HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

rey72335's 2013 NHL Mock Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 06:15 AM
  #1
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,701
vCash: 50
rey72335's 2013 NHL Mock Draft

1. Florida Panthers – Nathan MacKinnon, C, Halifax (QMJHL)
2. Colorado Avalanche – Seth Jones, D, Portland (WHL)
3. Calgary Flames – Alexander Barkov, C, Tappara (SM-liiga)
4. Philadelphia Flyers – Jonathan Drouin, LW, Halifax (QMJHL)
5. Washington Capitals – Elias Lindholm, C, Brynas (SEL)
6. Tampa Bay Lightning – Valeri Nichushkin, LW, Chelyabinsk (KHL)
7. Buffalo Sabres – Hunter Shinkaruk, LW, Medicine Hat (WHL)
8. New York Islanders – Sean Monahan, C, Ottawa (OHL)
9. Edmonton Oilers – Darnell Nurse, D, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
10. Nashville Predators – Adam Erne, RW, Quebec (QMJHL)
11. Phoenix Coyotes – Ryan Pulock, D, Brandon (WHL)
12. Columbus Blue Jackets – Frederik Gauthier, C, Rimouski (QMJHL)
13. Dallas Stars – Rasmus Ristolainen, D, TPS (SM-liiga)
14. Columbus Blue Jackets * - Alexander Wennberg, C, Djurgardens (SEL)
15. Carolina Hurricanes – Nikita Zadorov, D, London (OHL)
16. San Jose Sharks – Max Domi, C, London (OHL)
17. Detroit Red Wings – Josh Morrissey, D, Prince Albert (WHL)
18. New Jersey Devils – Anthony Mantha, LW, Val-d’Or (QMJHL)
19. Winnipeg Jets – Valentin Zykov, LW, Baie-Comeau (QMJHL)
20. St. Louis Blues – Bo Horvat, C, London (OHL)
21. Toronto Maple Leafs – Zach Fucale, G, Halifax (QMJHL)
22. Vancouver Canucks – Curtis Lazar, C, Edmonton (WHL)
23. Columbus Blue Jackets ** - Mirco Mueller, D, Everett (WHL)
24. Minnesota Wild – Nicolas Petan, C, Portland (WHL)
25. Ottawa Senators – Ryan Hartman, RW, Plymouth (OHL)
26. Boston Bruins – Robert Hagg, D, Modo (SEL)
27. Montreal Canadiens – Andre Burakovsky, LW, Malmo (SWE)
28. Pittsburgh Penguins – Jason Dickenson, LW, Guelph (OHL)
29. Anaheim Ducks – Anthony Duclair, LW, Quebec (QMJHL)
30. Chicago Blackhawks – Artturi Lehkonen, RW, KalPa (SM-liiga)

* - New York Rangers
** - Los Angeles Kings


Last edited by George Maharis: 03-22-2013 at 06:39 AM.
George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 07:48 PM
  #2
Boedker89
Registered User
 
Boedker89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 497
vCash: 500
Yotes won't draft another d-man.

Boedker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:08 PM
  #3
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
 
LatvianTwist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston
Country: Tibet
Posts: 18,477
vCash: 500
Love this for Dallas.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:23 PM
  #4
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedker89 View Post
Yotes won't draft another d-man.
They were one of the hardest to try and pick for. I couldn't figure out who would be the "right pick" so I just went BPA. Who would you want at that spot??

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 11:12 PM
  #5
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,970
vCash: 1379
Not bad, but there are a couple significant issues.

The first is that there is no way Buffalo takes Shinkaruk over Monahan. I know they're knee-deep in young centers, but what they're really really missing is an elite defensive center with significant offensive value. Monahan fits them like a glove. They could just move Ennis back to wing, and go Grigorenko-Hodgson-Monahan down the middle.

Second is that I highly doubt Phoenix drafts Pulock over Wennberg, Gauthier, or Lazar. Wennberg fits their needs very well. He's a do-it-all player who's got size and skating and is also a countryman of OEL. Gauthier has tons of potential. Lazar is a prototypical Yotes forward who's a teammate of Henrik Sammuelsson. They need a forward pretty badly.

Thirdly, Marco Mueller would be a terrible pick for Columbus there. Kid has nothing that's convinced me he's a first rounder, and Columbus is swimming in defensive prospects.

Also, I doubt Duclair goes in the first round, nor Petan.

