HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
03-22-2013, 04:57 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

vCash: 500
About to head home for the night and get ready for the trip up tomorrow Starting the day at Flying Saucer around 1:00 (thanks for the suggestion KYPreds). Anyone at the game see a schlub in a lowly Thrashers jersey (Hossa), feel free to give me a hello.

Go Preds!!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Daughter's birthday tomorrow so won't be out and about early. Come down to the area between 102 and 103 for preskate. Sometimes folks meet up there prior to games to say hi. Will you be wearing your Thrashers jersey and where are your seats?

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
About to head home for the night and get ready for the trip up tomorrow Starting the day at Flying Saucer around 1:00 (thanks for the suggestion KYPreds). Anyone at the game see a schlub in a lowly Thrashers jersey (Hossa), feel free to give me a hello.

Go Preds!!
Another former Thrashers fan here making the trip up from Bham- I have retired my Thrashers jerseys, though- will be wearing Preds- will say hello if I see you!

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:12 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Another former Thrashers fan here making the trip up from Bham- I have retired my Thrashers jerseys, though- will be wearing Preds- will say hello if I see you!
A Thrasher jersey is a good as a Preds jersey to me

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:17 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
A Thrasher jersey is a good as a Preds jersey to me
It does have nostalgia now.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:44 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Daughter's birthday tomorrow so won't be out and about early. Come down to the area between 102 and 103 for preskate. Sometimes folks meet up there prior to games to say hi. Will you be wearing your Thrashers jersey and where are your seats?
We are up in the low 300's at center ice. We will be on broadway after. I will try to make it to 103 before. Hope to see everyone!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 08:47 AM
cryssarn

Hi guys.
So, on saturday I'm flying over from Sweden to watch the Detroit game and the Canucks game. One reason why I've chosen Nashville is that I've heard that the fans is among the best in the league. My question now is; do you guys think people will still come, even though you probably wont make the playoffs? I'm a little worried since I wanted to experience the atmosphere that I've heard about.

cryssarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 11:00 AM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryssarn View Post
Hi guys.
So, on saturday I'm flying over from Sweden to watch the Detroit game and the Canucks game. One reason why I've chosen Nashville is that I've heard that the fans is among the best in the league. My question now is; do you guys think people will still come, even though you probably wont make the playoffs? I'm a little worried since I wanted to experience the atmosphere that I've heard about.
Unfortunately, you could not have picked a worse time to experience the great game atmosphere we usually have. The team is riddled with injuries, is out of the playoff race, and is having a difficult time even scoring a goal. Fan morale is pretty low

The game on Monday will almost certainly not be a sellout.

Hopefully you'll see a good game, but you'll probably have to come back next year if you want to see the real Nashville hockey atmosphere/experience

Old
04-10-2013, 11:38 AM
cryssarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Unfortunately, you could not have picked a worse time to experience the great game atmosphere we usually have. The team is riddled with injuries, is out of the playoff race, and is having a difficult time even scoring a goal. Fan morale is pretty low

The game on Monday will almost certainly not be a sellout.

Hopefully you'll see a good game, but you'll probably have to come back next year if you want to see the real Nashville hockey atmosphere/experience
Got the tickets the same day that the schedule got released. Don't regret it, but it's a shame that the moral is low and how the team have played this season
I hope I'll enjoy it anyway though.

cryssarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2013, 12:17 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Got the tickets the same day that the schedule got released. Don't regret it, but it's a shame that the moral is low and how the team have played this season
I hope I'll enjoy it anyway though.
You should have fun regardless- Nashville is a great city to visit

Old
04-11-2013, 04:37 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Hi guys.
The Sunday game against Detroit will probably be sold out. But with a lot of Detroit fans. Those games usually have great atmospheres, the fans are always really into these games. And the players get up for games against Detroit. Plus it will be our last home game against Detroit as a division rival, and it would be great to knock them down one last time before we go to different conferences. Cheer for the Preds and you'll have fun at this game anyway (hopefully)!

And if you don't enjoy the game, head to the bars around the arena, you WILL have fun at those!

*Don't forget Sunday's game starts at 6:30pm!*

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 10:38 AM
Preddownsouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post

And if you don't enjoy the game, head to the bars around the arena, you WILL have fun at those!

*Don't forget Sunday's game starts at 6:30pm!*
Win or lose, I always look forward to hitting Robert's after the game

Preddownsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2013, 08:46 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

It is so cool you are flying over. Even if the games kind of suck due to all of the injuries and stuff, it's impossible to not have a good time around the arena. Will you be wearing a team sweden jersey or anything? I'll try to say hi if I find you.

Oh and maybe you'll be on a flight with Forsberg.

Old
04-12-2013, 07:59 AM
Liquidfire3240

So, I've finally scraped enough money to go to my first game of the season tonight. Last few season I've been only able to make it to one game, and I seem to be keeping that streak alive this year as well, seemingly only for the streaks sake.

Is the library still the place to park? Or has the super-frugal parking moved elsewhere?
Dont mind walking either.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2013, 09:52 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
So, I've finally scraped enough money to go to my first game of the season tonight. Last few season I've been only able to make it to one game, and I seem to be keeping that streak alive this year as well, seemingly only for the streaks sake.

Is the library still the place to park? Or has the super-frugal parking moved elsewhere?
Dont mind walking either.
Library is cheap. Parking at LP Field is cheap too.

Old
09-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Bob Cole

I will be in Nashville next weekend for a few days. We are 4 20 something guys looking for a good time. I have a few questions:

-Which bars/streets are a must?
-Is the tailgate good for Titans game? We are going to the game on Sunday.
-Any sports bar that will show the Habs game on Saturday night? Dont mind if its a small tv hidden in the corner really.
-Is the country HOF worth the stop even if were not really into country?
-Any less known attractions that we should know about?

Thanks. Looking forward to it

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 08:54 PM
Nitrous Mafia

-Which bars/streets are a must? Broadway/2nd Ave for the classic Honky Tonks
-Is the tailgate good for Titans game? We are going to the game on Sunday. All the tailgating is in a giant parking lot(s), I have never been impressed. I'm pretty sure that Dan McGuinness on 2nd does kegs and eggs before Titans games.
-Any sports bar that will show the Habs game on Saturday night? Dont mind if its a small tv hidden in the corner really. Bailey's on Broadway? They have lots of TVs.
-Is the country HOF worth the stop even if were not really into country? People say it's good. They have different rotating main exibits, don't know who is going right now.
-Any less known attractions that we should know about? Eh, you'll have your hands full with Broadway/2nd and a Titans game.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 09:55 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

CMHOF is a must-see at least once if you're from out of town - even if you're not a fan of country music.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 10:13 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
Yes. It has everything from bluegrass to Elvis to the relationship between country and modern rock and roll. Tours of music row and Studio B. A lot for a person who appreciates music even if not a huge country fan.

Quote:
The Frist Museum (art) is walking distance from the honkey tonks and arena if you're looking for that type of attraction. The Hermitage, home of president Andrew Jackson, is a few miles outside of town if you're into history. There are battle fields or the Jack Daniel's distillery if you have a few hours and transport to escape downtown if that is more your flavor. Without knowing how much time you plan on spending and what your interests are outside football and hockey, it's hard to recommend attractions.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-30-2013, 11:09 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
I will be in Nashville next weekend for a few days. We are 4 20 something guys looking for a good time. I have a few questions:

-Which bars/streets are a must?
-Is the tailgate good for Titans game? We are going to the game on Sunday.
-Any sports bar that will show the Habs game on Saturday night? Dont mind if its a small tv hidden in the corner really.

Thanks. Looking forward to it
Bailey's on broadway always has hnic on. It's only like a block from the Arena.

Like others have said, just stick with the bars on broadway and 2nd ave. You won't run out of options. Then you can hit up Printer's Alley during the super late night if you're feeling good still.

Old
09-30-2013, 11:18 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

You should go see the Parthenon. Exact replica of the one in Greece, except it isn't a pile of rubble. It's in Centennial Park, and really, pictures don't do it justice. Day or night it's just stunning. It's not walking distance (arena's at 5th and Broadway, park is around 24th and Broadway) but not that far.

Adz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Bob Cole

Wow thanks for all the responses. All noted. Love these forums.

Cant wait to see the contrast to memphis.

Bob Cole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2013, 07:15 PM
hockey diva

Pub 5 across the street from the arena has poutine.

hockey diva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 05:58 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Pub 5 across the street from the arena has poutine.
Bridgestone is going to have it this year, too. But it's "Nashville" poutine, it's going to have sausage gravy and fried cheese curds on it.

I don't know if this is blasphemy for me to say as a southerner, but I really hate sausage gravy.

They are bringing back the bacon on a stick, nashville hot chicken and chicken and waffles. And in addition to the Nashville poutine, they are introducing chicken fried steak on a stick served with pepper gravy, a smores waffle, and 2 Food Network dogs - Pimento cheese dog and a nashville dog with pulled pork, bbq sauce and slaw.

I think my arteries are clogging just reading about some of this.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2013, 02:44 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
Bridgestone is going to have it this year, too. But it's "Nashville" poutine, it's going to have sausage gravy and fried cheese curds on it.

I don't know if this is blasphemy for me to say as a southerner, but I really hate sausage gravy.

They are bringing back the bacon on a stick, nashville hot chicken and chicken and waffles. And in addition to the Nashville poutine, they are introducing chicken fried steak on a stick served with pepper gravy, a smores waffle, and 2 Food Network dogs - Pimento cheese dog and a nashville dog with pulled pork, bbq sauce and slaw.

I think my arteries are clogging just reading about some of this.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home
I saw some people ordering poutine at the last preseason game.