HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

The Process of Trading Jarome Iginla Has Begun - Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-22-2013, 07:53 PM
  #401
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson
 
Crafton's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1989 View Post
Gillies was named Hockey East's Rookie of the Year.
Pens prospect Scott Wilson just had a dirty snipe on Gillies. you want him?

just kidding, really like Gilles from what i've seen over the season.

Crafton is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:40 PM
  #402
NWAvs
Registered User
 
NWAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Seattle
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
Iginla would be perfect in Vancouver. I really want to see him play for the Canucks and would offer up quite a bit to see that happen. From a Flames' fan perspective what would it take to get it done? The only player that's untouchable is Kassian.
Why Kassian of all people? I havent watched much nucks hockey this year, almost none...

NWAvs is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:46 PM
  #403
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,431
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping it Blue View Post
Not really a fan of either team, but I'm hoping for Iggy to the Pens which will lead to a cup. Unless, the Leafs get in the way. Leafs/Pens would make a good playoff series.
I'm hoping we finish 5th or 6th, I want nothing to do with Pittsburgh in the first round. I could handle MTL, WPG/CAR but not PITT. It would be a quick series and this is coming from a Leafs fan.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:48 PM
  #404
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,431
vCash: 250
Iginla to Pit is inevitable in my mind. It's the perfect match for him. On a contender on the same line with Crosby..look out. Just have to figure out the price.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 09:53 PM
  #405
mich25
Registered User
 
mich25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
I think it will come down to Pittsburgh and the Bruins with Iginla with the final say. I have a funny feeling though and instinct he'll end up with the Bruins. I mean they were very interested in Corey Perry so it makes me think they are now very interested in Iginla and I know they were interested in him in the past and even Marc Savard reached out to him about Boston, but Calgary wasn't ready to part ways with him. The way I see it is that Iginla playing with Crosby or Malkin would be really fun to watch and see, but I think Iginla fits better with the Bruins style of play. Just my opinion. Does Iginla think the Bruins are the better overall team though come playoff time (basing that off the past few years with Pitt's shaky goaltending and defense), or would he be excited about the opportunity to play with 2 unbelievable offensively gifted players? Also rumors are that more Scouts/GMs have inquired about Subban than any other Bruins prospect - so he can't be too bad. I find that interesting though - whose looking for goaltending help? I have heard/read that Calgary would be looking for a goaltender too, so it's kind of interesting to hear on this board that fans are very satisfied with what they have...Also read Calgary would be looking for a top 4 defensive prospect? Interesting that a writer said (I'm sure it's just speculation) that Iginla could be playing his last 2 games. That would would mean he would probably be traded by Monday...kind of interesting that the Bruins play the Canadiens on Wednesday at home..just saying. I know that's just pure talk though.


Last edited by mich25: 03-22-2013 at 09:59 PM.
mich25 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:10 PM
  #406
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,431
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
I think it will come down to Pittsburgh and the Bruins with Iginla with the final say. I have a funny feeling though and instinct he'll end up with the Bruins. I mean they were very interested in Corey Perry so it makes me think they are now very interested in Iginla and I know they were interested in him in the past and even Marc Savard reached out to him about Boston, but Calgary wasn't ready to part ways with him. The way I see it is that Iginla playing with Crosby or Malkin would be really fun to watch and see, but I think Iginla fits better with the Bruins style of play. Just my opinion. Does Iginla think the Bruins are the better overall team though come playoff time (basing that off the past few years with Pitt's shaky goaltending and defense), or would he be excited about the opportunity to play with 2 unbelievable offensively gifted players? Also rumors are that more Scouts/GMs have inquired about Subban than any other Bruins prospect - so he can't be too bad. I find that interesting though - whose looking for goaltending help? I have heard/read that Calgary would be looking for a goaltender too, so it's kind of interesting to hear on this board that fans are very satisfied with what they have...Also read Calgary would be looking for a top 4 defensive prospect? Interesting that a writer said (I'm sure it's just speculation) that Iginla could be playing his last 2 games. That would would mean he would probably be traded by Monday...kind of interesting that the Bruins play the Canadiens on Wednesday at home..just saying. I know that's just pure talk though.
This is going to be a tough and emotional decision I think it happens a day or so before the deadline. It's going to take some time. Speculation is just speculation.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:11 PM
  #407
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 31,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7venbarschi View Post
Some Flames blogger who likes to make things up is saying Horton and Subban for Iginla. Something about the deal is going down soon. Like I said he makes rumors up.
Flames Jambalaya ‏@FlamesJambalaya

Now looks like he deleted the tweet.
Makes sense. Why would Calgary deal for Horton in a two piece package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich25 View Post
I think it will come down to Pittsburgh and the Bruins with Iginla with the final say. I have a funny feeling though and instinct he'll end up with the Bruins. I mean they were very interested in Corey Perry so it makes me think they are now very interested in Iginla and I know they were interested in him in the past and even Marc Savard reached out to him about Boston, but Calgary wasn't ready to part ways with him. The way I see it is that Iginla playing with Crosby or Malkin would be really fun to watch and see, but I think Iginla fits better with the Bruins style of play. Just my opinion. Does Iginla think the Bruins are the better overall team though come playoff time (basing that off the past few years with Pitt's shaky goaltending and defense), or would he be excited about the opportunity to play with 2 unbelievable offensively gifted players? Also rumors are that more Scouts/GMs have inquired about Subban than any other Bruins prospect - so he can't be too bad. I find that interesting though - whose looking for goaltending help? I have heard/read that Calgary would be looking for a goaltender too, so it's kind of interesting to hear on this board that fans are very satisfied with what they have...Also read Calgary would be looking for a top 4 defensive prospect? Interesting that a writer said (I'm sure it's just speculation) that Iginla could be playing his last 2 games. That would would mean he would probably be traded by Monday...kind of interesting that the Bruins play the Canadiens on Wednesday at home..just saying. I know that's just pure talk though.
It's going to be a really interesting/fascinating game of chicken, made only more interesting/fascinating to watch given the emergence of social media. Hasn't been a big TDL fish like Iggy since Hossa, no?

