HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Targets (Part II)

Old
03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
one2gamble

vCash: 500
I still cannot believe a move of some sort hasnt been made, even if it was just to clear out some bodies that are riding the press room bench all the time.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:49 AM
ramstoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Yah, sure, but what else is he going to say.

Doug: Hey, I heard Nash is available, what would you be looking for in return from the Sharks?

Howsen: Well, the player that would interest us is Couture.

Doug: Couture is simply not on the table, we could maybe talk about something around Pavelski...

Howsen: We are not interested in Pavelski, call me back when you want to talk about Couture.

Doug: That's not going to happen Scott, let me know if you change your mind.

Is how it likely went. I can't imagine a conversation where Doug inquired about Nash, Howsen asked for Couture, and Doug didn't counter-offer something. Was it Pav's? Probably would be my bet, but we'll never know really.
Yeah I'm sure there could have been a conversation like that. But I'd hardly call that a formal offer. I was just addressing Great 88 saying "we know for a fact" that there was an offer.

ramstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

I'm pretty sure there was no offer from DW. Was there talks? Yeah probably so but no offer.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:26 PM
sjshrky27

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
I still cannot believe a move of some sort hasnt been made, even if it was just to clear out some bodies that are riding the press room bench all the time.
IMO-I think most GM's that are "sellers" wait till the deadline because prices/returns go up the most then. GM's want a bidding war to maximze the return. Waiting till the last day pretty much guarantees this.

Plus who knows who will get injured over the next 10 days(3 D players in the NHL went down the other day due to injurys...) forcing teams to make moves that they normally wouldnt have even considered.

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Lebanezer

Quote:
My guess is Doug wants to see what happens in the next two weeks. If the Sharks continue to struggle and drop out of the playoffs I would expect big moves. If they somehow start playing well and win a few games in a row, I would expect a few smaller moves. In either case I expect Clowe and Murray to be gone.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

asktheduffer 10:37am via Web Shouldn't #sharks be trying to get Dustin Penner from #kings, since every California team that acquires him wins Stanley Cup?

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
asktheduffer 10:37am via Web Shouldn't #sharks be trying to get Dustin Penner from #kings, since every California team that acquires him wins Stanley Cup?

Is IHOP ready for him?

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Gene Parmesan
Spider 2 Y Banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post

Not enough pancakes in San Jose to satisfy that monster.

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Rem
For that, I'm out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
There's a handful of House of Pancakes and a ton of Denny's. He'll be just fine.

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:04 PM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid eye movemenT View Post
There's a handful of House of Pancakes and a ton of Denny's. He'll be just fine.
Just a handful isn't enough. Clearly Hasso needs to build some more Ihops and then finally we'll win a cup.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Just a handful isn't enough. Clearly Hasso needs to build some more Ihops and then finally we'll win a cup.
Just put an IHOP counter in the tank, at least then you know he will always show up at practice.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Parmesan View Post
the one on 1st and Taylor is a dump. this is what is holding the team back.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:50 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
My guess is Doug wants to see what happens in the next two weeks. If the Sharks continue to struggle and drop out of the playoffs I would expect big moves. If they somehow start playing well and win a few games in a row, I would expect a few smaller moves. In either case I expect Clowe and Murray to be gone.
I don't know why but it seems as if lots of other teams are having the same kind of season as the sharks.

DarrylshutzSydor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:55 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
IMO, DW would be foolish to go big at the deadline because he needs to restock the prospect pool. Better to get higher draft picks after the season. The level of the picks won't be so high at the deadline. Either that or go for high end prospects at the deadline if he is going big.

Either way, I expect DW to go big on the lower lines in the off-season. I don't expect to see Galiardi, Sheppard, Gomez and Handzus next season.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:58 PM
sjshrky27

Clowe stated that he has heard the rumors about trades. He commented that he has not had a good year, (duh) and he would like to stay in SJ.

That being said, if you were DW, would you try to resign him to a similar contract like the one he had previously? Maybe Clowe takes a home town discount for less.

Or do you just give up on the guy???

sjshrky27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:58 PM
Mafoofoo
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJeasy View Post
IMO, DW would be foolish to go big at the deadline because he needs to restock the prospect pool. Better to get higher draft picks after the season. The level of the picks won't be so high at the deadline. Either that or go for high end prospects at the deadline if he is going big.

Either way, I expect DW to go big on the lower lines in the off-season. I don't expect to see Galiardi, Sheppard, Gomez and Handzus next season.
Why not Galiardi and Sheppard?

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
hockeyball

Quote:

Sheppard has looked good imo, he just needs some line mates who can finish.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:00 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
Clowe stated that he has heard the rumors about trades. He commented that he has not had a good year, (duh) and he would like to stay in SJ.

That being said, if you were DW, would you try to resign him to a similar contract like the one he had previously? Maybe Clowe takes a home town discount for less.

Too inconsistent to merit the kind of contract he will get. Time to part ways.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:00 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post

I would offer him 2.5m, no more. Guy has a pattern of going into half season slumps on a regular basis. They don't get anymore streaky than Clowe. Plus I worry about his health. Honestly, I'd just trade him, we need guys who can skate.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:03 PM
SJeasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Why not Galiardi and Sheppard?
Quote:
Sheppard has looked good imo, he just needs some line mates who can finish.
The boardwork on both is subpar. They are part of the possession issues on the lower lines. Having linemates who can finish is not in the cards for Sheppard because he isn't good enough to crack the top lines.

I thought people would question the inclusion of Gomez. The reason I included him was his giveaway issues and the fact that he will try to parlay what he produces into a contract rate that DW will be reluctant to pay.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:05 PM
one2gamble

Quote:

I would be ok with all of that, but dropping galiardi turns that trade into another huge bust.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:08 PM
do0glas

Quote:
The boardwork on both is subpar. They are part of the possession issues on the lower lines. Having linemates who can finish is not in the cards for Sheppard because he isn't good enough to crack the top lines.

I thought people would question the inclusion of Gomez. The reason I included him was his giveaway issues and the fact that he will try to parlay what he produces into a contract rate that DW will be reluctant to pay.
I 100% disagree on sheppards board work. It's not amazing but behind the net he ends up with the puck more often than not.
Sheppard and wingels just need a much stronger two way center who can shoot and I would move forward with that third line. Hard for me to believe they give up that quick on shep.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:08 PM
SharksAddict

Quote:
I would be ok with all of that, but dropping galiardi turns that trade into another huge bust.
No sense in trying to make something out of nothing. I think its pretty clear by now that Galiardi is not going to be much help to this team.

SharksAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Dicdonya

I can't see them dropping shep yet either. His first year playing again, and you can clearly see his potential. I'd see if he was down for one or two more years on a friendly contact to see what he really can bring to the table and he certainly is good enough to play in our bottom six.

Dicdonya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I would offer him 2.5m, no more. Guy has a pattern of going into half season slumps on a regular basis. They don't get anymore streaky than Clowe. Plus I worry about his health. Honestly, I'd just trade him, we need guys who can skate.
Do you think he would be more tradable if DW re-signed him to a 2 year 2.5 M AAV deal? Or even a similar 1 year 3 M AAV extension. Or do you think that would hurt his value more?