HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: Steelers Draft OLB Jarvis Jones

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 06:05 PM
  #526
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock
 
Wes C Addle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Allentown, Pa
Country: United States
Posts: 1,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovifan27 View Post
I punched out. Couldn't take that game anymore. That was just ugly.
I luckily blacked out shortly after the game. Jim Beam has a way of doing that. The lessons for you youngsters is, never root for Pitt.

Wes C Addle is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:05 PM
  #527
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,507
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordax View Post
no clue why i picked them in my office pool
i got the first eight games right. but it turns out i forgot to pick a winner. still leading the pool.

Crafton is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 06:41 PM
  #528
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,006
vCash: 500
Jarvis Jones had unimpressive at Pro Day. He ran slow 4.9 in 40. He could drop to our pick. Would you guys take him?

Link - Jarvis Jones at Pro Day

sniugneP is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:04 PM
  #529
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP
 
wheelz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 3m
RT @MattNorlander Jamie Dixon on job status: "I just had my point guard break down here. It's the farthest thing from my mind."
Your point guard just played the worst game of his life and looked like he could care less the whole game. Turnover after turnover. Zero energy or passion at all. Completely lifeless. JR played miles better. And Adams showed up too. Zanna can **** off. So can Zeigler.

So..Lets go Buckeyes! Speaking of point guards though, Aaron Craft is something special. Every whistle he gathers the team together and gets them going, hustles for every loose ball. Just a great player for a kid that has pretty bad shooting skills.

wheelz87 is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
  #530
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,006
vCash: 500
I think Aaron Craft will be a great coach someday.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:07 PM
  #531
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,522
vCash: 500
Word is the Steelers were the only ones who voted against one of the new rules.

JTG is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
  #532
End of Line
Moderator
Human After All
 
End of Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 19,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz87 View Post
Your point guard just played the worst game of his life and looked like he could care less the whole game. Turnover after turnover. Zero energy or passion at all. Completely lifeless. JR played miles better. And Adams showed up too. Zanna can **** off. So can Zeigler.

So..Lets go Buckeyes! Speaking of point guards though, Aaron Craft is something special. Every whistle he gathers the team together and gets them going, hustles for every loose ball. Just a great player for a kid that has pretty bad shooting skills.
Craft really is a special player. I've never seen a PG quite like him before. Never gets rattled and keeps going while shutting down the best the opposing team has to offer night in and night out. Never gives up and plays right til the last whistle.


__________________

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:09 PM
  #533
UnrealMachine
Registered User
 
UnrealMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Jarvis Jones had unimpressive at Pro Day. He ran slow 4.9 in 40. He could drop to our pick. Would you guys take him?

Link - Jarvis Jones at Pro Day
Yes. I'm more interested in how long it takes him to get ~8 yards than 40 yards. Plenty of tape demonstrating the former. 1 day of data establishing the latter.

UnrealMachine is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:12 PM
  #534
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealMachine View Post
Yes. I'm more interested in how long it takes him to get ~8 yards than 40 yards. Plenty of tape demonstrating the former. 1 day of data establishing the latter.
Yeah, Suggs ran 4.9 too. It's meaningless. You have to watch Jones on the field. He was dominating at Georgia. I'm so tempted to pick him. He's top 5 talent.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
  #535
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniugneP View Post
Yeah, Suggs ran 4.9 too. It's meaningless. You have to watch Jones on the field. He was dominating at Georgia. I'm so tempted to pick him. He's top 5 talent.
If Jones is there I will flip $*** if we don't draft him

AgentM is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
  #536
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,522
vCash: 500
I have never been a huge fan of Jones, and Ogletree is the class of that linebacking corps, IMO. I think Jones horrendous against the run, and if he isn't playing behind a great DE to keep him clean, I think he'll struggle mightily. He'll probably never be a 3 down linebacker. This isn't bringing into the equation the very, very, VERY serious health and injury concern he has with the spine problem. I'd rather not have the headache. I think Ogletree could be a monster OLB. That being said, do you want to deal with the off the field ******** that comes along with him?

Chance Warmack is still my guy, followed by Vaccaro. If Warmack isn't there, I'd honestly rather back up.

JTG is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 08:55 PM
  #537
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I have never been a huge fan of Jones, and Ogletree is the class of that linebacking corps, IMO. I think Jones horrendous against the run, and if he isn't playing behind a great DE to keep him clean, I think he'll struggle mightily. He'll probably never be a 3 down linebacker. This isn't bringing into the equation the very, very, VERY serious health and injury concern he has with the spine problem. I'd rather not have the headache. I think Ogletree could be a monster OLB. That being said, do you want to deal with the off the field ******** that comes along with him?