And as a personal gripe, I really just don't have a good feeling about Domi. I'm pro-Sharks taking a forward, but at that position I'd take Morrissey. Or even Lazar.

Otherwise, good work. Particularly, I thought Erne to Nashville, Zadorov to Carolina, and Mantha to Jersey were astute picks.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:14 AM
  #6
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Not bad, but there are a couple significant issues.

The first is that there is no way Buffalo takes Shinkaruk over Monahan. I know they're knee-deep in young centers, but what they're really really missing is an elite defensive center with significant offensive value. Monahan fits them like a glove. They could just move Ennis back to wing, and go Grigorenko-Hodgson-Monahan down the middle.

Second is that I highly doubt Phoenix drafts Pulock over Wennberg, Gauthier, or Lazar. Wennberg fits their needs very well. He's a do-it-all player who's got size and skating and is also a countryman of OEL. Gauthier has tons of potential. Lazar is a prototypical Yotes forward who's a teammate of Henrik Sammuelsson. They need a forward pretty badly.

Thirdly, Marco Mueller would be a terrible pick for Columbus there. Kid has nothing that's convinced me he's a first rounder, and Columbus is swimming in defensive prospects.

Also, I doubt Duclair goes in the first round, nor Petan.

And as a personal gripe, I really just don't have a good feeling about Domi. I'm pro-Sharks taking a forward, but at that position I'd take Morrissey. Or even Lazar.

Otherwise, good work. Particularly, I thought Erne to Nashville, Zadorov to Carolina, and Mantha to Jersey were astute picks.
Buffalo did just that with Girgensons last year. A potential 2nd-line center who plays a defensive game but has offensive talent. I think they need a winger more than another center, as they already have Ennis, Hecht, Hodgson, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Nelson.. compared to Vanek, Foligno, Leino.

With Phoenix, as I said in the post above yours, I had no idea who to choose for them so I just went with BPA. I'll remember that they need a forward for my next mock.

For Columbus, I feel like despite their defensive pool, they should use 1 of their 1sts on a dman. CSS has Mueller at 12th for NA skaters, and Bob McKenzie's list has him 21st, so he seems to have done something to be viewed as a 1st rounder. It's your opinion though, and I get that.

Thanks for the feedback!!

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:43 AM
  #7
Water Knight
Registered User
 
Water Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
I could see the Ducks going for Anthony Duclair . However if Kerby Rychel is still on the board , I wouldn't rule them out on taking him instead.

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:38 AM
  #8
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedker89 View Post
Yotes won't draft another d-man.
Summers is about to walk. Murphy may never walk again. Pulock is a fantastic defenseman. No forward at that spot will be helping us front for a few years anyhow. I'd say Ryan Pulock would be a fantastic selection at that spot, regardless of our desperation for scoring forwards.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:12 PM
  #9
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,992
vCash: 500
Really like Lehkonen at #30 for Chicago.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:35 PM
  #10
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,564
vCash: 50
love Lazar for the Nucks

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
  #11
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!
 
TheKingSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,326
vCash: 500
Leafs are not drafting a goalie in the first round. Its not happening.

TheKingSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 03:27 PM
  #12
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go
 
AwesomePanthers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Norway
Posts: 8,844
vCash: 500
MacKinnon to Florida, LOVE it!

AwesomePanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 06:52 PM
  #13
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
Leafs are not drafting a goalie in the first round. Its not happening.
It's our biggest problem right now... Look at what we have in net. Reimer who's inconsistent and injury prone, and Scrivens who can't handle a damn rebound. Unless we can get Luongo by the deadline, which I doubt happens and I don't want to happen, we're not going to improve.

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 07:55 PM
  #14
EpicNeilTime
Registered User
 
EpicNeilTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Love Hartman to the Sens. Never did I think this team would be picking 25th, I wonder if it stays like that throughout the season.

EpicNeilTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 08:08 PM
  #15
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper
 
George Maharis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,701
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicNeilTime View Post
Love Hartman to the Sens. Never did I think this team would be picking 25th, I wonder if it stays like that throughout the season.
I'm not supposed to say this since I'm a Leafs fan, but I think you will. Now, I don't think you'll get the 25th pick at the draft since that has to do with playoffs and all, but Ottawa should only become better as the season goes since players will be coming back.

