Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2013, 11:20 AM
matCH penalty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
As always thanks for the insight Do you expect Montreal to let Ryder walk this summer?
It seems the likely thing; he should be a fairly valuable commodity come free agency time (look at capgeek for the upcoming UFA wingers... somewhat slim pickings if you want a reasonably talented guy under 40). If Cole's cap hit/years was a concern for the near term, resigning Ryder doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

And thanks to you as well. I'll hang around here as long as I'm welcome and I think I can say (slightly ) intelligent things. Hopefully it'll be a long time!

Last edited by matCH penalty: 03-15-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Old
03-15-2013, 11:35 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

A thanks from me aswell it is nice to get some insight

BTW congrats to you guys for a stellar season so far.. Just glad it's not Boston

Old
03-15-2013, 02:19 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Great night for Jannik Hansen. 2 assist(One of them a really great one) and a nice working mans goal. Seem like some form of rotation-system where Boedker, Eller and Hansen takes turns at putting up great nights. I'm not complaining
Me neither. Nice to have something to cheer about after many 0-point danish production nights. Hope all the danish players can get into this rotation!
Looked from the highlights that Jannik Hansen showed enormous energy. What determination he showed when getting his lucky goal and the assist to Vancouver's first goal.

So danish points in NHL:
Mikkel Bødker 6G 12A in 27 matches, -2 statistics.
Jannik Hansen 7G 9A in 25 matches, +8 statistics
Lars Eller 4G 11A in 25 matches, +5 statistics.
Frans Nielsen 3G 10A in 27 matches, -7 statistics.
Peter Regin 0G 2A in 18 matches, -4 statistics
Philip Larsen 1G 0A in 13 matches, -4 statistics

AHL:
Frederik Andersen GAA 2,11 SvS: 93,1% in 32 games.
Markus Lauridsen 0G 8A in 28 matches, +3 statistics
Oliver Lauridsen 1G 5A in 53 matches, -1 statistics
Nicklas Jensen 1G 0A in 3 matches, -2 statistics.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Bank

Peter Regin seem to have pushed Daugavins out of the line-up for tonight.. Kassain in btw... So the fighter and Regin can co-exist in the Senators' line-up. Yeah. Lets hope there's also a combination where Regin and Daugavins can play along side each others cause I'm not liking Regin's chances against the Latvian But for tonight is icetime for Regin!

Doesn't look like Philip Larsen will play. He's kinda stuck as a #7. To bad.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:33 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Me neither. Nice to have something to cheer about after many 0-point danish production nights. Hope all the danish players can get into this rotation!
Looked from the highlights that Jannik Hansen showed enormous energy. What determination he showed when getting his lucky goal and the assist to Vancouver's first goal.

So danish points in NHL:
Mikkel Bødker 6G 12A in 27 matches, -2 statistics.
Jannik Hansen 7G 9A in 25 matches, +8 statistics
Lars Eller 4G 11A in 25 matches, +5 statistics.
Frans Nielsen 3G 10A in 27 matches, -7 statistics.
Peter Regin 0G 2A in 18 matches, -4 statistics
Philip Larsen 1G 0A in 13 matches, -4 statistics

AHL:
Frederik Andersen GAA 2,11 SvS: 93,1% in 32 games.
Markus Lauridsen 0G 8A in 28 matches, +3 statistics
Oliver Lauridsen 1G 5A in 53 matches, -1 statistics
Nicklas Jensen 1G 0A in 3 matches, -2 statistics.
Jensen is in AHL now?

Old
03-16-2013, 12:44 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
Jensen is in AHL now?
Yes, AIK were eliminated so he was flown back over

He has 2g in 4 so far .

Old
03-17-2013, 06:31 PM
Bank

HFs' Flyers writer wrote this about Lauridsens season and chances of reaching the NHL:

Quote:
The gigantic defensive force Oliver Lauridsen was always a physical guy who could use his wingspan to position himself well in the defensive zone. There was never a question that he would excel at these finer details of the defensive game, but there were always questions concerning his footspeed...

Lauridsen has still not developed up to the speed of the game, though there were signs of progression in his first full season with the Phantoms. Now in his second year, he has yet to take another leap, and though the team's struggles are certainly not falling solely upon him, he is no exception.
Looks like he's still got some way to go. I hope he keeps working hard, because his story could be such a motivator for young Danish prospects with limited talents but great work ethics. Dream scenario is him playing himself up call-up #2/3 within a couple of years and Flyers running into a injury festival whilst at a deep playoff-run and BOOM: Oliver Lauridsen in a ECF. One can hope. As a fellow 6'6'er I sure am cheering for him and his legs in his struggle against the laws of physics!