KIRK is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
  #408
remer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Horton, Koko, Ference and a 2nd rd pick for
Iginla and Bowmeister.

remer is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:17 PM
  #409
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,292
vCash: 500
I just want Flames fans to know if he comes to Pittsburgh, we'll treat him with the proper amount of love and respect and give him back to you in better condition than he was when he left.

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:19 PM
  #410
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I just want Flames fans to know if he comes to Pittsburgh, we'll treat him with the proper amount of love and respect and give him back to you in better condition than he was when he left.
Glad to hear.

Ashasx is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:22 PM
  #411
jaromeyI
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
#freeiginla

jaromeyI is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:24 PM
  #412
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post
Horton, Koko, Ference and a 2nd rd pick for
Iginla and Bowmeister.
Just stop. It's still wholly awful.

And it's Bouwmeester.

Some Other Flame is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:25 PM
  #413
De Montreal
help
 
De Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: omg montréal lolzzz
Country: Martinique
Posts: 5,337
vCash: 500
Iginla with Crosby would be real good for hockey.

De Montreal is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
  #414
KIRK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 31,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
Just stop. It's still wholly awful.

And it's Bouwmeester.
Who will account for over 10% of a team's cap hit next year.

KIRK is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:42 PM
  #415
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White
 
IcedCapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Glad to hear.
except for the guys who think he'd be the 5th best top-6 winger on the team. But ....

IcedCapp is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 10:51 PM
  #416
gordie
Registered User
 
gordie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
I just want Flames fans to know if he comes to Pittsburgh, we'll treat him with the proper amount of love and respect and give him back to you in better condition than he was when he left.
Not to mention possibly giving him something to wear on his finger he can be proud of.

gordie is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:16 PM
  #417
ThePsychicSaw
Registered User
 
ThePsychicSaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500

Neuvirth
Johansson
Schultz
1st


Iginla
Kipprusoff


Like I've been saying caps will win SE division

ThePsychicSaw is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:19 PM
  #418
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 820
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsychicSaw View Post

Neuvirth
Johansson
Schultz
1st


Iginla
Kipprusoff


Like I've been saying caps will win SE division
Neither side does this. Flames can do better than that, not to mention they should go after futures. Caps can't risk giving away a potential top ten pick.

The chances Iginla waives his NTC to go to Washington are remote in any case.

Some Other Flame is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:24 PM
  #419
ThePsychicSaw
Registered User
 
ThePsychicSaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,093
vCash: 500
Kipper is overkill.

Personally I think caps should find a veteran BACKUP like a giguere

And pickup iginla

I just think

1st (they will win SE division)
Johansson
Neuvirth

For iginla

Is overpayment, but I'd still do it

ThePsychicSaw is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:29 PM
  #420
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
I think it's between the Kings and the Hawks. Don't see him going to the east. I think the west will win the Cup again so I think he'd take a west team.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:38 PM
  #421
roready
Brink, Truth, Life
 
roready's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: iligbpa
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
What is LA going to give up for Iginla?

Brown and a 1st?

roready is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:42 PM
  #422
Tender Rip
Learning from Scuds?
 
Tender Rip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Shanghai, China
Posts: 12,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
What is LA going to give up for Iginla?

Brown and a 1st?
Are you crazy?

Tender Rip is offline  
Old
03-22-2013, 11:50 PM
  #423
zero8771
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Honestly I know I'm close to alone but I'd be surprised if Calgary gets 1st + Maata + roster player for Iginla. I think if that 1st is a conditional its more likely to happen. Maybe a 2nd + Maata + Roster or something along those lines.

Honestly every Trade deadline I see the top trade baits have an "agreed upon" value. Every year they go for signifcantly less (and HFboards never seems to catch on). Since 1st + maata + roster is pretty agreed upon, I'm going to stay slightly less. Even if its 2014 1st + maata + tk

zero8771 is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 12:06 AM
  #424
Petes2424
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardin087 View Post
Honestly I know I'm close to alone but I'd be surprised if Calgary gets 1st + Maata + roster player for Iginla. I think if that 1st is a conditional its more likely to happen. Maybe a 2nd + Maata + Roster or something along those lines.

Honestly every Trade deadline I see the top trade baits have an "agreed upon" value. Every year they go for signifcantly less (and HFboards never seems to catch on). Since 1st + maata + roster is pretty agreed upon, I'm going to stay slightly less. Even if its 2014 1st + maata + tk
They're going to get a 1st and an above average prospect. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just what team is going to give the better prospect.

Petes2424 is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 12:19 AM
  #425
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
What is LA going to give up for Iginla?

Brown and a 1st?
The Kings don't have their first and you're crazy.

Shellz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.