HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1989 View Post
Gillies was named Hockey East's Rookie of the Year.
Pens prospect Scott Wilson just had a dirty snipe on Gillies. you want him?

just kidding, really like Gilles from what i've seen over the season.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:40 PM
NWAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Iginla would be perfect in Vancouver. I really want to see him play for the Canucks and would offer up quite a bit to see that happen. From a Flames' fan perspective what would it take to get it done? The only player that's untouchable is Kassian.
Why Kassian of all people? I havent watched much nucks hockey this year, almost none...

Old
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Stats01

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping it Blue View Post
Not really a fan of either team, but I'm hoping for Iggy to the Pens which will lead to a cup. Unless, the Leafs get in the way. Leafs/Pens would make a good playoff series.
I'm hoping we finish 5th or 6th, I want nothing to do with Pittsburgh in the first round. I could handle MTL, WPG/CAR but not PITT. It would be a quick series and this is coming from a Leafs fan.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Stats01

Iginla to Pit is inevitable in my mind. It's the perfect match for him. On a contender on the same line with Crosby..look out. Just have to figure out the price.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:53 PM
mich25

I think it will come down to Pittsburgh and the Bruins with Iginla with the final say. I have a funny feeling though and instinct he'll end up with the Bruins. I mean they were very interested in Corey Perry so it makes me think they are now very interested in Iginla and I know they were interested in him in the past and even Marc Savard reached out to him about Boston, but Calgary wasn't ready to part ways with him. The way I see it is that Iginla playing with Crosby or Malkin would be really fun to watch and see, but I think Iginla fits better with the Bruins style of play. Just my opinion. Does Iginla think the Bruins are the better overall team though come playoff time (basing that off the past few years with Pitt's shaky goaltending and defense), or would he be excited about the opportunity to play with 2 unbelievable offensively gifted players? Also rumors are that more Scouts/GMs have inquired about Subban than any other Bruins prospect - so he can't be too bad. I find that interesting though - whose looking for goaltending help? I have heard/read that Calgary would be looking for a goaltender too, so it's kind of interesting to hear on this board that fans are very satisfied with what they have...Also read Calgary would be looking for a top 4 defensive prospect? Interesting that a writer said (I'm sure it's just speculation) that Iginla could be playing his last 2 games. That would would mean he would probably be traded by Monday...kind of interesting that the Bruins play the Canadiens on Wednesday at home..just saying. I know that's just pure talk though.

Last edited by mich25: 03-22-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
I think it will come down to Pittsburgh and the Bruins with Iginla with the final say. I have a funny feeling though and instinct he'll end up with the Bruins. I mean they were very interested in Corey Perry so it makes me think they are now very interested in Iginla and I know they were interested in him in the past and even Marc Savard reached out to him about Boston, but Calgary wasn't ready to part ways with him. The way I see it is that Iginla playing with Crosby or Malkin would be really fun to watch and see, but I think Iginla fits better with the Bruins style of play. Just my opinion. Does Iginla think the Bruins are the better overall team though come playoff time (basing that off the past few years with Pitt's shaky goaltending and defense), or would he be excited about the opportunity to play with 2 unbelievable offensively gifted players? Also rumors are that more Scouts/GMs have inquired about Subban than any other Bruins prospect - so he can't be too bad. I find that interesting though - whose looking for goaltending help? I have heard/read that Calgary would be looking for a goaltender too, so it's kind of interesting to hear on this board that fans are very satisfied with what they have...Also read Calgary would be looking for a top 4 defensive prospect? Interesting that a writer said (I'm sure it's just speculation) that Iginla could be playing his last 2 games. That would would mean he would probably be traded by Monday...kind of interesting that the Bruins play the Canadiens on Wednesday at home..just saying. I know that's just pure talk though.
This is going to be a tough and emotional decision I think it happens a day or so before the deadline. It's going to take some time. Speculation is just speculation.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:11 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7venbarschi View Post
Some Flames blogger who likes to make things up is saying Horton and Subban for Iginla. Something about the deal is going down soon. Like I said he makes rumors up.
Flames Jambalaya ‏@FlamesJambalaya

