HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gauthier & Scotty Bowman at MTL/BUF scouting those teams

Old
03-22-2013, 02:01 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Galchenyuk +

He's pretty much untouchable at this point. Dude is what 20? and is a mainstay on the top line of one of three best teams in NHL
LOL

If the habs offered Galchenyuk for Saad + 1st CHI wouldnt look back..

The upside of these guys isnt all that close

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
LOL

Pretty sure Hawks say no way.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
1--I can completely understand. It is what it would take to get Eller, though.

2--Proves you have no knowledge about Habs players outside of the TSN boxscore on the occasional Wednesday night.
No it doesn't, Bolland isn't a #2C on the Hawks, and Eller isn't any better than him.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:32 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
LOL

I've watched Montreal play a couple times this season and I saw a few of the U20 tourney games - so I haven't watched Galchenyuk play enough to have an opinion on him. He's probably a pretty good player with a lot of potential.

But I've seen Saad play all 29 games he's played this season and he is the real deal. Very good skater and high hockey IQ. Plays well in all three zones and in front of the net, in the corners and along the boards. He has good vision and passes well. His shot, which was supposed to be a strong suit coming out of juniors, hasn't been great yet but there's no reason to think that won't come around in due time. There were high expectations for Saad and he has exceeded them. He's still only 20 so his power forward game will improve and probably considerably once he gains more experience and confidence.

So - maybe Galchenyuk ends up being a better player, especially considering he's a center where Saad is a winger, but that's not a guarantee and there is not a 1st round draft pick difference between them.

As a Hawks fan, I don't trade Saad for Galchenyuk straight up, let alone add a 1st pick to the deal. Maybe I think differently 2 or 3 years down the road, but today I'd rather have Saad.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
CHI & MON make terrible trading partners. Both teams in serious contention, and the players that are being discussed (Eller, Saad) are both already contributing in a major fashion and have the potential for even more.

From CHI's perspective, If MON decided to move Eller to the Hawks, it would have to be for futures though because the Hawks wouldn't want to open up major holes (Saad playing as 1st line LW, or Hjalmarsson playing #3D) without having a qualified replacement to potentially fill the #2C spot. Totally understand that the Habs are HIGHLY unlikely to move a player like Eller for futures at this point.
Thank you for understanding my point. As I said, I agree that Chicago shouldn't WANT to move Saad, but he would most likely be the primary target if Eller is being asked for.

Quote:
H a w k s Quote:
Hayes and McNeil for Plekanec
Not enough. Plekanec is too valuable to us to move right now. He is our version of Sharp.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
**** that, Eller can't even touch Saad or his potential. I'd hesitate at the Saad/1st for Galchenyuk proposal, that's a really tough call in itself. Eller isn't going to bring you back players like Saad, sorry, but it's a complete fantasy to think that could happen.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
No it doesn't, Bolland isn't a #2C on the Hawks, and Eller isn't any better than him.
See point #2 of my previous post.

Just because you keep trying to say it does not make it true. Bolland is not a #2 center is true. He has been tried there and does not work there. Eller is stuck behind one of the best #2 centers in the entire NHL, so he hasn't been given the opportunity. Even so, while playing with third and fourth liners, he has improved each and every single season.

Eller is very good. He is definitely a #2 center as soon as he gets the chance to be one.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
**** that, Eller can't even touch Saad or his potential. I'd hesitate at the Saad/1st for Galchenyuk proposal, that's a really tough call in itself. Eller isn't going to bring you back players like Saad, sorry, but it's a complete fantasy to think that could happen.
It isn't a fantasy, it is what would realistically be required to get a 2nd line young center who can score and is terrific defensively. If you don't want to give quality to get quality, find another trade parner.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I really doubt that Bowman would trade his 1st + Saad for Galchenyuk.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Chacal667

Galchenyuk is the most important player for the habs in the futur right after price. He is the best player we got since the last 20 years. I wouldn't be suprise if he become as good as Toews.

If you want galchenyuk get ready to give a guy like patrick kane, not saad...

