind on the team. Bouillon and Gionta are replaceable (in terms of talent, I don't know about their ~leadership~) and average AT BEST at their roles. The Bruins have Chara and we have *** Gionta - it's a joke.
Don't EVER speak out your mind about a player on HFBOARDS! This board is not made to display your hockey opinions. Serious business.

As for the user Coldplay; dude, I just read some of your past posts. You defended Scott Gomez. So as you say, "Please". There's a fair margin between being an eternal deluded fan who keeps doing the cheerleader and one who tries to analyse the game.

The fact that Gionta played like a tool in the first 15 games remains. And the fact that he's on the decline and that he's a midget too many is another fact.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:41 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
untalented
Quote:
All that said, I'm not a "hater"
It's amazing what you can find on the Internet.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:43 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well perhaps not bought out but I think if you can get something of value it'd be better to trade Bourque considering his contract length, injury history, inconsistency, etc. Perhaps another Cole for Ryder type trade, Bourque for Clowe? I think Clowe adds a type of net presence and grit that only Prust brings on the team.
Might be a bit too subtle for most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Don't EVER speak out your mind about a player on HFBOARDS! This board is not made to display your hockey opinions. Serious business.
I'm a hater, what can I say?

ps: Paris is cold as balls right now and I regret coming here in this weather. In better news, I'm going out to get drunk around le Marais, legally (!) and with women (!!)

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
It's amazing what you can find on the Internet.
Why do you take quotes out of context? Clearly "hater" implies that I only pick on one player over and over when I'm not only copping to that, but also saying I'm against having average midgets of any kind.

You're not fooling anyone.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I can't remember but I don't think last year they were an aggressive PK team. From what I can remember it was a whole lot of defencemen worrying about the cross crease pass and forwards just trying to block shots from the point allowing Price to worry about the rest.

Just not working as well this year, so it would probably be good to change it up before the playoffs.
I think the forwards were more aggressive in the last couple of years. They forced the quarterbacks to make a really good play in order to get things set up. It kept the opposition unsettled. Actually, the sens PK reminds of the habs last year.

This year, they are more aggressive on teams that dump the puck in with their overload, but it does not lead to a clear often enough. Once the opposition is set up, the forwards look too passive.

There's also Hal Gill, I thought he was a very good PK player 5 on 4 and especially 5 on 3.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:44 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Legit question;

Have you ever had an opinion of your own about our players or the NHL in general, or are you genuinely here just to contradict and try to bash those who don't think like you do? I think I have yet to see a single post of you that is completely hockey-related, and not fan-related. Well... minus those pieces of anthology in which you state that Therrien is a bad coach and everything...
I will let him answer your question.

Andy is not a fan of tough players. He always says that he "loves" Prust but that the Habs dont really need him because we dominated the Islanders and tied the Sabres.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:46 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Might be a bit too subtle for most people.

I'm a hater, what can I say?

ps: Paris is cold as balls right now and I regret coming here in this weather. In better news, I'm going out to get drunk around le Marais, legally (!) and with women (!!)
Congrats on getting drunk with women. I always find that to be more fun than getting drunk with a bunch of guys.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:46 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I will let him answer your question.

Andy is not a fan of tough players. He always says that he "loves" Prust but that the Habs dont really need him because we dominated the Islanders and tied the Sabres.
No, but seriously. Every single time I see him post somewhere, it's about trying to make fans eat some crow, criticize the intelligence level of this board, or laugh at other opinions. I mean... At some point everybody can do that once in a while. But when these are your only contributions, it's kind of sad...

Old
03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

Quote:
Congrats on getting drunk with women. I always find that to be more fun than getting drunk with a bunch of guys.
Where I currently reside it's either get drunk alone, get drunk alone on hfboards or get drunk with guys who you can't understand, who sit in a circle, smoke cigarettes and mindlessly blow it in your face.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Where I currently reside it's either get drunk alone, get drunk alone on hfboards or get drunk with guys who you can't understand, who sit in a circle, smoke cigarettes and mindlessly blow it in your face.
Take some pics of the women while you drink with them, then post the pics. My life is very boring.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:

As for the user Coldplay; dude, I just read some of your past posts. You defended Scott Gomez. So as you say, "Please". There's a fair margin between being an eternal deluded fan who keeps doing the cheerleader and one who tries to analyse the game.

The fact that Gionta played like a tool in the first 15 games remains. And the fact that he's on the decline and that he's a midget too many is another fact.
They (meaning, WhiskeySeven) don't call me "the board's resident fanboy" for nothing. Future signature whenever I get over my cheapness on becoming a sponsor of the boards.

The fact remains that I made it perfectly clear there is a difference between discussing a player and reaching rash conclusions based off insignificant samples and biases like size/toughness (which our players continue to defy as a perceived limitation and/or reason we'll never win anything). And, frankly, unless you've been reading these boards for years, I've seen my fair share of lunacy. Lunacy which I probably have been guilty of in the past too, Scott Gomez aside. It gets really old after a while.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:04 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
They (meaning, WhiskeySeven) don't call me "the board's resident fanboy" for nothing. Future signature whenever I get over my cheapness on becoming a sponsor of the boards.

