Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing? I thought we were better...

Old
03-22-2013, 11:55 PM
OnionPuck

vCash: 50
Booing? I thought we were better...

I've heard it a fair bit this year and it's been getting worse, being quite audible tonight. Basically people have adopted the habbit of our eastern neighbours and are now booing the Jets when they have a bad game, or even sometimes when they struggle just a bit. I'm sure most of your heard it, perhaps even participated.

Really not happy to see this. Thought we were a bit clasier of a fan base, especially when it comes to our own guys. I'll never boo, ever.

Thoughts?

OnionPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Sly Jets Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion View Post
I've heard it a fair bit this year and it's been getting worse, being quite audible tonight. Basically people have adopted the habbit of our eastern neighbours and are now booing the Jets when they have a bad game, or even sometimes when they struggle just a bit. I'm sure most of your heard it, perhaps even participated.

Really not happy to see this. Thought we were a bit clasier of a fan base, especially when it comes to our own guys. I'll never boo, ever.

Thoughts?
People pay good money to attend games. They can do what they want. Last year, the team wasn't booed once, and rightfully so. This year is different.

Sly Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:03 AM
OnionPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Jets Fan View Post
People pay good money to attend games. They can do what they want. Last year, the team wasn't booed once, and rightfully so. This year is different.
That's kind of a cop out. Of course people can behave how they want, and they always will, but I had hoped that as knowledgeable hockey fans this city, in majority, wouldn't even resort to booing our own team.

I pay good money to attend games too, doesn't give mean I *should* boo the team if they're struggling.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:03 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

I paid good money. I expect good effort.

Historically the Jets have done well after a game or two of booing.

This isn't just a bump in the road, they haven't played well in every game including Saturday. 4-4-1-4-6 goals against isn't a good trend. One goal against Washington in three games isn't a good trend. 13 goals against playing Washington in 3 games isn't a good trend.

If they keep this up I'm not worried about what Noel will do, I'm worried about what Cheveldayoff will do.

They have a week and a half to convince him they'll make the playoffs.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:04 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:

Thoughts?
Jets are 1-3 in the last 4, have been outscored 15-5 in that span and aside from the 3rd period against Boston have looked uninterested and terribad, do you think they deserve a standing O?

Turn it around for the fans: Jets Players, I thought they had heart and cared!

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:07 AM
OnionPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Jets are 1-3 in the last 4, have been outscored 15-5 in that span and aside from the 3rd period against Boston have looked uninterested and terribad, do you think they deserve a standing O?
Where did I say we should praise them?

Old
03-23-2013, 12:12 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Meh...

I see both sides.
Personally I wouldn't boo, but I understand how people would want to.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:33 AM
Scheifele55

Quote:

Thoughts?
10-1 against a division rival in the last two nights is enough reason to boo. Don't come crying on here because people boo. This is the same city that has a "Fire Joe Mack" facebook site for our Bombers GM. This is the same city that has had the worst NHL attendance in our previous incarnation out of all of the NHL teams every single year we existed. I exclude Ottawa when they played in a 10,500 seat arena. Winnipeg wants a better effort and the team is playing terrible lately.

Get over it.

Scheifele55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:35 AM
tntkid

To put out such a absolutely poor effort like they did these 2 games it is understandable that the fans in attendance wanted to send the team a message especially when our ticket prices are one of the highest in the league.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:39 AM
bazaaa*

I have never once supported booing and thought it was terrible to do so.

This is the first time in my life, in any sport, where I didn't mind it. The effort that was put out there the last two games was simply unacceptable. I can handle losing, but these last two games have been a joke.

bazaaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:40 AM
meedle

I think fans don't expect to win every game but i think they expect an honest effort every night. They didn't get that the last 2 games.

meedle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:45 AM
alchemyindex
easy is overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post

This is the first time in my life, in any sport, where I didn't mind it. The effort that was put out there the last two games was simply unacceptable. I can handle losing, but these last two games have been a joke.
I honestly sort of understand why Torts was so pissed after the Rangers were beaten by the Sabres - it wasn't even really what the other team did, but what our team didn't. Though I did hear the announcer talking near the end of the game: "I talked to Bryan Little, they had a day off on Monday, and he said he literally couldn't get out of bed almost all day." Makes me feel for the boys, but I don't want to just have them fall off the map!

alchemyindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:50 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Not a fan of booing the home team and would probably never do it, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post

...yeah, this basically sums it up for me. These were, no word of exaggeration, the two worst performances the Jets have had at MTSC. I don't blame anyone for being frustrated.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:56 AM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemyindex View Post
I honestly sort of understand why Torts was so pissed after the Rangers were beaten by the Sabres - it wasn't even really what the other team did, but what our team didn't. Though I did hear the announcer talking near the end of the game: "I talked to Bryan Little, they had a day off on Monday, and he said he literally couldn't get out of bed almost all day." Makes me feel for the boys, but I don't want to just have them fall off the map!
Hey Little, when I was a younger man I worked a 6 day a week job with 10 hour shifts your playing a sport where you can retire at 35 and never have to even look for a job suck it up buttercup.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:07 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

5 games in 7 nights is pretty insane.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:19 AM
ahplk

We let the 14th place team back into the playoff race.

