HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Trade Rumors Thread Part 5: NYR Interested in Boyle, Gaborik Available (MOD: READ OP)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 05:05 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue9 View Post
Been pushing for Weiss for a while now.....get him on the cheap. Three solid centers down the middle next year, solves a lot of problems. makes a Richards buyout at the end of next year more feasible. His rights for nothing but picks. $5mm isn't absurd
Any injured player is a double edged sword, the cheaper the cost and higher the potential the more its worth the risk.

Your comment is as to Weiss, who may be discounted if he plays little this year, but may be buh bye to FL soon enough.

Like FL, I believe previously, recently, there was speculation about Vancouver, notably in connection with Gaborik.

That bonafide link established, I now ask, given Kesler is out, can/should we add and try to do Gaborik + for Kesler +, unless until they CLEARLY say unequivocally, his absence is not a factor, Kesler will not be traded.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Vidic15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16 To Stanley View Post
He's so injury prone. Sure solid, but how much cap is that going to be.

Rather have Ribiero
The last five seasons he's played 80, 76, 80, 78, 74 games.

Ribeiro has played 74, 82, 66, 82, 76.

Also, I believe I heard Graves knows Weiss from when he was a kid. I think they are family friends. Can anybody confirm this?

Old
03-22-2013, 06:51 PM
LetterJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
Also, I believe I heard Graves knows Weiss from when he was a kid. I think they are family friends. Can anybody confirm this?

Quote:
Anyway, I spoke to a few members of the Panthers on Wednesday and asked them "What's up with that number?" We'll do this randomly throughout the season.

9 Stephen Weiss -- No. 9

“I was pretty close family friends with Adam Graves and I would meet up with him at Maple Leaf Gardens when they were in town. And my uncle wore this number in college. You want to emulate people who you look up to. I wanted to be them, so I took their number.''
Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#storylink=cpy

Last edited by LetterJ: 03-22-2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Lundsanity30

We can't pay him 5m though

Old
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
We can't pay him 5m though
with him coming off an injury maybe a one year deal to regain real value.. maybe he will take less since he looked up to Graves, and he is with the organization.. hopefully he will.

Old
03-22-2013, 08:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
with him coming off an injury maybe a one year deal to regain real value.. maybe he will take less since he looked up to Graves, and he is with the organization.. hopefully he will.
And a one year deal.

03-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
And a one year deal.
im sure most teams would offer that unless there was a bidding war and maybe 2 years at most

Old
03-23-2013, 09:24 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Poile said he would be open to trading Nashville’s first-round draft pick for a third straight season for the right offer.

“If there was something out there I could trade our first-round pick for that would clearly, to me, put us over the hump and take us to the next level — absolutely I would do it,” Poile said. “But I haven’t reached that conclusion yet.”
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...pe-Preds-plans

Call 212 or 914 area 347 smart phone number.

Another GM complaining about how hard it is to make a trade

Quote:
“It’s as hard as its ever been or harder because of all these teams that are still in it,” said Chiarelli. “Teams feel like they only need to win three games and they’re back in it…and they are because of the condensed schedule. There’s more chatter and more talk because we were all in Toronto at the GM meetings.

“I’d like to be able to do it earlier [this month] but I might not be able to because the deal just might not be there. We hope to add [Carl] Soderberg [as well], but I don’t know if we’ll be able to. We’re trying.”

One thing that is also for certain: after talking to a large group of agents, executives and scouts over the last few weeks it’s pretty clear that the Bruins have told interested teams that young prospects Malcolm Subban and Ryan Spooner are on their “untouchable” list in trade talks. Other teams have inquired about both, but the Bruins won’t be entertaining any thoughts of dealing either one of them over the next two weeks.

Several sources have indicated to CSNNE.com that the Flames were asking for Subban as part of a potential package for Iginla as Calgary looks for an eventual replacement between the pipes for the aging Miikka Kiprusoff. But it will have to be a different set of assets discussed between Chiarelli and Calgary GM Jay Feaster that would potentially bring the Calgary captain to Boston in his search for a Stanley Cup.
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...ard-ever-trade

Soderberg has been wavering back and forth for years about the NHL. The Rangers are looking at the Swedish option. Ottawa brought Silfverberg over for the playoffs last spring.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:28 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Strickland wrote SJ wants a ton for their players

Quote:
A number of names out of San Jose are being tossed around including Dan Boyle and Ryan Clowe.

Sources close to the Sharks tell me teams are calling asking about these players more than the Sharks dangling them out there. Even though Clowe has struggled it will take a lot to get him out of San Jose. Again we’re talking substantial packages.

The reality is the Sharks have players other teams want.