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 12:31 PM
  #16
orange is better
than other colors...
 
orange is better's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,165
vCash: 500
No way Drouin falls to #4 for the Flyers. He's a top 3 pick and i think teams will be more inclined to pick him over Barkov. I think even though Calgary has a team need at C, Drouin would be too good to pass up. Jones, Mackinnon and Drouin are pretty interchangeable depending on what each teams needs are. I agree that Florida would pick Mackinnon 1st considering they have a few good young defensemen in Kulikov and Gudbranson and a good young winger in Huberdeau. Colorado would most likely go for Jones. Calgary would be harder to predict. Flyers would likely do whatever possible to get the 1st or 2nd pick to grab Jones, but if they ended up picking at 4 in this scenario and jones was off the board i think they'd go BPA or trade the pick for multiple 1sts and grab a defenseman and a winger.

other notes:
i don't think Nurse falls to #9.
i don't think Frederik Gauthier goes that high.
i don't think the Coyotes take defenseman.
i don't think Meuller goes that high.

the rest looks pretty plausible though.

orange is better is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:49 PM
  #17
SabresHockey66
Registered User
 
SabresHockey66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Buffalo did just that with Girgensons last year. A potential 2nd-line center who plays a defensive game but has offensive talent. I think they need a winger more than another center, as they already have Ennis, Hecht, Hodgson, Grigorenko, Girgensons, Nelson.. compared to Vanek, Foligno, Leino.
TheJuxtaposer is absolutely right about Buffalo.

Girgensons isn't even playing center in the AHL yet and there is no guarantee he makes it as a center in the NHL or that his offense develops at the pro level. Monahan would be a perfect fit for us. Besides that, Ennis is probably better suited to wing in the long run, Hecht is long gone after this year and Grigs showed he is still a few years out. Monahan is potentially NHL ready, has the offensive chops for a eventual top 6 center AND has excellent defensive skills. Monahan would be the pick, no question about it.

SabresHockey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2013, 05:50 PM
  #18
KeziaTML
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Fine with taking Fucale. We need someone like him in the system.

KeziaTML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 01:24 PM
  #19
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!
 
Hockeypete49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 4,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
No way Drouin falls to #4 for the Flyers. He's a top 3 pick and i think teams will be more inclined to pick him over Barkov. I think even though Calgary has a team need at C, Drouin would be too good to pass up. Jones, Mackinnon and Drouin are pretty interchangeable depending on what each teams needs are. I agree that Florida would pick Mackinnon 1st considering they have a few good young defensemen in Kulikov and Gudbranson and a good young winger in Huberdeau. Colorado would most likely go for Jones. Calgary would be harder to predict. Flyers would likely do whatever possible to get the 1st or 2nd pick to grab Jones, but if they ended up picking at 4 in this scenario and jones was off the board i think they'd go BPA or trade the pick for multiple 1sts and grab a defenseman and a winger. other notes:
i don't think Nurse falls to #9.
i don't think Frederik Gauthier goes that high.
i don't think the Coyotes take defenseman.
i don't think Meuller goes that high.

the rest looks pretty plausible though.
I agree with you concerning the Flyers at four and it would not surprise me to see them select Nurse.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:00 PM
  #20
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Knight View Post
I could see the Ducks going for Anthony Duclair . However if Kerby Rychel is still on the board , I wouldn't rule them out on taking him instead.
This...

Kerby Rychel is the typical big bodied player with skill the Ducks love! Plus he was a local Cali kid!

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2013, 12:03 PM
  #21
Jakey53
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boedker89 View Post
Yotes won't draft another d-man.
They will draft the BPA regardless of position.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2013, 11:29 AM
  #22
Sundinisagod
next great swede
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 8,331
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingSlayer View Post
Leafs are not drafting a goalie in the first round. Its not happening.
I could see it happening, especially if it's the pick is in the 2nd half of the 1st round.

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 12:58 AM
  #23
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
I could see it happening, especially if it's the pick is in the 2nd half of the 1st round.
If that's the case, I want Hagg.

I'm not saying that non-lottery Swedish defensemen (Karlsson, OEL, Brodin, Klefbom) are always awesome, but non-lottery Swedish defenseman are always awesome

7even is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:10 PM
  #24
Irish Eric
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
The Leafs will not draft a goalie in the first round! Every expert has them taking a centre. Do some research and stop ruining all your mock drafts. That is all.

Irish Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2013, 10:14 PM
  #25
Irish Eric
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Why do you keep mocking a goalie to the Leafs? It will never happen every expert in every legit mock draft have them taking a centre. Do some research Fucale is a joke. Give me Lazar or Horvat I bet you want the Leafs to trade for Kipper as well.

Irish Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.