Being outscored 13-1 to Washington this month at home...if that doesn't justify booing, what would?

ahplk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:36 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
I fully understand the booing. The level of play by our Jets was pretty terrible to behold. Every other team is going through a condensed schedule, so that can't be an excuse. Every one of their lines was nullified by the Caps. That has to be frustrating for them. I just hope they bounce back against Tampa.

DespoticNewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:57 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

I can't boo the Jets no matter how frustrated I get. You know, with the history of the last incarnation leaving and all. I'm just not wired that way.

Just my opinion, but I think the booing implies a sense of entitlement and shows a lack of awareness that the league is made up of 29 other teams all trying to win hockey games as well.

How fans can go from the top of the world to edge of a cliff in 2 games blows my mind but I do agree that people pay money to be there and can do whatever they want.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:04 AM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

I don't like it, but lets be honest. They learned nothing from the previous game. It's not just that they lost. It's that they lost the same way as the day before. I don't think we expect a cup contender, but we expect something. What reaction should the fans give them to express that? I don't think they want to boo the jets, but they can't think of anything else that'll express their displeasure.

Is it the players fault? Is it the coaches system having a glaring weakness that the capitals (and soon everybody else) will exploit?

I'm not shocked by what happened, but I am disapointed. There was NO POINT IN THE GAME where anyone saw any real chance of winning. And to sit through two hours of that?

I want them to figure out what went wrong and take steps to avoid that ever happening again to that extent.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Ulf Hullberg

I personally have never done it...but that said, it happens in every rink in the NHL when fans aren't happy with the level of effort of the home team.

Ulf Hullberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:57 AM
OnionPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stej View Post
I can't boo the Jets no matter how frustrated I get. You know, with the history of the last incarnation leaving and all. I'm just not wired that way.

Just my opinion, but I think the booing implies a sense of entitlement and shows a lack of awareness that the league is made up of 29 other teams all trying to win hockey games as well.

How fans can go from the top of the world to edge of a cliff in 2 games blows my mind but I do agree that people pay money to be there and can do whatever they want.
Basically this. Total knee-jerk reaction. Booing our guys off the ice... c'mon... they know they were bad, don't need us to make em feel even more ****** on top of it.

Old
03-23-2013, 02:59 AM
jetsfan8

sorry i wasnt booing, but for the price of tickets, and the perfornce they gave, people can boo all they want

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:12 AM
jetsfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Hey Little, when I was a younger man I worked a 6 day a week job with 10 hour shifts your playing a sport where you can retire at 35 and never have to even look for a job suck it up buttercup.
ypu cpuld retire at age 23 and you be beyond set for life

jetsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:15 AM
BrokerD

Quote:
Basically this. Total knee-jerk reaction. Booing our guys off the ice... c'mon... they know they were bad, don't need us to make em feel even more ****** on top of it.
The last two nights were atrocious! Anyone at the games would have to agree that those were two of the worst games the Jet's 2.0 have played to date. I spent a g-note on these crap games! I was booing like a mad man after tonight's performance. The ending of the game really pissed me off.... Montoya gets his head ripped off and nobody does anything???? Postma turns away, Meech could care less, and our resident tough guy Thorbs spent most of the time hunched over Montoya!!! Geeze, could you imagine if that were Tuukka Rask?? Unfu@*ing believable!

BrokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:23 AM
DominikPavelec

vCash: 759
Quote:

Thoughts?
I absolutely agree 100%! People booing are ridiculous. We're currently 3rd (for now) and played a couple bad games. So what? You paid good money, so you're entitled to wins every time you go to a game? That's not how it works, you win some and you lose some. A real fan sticks by their team through thick and thin.

If anyone feels cheated out of their money I'd gladly buy your tickets. Better yet, let someone in the waiting list take them, I'm sure they're chomping at the bit to have the privilege to watch games.

DominikPavelec is offline   Reply With Quote