Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT-Hockey East

Old
03-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

vCash: 500
5 unanswered for BU. they played like absolute ******* for the first 30 or so minutes and have looked like a completely different team since.

BCs defense is non existent

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:11 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
5 unanswered for BU. they played like absolute ******* for the first 30 or so minutes and have looked like a completely different team since.

BCs defense is non existent
It's awesome. Probably one of Parker's classic chair throwing sessions. It worked for sure. Keep it together boys.

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2013, 10:16 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Hate BC, but love the aggressive play pulling the goalie while on the PP down 2 with 3 min left

Guiledoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 12:41 AM
slegr_71

Send a message via AIM to slegr_71 Send a message via Yahoo to slegr_71
As a UML alum, I'm glad to see them in the championship game. They went Div I my senior year (and boy was that a painful season!!) so I'm glad to see them doing well these days in Div I. Go River Hawks!! (or if you're an old fart like me, Go Chiefs! )

slegr_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:06 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Sucks my Friars lost. Hope they get a bid over UNH to the tourney will be a ****ing joke if they don't. Even so good season boys.

Umile is horrible. He was bad back in the day but right now he's bringing a big time program down. I think that program would be competing for national championships if they dumped that old idiot he should be moved on instead of Parker guy is a horrible coach all he does is choke any time the games matter.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:20 AM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Sucks my Friars lost. Hope they get a bid over UNH to the tourney will be a ****ing joke if they don't. Even so good season boys.

Umile is horrible. He was bad back in the day but right now he's bringing a big time program down. I think that program would be competing for national championships if they dumped that old idiot he should be moved on instead of Parker guy is a horrible coach all he does is choke any time the games matter.
You are the perfect example of the saying, "better be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and confirm it ".

Umile has had a great career in college hockey. Care to tell us what the hell you have done in your
life pal, that allows you to trash a decent guy?

doakacola* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
It's awesome. Probably one of Parker's classic chair throwing sessions. It worked for sure. Keep it together boys.
Do it fer Jack!

Go figure. My two college rooting interests swap personalities. The #1 Gophers lose in the conference semis to a crappy Colorado College team and the Terriers beat a what is by all indicators a superior BC team. It's bizarro world.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:41 PM
northeastern

Pulling for Lowell. I can't stand Bu or BC.

northeastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Whoever is going should see a helluva game. ULowell has the team but BU will be going on pure emotion. Last time Parker ever coaches at the Garden no matter who wins.

I'll need to put new batteries in the remote for tonight.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:12 PM
nifty988

Even as a BC fan, it's hard not to be rooting for BU tonight. They don't come much greater than Jackie Parker.

If you grew up in New England and follow hockey at all you know who Jackie Parker is and you probably have even met one of his former players.

Should be a great game.

nifty988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

I'm a big BU fan, but I think UML wins 4-2 tonight.

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:38 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
Congratulations to UMass-Lowell!!!!!

BMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMC View Post
Congratulations to UMass-Lowell!!!!!
I was real impressed with UML last year. The addition of Hellenbuyck has cemented them as a
a legit threat to win it all. Forwards like Wilson, Wetmore, Arnold, Wright & Pendenza are very good players.

I'm a UMass - Amherst grad but glad to see UML break the "big four" hegemony.

Old
03-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
Great game last night. Congrats to UML....first time since 1996 that one of the big 4 gets to see a championship banner raised in the Garden.

Was pleasantly surprised to see (and hear) a lot of UML fans last night. Brought tons of energy, lots of competing chants between the two fan bases.

Great skating, fantastic goaltending on both sides. One of the most competitive Championship games I've been to. You knew early on that all it might take was one opportunity, and thats all UML needed.. Good luck to them in the NCAA's.

As a BU alum.....still very odd to see Jack Parker's last game. I don't know a BU hockey world without him in it. I'd be happy but dead shocked if they get an at-large bid. The tournament run might help, but those two losses to Harvard might have been the turning point.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 05:20 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Great game last night. Congrats to UML....first time since 1996 that one of the big 4 gets to see a championship banner raised in the Garden.

Was pleasantly surprised to see (and hear) a lot of UML fans last night. Brought tons of energy, lots of competing chants between the two fan bases.

Great skating, fantastic goaltending on both sides. One of the most competitive Championship games I've been to. You knew early on that all it might take was one opportunity, and thats all UML needed.. Good luck to them in the NCAA's.

As a BU alum.....still very odd to see Jack Parker's last game. I don't know a BU hockey world without him in it. I'd be happy but dead shocked if they get an at-large bid. The tournament run might help, but those two losses to Harvard might have been the turning point.
The loss eliminates BU per the the rankings. Parker holds the record for wins at one school.
I can remember him playing at BU with former Lowell coach Billy Riley. I think that's 48 years
if Parker's life tied up with BU.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:03 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Congrats to UML and good luck to them in the tournament!

F UNH its a joke they got a bid over PC (and BU) I guess its time for Umile to do his usual choke job. Poor UNH that guy should take a page from Parker and leave b/c if they had a good coach instead of him they'd be better than BC/BU it would be them and Minny as the 2 biggest powers in college hockey I think. I hope they get bounced I wish they weren't in the tournament.

Old
03-25-2013, 12:15 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowline View Post
You are the perfect example of the saying, "better be thought a fool, than open ones mouth and confirm it ".

Umile has had a great career in college hockey. Care to tell us what the hell you have done in your
life pal, that allows you to trash a decent guy?
nm forget it

Last edited by MarshmontMcSlewfoot: 03-25-2013 at 12:34 AM.
Old
03-25-2013, 06:09 AM
TCL40

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Congrats to UML and good luck to them in the tournament!

F UNH its a joke they got a bid over PC (and BU) I guess its time for Umile to do his usual choke job. Poor UNH that guy should take a page from Parker and leave b/c if they had a good coach instead of him they'd be better than BC/BU it would be them and Minny as the 2 biggest powers in college hockey I think. I hope they get bounced I wish they weren't in the tournament.
I am glad UNH made it into the tournament. And other than Providence (who was essentially the Achilles heel for the Wildcats all year) they played well against all their other opponents.

It would be nice to see UNH make it to the Frozen Four.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 07:12 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Sucks that the Friars did not get in. However, this will only motivate them more next year. This team will no longer be two free wins a year for the fat cats.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote