HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brian, the Bold and Beautiful

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 04:30 PM
  #201
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Where are the Gionta haters?
I'm right here. Though he's played better than I want to give him credit for, I'll admit to that - he's still an overpaid, untalented midget who's a black hole of production on the PP.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:32 PM
  #202
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,282
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I'm right here. Though he's played better than I want to give him credit for, I'll admit to that - he's still an overpaid, untalented midget who's a black hole of production on the PP.
But at the same time he doesn't belong on the pp and that's not his fault it's the coaching staff that needs to make those changes

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:33 PM
  #203
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Legit question;

Have you ever had an opinion of your own about our players or the NHL in general, or are you genuinely here just to contradict and try to bash those who don't think like you do? I think I have yet to see a single post of you that is completely hockey-related, and not fan-related. Well... minus those pieces of anthology in which you state that Therrien is a bad coach and everything...

HiggsBozon is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:35 PM
  #204
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
But at the same time he doesn't belong on the pp and that's not his fault it's the coaching staff that needs to make those changes
I don't disagree. I just don't like the contract/production. I didn't even suggest trading him this year - I'm wary for next season when our "everything goes right" season is over and we go back down to earth a bit. Gionta's gotta step the f up and carry the load a bit more, he's playing with our best centre and getting prime PP minutes.

All that said, I'm not a "hater" as much as I don't like having mediocre midgets of any kind on the team. Bouillon and Gionta are replaceable (in terms of talent, I don't know about their ~leadership~) and average AT BEST at their roles. The Bruins have Chara and we have *** Gionta - it's a joke.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:36 PM
  #205
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I'd trade Bourque for a 7th. Bourque should be bough out before Kaberle! lololololol.

Bunch of dummies.
Well perhaps not bought out but I think if you can get something of value it'd be better to trade Bourque considering his contract length, injury history, inconsistency, etc. Perhaps another Cole for Ryder type trade, Bourque for Clowe? I think Clowe adds a type of net presence and grit that only Prust brings on the team.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:38 PM
  #206
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I don't disagree. I just don't like the contract/production. I didn't even suggest trading him this year - I'm wary for next season when our "everything goes right" season is over and we go back down to earth a bit. Gionta's gotta step the f up and carry the load a bit more, he's playing with our best centre and getting prime PP minutes.

All that said, I'm not a "hater" as much as I don't like having mediocre midgets of any kind on the team. Bouillon and Gionta are replaceable (in terms of talent, I don't know about their ~leadership~) and average AT BEST at their roles. The Bruins have Chara and we have *** Gionta - it's a joke.
Don't EVER speak out your mind about a player on HFBOARDS! This board is not made to display your hockey opinions. Serious business.

As for the user Coldplay; dude, I just read some of your past posts. You defended Scott Gomez. So as you say, "Please". There's a fair margin between being an eternal deluded fan who keeps doing the cheerleader and one who tries to analyse the game.

The fact that Gionta played like a tool in the first 15 games remains. And the fact that he's on the decline and that he's a midget too many is another fact.

HiggsBozon is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:41 PM
  #207
No Team Needed
Registered User
 
No Team Needed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: essex
Posts: 3,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
untalented
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
All that said, I'm not a "hater"
It's amazing what you can find on the Internet.

No Team Needed is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:43 PM
  #208
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well perhaps not bought out but I think if you can get something of value it'd be better to trade Bourque considering his contract length, injury history, inconsistency, etc. Perhaps another Cole for Ryder type trade, Bourque for Clowe? I think Clowe adds a type of net presence and grit that only Prust brings on the team.
Might be a bit too subtle for most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Don't EVER speak out your mind about a player on HFBOARDS! This board is not made to display your hockey opinions. Serious business.
I'm a hater, what can I say?

ps: Paris is cold as balls right now and I regret coming here in this weather. In better news, I'm going out to get drunk around le Marais, legally (!) and with women (!!)

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
It's amazing what you can find on the Internet.
Why do you take quotes out of context? Clearly "hater" implies that I only pick on one player over and over when I'm not only copping to that, but also saying I'm against having average midgets of any kind.

You're not fooling anyone.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:44 PM
  #209
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny
 
Hackett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I can't remember but I don't think last year they were an aggressive PK team. From what I can remember it was a whole lot of defencemen worrying about the cross crease pass and forwards just trying to block shots from the point allowing Price to worry about the rest.

Just not working as well this year, so it would probably be good to change it up before the playoffs.
I think the forwards were more aggressive in the last couple of years. They forced the quarterbacks to make a really good play in order to get things set up. It kept the opposition unsettled. Actually, the sens PK reminds of the habs last year.

This year, they are more aggressive on teams that dump the puck in with their overload, but it does not lead to a clear often enough. Once the opposition is set up, the forwards look too passive.

There's also Hal Gill, I thought he was a very good PK player 5 on 4 and especially 5 on 3.

Hackett is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:44 PM
  #210
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Legit question;

Have you ever had an opinion of your own about our players or the NHL in general, or are you genuinely here just to contradict and try to bash those who don't think like you do? I think I have yet to see a single post of you that is completely hockey-related, and not fan-related. Well... minus those pieces of anthology in which you state that Therrien is a bad coach and everything...
I will let him answer your question.

Andy is not a fan of tough players. He always says that he "loves" Prust but that the Habs dont really need him because we dominated the Islanders and tied the Sabres.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:46 PM
  #211
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Might be a bit too subtle for most people.



I'm a hater, what can I say?

ps: Paris is cold as balls right now and I regret coming here in this weather. In better news, I'm going out to get drunk around le Marais, legally (!) and with women (!!)
Congrats on getting drunk with women. I always find that to be more fun than getting drunk with a bunch of guys.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:46 PM
  #212
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I will let him answer your question.

Andy is not a fan of tough players. He always says that he "loves" Prust but that the Habs dont really need him because we dominated the Islanders and tied the Sabres.
No, but seriously. Every single time I see him post somewhere, it's about trying to make fans eat some crow, criticize the intelligence level of this board, or laugh at other opinions. I mean... At some point everybody can do that once in a while. But when these are your only contributions, it's kind of sad...

HiggsBozon is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
  #213
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 15,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Congrats on getting drunk with women. I always find that to be more fun than getting drunk with a bunch of guys.
Where I currently reside it's either get drunk alone, get drunk alone on hfboards or get drunk with guys who you can't understand, who sit in a circle, smoke cigarettes and mindlessly blow it in your face.

WhiskeySeven is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
  #214
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Where I currently reside it's either get drunk alone, get drunk alone on hfboards or get drunk with guys who you can't understand, who sit in a circle, smoke cigarettes and mindlessly blow it in your face.
Take some pics of the women while you drink with them, then post the pics. My life is very boring.

Craig71 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:00 PM
  #215
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Don't EVER speak out your mind about a player on HFBOARDS! This board is not made to display your hockey opinions. Serious business.

As for the user Coldplay; dude, I just read some of your past posts. You defended Scott Gomez. So as you say, "Please". There's a fair margin between being an eternal deluded fan who keeps doing the cheerleader and one who tries to analyse the game.

The fact that Gionta played like a tool in the first 15 games remains. And the fact that he's on the decline and that he's a midget too many is another fact.
They (meaning, WhiskeySeven) don't call me "the board's resident fanboy" for nothing. Future signature whenever I get over my cheapness on becoming a sponsor of the boards.

The fact remains that I made it perfectly clear there is a difference between discussing a player and reaching rash conclusions based off insignificant samples and biases like size/toughness (which our players continue to defy as a perceived limitation and/or reason we'll never win anything). And, frankly, unless you've been reading these boards for years, I've seen my fair share of lunacy. Lunacy which I probably have been guilty of in the past too, Scott Gomez aside. It gets really old after a while.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:04 PM
  #216
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
They (meaning, WhiskeySeven) don't call me "the board's resident fanboy" for nothing. Future signature whenever I get over my cheapness on becoming a sponsor of the boards.

The fact remains that I made it perfectly clear there is a difference between discussing a player and reaching rash conclusions based off insignificant samples and biases like size/toughness (which our players continue to defy as a perceived limitation and/or reason we'll never win anything). And, frankly, unless you've been reading these boards for years, I've seen my fair share of lunacy. Lunacy which I probably have been guilty of in the past too, Scott Gomez aside. It gets really old after a while.
Without being as tough as the Bruins, you can't hope to win in the playoffs and be a contender night in and night out with as many as 4 players who are 5'8 or under. There's also quite a big difference between wanting to be as tough/big/intimidating as the Bruins, and say, well let's not push our luck, because that's a men's game after all.

HiggsBozon is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:08 PM
  #217
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Without being as tough as the Bruins, you can't hope to win in the playoffs and be a contender night in and night out with as many as 4 players who are 5'8 or under. There's also quite a big difference between wanting to be as tough/big/intimidating as the Bruins, and say, well let's not push our luck, because that's a men's game after all.
20-5-5, sup. 1 regulation loss dating back to Feb 9.

