HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers Draft OLB Jarvis Jones

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovifan27 View Post
I punched out. Couldn't take that game anymore. That was just ugly.
I luckily blacked out shortly after the game. Jim Beam has a way of doing that. The lessons for you youngsters is, never root for Pitt.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
no clue why i picked them in my office pool
i got the first eight games right. but it turns out i forgot to pick a winner. still leading the pool.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:41 PM
sniugneP

Jarvis Jones had unimpressive at Pro Day. He ran slow 4.9 in 40. He could drop to our pick. Would you guys take him?

Link - Jarvis Jones at Pro Day

Old
03-21-2013, 07:04 PM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 3m
RT @MattNorlander Jamie Dixon on job status: "I just had my point guard break down here. It's the farthest thing from my mind."
Your point guard just played the worst game of his life and looked like he could care less the whole game. Turnover after turnover. Zero energy or passion at all. Completely lifeless. JR played miles better. And Adams showed up too. Zanna can **** off. So can Zeigler.

So..Lets go Buckeyes! Speaking of point guards though, Aaron Craft is something special. Every whistle he gathers the team together and gets them going, hustles for every loose ball. Just a great player for a kid that has pretty bad shooting skills.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
sniugneP

I think Aaron Craft will be a great coach someday.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
JTG

Word is the Steelers were the only ones who voted against one of the new rules.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
Your point guard just played the worst game of his life and looked like he could care less the whole game. Turnover after turnover. Zero energy or passion at all. Completely lifeless. JR played miles better. And Adams showed up too. Zanna can **** off. So can Zeigler.

So..Lets go Buckeyes! Speaking of point guards though, Aaron Craft is something special. Every whistle he gathers the team together and gets them going, hustles for every loose ball. Just a great player for a kid that has pretty bad shooting skills.
Craft really is a special player. I've never seen a PG quite like him before. Never gets rattled and keeps going while shutting down the best the opposing team has to offer night in and night out. Never gives up and plays right til the last whistle.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
03-21-2013, 07:09 PM
UnrealMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Jarvis Jones had unimpressive at Pro Day. He ran slow 4.9 in 40. He could drop to our pick. Would you guys take him?

Link - Jarvis Jones at Pro Day
Yes. I'm more interested in how long it takes him to get ~8 yards than 40 yards. Plenty of tape demonstrating the former. 1 day of data establishing the latter.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
sniugneP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
Yes. I'm more interested in how long it takes him to get ~8 yards than 40 yards. Plenty of tape demonstrating the former. 1 day of data establishing the latter.
Yeah, Suggs ran 4.9 too. It's meaningless. You have to watch Jones on the field. He was dominating at Georgia. I'm so tempted to pick him. He's top 5 talent.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Yeah, Suggs ran 4.9 too. It's meaningless. You have to watch Jones on the field. He was dominating at Georgia. I'm so tempted to pick him. He's top 5 talent.
If Jones is there I will flip $*** if we don't draft him

Old
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
JTG

I have never been a huge fan of Jones, and Ogletree is the class of that linebacking corps, IMO. I think Jones horrendous against the run, and if he isn't playing behind a great DE to keep him clean, I think he'll struggle mightily. He'll probably never be a 3 down linebacker. This isn't bringing into the equation the very, very, VERY serious health and injury concern he has with the spine problem. I'd rather not have the headache. I think Ogletree could be a monster OLB. That being said, do you want to deal with the off the field ******** that comes along with him?

Chance Warmack is still my guy, followed by Vaccaro. If Warmack isn't there, I'd honestly rather back up.

Old
03-21-2013, 08:55 PM
AgentM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I have never been a huge fan of Jones, and Ogletree is the class of that linebacking corps, IMO. I think Jones horrendous against the run, and if he isn't playing behind a great DE to keep him clean, I think he'll struggle mightily. He'll probably never be a 3 down linebacker. This isn't bringing into the equation the very, very, VERY serious health and injury concern he has with the spine problem. I'd rather not have the headache. I think Ogletree could be a monster OLB. That being said, do you want to deal with the off the field ******** that comes along with him?

Chance Warmack is still my guy, followed by Vaccaro. If Warmack isn't there, I'd honestly rather back up.
Ogletree reminds me of Kendrell Bell in terms of overall speed and athleticism. But I can't see the Steelers drafting him after the problems with the last draft class.

I think Warmack will be gone by 17. I'd be happy with Vaccaro there though. And I'm starting to prefer Cordarelle Patterson over Keenan Allen. Patterson makes people miss like Barry Sanders, I've never seen a big wideout with moves like his.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Craft really is a special player. I've never seen a PG quite like him before. Never gets rattled and keeps going while shutting down the best the opposing team has to offer night in and night out. Never gives up and plays right til the last whistle.

He drives me insane. Great defensive player and passer, but he refuses to take the wide open shot or drive. When he does - this team elevates to another level. (both times in 2nd half of MSU)

Old
03-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Found this James Harrison pic on Max Starks twitter.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
Shockmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Found this James Harrison pic on Max Starks twitter.

Oh god..... that's priceless right there.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:05 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I must be getting older, but I just have no desire to watch March Madness. Today was quite boring.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I have almost no interest in college basketball but the tournament is usually good. I didn't get to see much of it today because of other obligations. Pitt being Pitt though... Even I could have predicted that one.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
I haven't watched a basketball game since I went to a Montana game in 2008. I went with a Finnish guy who wanted to go...we talked about the SM-Liiga the entire time.

I haven't paid attention to a basketball game since Brandin Knight played for Pitt.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
Kovifan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
I luckily blacked out shortly after the game. Jim Beam has a way of doing that. The lessons for you youngsters is, never root for Pitt.
I'm almost 32. Old enough for me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I must be getting older, but I just have no desire to watch March Madness. Today was quite boring.
The Marquette game was insane. I told my wife who picked Davidson barring some craziness it is their game. Marquette end up winning. She wasn't amused

Old
03-22-2013, 01:36 AM
JTG

I also used to love doing the March Madness stuff, but with less time, I watched less basketball, and I'm not one to fill out a bracket blindly and throw 20 bucks on it. I have generally watched much less sports as I've gotten older, which is very odd. I used to participate in March Madness and multiple football pools every year. Now I don't do any of them. I don't watch anything aside from Penguins games and Steelers games. I was very surprise how many other teams I watched when I got the free Center Ice package though.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:27 AM
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP

Today was a pretty weak day of March Madness. Marquette game really the only thriller. (didn't get to see the Harvard upset)

In other news, Jordan Jefferson is the Pittsburgh Power starting QB! Let's see if he can get the team past the 50. Or is that the 25 now.. or maybe he'll just get kicked off the team for drug use, again.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:32 PM
AgentM

Okay I'm switching my WR allegiance in this draft. Cordarrelle Patterson tackle breaking machine. He looks like Barry Sanders with some of his jukes and head fakes. At his size it's amazing how elusive he is.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:09 PM
Iggy Smalls

Wasn't it the Power that released their team roster before/during/after a dinner at Olive Garden?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
sniugneP

Sources say Steelers to talk with Urlacher.

Link - Urlacher

Thoughts? It's weird to see him in Steeler uniform if that happens.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:12 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I love Urlacher but we have Timmons and just gave Foote starter money IIRC. Steelers only have about 2 million in cap space too and he called the Bears 2 million offer a slap in the face.

Closed Thread