HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 08:27 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
That would be one of the dumbest moves in history...
Frozenice wants to trade Gallagher for SKostitsyn, that's all I need to say.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:00 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Frozenice wants to trade Gallagher for SKostitsyn, that's all I need to say.
Maybe if you wouldn't take needless potshots at him and his brother I wouldn't make comments like that.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:41 PM
HabsSlappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
If we trade all our picks, what's the highest we could move up ?
I have a pdf saved that shows the value of NHL picks based on previous success (I did not make the chart, but I think it's pretty accurate). The values don't have units, they just show a value relative to another pick.

1) 917
2) 871
3) 826
4) 783
5) 741
27) 291
33) 237
40) 208
57) 176
72) 169
87) 140

So, those 6 picks are worth 1221 points. But in the past there is a premium for moving up as well as an overall reluctance to move to move out of the top 10.

Pick 27 + Pick 33 = 528 points which is in the the Pick 12 range. Take away the premium we would have to pay and we should be happy to get up to 15 with those two picks.
I would think that is about the best we could do and even then I kind of doubt it would happen.

I could see something like Pick 27 + Pick 57 to get into the mid to low 20s if there is someone TT really wants like when we traded up for Tinordi.

Here is a link to the paper and the methodology behind it: http://www.arcticicehockey.com/2011/...lue-pick-chart

Old
03-22-2013, 09:49 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 1928
Interesting. Thanks. To everybody.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:06 AM
BigNumber1Centre
Heart of Gallagher

Hey guys! I think a kid Timmins and the scouting staff should keep an eye on is Red Deer Rebels G Patrik Bartosak. He went undrafted at last year's draft, largely due to an injury that kept him out most of the season. This year, he played for Czech Republic at the WJC. He finished the WHL regular season with a record of 33-14-5 and 5 SO, and was 4th in GAA and 2nd in Save % on a low scoring Rebels team. Another impressive stat, Bartosak set a new WHL record for shootout wins in a season, going 8-0 while making 26 saves on 28 attempts. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but I've been following him for a while and he keeps his team in the game (and steals some) on many nights. He's not the most mobile goaltender but has very decent size and is good down low. He could be had much later in the draft and would add some much needed depth to the Habs goaltending prospect pool. Would be a very good option, unless something better presents itself.

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/9147

http://hockeynow.ca/regions/1-bc-edi...-in-whl-by-far

Last edited by BigNumber1Centre: 03-23-2013 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention, this year he was a first team all-star and goaltender of the year for the dub's eastern conference.
Old
03-23-2013, 12:11 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Maybe if you wouldn't take needless potshots at him and his brother I wouldn't make comments like that.
Calling a third liner a third liner isn't a potshot. If his brother didn't play like **** he would still be in the NHL.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:04 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNumber1Centre View Post
Hey guys! I think a kid Timmins and the scouting staff should keep an eye on is Red Deer Rebels G Patrik Bartosak. He went undrafted at last year's draft, largely due to an injury that kept him out most of the season. This year, he played for Czech Republic at the WJC. He finished the WHL regular season with a record of 33-14-5 and 5 SO, and was 4th in GAA and 2nd in Save % on a low scoring Rebels team. Another impressive stat, Bartosak set a new WHL record for shootout wins in a season, going 8-0 while making 26 saves on 28 attempts. I know stats don't tell the whole story, but I've been following him for a while and he keeps his team in the game (and steals some) on many nights. He's not the most mobile goaltender but has very decent size and is good down low. He could be had much later in the draft and would add some much needed depth to the Habs goaltending prospect pool. Would be a very good option, unless something better presents itself.

http://www.whl.ca/roster/show/id/9147

http://hockeynow.ca/regions/1-bc-edi...-in-whl-by-far
He's grown on me since last season. Definitely on my radar. Him and Jarry.

Old
03-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Stripper

Samuel Morin 6-06 202 lbs
Jonathan Diaby 6-05 231 lbs

I want them :-) I wouldn't mind Nikita Zadorov either!

Old
03-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Timmins and Boisvert took in the Gatineau @ Rimouski game this afternoon.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Timmins and Boisvert took in the Gatineau @ Rimouski game this afternoon.
For those who don't follow junior hockey, like myself, which notables draft eligible prospects play on those teams?

Old
03-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
For those who don't follow junior hockey, like myself, which notables draft eligible prospects play on those teams?
Several.

Poirier and Reway on Gatineau.

Gauthier, Morin, Kostalek, etc on Rimouski.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 AM
MXD

Quote:
Several.

This, plus I wouldn't completely rule out Anthony DeLuca (undersized though) and Taylor Burke (eligibility was last season, but he was oft injured, and don't bother with hockeydb -- the guy plays mostly Center and is currently a little bigger than 6'0, 193 pounds).

I would certainly use a 7th round pick on Taylor Burke, if nothing better at that point. If only Adam Chapman (another last year elibigle) would have below-average skating (instead of, well, terrible), he'd be a great late pick as well. But the guy just can't skate, which is really sad, because he's really everything you want from a 4th line center.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:03 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
This, plus I wouldn't completely rule out Anthony DeLuca (undersized though) and Taylor Burke (eligibility was last season, but he was oft injured, and don't bother with hockeydb -- the guy plays mostly Center and is currently a little bigger than 6'0, 193 pounds).