The entire piece on Lauridsen and the entire article can be found here: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...2012-13-season

Oh and...

- Primary assist for Frans last night on the Islanders first goal. Yeah!
- Regin is in again tonight. Yeah!
- Larsen seems to be stuck with Gulutzan until the end of the year. UGH!
- EDIT: Nicklas Jensen was on ice for Chicagos only goal tonight as they lost 2-1. Also on ice was Schroeder. Does anybody know if they are on the same line regularly?
- EDIT Part II: AHL-playoff-watch: Oliver Lauridsens Adirondack are dead last in the Eastern Conference. Andersens Norfolk is 3 point outside of #8 but are trending upwards. Last 10 games: 7-2-1. Could be good experience for him. Chicago(Nicklas Jensen) is #7 with some games in hand. Also an opportunity for him to get re-adjusted to the NA-game and a good PO could be a great set-up for a great camp next year with the Canucks. As far as my contract knowledge goes none of the Danes in the NHL are eligible as they are not on ELC's or two-way contracts. To bad in Philips case. Could use the ice time and competition... But yeah for the NT I guess?

Last edited by Bank: 03-17-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old
03-18-2013, 10:30 AM
Justinov

Quote:
I hope he keeps working hard, because his story could be such a motivator for young Danish prospects with limited talents but great work ethics. Dream scenario is him playing himself up call-up #2/3 within a couple of years and Flyers running into a injury festival whilst at a deep playoff-run and BOOM: Oliver Lauridsen in a ECF. One can hope. As a fellow 6'6'er I sure am cheering for him and his legs in his struggle against the laws of physics!

- Primary assist for Frans last night on the Islanders first goal. Yeah!
- Regin is in again tonight. Yeah!
- Larsen seems to be stuck with Gulutzan until the end of the year. UGH!
- EDIT: Nicklas Jensen was on ice for Chicagos only goal tonight as they lost 2-1. Also on ice was Schroeder. Does anybody know if they are on the same line regularly?
So I guess with 6'6'' you were more delivering "bank" than being on the receiving end I feel small as 6'2''

But Oliver Lauridsen has a chance if he can improve his scating. But as a low draft you can always look to Jannik Hansen to see what hard work can bring!
Frans Nielsen still has scoring problems but at least good that he managed an assist. But he has had a sub-season compared with the last two years. But Islanders still have a chance for playoff and that is a big surprise in itself!
Regin played 11 min - so that's better from the 8-9 min he usually gets when on ice. He was +0 with 1 shot on goal.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Bank

Quote:
So I guess with 6'6'' you were more delivering "bank" than being on the receiving end I feel small as 6'2''

But Oliver Lauridsen has a chance if he can improve his scating. But as a low draft you can always look to Jannik Hansen to see what hard work can bring!
Frans Nielsen still has scoring problems but at least good that he managed an assist. But he has had a sub-season compared with the last two years. But Islanders still have a chance for playoff and that is a big surprise in itself!
Regin played 11 min - so that's better from the 8-9 min he usually gets when on ice. He was +0 with 1 shot on goal.
Well played sir

I always though of Jannik Hansen as a more high end talent. He showed up early in the Danish League and produced great numbers with Chris Wells(Talking of big guys... JEEZ!) and Patrice Lefebvre. Oliver always went under the radar. Maybe also had something to do with being a D-man.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Well played sir

I always though of Jannik Hansen as a more high end talent. He showed up early in the Danish League and produced great numbers with Chris Wells(Talking of big guys... JEEZ!) and Patrice Lefebvre. Oliver always went under the radar. Maybe also had something to do with being a D-man.
Well thank you for making a pass...
His feet just need to catch up, obvious talent or not. If Usain Bolt can get going all hope is not lost for the 2 meter guys!
Being a stay-at-home d-man he doesn't need super stick-skills.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Bank

Speaking of d-men... Philip Larsen should be back in for Dallas tonight.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:12 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Speaking of d-men... Philip Larsen should be back in for Dallas tonight.
Sadly Philip Larsen didn't get to play but Dallas won 4-3.
Jannik Hansen and Vancouver lost 3-1 to Minnesota and Mikkel Bødker lost with Phoenix 4-0 to Los Angeles. Isn't it 3 matches in a row where Phoenix didn't score a single goal?!
Both Hansen and Bødker was "pointless" and with -1 statistics.

For once in a very long time Frederik Andersen also had a bad game for Norfolk in the AHL (5-1 loss). Dropping his stats to GAA 2,20 and SVS: 92,8%

For tonight it's Frans Nielsen and NYI vs Ottawa (maybe with Regin?).
Lars Eller and Montreal vs Buffalo.
Jannik Hansen and Vancouver vs St. Louis.
Mikkel Bødker and Phoenix vs Los Angeles (again).

So lots hope for some points when we might have 5 danes in action!

Last edited by Justinov: 03-19-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old
03-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Justinov

Quote:

For tonight it's Frans Nielsen and NYI vs Ottawa (maybe with Regin?).
Lars Eller and Montreal vs Buffalo.
Jannik Hansen and Vancouver vs St. Louis.
Mikkel Bødker and Phoenix vs Los Angeles (again).

So lots hope for some points when we might have 5 danes in action!
All the danes had points last night. 5 danes 1G 4A.
Ottawa won 5-3 over NYI with 1 assist to both Peter Regin and Frans Nielsen.
Montreal lost 3-2 in OT to Buffalo and 1 assist to Lars Eller.
Phoenix lost (again) to Los Angeles 3-2 with 1 assist to Mikkel Bødker.
Vancouver won 3-2 over St. Louis with 1 goal to Jannik Hansen (and what a shot )

Old
03-22-2013, 11:33 PM
Bank

Frans got a point against Pittsburgh...

"Our" Danes are doing somewhat great(I know some of you are gonna go after Boedker and Nielsen for the lack of goals - a big to you) in most parameter. But as the great Homer Simpson would have said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBKyTfCjCc

I wish You - and the Danes in the NHL and AHL - a great spring break - and if you've got the time I'd recommend you going to Rodovre Skøjte the Arena the 26. of March!

Last edited by Bank: 03-23-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old
03-23-2013, 08:52 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Frans got a point against Pittsburgh...

Spring break and I'm drunk. "Our" Danes are doing somewhat great(I know some of you are gonna go after Boedker and Nielsen for the lack of goals - a big to you) in most parameter. But as the great Homer Simpson would have said http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBKyTfCjCc

I wish You - and the Danes in the NHL and AHL - a great spring break - and if you've got the time I'd recommend you going to Rodovre Skøjte the Arena the 26. of March! You wont regred it! Happy spring break to ya all!
It seems that Frans Nielsen have gotten back to his good old defensive. He is now without minus statistics in the last 5 games and was +1 last night. He also have 3 assists the last 5 games.

So you think Rødovre can keep surprising and beat Frederikshavn the 26'th on home ice!

Old
03-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Bank

Quote:
It seems that Frans Nielsen have gotten back to his good old defensive. He is now without minus statistics in the last 5 games and was +1 last night. He also have 3 assists the last 5 games.

So you think Rødovre can keep surprising and beat Frederikshavn the 26'th on home ice!
Slowly but steady his numbers is starting to his way. Great to see. We "just" need Philip Larsens season to get back on tracks now. He seems to be battling some flu of some kind right now.

And about Rødovre... Never said that But it seems the alcohol convinced me that it'll a great night.

Old
03-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Slowly but steady his numbers is starting to his way. Great to see. We "just" need Philip Larsens season to get back on tracks now. He seems to be battling some flu of some kind right now.

And about Rødovre... Never said that But it seems the alcohol convinced me that it'll a great night.
It will be a great night for either Rødovre or Frederikshavn fans
Alcohol is a great "convincer".

I would say that both Larsen and Regin are struggling, but the 4 other danes are over 0.5 point pr game so that is good.

By the way in the AHL Frederik Andersen got his 2'nd shootout of the year in Norfolk Admirals 3-0 win over Adirondack Phantoms with Oliver Lauridsen.
Frederik Andersen has 2.16 GAA and SVS 92,9%

Old
03-23-2013, 01:45 PM
YARR123

According to eliteprospects, Markus Lauridsen was transfered from Lake Erie Monsters to Colorado Avalanche. Could someone please educate me, does this mean that he was previously playing with a two-way contract in the CHL/AHL, and now made an entry level contract with Colorado? Or that he already had one and they're calling him up to the NHL?

Anyways, didn't know there we're two Lauridsens worth noting, awesome!

All in all what kind of a prospect is the younger of the Lauridsen brothers?

Old
03-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
According to eliteprospects, Markus Lauridsen was transfered from Lake Erie Monsters to Colorado Avalanche. Could someone please educate me, does this mean that he was previously playing with a two-way contract in the CHL/AHL, and now made an entry level contract with Colorado? Or that he already had one and they're calling him up to the NHL?

Anyways, didn't know there we're two Lauridsens worth noting, awesome!

All in all what kind of a prospect is the younger of the Lauridsen brothers?
Colorado had signed Markus Lauridsen to a 2 year "entry level contract". He wasn't drafted but had played his way up the clubs in NA: Green Bay Gamblers (USHL), Denver Cutthroats (CHL), Lake Erie Monsters (AHL) and now Colorado Avalanches (NHL).

