HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XIII (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2013, 07:23 PM
slightlystewpid420

vCash: 500
Big night for jackets playoff dreams. Predators, Nucks, and sadly the Kings all need to win if we really want to make it. Calgary needs to lose at least 2/3 of their next few games. Canucks need to hault the Yotes allowing us to pass them, and the kings need to beat the Stars to let us pull away.
Really what the jackets need is for one of Atkinson or Johansen to catch some offensive fire and go berserk the next few games.

Old
03-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
They do. Almost every woman I've ever seen at a drive-thru looks like Vinny Prospal.
I'll also take Mayor Bee for the win. Well played, sir.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:38 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
They do. Almost every woman I've ever seen at a drive-thru looks like Vinny Prospal.
if only they had the same zest for life!

Old
03-21-2013, 11:07 PM
CBJSprague24
"Scoreboard, son."

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Big night for jackets playoff dreams. Predators, Nucks, and sadly the Kings all need to win if we really want to make it. Calgary needs to lose at least 2/3 of their next few games. Canucks need to hault the Yotes allowing us to pass them, and the kings need to beat the Stars to let us pull away.
Really what the jackets need is for one of Atkinson or Johansen to catch some offensive fire and go berserk the next few games.
Preds win.
Vancouver and LA both tied, under way.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:02 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Standings have the CBJ at the #9 spot as of now.

03-22-2013, 12:05 AM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhebner View Post
Standings have the CBJ at the #9 spot as of now.
Gotta beat the Calgary team tonight.... HUGE game for the CBJ organization....

Old
03-22-2013, 12:32 AM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Gotta beat the Calgary team tonight.... HUGE weekend for the CBJ organization....
Fixed

Old
03-22-2013, 12:44 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
But the Rags lost again(to Fla.....FLA!) and with the 8 game stretch they have coming up, the lottery is looking good for that pick

Old
03-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Ceff Jarter
Registered Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabluejacket View Post
But the Rags lost again(to Fla.....FLA!) and with the 8 game stretch they have coming up, the lottery is looking good for that pick
what if we won the lottery with the NYR pick

Old
03-22-2013, 01:22 AM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Hopefully Nash will receive a suspension and thus help them lose some more games. God I love watching the Rangers fall apart and Columbus string wins together. Even if the Jackets end up in 9th or so and don't end up with a top 5 pick, just would feel so amazing to have a lottery pick with the Rangers pick.

Old
03-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Columbus Mike
Next CBJ GM

vCash: 272
SJ sits 8th, but I think if we make the playoffs it will be at Detroit's expense.

We are level on games with them, but three points behind.

Tonight we get Calgary at home, while they are in Anaheim.

These games are crucial, dire, essential, grave, serious, and vital in determine who gets in and who doesn't.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:46 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post

These games are crucial, dire, essential, grave, serious, and vital in determine who gets in and who doesn't.
Sure, but have they any importance?

Old
03-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
I think you did that on purpose.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
And this is an ex-Parrot.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:29 AM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

so boys, if we do finish at 9 what would you guys make of it? We wouldn't have made the playoffs nor get a decent pick what good can we make out of that?

Old
03-22-2013, 12:04 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJ All The Way View Post
so boys, if we do finish at 9 what would you guys make of it? We wouldn't have made the playoffs nor get a decent pick what good can we make out of that?
I'd love a top 3 pick, I think thats gone by the way of dinosaur now though. I think the infusion of talent would only help in the future. The draft itself is looking more and more like a typical draft the closer we get to it (sizeable drop around #5, monumental if we fall out of the top ten, then, crapshoot) A top 3 pick (preferably 1 or 2) remains the best bet for a long term build or an organization, simply because one team (Edmonton) hasn't capitalized on this doesn't disway me from the validity of it, too many of the great teams had the chance to get the "Idiot-proof" players for me to totally write this off as a viable building option.

If its one thing we've seen in the past, its that finishing strong (for this organization) has accomplished nothing for the team the following season, nothing to build upon, but fall back from.

With our situation now, smart trades for now and the future will help as well as hoping that pieces in our system that have impressed continue to impress.

The team can't go backward, but with whats happened the last three weeks or so, this feat will be extremely hard to duplicate next season. I'll go on the record now and say that a finish next year below where we are trending this year will not kill anykind of new found buzz for me. Davidson and Jarmo have said things in regards to building that I don't think I could have stomached from Priest and Howson (as they had their chances)

Asking this same group and same coaches to go out and do this, or better, next season will be a tall order. I'd gamble right now the CBJ's record will be worse next year, collectively (full season aside) then this season, and I won't be jumping off any bridges because of it.

I like what I've heard from management thus far, failing to secure a sure-fire NHL stud in the draft this year isn't going to kill it and neither will a potential lower finish next season than this season as I've heard a plan that makes sense and message hasn't been lost in translation. There's a bigger picture here beyond Wins and Losses this season or next.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:08 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Hope that NYR continue there subpar play and finish the season below us and that one of us wins the lotto. Even if they don't win it, that's 2 picks in the top 10. Which of done correctly could bring a huge boost to this club.

Seriously cannot stop thinking about coming away from the draft with Monahan/Lindholm, Shinkaruk, Domi/Mantha/Erne/etc.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:23 PM
major major

Quote:
Well I feel good about my team again. We play the right way.

Then get excited about 3 first round picks in a deep draft.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:38 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 177
Quote:
Gotta take it as a step in the right direction imo, having a winning culture is much more important than high draft picks just look at the oilers. + the entire 1st round is pretty deep having 3 1st's in there is going to do wonders for this organization.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:51 PM
davidbklyn

Quote:
I'm sure my main reaction will be aggravation at the posters who will complain that we improved from 30th to the doorstep of the playoffs and should have lost more games.

Old
03-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Jackets tied with the Rangers. Rangers with tiebreaker and have 1 game in hand.

Interesting thing: Jackets have more Goals for 73 vs. 71. So much for a star studded first line eh.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Iron Balls McGinty

If Wiz is back next week, who sits?

The 7 D we have already have been playing so well, adding Wiz to the mix means somebody has to go. Moore already got the scratch last night simply because of the numbers game.

You can't scratch Johnson. I don't see them scratching Tyutin or Nikitin. I feel like Prout stays because of his physical stay at home presence. Erixon has been great. Its hard to say who goes with the team playing as well as it has recently.

Old
03-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Roadman
Moving On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post

The 7 D we have already have been playing so well, adding Wiz to the mix means somebody has to go. Moore already got the scratch last night simply because of the numbers game.

You can't scratch Johnson. I don't see them scratching Tyutin or Nikitin. I feel like Prout stays because of his physical stay at home presence. Erixon has been great. Its hard to say who goes with the team playing as well as it has recently.
Probably Nikitin or Prout.

JJ - Tyutin
Wiz - Prout/ Nikitin
Aucoin/Moore - Erixon

Although either Moore or Prout are the easiest to send to SPR

Old
03-23-2013, 09:01 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

“@Aportzline: Dispatch: D James Wisniewski traveling w #CBJ, hopes to play on trip; C Brandon Dubinsky has "set-back." more notes http://*******/YkuSha”

03-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post

I'd assume Prout goes back to Springfield.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Closed Thread