HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Isles look to resign Streit, Visnovsky, Nabokov, and Boyes

Old
03-16-2013, 06:03 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolanitis View Post
So other than Reasoner and some defenseman (Martinek, Finley, or Hickey) the Isles are going with same lineup plus a rookie?
That's pretty much how I look at it.

I would be thrilled with a Visnovsky re-signing. They guy still has game and is the best offensive threat we have on the blue line. I still have serious doubts that he would re-sign because he probably dreams that he's still playing for Slovan at night, but that would be a coup IMO.

I wouldn't mind if Streit was re-signed as I always felt that we still need him as a bridge to our premium d-men prospects who still need time to develop further. Donovan is probably the most ready and is being used in a top-4 role in Bridgeport. Obviously, Reinhart is the one Isles fans are waiting for, but he may still be a couple of years away.

Nabby is still capable, but I hope the Isles look at a long term young goalie in the offseason. Maybe even trade for one?

Boyes is who I have a problem with. The guy is putting up points and has had flashes of goodness, yet he's still the flawed player that we signed to a sweetheart deal so he could re-establish himself. If he re-signs for any longer than 1-2 years, then I'd be pissed. Isn't that essentially replacing Boyes with Parenteau? It's rumored that the Isles parted ways with PA because of the term... so they give it to Boyes? That makes no sense to me. He doesn't strike me as a player that will eventually be part of a contending team as a top-6 player.

This just reeks of the same old holding pattern that we've been in. If they are all re-signed, then it means that Wang is not going to greenlight any spending this offseason. So same crap, different year.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:23 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Another familiar name who wanted to stay into his ufa yrs: Matt Moulson.

I'm not saying having extension talks means they'll reach an agreement. As you point out, they also had extension talks with PA and couldn't findcommon ground.

The two most important of Snow's impending ufas are Streit+ Vis. I'll settle for getting those two extended.
Get the D signed then Boyes. Nabby shouldnt be leaving either. Viz is the only player I think may not be back. My point with PA was get something at the deadline for Viz if he wont agree to an ext.

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Brooklanders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Want:

Vis - 3 years
Streit - 2 years (declining skill scares me)
Nabby - 2 years (We're running him into the ground this year)
Boyes - 3 years.
I agree but Streit has been great as of late and would offer him a 3 year deal easy

Brooklanders* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:27 PM
zeus3007*

Resign? Or re-sign.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 06:55 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
If they are all re-signed, it's going to be very quiet offseason for the Isles. It'll be clear that these are the vets that the Isles want to supplement the kids that should slowly be inserted in the lineup. We'll be looking essentially at the same lineup for next year with the addition of 1 or 2 rookies.

I don't know how I'd feel about that, it's more status quo than looking to actually improve.
You have to look at the whole picture....

Reasoner will be gone, with (a full year of) Cizikas taking his place.
A full year of Visnovsky (potentially)
No DiPietro = an upgrade in backup = a more rested Nabby

For a team that is currently 3 points out of a playoff spot, these upgrades alone could reap large dividends. Then, add in the potential for a couple rookies breaking in and/or a UFA signing....

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Vitto79

Nabokov makes sense since he's done well and no goalie of the future

Boyes makes sense too especially if its a small raise

Streit sure

Vis is just being nice, lol.....hes going West or KHL

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2013, 07:32 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
What does boyes get? I would stay away from anything more than a couple years
When Boyes signed, he indicated he'd signed the 1 yr deal hoping to play alongside Tavares and have a bounce back season. He wanted to impress gms and get stronger offers.

I have a hard time seeing the isles giving him a long term offer or a big money offer.
Their top forward prospects are a step closer to the NHL.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 03:41 PM
caley

From Arthur Staples twitter

Quote:
Word from an #Isles source on Nabokov "signing": "Not even close.

03-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Nabokov wants a little more security (2 year deal), no?

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:04 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
That's pretty much how I look at it.

I would be thrilled with a Visnovsky re-signing. They guy still has game and is the best offensive threat we have on the blue line. I still have serious doubts that he would re-sign because he probably dreams that he's still playing for Slovan at night, but that would be a coup IMO.

I wouldn't mind if Streit was re-signed as I always felt that we still need him as a bridge to our premium d-men prospects who still need time to develop further. Donovan is probably the most ready and is being used in a top-4 role in Bridgeport. Obviously, Reinhart is the one Isles fans are waiting for, but he may still be a couple of years away.

Nabby is still capable, but I hope the Isles look at a long term young goalie in the offseason. Maybe even trade for one?

Boyes is who I have a problem with. The guy is putting up points and has had flashes of goodness, yet he's still the flawed player that we signed to a sweetheart deal so he could re-establish himself. If he re-signs for any longer than 1-2 years, then I'd be pissed. Isn't that essentially replacing Boyes with Parenteau? It's rumored that the Isles parted ways with PA because of the term... so they give it to Boyes? That makes no sense to me. He doesn't strike me as a player that will eventually be part of a contending team as a top-6 player.

This just reeks of the same old holding pattern that we've been in. If they are all re-signed, then it means that Wang is not going to greenlight any spending this offseason. So same crap, different year.
This is exactly how I feel about Boyes. I think we all knew he would put up points playing with Tavares. Doesn't mean we should be content with him there. IMO the goal should be making that line as dominant as we possibly can. IMO Boyes is a stop-gap. Nothing more.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:08 PM
xECK29x

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Sounds more like the shoot down of a rumor that a deal has been signed then Nabakov saying he won't sign.

@StapeNewsday

That comment means #Isles are just starting talks with Nabokov. Not that they won't sign him.

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:12 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Sounds more like the shoot down of a rumor that a deal has been signed then Nabakov saying he won't sign.

@StapeNewsday

That comment means #Isles are just starting talks with Nabokov. Not that they won't sign him.
Yup. It was a little vague before. But, I'm guessing someone is "reporting" that Nabokov has signed/is about to re-sign and thought it was important to shoot it down.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:42 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Nabokov wants a little more security (2 year deal), no?
I wouldn't be surprised to find Nabby and his agent, pushing for the security of a 2-3 yr deal and Snow wanting just 1 yr.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote