HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Phi- SJ

Old
03-22-2013, 06:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
If that's the case then I doubt he'd succeed on the Sharks. That's also our biggest problem right now. Our structure/breakout plays suck. That's why we rank near the bottom of the league in goals scored despite our talented top 6.
Depends. You seem to have a few more natural PMD than we do. Coburn has always been capable of making an outlet pass, but he can't handle being the primary puck-mover on a pairing. That's why he was at his best with Timonen, though he was very good last year with Grossmann as well.

Like I said. It is weird. Some of it is system. Some of it is just player performance. And some of it seems to be a sort of failure of group-think.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:22 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Speak for yourself, I'd love Coburn.

Obviously you try to trade for needs, but even with the Sharks, there are some defensemen that you are okay with getting. I know Coburn hasn't been great this season, but I still believe in him.
I don't care if you love Coburn. Your personal life is no business of mine.

I only make that response based on what this team needs now as it currently stands. Obviously, if they make a move to acquire Coburn for some reason, they would probably look to trade Vlasic or Demers/Braun to get that forward. We'll see but my vision for this team is hopeful that DW isn't the one making these trades. lol

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
I don't care if you love Coburn. Your personal life is no business of mine.

I only make that response based on what this team needs now as it currently stands. Obviously, if they make a move to acquire Coburn for some reason, they would probably look to trade Vlasic or Demers/Braun to get that forward. We'll see but my vision for this team is hopeful that DW isn't the one making these trades. lol
Ah, a girl joke. Love those.

Acquire Coburn -> trade Vlasic for a young top-6 forward.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:03 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:

Hey be happy, you are a girl on the internet, your lucky to find someone who doesn't have an interest in your personal life!

Seriously though, we really don't have any need for Coburn, he's not a bad player, just a bad fit.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 09:23 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:

You know you love them. Anyway, if that's the way they want to go, that's fine. I don't see the point. I don't see anything special about him to make it worth the effort to get him then move Vlasic out or someone else but I wouldn't be up in arms about it.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote