HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DW in panic mode; Clowe Available (Murray and Handzus Gone)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 05:47 PM
OrrNumber4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
No, I definitely agree on transition. I think the studies say that transition shots lead to twice as many goals as cycle shots.
Yup.

In general, I think it is simply more difficult to score on the cycle.

Don't get me wrong. I think teams need to be able to score on the cycle, because in some games, that is the only tool you have. But transition play is also important.

Look at Anaheim last night. All their 4 goals came off transition plays. So did two of SJ's...

Old
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
OrrNumber4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
1. No forward depth.
2. Havlat and Clowe are constantly out or playing injured so they suck when they're in.
3. Douglas Murray continues to play, usually pairing with another defensive D so there is absolutely no offense coming from whichever group of forwards is stuck with them.
4. Low even strength on-ice shooting percentage for the team. 6.3%, which is by far the worst in the league. Should start to bound back up to aroun 7.5%
5. The system is ultra conservative. It advocates preventing goals over scoring goals, which is a huge mistake.
6. Pavelski has been a bit of a disappointment this season compared to how good he's been the past two. Thornton, Marleau, Couture, and (lol) Burns are the only forwards who can score.
7. Have I mentioned we have absolutely no forward depth? Considering the Clowe/Havlat injures, Tommy Wingels is our 5th best forward. Yes, Tommy Wingels.
8. The coaches have no idea how to best utilize the personnel they have.

A defensie corps that looked like:

Irwin-Boyle
Stuart-Burns
Vlasic-Demers
Braun

would be one of the best in the league. Unfortunately, Demers is glued to the press box because he's pissed someone high up (player, coach, whatever) off. Larry Robinson is in love with Douglas Murray, who is the single worst defenseman playing in the NHL right now and refuses to sit him. On top of that, he forces Stuart to play with one of Vlasic or Murray, which is a huge mistake because none of those three have significant puck skills.

TL;DR, basically this season's failure is injury, bad luck, coaching, the system, bad lineup decisions, and disappointing seasons from a couple of players.
The scary thing is, it would only be one of the best. Not the best.

Old
03-21-2013, 05:41 PM
chrisclark110

Ugh what could we possibly get for handguns?
At this point 7th round pick for Dougie, addition by subtraction haha

Clowe, Boyle, Demers, Pavs could all be moved IMO for the right price.
Hate to lose Pavs but you have to give to receive.

DW will probably just trade Couture and Hertl for a defenseman

Old
03-21-2013, 06:38 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisclark110 View Post
Ugh what could we possibly get for handguns?
At this point 7th round pick for Dougie, addition by subtraction haha

Clowe, Boyle, Demers, Pavs could all be moved IMO for the right price.
Hate to lose Pavs but you have to give to receive.

DW will probably just trade Couture and Hertl for a defenseman
Which is a "fire me" move.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:46 PM
KirbyDots

Rich Peverley scratched tonight for the Bruins, Spooner in. There were rumors of the Bruins having interest in Clowe. Could be a trade or they might be testing or showcasing Spooner.

Old
03-21-2013, 06:51 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
Rich Peverley scratched tonight for the Bruins, Spooner in. There were rumors of the Bruins having interest in Clowe. Could be a trade or they might be testing or showcasing Spooner.
Yah, i said the same on that thread. Hope not, that would be an idiotic move. Just what we need, another center, over 30. lol

I'll take him if they send Dougie Hamilton along, haha

Old
03-21-2013, 06:53 PM
sjshark91

Quote:
It is Peverley. Probably want Spooner in the lineup.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:02 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
Yah, i said the same on that thread. Hope not, that would be an idiotic move. Just what we need, another center, over 30. lol

I'll take him if they send Dougie Hamilton along, haha
He mostly plays wing nowadays. Yeah they would have to add. Peverley is the exact type of player we would want on the third line, fast, great defensively, can score, but he isn't worth Clowe and we need scoring. If it were to happen, I'd want them to add Matt Grzelcyk and a pick!

Old
03-21-2013, 07:30 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Martin Broduer as more or as many goals as half our team...