From Mile High Hockey:
http://www.milehighhockey.com/2013/3...zino-and-meurs

Another product of the Denver Cutthroats, Markus Lauridsen signed his own deal for $1.180 million over two years. The Denmark native spent parts of the 2010-2011 and 2011-2012 seasons in North America after starting his career in Europe. He started the 2012-2013 season with the Cutthroats, putting up six goals and nine assists in 30 games. Lauridsen is a complete defensemen, able to handle himself well at both ends of the ice. He's proven he can hang with the big boys in his 30 games with the Monsters, chipping in eight assists while being a reliable defender.

Markus Lauridsen is to what I have heard more offensively minded than his older brother Oliver 197cm/104kg that is more a typical big stay-at-home defender. Markus being smaller 188cm/89kg is probably also faster and more mobile.

He was under a 2-year contract with Lake Erie Monsters according to Eurolanche: So at the start of the season he was loaned to Denver Cutthroats in the CHL, before they brought him up to AHL http://www.eurolanche.com/article.php?id=1894

Markus Lauridsen, 21, spent two previous seasons in the USHL, playing for the Green Bay Gamblers. He gained 30 points in 58 games of the last season. Green Bay won the cup and broke many records. It was nothing but the winning and very successful season for Lauridsen. At the end, he was told he would be a part of the upcoming camp of the Colorado Avalanche in September 2012.

Before the start of career in North America, Markus was playing in Denmark and later moved to Sweden. He represented national junior team of Denmark on two tournaments and also appeared in 37 games of the elite Swedish league. He has lived in the USA since 2010.

Due a lockout, the Avalanche camp was canceled. Markus participated in the Lake Erie camp and finally signed 2-way contract with the Monsters. For now, Markus is a member of the newly established Avalanche affiliate Denver Cutthroats of the CHL. He played in the inaugural game and scored one goal. According to this statistics, he could become the only eighth NHL player of Denmark. Nothing is impossible. And he knows it

Last edited by Justinov: 03-24-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old
03-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Justinov

Otherwise a production-quiet danish NHL night.
Jannik Hansen has 1 assist in Vancouvers 1-0 win over Los Angeles.
Montreal lost 2-1 to Buffalo. No points and +0 to Lars Eller.
Ottawa won 5-3 over Tampa Bay. Regin with without points and +0.
Dallas won 5-2 over Colorado. No points for Larsen but also +0.
So Hansen keeps up the production and at least Regin and Larsen plays their 9-10 min which is way better than being benched.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:17 PM
andersej

Hansen now has 12 points in his last 12 games. Tied for 27th in the league with 18 even strength points. Impressive.

Dallas send down Oleksiak, so hopefully Larsen will see a little more action for a while...

Old
03-25-2013, 05:33 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post
Hansen now has 12 points in his last 12 games. Tied for 27th in the league with 18 even strength points. Impressive.

Dallas send down Oleksiak, so hopefully Larsen will see a little more action for a while...
Yeah to bad it properly has more to with Aaron Rome be close to returning and perhaps even the Morrow-trade. But for now lets hope he does something with his chance. Jordie Benn isn't a NHL-guy so if Philip Larsen can get some games there's gotta be hope.

Old
03-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersej View Post

Sadly game "nr 13" didn't bring Hansen any points, but he was +1 in an important 3-2 win for Vancouver over Colorado. But I agree it's really impressive.

Frans Nielsen keeps producing and keeping the defense tight. 6 games without a minus statistics and 4 assist in these last 6 and one tonight in the 3-0 NYI win over Florida.

Another strong game from Frederik Andersen in AHL and a 4-1 win for Norfolk. He has 2,13 GAA and SVS: 93,0%. Still third in AHL-stats after Lehner and Holtby that both are upgraded to NHL.

Last edited by Justinov: 03-25-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 06:34 AM
Bank

Quote:
Sadly game "nr 13" didn't bring Hansen any points, but he was +1 in an important 3-2 win for Vancouver over Colorado. But I agree it's really impressive.
Nr. 13 must be bad luck in NA to

Nerd alert: Adding to the impressive Jannik Hansen... Counting shot for/against he's one of the guys on the Nucks with the worst QoT(Quality of Teammates) and the highest QoC(Quality of Competition). On the so called iFenwick he's third on the team after Burrows and D. Sedin.

He of the guys that deliveres most goals and first assist pr. 60 minutes and THE ONE that makes the most points pr. 60 minutes.

That's of course not the entire truth but when all the stats are pointing in one direction it's not complete BS. Jannik Hansen is having a great season.

Old
03-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Bank

... At practice Jordie Benn - And not Philip Larsen - was the odd man out after Rome returned. Now lets get our hopes up before getting disappointed

Closed Thread