HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Going to Pittsburgh

Old
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
flountown

vCash: 500
OT: Going to Pittsburgh

Anyone else here going to Sunday's game? Anyone been there before? I am debating trying to get a ticket through Stubhub or figure out if it's worth it to just try scalping. Anyone have any insight as to what is the best way?

Thanks in advance.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Gert B Frobe

grow a mullet, a mustache and put on a pair of black and gold camo pants

you'll fit right in

as for tickets I have no idea

and leave town immediately afterwards because there is NOTHING to do in Pittsburgh

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:16 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post

you'll fit right in

and leave town immediately afterwards because there is NOTHING to do in Pittsburgh
You forgot to mention wearing a Starter Jacket.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:37 PM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:

you'll fit right in

EH, I live out here now. There is plenty to do. The city gets a bad rap, but it is solid. Certainly not, Philly though. The fans are pretty tame until the game is over then you'll hear ****. . . even when they get embarrassed 10-5 in their own building during the play-offs.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:42 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
EH, I live out here now. There is plenty to do. The city gets a bad rap, but it is solid. Certainly not, Philly though. The fans are pretty tame until the game is over then you'll hear ****. . . even when they get embarrassed 10-5 in their own building during the play-offs.
I've never been to a hockey game there. I usually go to Phillies games every year they play out there. The fans can be annoying but for the most part their harmless. They'll make sure you know the entire Pittsburgh Steelers franchise history before you leave though. Primanti Brothers is also overrated as hell.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:17 PM
duffy9748

I was at the last game in Pitt and was the only Flyers fan in the section(went with a Pens fan). The building was pretty quiet for most of the game and I cheered as if I were at a game in Philly and didn't have any problems. Console is a pretty nice arena though, I will give them that.

duffy9748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Gert B Frobe

I went to a ton of Penguins games from 89-93 when I was at WVU. My roommate had season tickets so I saw a bunch of Flyers road games. Damn were those some amazing Penguins teams. Lemieux was so much fun to watch even at the expense of the Flyers. Lemieux, Jagr, Stevens, Francis, CoffeyThe fans then were very casual, not terribly into it. They used to boo icing thinking it was a penalty. Ushers would let people go to their seats during play. It was a similar building to the Spectrum but the atmosphere was 100 times less passionate in spite of the incredible product they had there during the time.

Saw Lindros's first NHL game of his career - in Pittsburgh - wearing #88 - the first and only jersey I have ever owned. During the 2nd intermission on guy yelled at me in the concourse "Lindros is a bum" then smiled. And that was it. Nice bunch of people in Pittsburgh for the most part. Absolutely more of a midwest city than east coast.

I imagine tickets will be pretty scarce - they generally sell out when the team is good. When they're bad for more than a season they don't make any money. No big cable deals out there in yinzer-land. When their gate $ drops off - that franchise just about goes belly-up. Win the cup in 92 - 8 years later declare bankruptcy. Nice fans but total frauds for the most part. Surprising because there is literally nothing else to do in and around that city whatsoever.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
You forgot to mention wearing a Starter Jacket.
Hey! Wearing starter jackets are cool, lol.

I collect vintage snapbacks from the 90's and have quite a repetoir of flyers hats, so I like the 90's era sports apparel.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Bask.

03-22-2013, 11:07 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
Hey! Wearing starter jackets are cool, lol.

I collect vintage snapbacks from the 90's and have quite a repetoir of flyers hats, so I like the 90's era sports apparel.

I was talking about these kinds.

Last edited by Beef Invictus: 03-23-2013 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Attempting a fix
Old
03-23-2013, 12:27 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

I used to have a Blackhawks starter jacket when I was in elementary school haha. The kind that zipped halfway down and had the Velcro pocket on the stomach.

Good times.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:42 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I used to have a Blackhawks starter jacket when I was in elementary school haha. The kind that zipped halfway down and had the Velcro pocket on the stomach.

Good times.
My mom bought me one those winter ones when I was like 10. Unfortunately it was a Rangers one though. It only lasted a couple of days, my dad got all hammered up and threw into our fire place one night.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:48 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
My mom bought me one those winter ones when I was like 10. Unfortunately it was a Rangers one though. It only lasted a couple of days, my dad got all hammered up and threw into our fire place one night.
Haha that's funny because my mom actually bought me a cowboys one at one point. I never gave a damn about football ever, but she knew I liked the color blue... My brother made her take it back. I went with her and I picked out a Blackhawks one, because they didnt have any more flyers and the hawks were always my second favorite team... Until certain recent events that shall not be discussed.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:51 AM
Flat Stanley

Quote:

you'll fit right in

OP, online ticket stores would be the way to go, IMO.

Last edited by Flat Stanley: 03-23-2013 at 01:03 AM.
Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:17 AM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
Haha that's funny because my mom actually bought me a cowboys one at one point. I never gave a damn about football ever, but she knew I liked the color blue... My brother made her take it back. I went with her and I picked out a Blackhawks one, because they didnt have any more flyers and the hawks were always my second favorite team... Until certain recent events that shall not be discussed.
Yeah I liked the color blue as younger kid too. I was kind of too young to hate any other teams back then. I was more of a hockey fan than just a Flyers fan. So I think that was my moms line of thinking on that one was.

After my dad *****ed at her for that she started buying Maple Leafs stuff on top of Flyers stuff for me. So I always had a soft spot for the Leafs because of that.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:31 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
I went to a ton of Penguins games from 89-93 when I was at WVU. My roommate had season tickets so I saw a bunch of Flyers road games. Damn were those some amazing Penguins teams. Lemieux was so much fun to watch even at the expense of the Flyers. Lemieux, Jagr, Stevens, Francis, CoffeyThe fans then were very casual, not terribly into it. They used to boo icing thinking it was a penalty. Ushers would let people go to their seats during play. It was a similar building to the Spectrum but the atmosphere was 100 times less passionate in spite of the incredible product they had there during the time.

Saw Lindros's first NHL game of his career - in Pittsburgh - wearing #88 - the first and only jersey I have ever owned. During the 2nd intermission on guy yelled at me in the concourse "Lindros is a bum" then smiled. And that was it. Nice bunch of people in Pittsburgh for the most part. Absolutely more of a midwest city than east coast.
I imagine tickets will be pretty scarce - they generally sell out when the team is good. When they're bad for more than a season they don't make any money. No big cable deals out there in yinzer-land. When their gate $ drops off - that franchise just about goes belly-up. Win the cup in 92 - 8 years later declare bankruptcy. Nice fans but total frauds for the most part. Surprising because there is literally nothing else to do in and around that city whatsoever.
I've seen their ugly side. They get ugly in the sense where they're like "oh we're not like those classless bums in philthadelphia. They like to pretend but they're just as savage as any other fans. And their girls get on your nuts like no other.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:

I was talking about these kinds.

Oh! Haha, on that note I have a flyers one

Also sorry to get off topic but I'm a vintage hat collector, and here's my flyers collection. Not sure if you guys recognize hats from the 90's, but I'm still looking for more

The main brands are logo athletic, starter, and Sports specialties hats.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote