HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LA - Montreal Proposal

Old
08-05-2006, 09:51 PM
riseandfall9

vCash: 500
LA - Montreal Proposal

What would you guys want in return for Souray , Ryder , Ribiero? from the Kings. Please be realistic no O`Sullivan , Kopitar , Visnovski , Tukonen , Cammy , Brown!

No need to flame just curious to see what the Montreal fans have to say.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 09:56 PM
HabuseMoi

well... nothing..

HabuseMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Yeah, LA has nothing of interest to me.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Mikhail Grabovsky*

1st off we are not trading either Ryder nor Souray
2nd off if we can't get Visnovski we don't really desire anyone else in LA

Mikhail Grabovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:13 PM
bayrider

Definately Frolov

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I don't know who for who but out of the names you didn't mention I would be glad to take out of your hands players like:

Frolov (of course....)
McCaulay (always liked him...)
Brian Boyle (as a project...)
Tim Gleason

But Frolov and Gleason would need to be included, that's for sure.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Narg98

Cammalleri is also a great player ! I whould love to have him on my team !

Frolov is also great but hey, it will cost too much.

Narg98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
What would you guys want in return for Souray , Ryder , Ribiero? from the Kings. Please be realistic no O`Sullivan , Kopitar , Visnovski , Tukonen , Cammy , Brown!

So Basically you want our best scorer and our best defensive scorer and you don't want to trade your valuable players ? Beside Frolov, there is nothing interesting in LA if you don't want to give those players.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Now we know how the rest of the board feels!

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 10:54 PM
davenash

I'd love to see Tim Gleason in a Habs uniform but I think that he doesn't like to play in Canada (wasn't it the reason why he asked to be traded when he was with the Sens?). Other than that, eh.

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 11:01 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenash View Post
I'd love to see Tim Gleason in a Habs uniform but I think that he doesn't like to play in Canada (wasn't it the reason why he asked to be traded when he was with the Sens?). Other than that, eh.
the guys had played 4 year in th ohl...so i dont think canada is a problem for him...

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

I don't understand. What not wanting to give anything of value for Ryder and Souray has to do with realism? Do you feel those are scrubs? Depth players who you can get for a package of role players?

I'm not saying they can fetch a huge return, but starting a proposal with "what do you want from us outside of everything valuable we have" is not going to get you any kind of constructive responses.

Out of the players you didn't name, only Conroy interests me. But you're not getting those 3 for him. Maybe one of Souray or Ryder and Ribeiro.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Bugsy

You can have Souray and Ribeiro for Kostopoulos and a 1st round pick!

Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 12:44 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I don't understand. What not wanting to give anything of value for Ryder and Souray has to do with realism? Do you feel those are scrubs? Depth players who you can get for a package of role players?

I'm not saying they can fetch a huge return, but starting a proposal with "what do you want from us outside of everything valuable we have" is not going to get you any kind of constructive responses.

Out of the players you didn't name, only Conroy interests me. But you're not getting those 3 for him. Maybe one of Souray or Ryder and Ribeiro.
Any of them for Conroy is overpayment. Why would you trade any of those three for Conroy? He's not worth it. I can see the onflow of Ribeiro bashing now, so please don't bother.

I agree with Cyrrus147, any proposal satisfying the OP's constraints would be LA fleecing Montreal.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 12:50 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post

No. I was excluding those players because I know managment wont part with them. Unless its for a Franchise player. I was thinking Conroy , Frolov , Belanger and Lababra. My reasons for that is Frolov may mesh well with Samsonov and Kovalev. He isnt becoming a star in LA because all of the pressure on him to be a super star. Our GM doesnt like Frolov because he doesnt like Russians...And it seems like ur Russians are always getting better. Lababra would give u a good backup goalie and would let you move Abby for assets. Conroy is a great Center and a good locker room guy that I dont even know if the Kings would give up but you gotta give somthen good to get somthen good in return. Ribiero and Belanger are a wash in my eyes. They both have bad reps with there current teams and are a little bit of a whipping boy persona with there current organizations. Ryder and Souray would be the main guys of the deal...And Frolov would be the main guy for the Kings. Maybe you think its unfair...Ryder , Souray for Frolov? So i was adding Ribiero in since it seems like you guys are having a hard time getting rid of him.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:07 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No. I was excluding those players because I know managment wont part with them. Unless its for a Franchise player. I was thinking Conroy , Frolov , Belanger and Lababra. My reasons for that is Frolov may mesh well with Samsonov and Kovalev. He isnt becoming a star in LA because all of the pressure on him to be a super star. Our GM doesnt like Frolov because he doesnt like Russians...And it seems like ur Russians are always getting better. Lababra would give u a good backup goalie and would let you move Abby for assets. Conroy is a great Center and a good locker room guy that I dont even know if the Kings would give up but you gotta give somthen good to get somthen good in return. Ribiero and Belanger are a wash in my eyes. They both have bad reps with there current teams and are a little bit of a whipping boy persona with there current organizations. Ryder and Souray would be the main guys of the deal...And Frolov would be the main guy for the Kings. Maybe you think its unfair...Ryder , Souray for Frolov? So i was adding Ribiero in since it seems like you guys are having a hard time getting rid of him.
Okay, not to gang on, but I will dispute your post point by point.

1) If Frolov isn't becoming a star in LA because of "all the pressure" how's he going to fare in Montreal, where hockey isn't a fringe minority sport? Him meshing with Samsonov and Kovalev would be interesting because he's a left wing, not a centre. I also don't think that Montreal is some kind of Russian hockey player breeding ground.

2) We have a better-than-average backup already in Danis, who's stuck in the minors because of Aebischer. We don't need another backup goaltender.

3) Conroy would be a good asset to have (I suppose) but I wouldn't be willing to trade Ryder (23) and Souray (28, though an impending UFA) for him, since then we're short at D and RW, and none of the players you would like to send back address that shortage.

4) Belanger, who has 150 points in 5 seasons with Los Angeles, is hardly a "wash" with Ribeiro. Though Ribeiro had a down season this past year, he's still several strides better than Belanger who, though I don't know much about him, seems to be a defensive liability who also can't score. Not to mention Belanger is also 28, and an impending UFA.

5) None of the proposed deals make much sense to Montreal, and don't address any of our needs, aside from possibly requiring another centre. I'm not interested in lateral moves, or overpaying for Frolov + toss-ins Labarbara and Belanger.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Ryder is already a 30 goals scorer with a potentiel of 40 goals. Sheldon Souray is a good offensive defenseman who can score 20 goals and a guy who bring a lot of leadership to the team.

Frolov (24) is a bit younger than Ryder (26) but he got a career high with goals at 24 and pts career high at 54. Mike Ribeiro did 65 pts at the same age. Michael Ryder score 25 goals at his rookie season when he was 24.

I agree that Frolov always had a high potentiel but nothing show at the moment that he can reach that potentiel. Losing Michael Ryder and Sheldon Souray for a Mike Ribeiro (with a highest potentiel) doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Michael Ryder is not for trade unless Bob Gainey would receive a very good scorer in exchange. A 35 (maybe 40 if he can stay healthly) goals scorer at 2,2M$ is pretty good to me.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 02:11 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Now we know how the rest of the board feels!
hahahaha

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

What about Sean Avery?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Maxpac

Guys don't even bother answering, this is just a sort of ''test'' to see how far we'l go, every asset we have is underrated around Hfboards, from prospects to players.
In a real world, a Ryder, Souray and Ribeiro package would bring a hell of a good return, like Frolov and a prospect or pick, but here Souray only makes defensev mistakes, Ryder is a 3rd liner and Ribeiro....*don't even let me start, you guys just go see the trade proposal boards

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
I like Conroy, as I mentioned, but he alone won't get you both Ryder and Souray, and the other trading assets are all downgrades over what we already have (Belanger over Ribeiro, Frolov over Ryder, Labarbera over Aebischer).

Now specifically about Frolov, I don't like him at all personally. I find he's a constant underachiever with a tendency to take the foot off the pedal and these guys get eaten alive in Montreal. Some see this amazing potential in him, but all I see is a guy with loads of skills who will likely never get close to performing up to his talent level. If you think he feels the pressure in LA, wait 'til he gets in a crazy hockey market like Hab land. This "let's get an other Russian for Mtl" thing is starting to be as overrated as the French Canadian thing (in big part because of our fans I know).

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I was thinking you could wash a deal something like this:
Brown/Ryder
Visnovsky/Souray
Cammalleri/Ribeiro

Obviously, no LA fan is going to anything but gawk in disbelief and run away thinking all Habs fans are nuts when presented with such a list. But realistically, that's what those players are worth within the framework of our team. So if you want them, you have to give us something better, otherwise why would we trade them?

Of course, according to HFBoards trade proposal propaganda, we are all desperate to unload Ribeiro, Ryder, and Souray, for a bag of pucks.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 08:56 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post

4) Belanger, who has 150 points in 5 seasons with Los Angeles, is hardly a "wash" with Ribeiro. Though Ribeiro had a down season this past year, he's still several strides better than Belanger who, though I don't know much about him, seems to be a defensive liability who also can't score. Not to mention Belanger is also 28, and an impending UFA.
Belanger and Ribeiro are totally different type of players. Belanger is not a defensive liability, infact hes been their top penalty killer after Laperriere left.
--

If theres trade between these two teams, I think it would be something involving Souray and Gleason.

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Hey anyone remember the last time we traded with LA?

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Hey anyone remember the last time we traded with LA?
Garon + 3rd for Huet + Bonk? What about it?

Marksman is offline   Reply With Quote