Now looks like he deleted the tweet.
Makes sense. Why would Calgary deal for Horton in a two piece package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
It's going to be a really interesting/fascinating game of chicken, made only more interesting/fascinating to watch given the emergence of social media. Hasn't been a big TDL fish like Iggy since Hossa, no?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
remer

Horton, Koko, Ference and a 2nd rd pick for
Iginla and Bowmeister.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:17 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

I just want Flames fans to know if he comes to Pittsburgh, we'll treat him with the proper amount of love and respect and give him back to you in better condition than he was when he left.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
Ashasx

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I just want Flames fans to know if he comes to Pittsburgh, we'll treat him with the proper amount of love and respect and give him back to you in better condition than he was when he left.
Glad to hear.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:22 PM
jaromeyI

#freeiginla

Old
03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Horton, Koko, Ference and a 2nd rd pick for
Iginla and Bowmeister.
Just stop. It's still wholly awful.

And it's Bouwmeester.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:25 PM
De Montreal
help

Iginla with Crosby would be real good for hockey.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Just stop. It's still wholly awful.

And it's Bouwmeester.
Who will account for over 10% of a team's cap hit next year.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Glad to hear.
except for the guys who think he'd be the 5th best top-6 winger on the team. But ....

Old
03-22-2013, 10:51 PM
gordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Not to mention possibly giving him something to wear on his finger he can be proud of.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:16 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Neuvirth
Johansson
Schultz
1st

Iginla
Kipprusoff

Like I've been saying caps will win SE division

Old
03-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Some Other Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post

Neuvirth
Johansson
Schultz
1st

Iginla
Kipprusoff

Like I've been saying caps will win SE division
Neither side does this. Flames can do better than that, not to mention they should go after futures. Caps can't risk giving away a potential top ten pick.

The chances Iginla waives his NTC to go to Washington are remote in any case.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:24 PM
ThePsychicSaw

Kipper is overkill.

Personally I think caps should find a veteran BACKUP like a giguere

And pickup iginla

I just think

1st (they will win SE division)
Johansson
Neuvirth

For iginla

Is overpayment, but I'd still do it

Old
03-22-2013, 11:29 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I think it's between the Kings and the Hawks. Don't see him going to the east. I think the west will win the Cup again so I think he'd take a west team.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:38 PM
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

What is LA going to give up for Iginla?

Brown and a 1st?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post

Brown and a 1st?
Are you crazy?

Old
03-22-2013, 11:50 PM
zero8771

Honestly I know I'm close to alone but I'd be surprised if Calgary gets 1st + Maata + roster player for Iginla. I think if that 1st is a conditional its more likely to happen. Maybe a 2nd + Maata + Roster or something along those lines.

Honestly every Trade deadline I see the top trade baits have an "agreed upon" value. Every year they go for signifcantly less (and HFboards never seems to catch on). Since 1st + maata + roster is pretty agreed upon, I'm going to stay slightly less. Even if its 2014 1st + maata + tk

Old
03-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardin087 View Post
Honestly I know I'm close to alone but I'd be surprised if Calgary gets 1st + Maata + roster player for Iginla. I think if that 1st is a conditional its more likely to happen. Maybe a 2nd + Maata + Roster or something along those lines.

Honestly every Trade deadline I see the top trade baits have an "agreed upon" value. Every year they go for signifcantly less (and HFboards never seems to catch on). Since 1st + maata + roster is pretty agreed upon, I'm going to stay slightly less. Even if its 2014 1st + maata + tk
They're going to get a 1st and an above average prospect. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just what team is going to give the better prospect.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:19 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post

Brown and a 1st?
The Kings don't have their first and you're crazy.

Closed Thread