HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Blues Trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2006, 12:38 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Rangers Blues Trade proposal

Rangers deal Kevin Weekes, Thomas Pock and Marcel Hossa for Lee Stempniak and Matt Walker. Davidson might bite on this. Blues need a goalie and Davidson loves Weekes.

Old
08-06-2006, 12:50 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
leaving us with forwards we don't need, no backup goaltender.... meaning, we'd have to use some more cap space to get one AND not only that but trade a roster forward to make room for Stempniak in all likelihood. That is assuming he even plays his way onto the team.

Terrible Jay. You should just delete the thread in all honesty. It makes zero sense for us.

Old
08-06-2006, 12:56 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
leaving us with forwards we don't need, no backup goaltender.... meaning, we'd have to use some more cap space to get one AND not only that but trade a roster forward to make room for Stempniak in all likelihood. That is assuming he even plays his way onto the team.

Terrible Jay. You should just delete the thread in all honesty. It makes zero sense for us.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/...name=nhl-blues he played with Jessiman at college, and u know Sather loves players who played with each other especially at a young age. Stempniak made the blues last year and did ok. Hed help us, and Weekes can help their goalie situation. We can sign ufa or have Valluqette as backup. I know Jessiman wont be ready for a few years, but Stempniak is from New York, and can play rw or lw.

Old
08-06-2006, 01:03 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Answer these two questions:

1) Where does Stempniak play on our roster? Who goes?
2) Has Valiquette ever proven anything at the NHL level, even as much as Weekes?

Keep in mind that:
Lundqvist is a good goaltender, but if he were to be injured, who would carry the load in goal? Certainly not Valiquette. A team loses confidence if they can't trust their goaltender.

So again you still think this is a good idea?

Old
08-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:

2) Has Valiquette ever proven anything at the NHL level, even as much as Weekes?

Keep in mind that:
Lundqvist is a good goaltender, but if he were to be injured, who would carry the load in goal? Certainly not Valiquette. A team loses confidence if they can't trust their goaltender.

Nope

Old
08-06-2006, 01:45 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

Keep in mind that:

I've asked why our friend here expects the organization to trade Weekes when every goaltender not named Lundqvist has a total of 9 (yes, nine) games of NHL experience and whether he remembers the disaster of having Jason Mazzetti as our backup. So far, I've not received an answer from him on either question. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting around for one and I fully expect the "Let's Trade Weekes" proposals to keep on flying off AHalls fingers.

Old
08-06-2006, 02:02 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
I wouldn't mind dealing Weekes if we were getting a cheaper goaltending option coming back our way for a team looking to use Weekes as a starter.

I could see him going to St. Louis if someone was coming back our way in net as well.

Old
08-06-2006, 02:10 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

The only way I deal Weekes is if I'm getting Marek Schwarz in return, and in that case, we're going to have to give up more, probably a 2nd rounder or at least a C-Level prospect.

Old
08-06-2006, 02:12 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
The only way I deal Weekes is if I'm getting Marek Schwarz in return, and in that case, we're going to have to give up more, probably a 2nd rounder or at least a C-Level prospect.
I wouldn't want Schwarz at all.

I would love to get Cash from them, though.

Old
08-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Balej20*

I honestly don't think it's a crazy idea to think Weekes could be traded to St. Louis, mainly because of the JD ties. The only problem is, who is coming back? Not sure there is a good enough match there to make a trade.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of St. Louis/NY Ranger trades (minor or major) over the years while JD is there. Kinda like the connection between Edmonton and NY.

Old
08-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
Schwarz is first rounder and will be very good starting goalie one day, maybe even in the end of this season for STL.
No way STL is trading him, i saw Schwarz last year in Czech Extraliga and he is developing very well.

Edit: anyway i don't see one valid point why to trade for another goalie prospect Weekes is great backup goalie, even for 1,8M$.