Chance Warmack is still my guy, followed by Vaccaro. If Warmack isn't there, I'd honestly rather back up.
Ogletree reminds me of Kendrell Bell in terms of overall speed and athleticism. But I can't see the Steelers drafting him after the problems with the last draft class.

I think Warmack will be gone by 17. I'd be happy with Vaccaro there though. And I'm starting to prefer Cordarelle Patterson over Keenan Allen. Patterson makes people miss like Barry Sanders, I've never seen a big wideout with moves like his.

AgentM is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:26 PM
  #538
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Craft really is a special player. I've never seen a PG quite like him before. Never gets rattled and keeps going while shutting down the best the opposing team has to offer night in and night out. Never gives up and plays right til the last whistle.

He drives me insane. Great defensive player and passer, but he refuses to take the wide open shot or drive. When he does - this team elevates to another level. (both times in 2nd half of MSU)

ColePens is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:48 PM
  #539
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 500
Found this James Harrison pic on Max Starks twitter.


Captain Hook is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 09:49 PM
  #540
Shockmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Found this James Harrison pic on Max Starks twitter.



Oh god..... that's priceless right there.

Shockmaster is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:05 PM
  #541
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 32,028
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
I must be getting older, but I just have no desire to watch March Madness. Today was quite boring.

ColePens is online now  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:09 PM
  #542
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 500
I have almost no interest in college basketball but the tournament is usually good. I didn't get to see much of it today because of other obligations. Pitt being Pitt though... Even I could have predicted that one.

Captain Hook is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:12 PM
  #543
Big McLargehuge
Moderator
Buff Drinklots
 
Big McLargehuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Germany
Posts: 53,473
vCash: 422
I haven't watched a basketball game since I went to a Montana game in 2008. I went with a Finnish guy who wanted to go...we talked about the SM-Liiga the entire time.

I haven't paid attention to a basketball game since Brandin Knight played for Pitt.

__________________
“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline  
Old
03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
  #544
Kovifan27
Registered User
 
Kovifan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
I luckily blacked out shortly after the game. Jim Beam has a way of doing that. The lessons for you youngsters is, never root for Pitt.
I'm almost 32. Old enough for me haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I must be getting older, but I just have no desire to watch March Madness. Today was quite boring.
The Marquette game was insane. I told my wife who picked Davidson barring some craziness it is their game. Marquette end up winning. She wasn't amused

Kovifan27 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 01:36 AM
  #545
JTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Sierra Leone
Posts: 38,522
vCash: 500
I also used to love doing the March Madness stuff, but with less time, I watched less basketball, and I'm not one to fill out a bracket blindly and throw 20 bucks on it. I have generally watched much less sports as I've gotten older, which is very odd. I used to participate in March Madness and multiple football pools every year. Now I don't do any of them. I don't watch anything aside from Penguins games and Steelers games. I was very surprise how many other teams I watched when I got the free Center Ice package though.

JTG is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 03:27 AM
  #546
wheelz87
Pens Predictor CHAMP
 
wheelz87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 2,162
vCash: 500
Today was a pretty weak day of March Madness. Marquette game really the only thriller. (didn't get to see the Harvard upset)

In other news, Jordan Jefferson is the Pittsburgh Power starting QB! Let's see if he can get the team past the 50. Or is that the 25 now.. or maybe he'll just get kicked off the team for drug use, again.

wheelz87 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 07:32 PM
  #547
AgentM
Registered User
 
AgentM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Allison Park, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,825
vCash: 500
Okay I'm switching my WR allegiance in this draft. Cordarrelle Patterson tackle breaking machine. He looks like Barry Sanders with some of his jukes and head fakes. At his size it's amazing how elusive he is.


AgentM is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:09 PM
  #548
Iggy Smalls
Registered User
 
Iggy Smalls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Wasn't it the Power that released their team roster before/during/after a dinner at Olive Garden?

Iggy Smalls is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
  #549
sniugneP
Registered User
 
sniugneP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,006
vCash: 500
Sources say Steelers to talk with Urlacher.

Link - Urlacher

Thoughts? It's weird to see him in Steeler uniform if that happens.

sniugneP is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:12 PM
  #550
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,380
vCash: 500
I love Urlacher but we have Timmons and just gave Foote starter money IIRC. Steelers only have about 2 million in cap space too and he called the Bears 2 million offer a slap in the face.

Captain Hook is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.