As for Clowe, San Jose is trying to figure out how to keep him versus trying to move him. How badly he wants to remain in San Jose becomes the question? The Sharks need more Ryan Clowes, not less. If they don’t think they can re-sign him then it obviously increases the chances of him being traded.
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/S...kage-for-Clowe

Boyle will be 37 in July. Clowe had a bum shoulder and no goals.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:49 AM
dethomas07

to the above stories, thats why Gabs isn't going to be traded... we're still in the hunt and we need a goal scorer, what kind of players are we going to get back that can do what gab can do when hes on.. rather keep him.. only 18 games left..

i can see MZA signing, fasth, lingberg getting a work out and see if they can help us..

i dont see any drastic measures happening unless we give up a lot.. rather just ride this thing out with what we have then giving up a lot.. its already been a **** season and with the lockout/half season its worth putting our stock into next season then making foolish/crazy trades that prob wont put us over the top anyway..

Old
03-23-2013, 10:02 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Soderberg has been wavering back and forth for years about the NHL. The Rangers are looking at the Swedish option. Ottawa brought Silfverberg over for the playoffs last spring.
To me, Poile is saying that if he can get a player who will be around longer than just this season he is willing to move quite a bit. Gaborik fits.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:26 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren and Director of Player Personnel Chris Pryor here in Minny. Now that's a sign of something going on
https://twitter.com/KKurzCSN/status/315514063004266499

San Jose is playing Minnesota this afternoon before the WCHA championship game. Wisconsin and Colorado College.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

What could be realistically get for Gaborik? I'd be willing to take on a player that scores less in quantity but creates more on a shift to shift basis.

"We go again." -Steven Gerrard
Old
03-23-2013, 01:07 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

Yeah, it looks like Soderberg is finally coming over once his team is knocked out of the playoffs. Spooner has been getting some playing time as well with Boston's injuries and may also be an answer to some of their pp troubles. Not sure if they are willing to trust him for the playoffs though. It was surprising to see Peverley as a healthy scratch last game. I'm sure it's just Julien trying to light a fire under him as he's been pretty poor this year.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Ryan Clowe healthy scratch today...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2012020457

Old
03-23-2013, 01:34 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Would not be surprised at all if Clowe was targeted.

Definitely addresses team toughness. His stat line is troubling but that's also the only reason he's available.

I get that Boyle has really fallen off, but with losing him and Halpern who is gonna play center again? Miller back full time + Newbury with no other options? Sounds suspect.

03-23-2013, 01:36 PM
haveandare

I was just thinking we needed more slow skaters who can't score.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:41 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Rangers simply do NOT have a Clowe-type of player on roster or in system.

If no Gaborik involved, how interesting would this be?

Haggy/Steps/Nash
Clowe/Richie/Gaborik
Kreider/Miller/Callahan
Pyatt/Powe/Asham

Does he still have the gas in the tank/and is the shoulder ok? ...Only two questions id be concerned with.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:43 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Clowe would be a welcome addition as long as they don't give it a high end prospect.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Just want to add...

Why would the Bruins really be interested in Ryane Clowe? B's have no lack of toughness. Best Hybrid in the game in Lucic. Excellent mix of grit, power and playmaking in thier forwards. I truly think it was a move to generate more interest so the asking price was higher.

Why overload it?...Art of war for GM's

Old
03-23-2013, 01:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Rangers simply do NOT have a Clowe-type of player on roster or in system.

If no Gaborik involved, how interesting would this be?

Haggy/Steps/Nash
Clowe/Richie/Gaborik
Kreider/Miller/Callahan
Pyatt/Powe/Asham

Does he still have the gas in the tank/and is the shoulder ok? ...Only two questions id be concerned with.
The Sharks have and have had a Clowe-type of player on the roster. Have they achieved more than the Rangers?

Old
03-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

The Sharks have put a ridiculous asking price on Clowe. Not willing to overpay for someone with 0 goals on the season, no matter how sexy the name.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:46 PM
M Gaz
Who needs a captain?

Am I the only one here who doesn't understand all the fascination over Clowe?

Old
03-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Clowe would be a welcome addition as long as they don't give it a high end prospect.
if its Clowe Stalberg (the brother Blackhawks forward) for B.Boyle R.Bourque i can live with that..

Old
03-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Would not be surprised at all if Clowe was targeted.

Definitely addresses team toughness. His stat line is troubling but that's also the only reason he's available.

I get that Boyle has really fallen off, but with losing him and Halpern who is gonna play center again? Miller back full time + Newbury with no other options? Sounds suspect.
If you did not read it or you missed it brooksie wrote an article back in January about 3 players playing with other teams (2 of them are centers) that are on the Rangers reserve list. Fast and Lindeberg, Fast's team is done, but needs permission to leave because he is supposed to play in the world cup or championship (whichever) and then Lindeberg's team is still playing (according to a recent brooksie article). Both of those players have contracts according to Capgeek.com and then the third player who's an RFA, but is on the Rangers reserve list is Zukes.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...zolcrocd4crFWN (article from January)

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...BSkCCE3hRPiMFN (today's article)

Closed Thread