Notices

The Rebuilding of the C of Red - Rebuilding Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Unagi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
The Flames could use a good RW prospect too, but a C would obviously be preferable.

But I am of the belief Iginla will return more than a 1st and a prospect. I think there would be either a roster player (since Palmieri is a roster player, maybe a lesser prospect) and a conditional pick based on a Finals appearance or re-signing him.
For the Ducks trading a winger makes more sense, as we have quite a few of them in the system.

Maybe Palmieri + DSP + Conditional 1st rounder 2013 or 2014 (Flames choice) if Ducks make Final 4 or re-sign Iggy?

Unagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
For the Ducks trading a winger makes more sense, as we have quite a few of them in the system.

Maybe Palmieri + DSP + Conditional 1st rounder 2013 or 2014 (Flames choice) if Ducks make Final 4 or re-sign Iggy?
I understand trading wingers makes more sense for the Ducks, I was not disputing that.

That is a pretty solid offer. If the other part of that condition is a 2nd if the Ducks do not make the final 4 or Iginla signs elsewhere then I think I would take it.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:14 AM
Volica

I just wanted to pop this one back up.

It seems we are definitely looking down this barrel more than ever before. Terrible road, put Calgary into more or less .750 hockey to just make a push.

Names that are popping up everywhere:
Jarome + Jay Bouw; these guys could fetch a big return; what's everyone thinking?

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:18 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I just wanted to pop this one back up.

It seems we are definitely looking down this barrel more than ever before. Terrible road, put Calgary into more or less .750 hockey to just make a push.

Names that are popping up everywhere:
Jarome + Jay Bouw; these guys could fetch a big return; what's everyone thinking?
Would prefer to move Gio, Iggy, Sarich, Stempniak. I don't think we will get the same return for Jbo as Gio.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:23 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Would prefer to move Gio, Iggy, Sarich, Stempniak. I don't think we will get the same return for Jbo as Gio.
I would agree. The return on Jay Bouw won't be worth what he brings, especially breaking through this season.
On the other hand, if a team like Philly is dangling one of their star young centers in front of Calgary's nose, it's hard not look at that.

Sarich; wouldn't anyone even pick him from Waivers? Like I see him being a 3-5th round pick from a team that's just looking for a vet 7th man, or depth 3rd pairing.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Flamesarmstrong22

If the flames rebuild…

If the calgary flames decide this year to finally blow it up who are the players you hope or see staying on the roster?

For me it is cammalleri,hudler,Baertchi, backlund, bouwmeester (unless we get a huge overpayment, but I doubt that would happen), Brodie, wideman, and any prospects or picks

Flamesarmstrong22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:33 AM
DBU
Hoss Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post
If the calgary flames decide this year to finally blow it up who are the players you hope or see staying on the roster?

For me it is cammalleri,hudler,Baertchi, backlund, bouwmeester (unless we get a huge overpayment, but I doubt that would happen), Brodie, wideman, and any prospects or picks
I would easily take Tanguay over Cammalleri. Without even thinking.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:42 AM
MuffinMerc

vCash: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
I would easily take Tanguay over Cammalleri. Without even thinking.
Agreed. The comment about the games not being must wins until they are mathematically must wins still irks me.

Tanguay - OPEN - OPEN
Baertschi - Backlund - Hudler
Glencross - Stajan - OPEN

Jbo - OPEN
Wideman - Brodie

The fourth line I'd imagine would stay the same as this seasons, unless Jackman could be traded for a pick then you bring up Aliu. Same kind of idea with the third defence pairing. It'll be interesting if Horak makes it up and if Cervenka is offered an extension.

MuffinMerc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:44 AM
MarkGio

For the right price, anyone could be had in my books. But my favorites to keep is Glencross, Tanguay, Brodie, Baerstchi, Wideman

Top of my list to trade is Iginla, Kipper, Cervenka, and Comeau.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Keep List:
Tanguay
Glencross
Backlund
Hudler
Stajan
Cervenka
McGratton
Brodie
Wideman (partly because no one is going to trade for that contract)
Bouwmeester or Giordano

Trade List (staggered however - some moved this deadline, some in the off season, and some next deadline) or let go in UFA
Iginla
Cammalleri
Stempniak
Comeau
Jackman
Begin
Butler
Sarich
Babchuk
Smith
Bouwmeester or Giordano
Kiprusoff

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:53 AM
TheHudlinator

Boy I wish we already had a rebuilding thread.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:59 AM
DBU
Hoss Creek

Quote:

Old
03-23-2013, 01:11 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
I would agree. The return on Jay Bouw won't be worth what he brings, especially breaking through this season.
On the other hand, if a team like Philly is dangling one of their star young centers in front of Calgary's nose, it's hard not look at that.

Sarich; wouldn't anyone even pick him from Waivers? Like I see him being a 3-5th round pick from a team that's just looking for a vet 7th man, or depth 3rd pairing.
With one year left at 2M and a modified NTC, of course not. But I'd wager a team would be willing to trade an equally onerous contract for him.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Shawnofthedeadz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesarmstrong22 View Post

Bouwmeester needs to go. HE IS CURSED.

Plus, a lot of teams are looking for a top tier defence man like him and will likely overpay. I don't mind Bouwmeester. He has been playing great but lets not forget how he played in the previous seasons. I do not trust him enough, or believe he will keep it up so I say sell him high!

Shawnofthedeadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 01:23 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
With one year left at 2M and a modified NTC, of course not. But I'd wager a team would be willing to trade an equally onerous contract for him.
No idea why they gave him the 2M contract. Especially when there were more than enough Dmen on one way contracts.
Think you're pretty much stuck with Cory for another year.

Old
03-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Sean Monahan
Daz One

Glencross Stajan Horak could work. That little bugger works hard

Sean Monahan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Volica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnofthedeadz View Post
Bouwmeester needs to go. HE IS CURSED.

Plus, a lot of teams are looking for a top tier defence man like him and will likely overpay. I don't mind Bouwmeester. He has been playing great but lets not forget how he played in the previous seasons. I do not trust him enough, or believe he will keep it up so I say sell him high!
He's been on some miserable teams heh.

His play really sucked years past were more of a Sutter system issue than anything, saying that, a system cannot account for an almost 7 million dollar d-man playing mediocre.

It's hard to replace a top pairing D-man in this league. Very hard. They don't jump on the market often; and while I think it's cool if someone's willing to part with a player I'd love (*cough* Philly *cough*) I'm not sure Bouwmeester would be an addition by subtraction. Giordano made it pretty clear he can't play against first lines.

Old
03-23-2013, 03:01 AM
Volica

Quote:
All you ****** get into my thread!
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1356497&page=3

Old
03-23-2013, 08:45 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

I think J Bo could have good value come the trade deadline.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:06 AM
Grannys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
For the right price, anyone could be had in my books. But my favorites to keep is Glencross, Tanguay, Brodie, Baerstchi, Wideman

Top of my list to trade is Iginla, Kipper, Cervenka, and Comeau.
I doubt teams are really looking into Cervenka. Hasnt really made any sort of impact yet to be noticed. Also he will probably sign for little in Calgary since he probably feels most comfortable here with Hudler.

Grannys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Flames92

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerone View Post
I doubt teams are really looking into Cervenka. Hasnt really made any sort of impact yet to be noticed. Also he will probably sign for little in Calgary since he probably feels most comfortable here with Hudler.
I wouldn't rule out a trade with Dallas if Jagr stays of course

Flames92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 427
Keep: GlenX, Giordano, Wideman, Hudler, Backlund, Brodie, Comeau, Stajan (These players, plus a couple FA signings could shoulder the pressures that come with a rebuild, while letting our young studs (Baertschi, Brodie, Backlund, and this years pick develop properly.)

Available/trade: Iggy, Cammy, JayBow, Sarich, Butler, Stempniak, Kipper.

Even if we only traded Iggy and Cammy we would be looking at a decent return, with a ton of cap space. This team needs a new identity, direction, purpose, and tangible goals. I hope management makes good/wise decisions come April 3rd.

Teams/returns I could see:

PENS: Iggy - 1st , Harrington, Kennedy
PREDS: Cammy - 2nd + 4th
FLYERS: JayBow - Read, Mez, Laughton
LEAFS: Kipper - 2nd + 3rd
nucks: Stemp - 2nd + 4th

I'm not saying this is necessarily what I want, but I could see these types of returns.

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 02:31 PM
DBU
Hoss Creek

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
Keep: GlenX, Giordano, Wideman, Hudler, Backlund, Brodie, Comeau, Stajan (These players, plus a couple FA signings could shoulder the pressures that come with a rebuild, while letting our young studs (Baertschi, Brodie, Backlund, and this years pick develop properly.)

Available/trade: Iggy, Cammy, JayBow, Sarich, Butler, Stempniak, Kipper.

Even if we only traded Iggy and Cammy we would be looking at a decent return, with a ton of cap space. This team needs a new identity, direction, purpose, and tangible goals. I hope management makes good/wise decisions come April 3rd.

Teams/returns I could see:

PENS: Iggy - 1st , Harrington, Kennedy
PREDS: Cammy - 2nd + 4th
FLYERS: JayBow - Read, Mez, Laughton
LEAFS: Kipper - 2nd + 3rd
nucks: Stemp - 2nd + 4th

I'm not saying this is necessarily what I want, but I could see these types of returns.
On the bolded:

Flyers - with rumors that Talbot is available, I'd rather have them include Talbot over Read in a deal like that.

Leafs - don't see them trading for Kipper but maybe they look for a veteran guy. Who knows.

Nucks - could also see them look at Jackman. Actually a handful of teams might look at Jackman lol

Old
03-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 427
Quote:
On the bolded:

Flyers - with rumors that Talbot is available, I'd rather have them include Talbot over Read in a deal like that.

Leafs - don't see them trading for Kipper but maybe they look for a veteran guy. Who knows.

Nucks - could also see them look at Jackman. Actually a handful of teams might look at Jackman lol
I wouldn't mind looking at adding another player from Calgary to acquire Talbot (great team guy), but I would never chose him over Read. Read is only 26 with higher offensive upside.

Maybe:

JayBow + Stempniak + Irving (contract)

for

Talbot, Read, Laughton, Mez.

Money Baer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:29 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
On the bolded:

Why the hell would you want the 30 year old 3rd line over the 26 yearold 2nd line winger? That makes no sense if we are trying to get younger.