The fact remains that I made it perfectly clear there is a difference between discussing a player and reaching rash conclusions based off insignificant samples and biases like size/toughness (which our players continue to defy as a perceived limitation and/or reason we'll never win anything). And, frankly, unless you've been reading these boards for years, I've seen my fair share of lunacy. Lunacy which I probably have been guilty of in the past too, Scott Gomez aside. It gets really old after a while.
Without being as tough as the Bruins, you can't hope to win in the playoffs and be a contender night in and night out with as many as 4 players who are 5'8 or under. There's also quite a big difference between wanting to be as tough/big/intimidating as the Bruins, and say, well let's not push our luck, because that's a men's game after all.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:08 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Without being as tough as the Bruins, you can't hope to win in the playoffs and be a contender night in and night out with as many as 4 players who are 5'8 or under. There's also quite a big difference between wanting to be as tough/big/intimidating as the Bruins, and say, well let's not push our luck, because that's a men's game after all.
20-5-5, sup. 1 regulation loss dating back to Feb 9.

So much crow will be eaten if this is actually our year.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:08 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:
Well enjoy the hell out of your trip to Paris. Sounds like you deserve it.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Et le But

Quote:
When getting drunk and posting on hfboards is your best option, you know it's time for a change.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:11 PM
SouthernHab
jak się masz

Quote:

I get what you are saying.

One man's Gomez is another man's Gionta/Desharnais/Boullion/Price/Gorges/Plekanec/etc. though.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think its unfair to single out one player on the PK. The players deserve blame for alot of really weak clearing attempts, but the coaches also deserve blame because their tactics are not working.

Personally, I think our wingers are too passive in the box formation. I favour the high pressure approach especially on the point, and the half boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I can't remember but I don't think last year they were an aggressive PK team. From what I can remember it was a whole lot of defencemen worrying about the cross crease pass and forwards just trying to block shots from the point allowing Price to worry about the rest.

Just not working as well this year, so it would probably be good to change it up before the playoffs.
Considering Gill took up the entire length of our zone, he was a big part of our PK success. Otherwise, my memory is that we weren't overly aggressive but were stronger positionally. Last year's D rarely left men unguarded close in, whereas this year we see opposing forwards sneak in a couple of times a game.

The clearing passes aren't as much an issue on the PK (though it was yesterday) because you'd expect less passes and more straight clearing shots. But yes, our clearing passes on 5-5 need work. All those cute attempts at breakout plays are great, until they're intercepted. But that's probably a product of the new emphasis on longer, aggressive passing and lightning quick transitions. Maybe the occasional screwup in our zone is the trade-off for suddenly becoming a goal-scoring machine.

In both cases, I'll repeat that this is exactly where Raphael Diaz made a difference.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
I get what you are saying.

One man's Gomez is another man's Gionta/Desharnais/Boullion/Price/Gorges/Plekanec/etc. though.
I had good reason to defend Gomez when I first started.

Then, well.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:14 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
20-5-5, sup. 1 regulation loss dating back to Feb 9.

So much crow will be eaten if this is actually our year.
Yeah, like I'm sad about the Habs succeeding. You're funny
Hey, you remember 2008? Did it turn out well? Granted our current team is more complete and better at 5 on 5.

If the Habs win the Cup, I'll gladly eat crow. But as much as this Cup would be worth any other one, you'll have to think that the small players will have been favored by playing in a shortened season. And there's also quite a big difference between reaching the top, and reaching the top to stay there.

Size makes a difference; I don't know why anybody discusses this. It might not be the only factor, but it's one of the multiple factors. And it's not about 20 players over 6'4. It's about not pushing your luck...

Old
03-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Yeah, like I'm sad about the Habs succeeding. You're funny
Hey, you remember 2008? Did it turn out well? Granted our current team is more complete and better at 5 on 5.

If the Habs win the Cup, I'll gladly eat crow. But as much as this Cup would be worth any other one, you'll have to think that the small players will have been favored by playing in a shortened season. And there's also quite a big difference between reaching the top, and reaching the top to stay there.

Size makes a difference; I don't know why anybody discusses this. It might not be the only factor, but it's one of the multiple factors. And it's not about 20 players over 6'4. It's about no pushing your luck...
You're clearly new here! This has been discussed ad nauseum and then ad nauseum again since July 2009.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy

Quote:
You're clearly new here! This has been discussed ad nauseum and then ad nauseum again since July 2009.
I'd bet it was discussed even before.

Once again, there's a difference between asking for a pack of monsters, and being content with 3 players under 5'8 on your top-6, including one who's paid 5M and is getting older and older.

Closed Thread