HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
  #351
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
We probably don't want to burn a year of his ELC, which is what will happen if he plays even 1 game.

Doing it with Schwartz last year was a 1 off. Schwartz's next contract will be a little lower, but we'll still be paying him more in 2014/15 than we would have if we didn't use him last year. Doing the same for Jaškin with no real urgent need and when every $ counts in coming years isn't the best idea.
That I would have to agree with. Let's hope the Lehtera thing works out. That would definitely help. See what we have. Few dominate the K and can't play here, unless they are smurfs.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 08:54 PM
  #352
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 50
Another 2 point night for Jaškin, goal and assist. 1st star again as well...

43-48-91 in 47.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2013, 01:30 PM
  #353
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Goal and an assist last night.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 04:04 PM
  #354
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Scored Moncton's lone goal against Halifax. Now has 45 goals , 50 assists for 95 points in only 50 games. Although , he did leave in the third period with what looked like a shoulder injury. He's listed day-to-day. Hopefully he'll be in tomorrow's lineup. 5 game remaining on the schedule, will he score 50 ?

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:25 PM
  #355
Robb_K
Registered User
 
Robb_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NordHolandNethrlands
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 500
Hope he plays next game. I want to see him average 2 points a game and lead the league in scoring.


Last edited by Robb_K: 03-09-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Robb_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 05:25 PM
  #356
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 50
At least it isn't anything serious. Would be nice to see him get 50 goals, looks unlikely he'll get to 2PPG average.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2013, 06:47 PM
  #357
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Love to see Jaskin and Rattie both score 50.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
  #358
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Was at the game tonight and spoke to Dmitri. He reassured me it wasn't anything serious and said he's likely playing next game. He said he was a little sore but it was mainly for precautionary purposes that he wasn't playing. He was not wearing a sling which is another good sign..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 08:10 PM
  #359
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 50
Thanks for the update

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2013, 09:50 PM
  #360
MattyMo35
Moderator
Schwartz Be With You
 
MattyMo35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,131
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Was at the game tonight and spoke to Dmitri. He reassured me it wasn't anything serious and said he's likely playing next game. He said he was a little sore but it was mainly for precautionary purposes that he wasn't playing. He was not wearing a sling which is another good sign..
Thanks for the update! Glad it's not serious. Shoulder injuries can linger for a long time if they're serious(i.e. Taylor Hall).

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:45 AM
  #361
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Jaskin did not dress for last nights game.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:29 PM
  #362
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Not playing tonight either.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 03:45 PM
  #363
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
He's playing tonight in Bathurst and lighting things up. Has 1 goal and 3 assists after two periods. Looks like he's ready to fly in the playoffs! 1 more point will be his 100th of the season..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 04:58 PM
  #364
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
99 points in 51 games. Wildcat thanks for all of your updates greatly appreciated. Another power forward to add to Stewart and Backes.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
  #365
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
He's playing tonight in Bathurst and lighting things up. Has 1 goal and 3 assists after two periods. Looks like he's ready to fly in the playoffs! 1 more point will be his 100th of the season..
Yes. Thanks Wildcat! We have got to get him signed. Excited about next year. I think the 100 mark in points will get him the MVP for sure.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:01 PM
  #366
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
Yes. Thanks Wildcat! We have got to get him signed. Excited about next year. I think the 100 mark in points will get him the MVP for sure.
He didn't reach 100 points, their regular season is over. Drouin, who is two years younger and a possible #1 overall pick this June, scored more points in fewer games so Jaskin probably isn't the MVP of the Q. Either way, a signing seems automatic since the Blues are obviously watching him closely.

In the event the contract year performance from Stewart forces him to be dealt in another big trade rather than pay him, Jaskin turning pro helps as a backup plan for 13-14.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 06:22 PM
  #367
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
He didn't reach 100 points, their regular season is over. Drouin, who is two years younger and a possible #1 overall pick this June, scored more points in fewer games so Jaskin probably isn't the MVP of the Q. Either way, a signing seems automatic since the Blues are obviously watching him closely.

In the event the contract year performance from Stewart forces him to be dealt in another big trade rather than pay him, Jaskin turning pro helps as a backup plan for 13-14.
Drouin is a exeptional player , no doubt about it. However many people following the Q believe it's a toss up between him and Jaskin. There are several reasons either way. Drouin has a much better supporting cast. Halifax's depth is insane. Where as Jaskin played more than half a season with a 16 year old and a Jr.A player. Another point many people make is how much more valuable Jaskin is to Moncton then Drouin to Halifax. Halifax conitnued to dominate without Drouin and Moncton were losing and a total different team without Jaskin. Patrick Roy, Yannick Jean and Ron Choules (3 Q coaches) have stated Dmitrij is the best player in this league. He is a game changer and makes everyone on his team look like stars. If I were chosing winners, I'd award Jaskin with MVP. That's taking nothing away from Drouin because he is a super star with a very bright future. In the long term I believe Drouin will be a notch better and if he were 19 this season , no doubt be the winner. Jaskin is simply dominant each and every shift. I'll go out on a limb and say the most dynamic Euro since Radulov in 2005-2006. Jaskin deserves to be MVP.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 07:27 PM
  #368
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Drouin is a exeptional player , no doubt about it. However many people following the Q believe it's a toss up between him and Jaskin. There are several reasons either way. Drouin has a much better supporting cast. Halifax's depth is insane. Where as Jaskin played more than half a season with a 16 year old and a Jr.A player. Another point many people make is how much more valuable Jaskin is to Moncton then Drouin to Halifax. Halifax conitnued to dominate without Drouin and Moncton were losing and a total different team without Jaskin. Patrick Roy, Yannick Jean and Ron Choules (3 Q coaches) have stated Dmitrij is the best player in this league. He is a game changer and makes everyone on his team look like stars. If I were chosing winners, I'd award Jaskin with MVP. That's taking nothing away from Drouin because he is a super star with a very bright future. In the long term I believe Drouin will be a notch better and if he were 19 this season , no doubt be the winner. Jaskin is simply dominant each and every shift. I'll go out on a limb and say the most dynamic Euro since Radulov in 2005-2006. Jaskin deserves to be MVP.
Great to hear. Thanks again for all the updates throughout the season.

It sounds like the old MVP debate between Drouin and Jaskin. Drouin being the better player, while Jaskin is more important to his team. It seems like it usually goes to the best player, but not always. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2013, 08:01 PM
  #369
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Two different types of players.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:56 AM
  #370
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
its gonna go to Drouin for sure those numbers are just a joke and he's what 17? Hope jaskin can keep up that momentum and come break in to the show next year. Just wish he was a faceoff winning centermen

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:55 PM
  #371
stlweir
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Love team toughness. Hope Jaskin can compete for a roster spot.

Wildcat, Jaskin has dropped the gloves a time or two hasn't he ? Does he hold his own?


Last edited by stlweir: 03-22-2013 at 02:58 PM. Reason: addition
stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:26 PM
  #372
Alklha
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,253
vCash: 50
Moncton lost 3-0 in their opening playoff game.

Frk is having a hell of a night for Halifax, 5 goals and 3 assists.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:34 PM
  #373
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,514
vCash: 500
one game closer to playing in PEO

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:17 AM
  #374
PerryTurnbullfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Penalty Box
Country:
Posts: 2,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Love team toughness. Hope Jaskin can compete for a roster spot.

Wildcat, Jaskin has dropped the gloves a time or two hasn't he ? Does he hold his own?
dropped them with Mason Gray. Hockey fights.com He did well.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:08 AM
  #375
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
its gonna go to Drouin for sure those numbers are just a joke and he's what 17? Hope jaskin can keep up that momentum and come break in to the show next year. Just wish he was a faceoff winning centermen
Age is NOT a factor for MVP..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.