Old
08-06-2006, 05:00 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

heres a proposal

Holt, Dupont, Pock, and Girardi for Johnson, Schwarz, Berglund, and Oshie.

i think its a fair deal... :-X

Old
08-06-2006, 07:10 AM
dank

ugh..

Old
08-06-2006, 08:00 AM
eco's bones

In the respect that Weekes as a $2 million goalie going into ufa status next season--might make that probably will get fewer starts at least if Lundqvist stays healthy--I can see trading him. Question for me then is how close is Montoya? because I don't have much faith in the Valiquette option. Not to get me wrong Weekes is not a Muzzatti but an early season long injury to Lundqvist IMO means Weekes might make a respectable showing but he is again IMO not good enough to carry us to the playoffs. One way or another though trading him means bringing in another goalie. In any case I would like to see Montoya get at least a few NHL starts this season--at least if he's doing well in Hartford.

As for the proposed Weekes, Pock, Hossa--Stempniak, Walker--I think Orts is just attempting one more time to get rid of players (the usual suspects) he doesn't like and I'm not of the opinion that it addresses any real needs of our own team--so NO.

Old
08-06-2006, 08:14 AM
gaglinefan

Weekes

He is servicable for sure; we beat Flyers in ot at the end of the year and he gave them post in the 3rd and the shootout. The guy has value; when he gives up a softie early he looks out there somewhere however we need a competent backup. Think how important this is...when Dan Blackburn was hurt we were forced to trade for Mike Dunham-he had a GREAT few months, 4shutouts with a bad team, then looked like a traffic cop out there the rest of the way. Somebody has to play the net or were screwed jmho. Kevin is a good team guy who did the job.

Old
08-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Capitain Midnight
Trust me, I'm a doc

can change the name....but not the person....

same ol' Jorts to me.....

Old
08-06-2006, 09:08 AM
shoothepuck

Trades need to be made for the benefit of the club, this is not "Let's make a Deal".

Old
08-06-2006, 09:41 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
I've asked why our friend here expects the organization to trade Weekes when every goaltender not named Lundqvist has a total of 9 (yes, nine) games of NHL experience and whether he remembers the disaster of having Jason Mazzetti as our backup. So far, I've not received an answer from him on either question. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting around for one and I fully expect the "Let's Trade Weekes" proposals to keep on flying off AHalls fingers.
Maybe he doesn't believe in insurance.

Old
08-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1594
y are we in a such a rush to get rid of weekes when our other backup options have about 10 games nhl expirience combined

Old
08-06-2006, 11:06 AM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:

Keep in mind that:

AHall, Jorts, same ****. What bothers me is this guy never backs up anything he says on here. He'll make a proposal and when 5 people ask a question about it he doesn't come back to defend it.

People ask him to provide some reasoning for it and he can't. Just once let's hear what's going on in that head of yours when you think of these terrible proposals.

Old
08-06-2006, 11:13 AM
chosen

No matter the team, no matter the sport, the usual suggested trade is not considered fair unless it overwhelmingly favors the fan's team.

Old
08-06-2006, 12:24 PM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
No matter the team, no matter the sport, the usual suggested trade is not considered fair unless it overwhelmingly favors the fan's team.
That, and if it makes absolutly NO SENSE for your team.

Old
08-06-2006, 02:35 PM
TheRedressor

I would love to get a hold of Lee Stempinak, I pull the trigger.

Old
08-06-2006, 03:35 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

everyone also seems to forget Weekes backstopped the 2002 canes to the Stanley Cup finals. With our improved defense, i think he's gonna show better numbers. He'll probably still let a soft one in now and then but with our much improved offense (i hope), the goal differential should lead to more wins for both Lundqvist and Weekes. stand pat. Weekes is our goalie as long as Sather is sold on a JJ cup run.

Old
08-06-2006, 04:22 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Lets take all the players in the NHL, throw them in a hat, mix it up and pick out three names and make a proposal for a three or four team trade with Pock, Weekes and Hossa going. I really think that would work. No really think, about it. It makes perfect sense.

Closed Thread