I would certainly use a 7th round pick on Taylor Burke, if nothing better at that point. If only Adam Chapman (another last year elibigle) would have below-average skating (instead of, well, terrible), he'd be a great late pick as well. But the guy just can't skate, which is really sad, because he's really everything you want from a 4th line center.

Another guy I like from Rimouski is Joly, definitely a guy I look at by the 5th round, works his tail off, and has some kind of talent. He was playing with Gauthier and Loiseau last week when I watched Rimouski play

In the same category though, I prefer Kurt Etchegary from the Remparts, that guy is the next Dumont/Talbot.

Old
03-24-2013, 10:05 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Interesting to note that Timmins has seen most of the top 'Q prospects for this year's draft this weekend, that's three nights in a row he spent scouting in Blainville, Québec and Rimouski. Keep the teams involved in mind when the draft comes.

Old
03-24-2013, 01:39 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Interesting to note that Timmins has seen most of the top 'Q prospects for this year's draft this weekend, that's three nights in a row he spent scouting in Blainville, Québec and Rimouski. Keep the teams involved in mind when the draft comes.
I would assume he goes to see most top prospects. I bet he will go to some OHL and WHL playoff games as well. We only hear about these games because it's their own backyard and media members are always keeping an eye out for anything Habs-related.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Several.

Thanks. Can we have a shot at Gauthier? Where is he ranked?

Old
03-24-2013, 02:13 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I would assume he goes to see most top prospects. I bet he will go to some OHL and WHL playoff games as well. We only hear about these games because it's their own backyard and media members are always keeping an eye out for anything Habs-related.
I know, but they seem to be more present this year in the 'Q.

Old
03-24-2013, 02:24 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

I can't see how you can't like Sorensen. Guy is tha bomb.

Old
03-24-2013, 03:41 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
I can't see how you can't like Sorensen. Guy is tha bomb.
Perimeter player.

Old
03-24-2013, 04:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
Thanks. Can we have a shot at Gauthier? Where is he ranked?
Usually in the 15-20 range. So yes, we could have a shot at him.

Old
03-24-2013, 09:42 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Subban for Drouin. I could see Colorado going for a trade like that if they are selecting 3rd or 4th overall and Drouin is stil on the board and Seth Jones isn't.
Subban is worth more than that ahaha. They'd be looking at Landeskog+ if they want Subban.

OT: How's the youngest Subban doing?

Old
03-25-2013, 06:45 AM
S Bah

I know that this is a deep draft,but,I believe that unless the Habs can draft the player in their vision is best.Why not roll the dice on Valeri Nicushkin the LW/RW Power Forward that's signed for two more seasons after this one to play in the KHL.It stands to reason he will be even more dynamic than he's shown everyone at the WJHC's and he may not be picked by the end of the 1st round considering the talent.Bringing him over in two years would give other prospects time to prove their worth,a win/win so to speak.Drafting three more players in the 2nd with Nicushkin under wraps,could make the drafting of Laurent Dauphin,Valentin Zykov and Johnathan Diaby a very good day.With two more in the third to pick,how about William Carrier and Emile Poirier.In the fifth rd. Felix Girard could be the faceoff/(new Guy Carbonneau)the Habs need.In the 6th and 7th a goaltender and Dman with size.Back on topic again.The 7th round pick could be Keegan Kanzig the truculent 6'7" 250lbs behemoth defenceman from the Victoria Royals in the WHL.

Last edited by S Bah: 03-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I know that this is a deep draft,but,I believe that unless the Habs can draft the player in their vision is best.Why not roll the dice on Valeri Nicushkin the LW/RW Power Forward that's signed for two more seasons after this one to play in the KHL.It stands to reason he will be even more dynamic than he's shown everyone at the WJHC's and he may not be picked by the end of the 1st round considering the talent.Bringing him over in two years would give other prospects time to prove their worth,a win/win so to speak.Drafting three more players in the 2nd with Nicushkin under wraps,could make the drafting of Laurent Dauphin,Valentin Zykov and Johnathan Diaby a very good day.With two more in the third to pick,how about William Carrier and Emile Poirier.In the fifth rd. Felix Girard could be the faceoff/(new Guy Carbonneau)the Habs need.In the 6th and 7th a goaltender and Dman with size.Back on topic again.
Would be a dream considering zykov is ranked higher than we are probably gonna pick in the FIRST round

Old
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Perimeter player.
Perimeter player? I really don't see it like that.

And even if he his, he'd go in the late 2nd round. The guy has size and skill He's a great candidate for me.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
As of right now, the Habs would be picking at the following spots in the first 3 rounds..

Winnipeg Jets get compensatory pick at #59 so our picks #73 and #87 would be picks #74 and #88. Not to nitpick.

*Winnipeg Jets will receive the 29th pick of this round (59th overall) as compensation for not signing 2008 first-round draft pick Daultan Leveille*