Old
03-22-2013, 03:06 PM
DarrylshutzSydor

Quote:
He mostly plays wing nowadays. Yeah they would have to add. Peverley is the exact type of player we would want on the third line, fast, great defensively, can score, but he isn't worth Clowe and we need scoring. If it were to happen, I'd want them to add Matt Grzelcyk and a pick!
Peverly is really underrated, he's got speed, smarts, good defensively, and some decent offense.

Peverly and Caron for Clowe

Old
03-22-2013, 03:30 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrylshutzSydor View Post
Peverly is really underrated, he's got speed, smarts, good defensively, and some decent offense.

Peverly and Caron for Clowe
Don't want Caron.

I'm not down on Peverly, but if we are trading Clowe we should get some long term assets for the guy, not another player having a bad season.

Just much rather have a pick and a prospect or something.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
Martin Broduer as more or as many goals as half our team...
Maybe DW will acquire him so TM can put him at wing.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:26 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy View Post
Maybe DW will acquire him so TM can put him at wing.
He does have those cup rings DW so loves.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:45 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
BU homer!

Old
03-22-2013, 11:01 PM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
BU homer!
Haha true. But he has good chemistry with Nieto and O'Regan and BU is known for developing quality offensive defensemen. I think he has a lot of potential to be the next Shattenkirk. That being said, he's the son of the Bruins Zamboni driver and I think there's sentimental attachment.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:29 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Haha true. But he has good chemistry with Nieto and O'Regan and BU is known for developing quality offensive defensemen. I think he has a lot of potential to be the next Shattenkirk. That being said, he's the son of the Bruins Zamboni driver and I think there's sentimental attachment.
Yeah, I remember he was one of the last cuts for Team USA at the World Juniors. He's a talented kid for sure.

Old
03-23-2013, 04:02 PM
Squeeven

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Nothing we don't already know but I thought this was an interesting read. I kinda disagree with the first sentence though because I think Milan Lucic is a better powerforward than Clowe and he is your ideal powerforward, Clowe was but not this year. I definitely say trade him. I like Clowe but I want to see this team win a cup soon.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:32 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...d=nhl:topheads

Nothing we don't already know but I thought this was an interesting read. I kinda disagree with the first sentence though because I think Milan Lucic is a better powerforward than Clowe and he is your ideal powerforward, Clowe was but not this year. I definitely say trade him. I like Clowe but I want to see this team win a cup soon.
Clowe at his best isn't half the player Lucic is at his best. And I would take Dustin Brown over Clowe any day of the week. So "prototypical power forward"? No.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Clowe at his best isn't half the player Lucic is at his best. And I would take Dustin Brown over Clowe any day of the week. So "prototypical power forward"? No.
Guess you haven't seen Lucic much this year. Hes been just as bad as Clowe and is paid 18m over the next 3 years.

Old
03-23-2013, 07:21 PM
magic school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Sure, now, but I would have easily taken Clowe over Lucic before Boston won the Cup (in 2010?).

Old
03-23-2013, 09:49 PM
sjshrky27

Reflecting on this debacle of a season, it crossed my mind that DW has been extreamly quite this season. Usually, when the team tanks you hear about "player only meetings", or DW calling out the team/players in a locker room meeting etc...

To my knowage this has not happened, and honestly Its been very quite on the DW front during this epic slide.

Any thoughts on this?

Old
03-23-2013, 10:01 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshrky27 View Post
Reflecting on this debacle of a season, it crossed my mind that DW has been extreamly quite this season. Usually, when the team tanks you hear about "player only meetings", or DW calling out the team/players in a locker room meeting etc...

To my knowage this has not happened, and honestly Its been very quite on the DW front during this epic slide.

Any thoughts on this?
He's prepping to machete Todd, Murray and Handzus in front of the entire team then threaten to do the same to anyone who squeals or if the team doesn't go on a 30 game win streak.

**** like that takes alot of silent planning.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:

Any thoughts on this?
He either knows his days are numbered or he's gearing up for something extra stupid.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:04 PM
sjshark91

Quote:

Any thoughts on this?
He's been in Toronto for GM meetings so his tan needs work.

Old
03-23-2013, 10:04 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:

Any thoughts on this?
Hes not been as available as he used to be. Who knows.

Closed Thread