So much crow will be eaten if this is actually our year.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:08 PM
  #218
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Where I currently reside it's either get drunk alone, get drunk alone on hfboards or get drunk with guys who you can't understand, who sit in a circle, smoke cigarettes and mindlessly blow it in your face.
Well enjoy the hell out of your trip to Paris. Sounds like you deserve it.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
  #219
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Where I currently reside it's either get drunk alone, get drunk alone on hfboards or get drunk with guys who you can't understand, who sit in a circle, smoke cigarettes and mindlessly blow it in your face.
When getting drunk and posting on hfboards is your best option, you know it's time for a change.

Et le But is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:11 PM
  #220
SouthernHab
jak się masz
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
They (meaning, WhiskeySeven) don't call me "the board's resident fanboy" for nothing. Future signature whenever I get over my cheapness on becoming a sponsor of the boards.

The fact remains that I made it perfectly clear there is a difference between discussing a player and reaching rash conclusions based off insignificant samples and biases like size/toughness (which our players continue to defy as a perceived limitation and/or reason we'll never win anything). And, frankly, unless you've been reading these boards for years, I've seen my fair share of lunacy. Lunacy which I probably have been guilty of in the past too, Scott Gomez aside. It gets really old after a while.
I get what you are saying.

One man's Gomez is another man's Gionta/Desharnais/Boullion/Price/Gorges/Plekanec/etc. though.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:12 PM
  #221
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
I think its unfair to single out one player on the PK. The players deserve blame for alot of really weak clearing attempts, but the coaches also deserve blame because their tactics are not working.

Personally, I think our wingers are too passive in the box formation. I favour the high pressure approach especially on the point, and the half boards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
I can't remember but I don't think last year they were an aggressive PK team. From what I can remember it was a whole lot of defencemen worrying about the cross crease pass and forwards just trying to block shots from the point allowing Price to worry about the rest.

Just not working as well this year, so it would probably be good to change it up before the playoffs.
Considering Gill took up the entire length of our zone, he was a big part of our PK success. Otherwise, my memory is that we weren't overly aggressive but were stronger positionally. Last year's D rarely left men unguarded close in, whereas this year we see opposing forwards sneak in a couple of times a game.

The clearing passes aren't as much an issue on the PK (though it was yesterday) because you'd expect less passes and more straight clearing shots. But yes, our clearing passes on 5-5 need work. All those cute attempts at breakout plays are great, until they're intercepted. But that's probably a product of the new emphasis on longer, aggressive passing and lightning quick transitions. Maybe the occasional screwup in our zone is the trade-off for suddenly becoming a goal-scoring machine.

In both cases, I'll repeat that this is exactly where Raphael Diaz made a difference.

Lshap is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:13 PM
  #222
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I get what you are saying.

One man's Gomez is another man's Gionta/Desharnais/Boullion/Price/Gorges/Plekanec/etc. though.
I had good reason to defend Gomez when I first started.

Then, well.




Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:14 PM
  #223
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
20-5-5, sup. 1 regulation loss dating back to Feb 9.

So much crow will be eaten if this is actually our year.
Yeah, like I'm sad about the Habs succeeding. You're funny
Hey, you remember 2008? Did it turn out well? Granted our current team is more complete and better at 5 on 5.

If the Habs win the Cup, I'll gladly eat crow. But as much as this Cup would be worth any other one, you'll have to think that the small players will have been favored by playing in a shortened season. And there's also quite a big difference between reaching the top, and reaching the top to stay there.

Size makes a difference; I don't know why anybody discusses this. It might not be the only factor, but it's one of the multiple factors. And it's not about 20 players over 6'4. It's about not pushing your luck...

HiggsBozon is online now  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:15 PM
  #224
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Yeah, like I'm sad about the Habs succeeding. You're funny
Hey, you remember 2008? Did it turn out well? Granted our current team is more complete and better at 5 on 5.

If the Habs win the Cup, I'll gladly eat crow. But as much as this Cup would be worth any other one, you'll have to think that the small players will have been favored by playing in a shortened season. And there's also quite a big difference between reaching the top, and reaching the top to stay there.

Size makes a difference; I don't know why anybody discusses this. It might not be the only factor, but it's one of the multiple factors. And it's not about 20 players over 6'4. It's about no pushing your luck...
You're clearly new here! This has been discussed ad nauseum and then ad nauseum again since July 2009.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 05:17 PM
  #225
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
You're clearly new here! This has been discussed ad nauseum and then ad nauseum again since July 2009.
I'd bet it was discussed even before.

Once again, there's a difference between asking for a pack of monsters, and being content with 3 players under 5'8 on your top-6, including one who's paid 5M and is getting older and older.

HiggsBozon is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.