Last edited by Chacal667: 03-22-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
it's a moot point, HABS laugh at that offer anyways.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:22 PM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by H a w k s View Post
Lol at Andrew Shaw being in equal value to saad.
Not saying they're equal, just saying its who I feel buffalo would target

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
great, because galchenyuk have a ton more value than that extremely cheap offer.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Chacal667

sincerely how can we have serious discussion after that, this kind of offer is an insult to all the habs fans.

Old
03-22-2013, 05:36 PM
ChoseLa

I hope everybody understand that guys like Eller and Galchenyuk are completly untouchable. Bergevin talked a lot about how it's hard and important to acquire big top-6 centermens in this league, Eller is turning into a hard playing 2nd liner, he's a massive mancrush for Habs fans this season, Bergevin will hold to him with his dear life, and Galchenyuk isn't available at all in any circumstances.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Chacal667

I don't think the hawks fans understand the value of galchenyuk, for example : you could get Paccioretty, Plekanec or Subban before Galchenyuk.

but alone, they all have more value than saad.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:40 PM
AmeriHab

When I first brought up a trade for saad, I had Michael Ryder more in mind, but at this point, it doesn't look like much could be done

AmeriHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Chacal667

galchenuyk for saad + a first it is like saying jonathan toews for David Fisher + a first when they got drafted LOL

Old
03-22-2013, 08:01 PM
dougd

A slight redo from somewhere above;

Shaw and J Hayes/J Morin

for

Eller and a 3rd.

I like Eller a lot. On the verge of becoming a bonafide 2C.

I also like Shaw a lot as well ( hab fans will fall in love with his tenaciousness ) but Eller represents a slot into Chi's lineup that they are missing.

Bolland can move back to 3C (replace Shaw)

dougd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
A slight redo from somewhere above;

Shaw and J Hayes/J Morin

for

Eller and a 3rd.

I like Eller a lot. On the verge of becoming a bonafide 2C.

I also like Shaw a lot as well ( hab fans will fall in love with his tenaciousness ) but Eller represents a slot into Chi's lineup that they are missing.

Bolland can move back to 3C (replace Shaw)
Yes, the Montreal Smurfs will trade their one big center for an undersized winger. Right.

Try again.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Yes, the Montreal Smurfs will trade their one big center for an undersized winger. Right.

Try again.
well at least it is much better than the other proposition

Old
03-22-2013, 09:35 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
galchenuyk for saad + a first it is like saying jonathan toews for David Fisher + a first when they got drafted LOL
The reality is that both Galchenyuk and Saad are more potential at this point than sure things. Galchenyuk is rated higher but he still has to realize that potential at the NHL level. Saad was rated in the top 10 in the early part of his draft year before an injury hampered his play and he fell into the 2nd round. His potential isn't rated as high as Galchenyuk but potential doesn't mean anything - actual play does. Saad's actual play through the first 29 games has been outstanding and he has shown that he holds his own and belongs on the same line as Toews and Hossa - that is actual play. It's not some shlub player that can play with and mesh with two world class players. I'm happy to keep Saad even though I'm sure Galchenkuk has the potential to be better than Saad.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:32 PM
dougd

Quote:

Try again.
Understand your rationale. After all, you guys have been down this road for yrs now.

I hope you have seen Shaw play. The guy may be 5' 10-11" but plays without fear like he's 6' 3".....hey, isn't that Eller's dimension?

What would you like realistically from the Hawks?

Old
03-22-2013, 10:39 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougd View Post
Understand your rationale. After all, you guys have been down this road for yrs now.

I hope you have seen Shaw play. The guy may be 5' 10-11" but plays without fear like he's 6' 3".....hey, isn't that Eller's dimension?

What would you like realistically from the Hawks?
Montreal also has smaller guys that play big in Gionta and Gallagher, its not a matter of compete.

Eller is highly valued to Montreal, it would take quite a package/player to get him out of Montreal. Ideally a young Power Forward like Saad, which isn't likely on Chicago's end.

Captain Smurf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:48 PM
dougd

Quote:
Montreal also has smaller guys that play big in Gionta and Gallagher, its not a matter of compete.

Eller is highly valued to Montreal, it would take quite a package/player to get him out of Montreal. Ideally a young Power Forward like Saad, which isn't likely on Chicago's end.
Bickell instead of Hayes/Morin??.....Marc gets to talk to Bickell first for resigning purposes.